Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

I just did that blog's method a minute ago, and it worked for me.

After logging into Windows Live, at first it gave me an error saying "check back tomorrow" but I kept re-entering the address and eventually the Key page popped up.

All those of you out there, keep trying over and over even if you get an error page the first few times.

Sweet!

will 64bit install on my macbook core duo? its not a core 2 duo

I dont tihnk it has to be a Core 2 Duo - minimum specs are

1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor

1 GB of system memory

16 GB of available disk space

Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (in order to enable Aero theme)

DVD-R/W Drive

Internet access (to download the Beta and get updates)

I dont tihnk it has to be a Core 2 Duo - minimum specs are

1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor

1 GB of system memory

16 GB of available disk space

Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (in order to enable Aero theme)

DVD-R/W Drive

Internet access (to download the Beta and get updates)
but will the windows 7 64bit install ?? on my cpu

thanks just got mine, and to those that remember me earlier in the thread, still chugging along at 78KBps and 53% left :D

Speedy, haha. I got mine downloaded earlier thanks to the link you posted, but I checked the MD5, and it's saying it doesn't match. :confused:

I used the x64 one posted earlier in this thread, and my ISO file didn't match. I'm downloading it over, ~50 minutes remaining. Should I be concerned or try it anyways?

can't get it to work for shit. it let me sign in technet but still will not work. keeps telling me that the page can not be found. am I doing something wrong? do you have to be a member of technet proper and not just having a live account?

Speedy, haha. I got mine downloaded earlier thanks to the link you posted, but I checked the MD5, and it's saying it doesn't match. :confused:

I used the x64 one posted earlier in this thread, and my ISO file didn't match. I'm downloading it over, ~50 minutes remaining. Should I be concerned or try it anyways?

i would try it anyway, its not like you got it off a torrent site.....

can't get it to work for shit. it let me sign in technet but still will not work. keeps telling me that the page can not be found. am I doing something wrong? do you have to be a member of technet proper and not just having a live account?

I just had a LIVE account.

Thanks for the tip to get a key, no doubt there will be other alternatives to get this working but it's nice to have an official key. The second there are some decent Xfire capable AMD drivers I'll be all over this OS :)

Try using Internet Explorer. I couldn't get to the correct page using Firefox.

all i get is We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found every time i copy and paste the link in the address bar per instructions on that blog page. and yes i am signed in on the technet page. :confused:

I hate all of you that keep saying that it only took you a couple of refreshes :mad:

Did you try the x64 key? Because I, too, was having no dice at getting into the download server for the x32 and then switched to the x64 and almost INSTANTLY got the Key

Did you try the x64 key? Because I, too, was having no dice at getting into the download server for the x32 and then switched to the x64 and almost INSTANTLY got the Key

Yeah, I was trying for the 64bit key. I was using FF, but due to what someone said a couple of posts up, I just switched to IE to see if I have any better luck.

I downloaded both versions last night and installed the x32 in Virtual PC. Runs like a pig.
I don't know if it's a bug in 7 or a bug in VirtualPC. WHat I do know is that my dual core CPU doesn't have one running at 1.8ghz and another at 7 Mhz.

Guess I'll have to install it for real on a spair drive....I was going to do it anyway, but I really wanted to play with it before i did that.

Looks like that method is dying too. I went from getting the standard errors to it trying to say it can't find the page

Core Duo (the original) = no 64 bit CPU support, so no, the 64 bit version of Windows 7 will not install. You'll need (and you're stuck with) the 32 bit version which works just fine also.

Core 2 Duo introduced 64 bit capability to Core tech processors.

I hate all of you that keep saying that it only took you a couple of refreshes :mad:

join the club, i've been trying for over half an hour now, for the 64-bit key :(

i even logged out of WoW for this............

I downloaded both versions last night and installed the x32 in Virtual PC. Runs like a pig.
I don't know if it's a bug in 7 or a bug in VirtualPC. WHat I do know is that my dual core CPU doesn't have one running at 1.8ghz and another at 7 Mhz.

Guess I'll have to install it for real on a spair drive....I was going to do it anyway, but I really wanted to play with it before i did that.

Image the drive and install it native on the machine, VM performance is simply not a fair way to judge this OS (or any, for that matter, except maybe Damn Small Linux or Windows 3.11). :D

Wow...I must have hit it at the right time. Got mine in 2 or 3 refreshes. Now I can't get a 32-bit key :(.

So....for those of you who have Windows 7 Downloading.....now what? lol ;)

I'm wondering what to do with it, haha. I don't have any large spare hard drives to put it on, so I'm thinking I might go all out and replace XP with it. The only problem with that of course is when August 1st comes, who knows what will be going on. Oh well I guess, worse thing that will happen is I have to throw XP back on for a bit until 7 comes out or something. I could throw it on a small 30gig hard drive I have, but if I do that I won't be able to really test it out like I would like to. Doesn't offer me much room to install all my software and stuff. Might seem like an odd decision to use a beta OS as my main OS, but from what I've been reading it's been working out quite well for others. We'll see I guess, haha.

Hmm....Strange....

....But, it did take me awhile to get my key - almost an hour of browsing and refreshing for about 20 minutes. Not to mention the download times and the different experimentation with browsers, closing of other internet-using apps, and etc...

Try and experiment more, and see what you get.

I'm wondering what to do with it, haha. I don't have any large spare hard drives to put it on, so I'm thinking I might go all out and replace XP with it. The only problem with that of course is when August 1st comes, who knows what will be going on. Oh well I guess, worse thing that will happen is I have to throw XP back on for a bit until 7 comes out or something. I could throw it on a small 30gig hard drive I have, but if I do that I won't be able to really test it out like I would like to. Doesn't offer me much room to install all my software and stuff. Might seem like an odd decision to use a beta OS as my main OS, but from what I've been reading it's been working out quite well for others. We'll see I guess, haha.

haha - yeah. They did say we had the option of reinstalling it in order to get its functionality back, but what fun is that? :)

Back