Winamp? Anyone still rockin' it?

MediaMonkey = Fail. I mean what modern music player/organizer doesn't have a "repeat one" function?

I use iTunes and Songbird mainly. Winamp, meh, its had its time in the limelight of popularity.

I haven't used winamp in years. I've liked WMP since Vista came around. Now I use the Zune software.

Hadn't even heard of MediaMonkey. Then again, I haven't even loaded WinAmp since Jackson died and I listened to some of his ol' stuff...

Obviously I'm a huge audiophile...

I got sick of Winamp a while ago. Used it for a very long time though! For a while, after, I used foobar. Currently I just use Windows Media Player on Windows (I think they finally got it, mostly, right) and iTunes on OS X.

I haven't used Winamp in years after using it for a number of years. I didn't care for a lot of the stuff included in Winamp and was bored with it so I went looking for something else. I found foobar2k at that time and I've been using it since. I don't have much desire for a lot of "in depth" functions such as library and such and the drag and drop nature of foobar works great for me.

I use Winamp in conjunction with Streamripper for ripping streaming broadcasts . WMP for everything else.

I'm still using an older, lighter version of Winamp. It does what I want it to. I've played with things like Foobar and MediaMonkey but I always go back to my old Winamp.

I hate winamp these days, but I still use it for the out of the box FLAC support. I tried foobar a few times and it always proved too difficult to get configured as I'd like it, so I gave up.

I tried Media Monkey once quite some time ago... but I don't really recall why I ended up not using it. Maybe I should give it another go.

I still use WinAmp, the classic version with default theme, no eyecandy whatsoever :p
very simple stuff

I still use Winamp on windows with the classic theme and XMMS1 on Linux.

No other mp3 player has the "jump to song" search performance and behavior of either of those that I've tried.

I have tried many players, yet always come back to Winamp. It's simple, sounds good, and has a small memory footprint compared to some other players that do way more than I need them to. MediaMonkey and Songbird are decent apps but I've just never felt the need to import my music collection into a library. Foobar is OK but it just doesn't appeal to me much in its stock configuration and I've never wanted to take the time to figure out how to customize it when there are other apps that do what I want out of the box. Quintessential Player is probably one of my favorites behind Winamp but after using it for a while I felt no need to change from ol' reliable. I like how Winamp's keyboard shortcuts are laid out on the Z row in the same order as they appear on screen, so it's easy to remember that prev. track is Z, play is X, pause is C, stop is V, next track is B, etc.

Another reason is that I've become extremely fond of portable apps over the course of the past year or two, and Winamp is readily available in a portable format so it's self-contained. One less thing to remember to install, and less erroneous files in my system & registry. There is a portable version of Foobar too, and probably some of the others, but I'll stick with Winamp until something compels me to switch.

I haven't used WinAmp in probably over 8 years. Now I just use the Zune software for my audio and some video, and then WMP (which I really like in Vista and 7) for the rest and majority of my video needs.

With my latest install I finally decided to stop using Winamp, just using iTunes for music and VLC for videos now. I like the iTunes playlist/library management, and VLC is free & fast.

I still use WinAmp, the classic version with default theme, no eyecandy whatsoever
If you want even less eye candy, give foobar a whirl. It barely even has icons!

Now I just use the Zune software for my audio and some video, and then WMP (which I really like in Vista and 7) for the rest and majority of my video needs.
I'm still pretty astounded at Zune's lack of ID3v2.4 support. I can understand not supporting open formats such as FLAC and Ogg Vorbis, but not supporting ID3v2.4 tags? Pure insanity!

I can't even remember when I started using Winamp, but it is still my main player. Just recently switched to the modern skin instead of the ol' classic.

Hell no, I hate Winamp. Never understood why anyone likes it. I much prefer WMP or iTunes to Winamp.

I love foobar2k now, awesome stuff and so customizable. I like the itunes layout of a big side bar for artists and then browser areas for other things. I also have album art added in to be with albums in the list and of course some custom sort rules. The folder monitoring is also unbelievably fast and effective in foobar.

24pe7w0.jpg

I used Winamp way back when. I switched to Foobar when my library got to big for Winamp to handle and I have been using it ever since. I also have Amip installed for fast searching which works great.

Does foobar2000 support DLNA (in particular being a client to a UPNP Media Server)?

Winamp for me as well.. Light weight and gets the job done.

I've been using Winamp since the 90's. I also run FLACs and really like the out of box encoding and playing.

Used it since whenever diablo 1 came out.....up until 3 weeks ago. It started randomly crashing and shit, and I got tired of it. So, I just use VLC now and hang with the cooler nerds.

Just checked out Foobar2k...

Something tells me I'll never load Winamp again!

Yup, still use winamp. Don't see any need to change either. Its fast and works great.

Just checked out Foobar2k...

Something tells me I'll never load Winamp again!

Yep, same thing happened to me. I love Winamp, but it's just too much and too crowded. Looks great though.

I love foobar's tabs and library, plus its portability.

Back