Why you don't play bf3?

I loved BF3 when it first came out but haven't touched it since DICE screwed everything up with that big patch last March. Having more fun playing BF1942 for free and Planetside 2.

Origin and Battlelog not linked? That is absurd.

Empty servers? Hardly.

EA introduces Premium and all servers are Premium? Blame the server providers, there are plenty of non premium only servers.

Can't throw C4? Learn to C4, its fairly easy.

Sounds being worse than CoD? Now that is just flat out wrong, completely.

This one makes me laugh right here, "Because its boring. Its like cod with better graphics and vehicles, but with a worse net code. I say that because almost no one plays as a team."
Client Side hit detection is the reason that no one plays as a team? Another game that is getting promoted in this thread is PS2 which omg uses CS Hit detection (okay its a mix of both, but still the point remains. you can turn a corner and still die.) The shit isn't perfect.

This one is funny too, " hate having to login to Origin then login to battlelog. search for servers then do the drag down stuff because battlelog is retarded. " I never launch Origin, I go to battlelog, find a server and join it. Origin opens and launches the game when its ready without any interaction whatsoever from me period.

One more, people saying they screwed up everything in a patch yet don't list what changes they disliked, just more blanket ignorant statements.

"Rush mode was a complete piece of shit compared to Bad Company 2. Ticket count was way too low. Took forever for them to fix."
Blame the server admins, this is easily fixed by anyone who runs a server.

Who thinks Sniping in bc2 is better than bf3? bc2 is all about montage sniping and very very similar to cod which I don't get because a lot of people love to rag on CoD ? bf3 sniping > bc2 sniping easily..easily.

"BF3 is definitely on the decline in terms of player count but it still has a very healthy number of active players. Check out http://www.gamestat.co.uk/"

You can pretty much say this for every single online mp game ever made, there is always a rush of people in the beginning, and going by your link its easily said for all the games on that chart.

Last edited:
All the server are empty.

And I don't like bf3 because of its sound that I hate.

So I was wondering, why nobody play this game and why cod has so many players?

Beside the sound and some minor stuff, I think bf3 is very good game.

All the server are empty.
Not if you have the Premium pack, I see a ton of servers, use the filters for what you like, and there will be plenty of fulls servers to play on.

And I don't like bf3 because of its sound that I hate.
What ? The sound engine is the best sound effects I have heard in a shooter game, and I have been playing first person shooters for 20 years. I am using the Sound Blaster Recon 3D, and the sounds are amazing.

So I was wondering, why nobody play this game and why cod has so many players?
Like I said, plenty of BF3 players, but yes there are more on COD, because they are knuckle dragging cavemen stupid fucks. Just like McDonald's sells the most hamburgers, doesn't mean they are good, they just sell the most, to the dummies. The COD series is the McDonald's for gamers, and Battlefield is the gourmet restaurant for gamers.

Beside the sound and some minor stuff, I think bf3 is very good game.
BF3 is a GREAT game

One more, people saying they screwed up everything in a patch yet don't list what changes they disliked, just more blanket ignorant statements.

A lot of misinformed people in this thread.

Changes don't need to be listed as you can go to any forum and just simply mention that March patch and everyone will instantly know. But how about screwing up the recoil and balance of nearly every gun, screwing with the attachments, messing with tank armor, AA capabilities and the list goes on and on. In one single patch DICE made this game play completely different from what it was when in first came out.

Changes don't need to be listed as you can go to any forum and just simply mention that March patch and everyone will instantly know. But how about screwing up the recoil and balance of nearly every gun, screwing with the attachments, messing with tank armor, AA capabilities and the list goes on and on. In one single patch DICE made this game play completely different from what it was when in first came out.

The march patch was needed, everyone ran with the same damn setup, silencer + foregrip on every weapon. It made you change it up, the only thing I truly hated was infantry against aircraft. The balance changes made from infantry to tanks yeah, they became glass swords. A lot has changed since March, its been 9 months.

If anyone is complaining about no one PTFO'ing or not having any teamwork and don't have anyone to play with feel free to add me.

The march patch was needed, everyone ran with the same damn setup, silencer + foregrip on every weapon. It made you change it up, the only thing I truly hated was infantry against aircraft. The balance changes made from infantry to tanks yeah, they became glass swords. A lot has changed since March, its been 9 months.

Sure it was a popular setup but you make these changes a little at a time not dick around with everything in one shot. Doesn't matter what they changed did since then either as DICE severely screwed up the game and refused to even acknowledge the fact that they did. That is what completely turned me off from the game.

+1 on the I don't give EA money train, plenty of better publishers and indie devs out there to give money to

Sure it was a popular setup but you make these changes a little at a time not dick around with everything in one shot. Doesn't matter what they changed did since then either as DICE severely screwed up the game and refused to even acknowledge the fact that they did. That is what completely turned me off from the game.

I dunno, Aftermath really livened the game up for me. Keep in mind, I play almost daily, but Aftermath is fucking awesome.

All you people give some sorry reasons for why you quit playing. They are quite funny. Grow up already. :rolleyes::eek:

Its a damn good game. After putting 450 hours in to it. I can say its an amazing game. THE END. fanboy or not.

The game is balanced you just need a good team, and figure out what your doing. Like poping out/zooming the mini map while ur on the go. You have to remap the keys for that but makes the whole game way better. cuz you can see whats going on the bf. Most people don't even come up with this idea, and get stuck using the small tiny mini map. Then their scores sucks cuz they don't know where to go or what to do. In the end they just say the game sucks or something silly. BF3 is amazing. A true BF vet will love it for what it is.

I remapped my keys and the game still sucks. See my sig?

We look at why the game is bad out side of Battlefield 3, comparing to its predecessor, its Origin distribution platform compared to Steam, and oh yeah, the game used to crash a SHIT TON. LOL, you think you play well because you know how to use the minimap?

You tell others to "grow up", yet you spell 'cause' as 'cuz'. Learn to spell, child.

AM is awesome, but the dlc only brings me back for a week or two then im bored and wait for the next dlc. Unless they bring back the feel of BF2 in BF4, I probably wont be getting it.

Things i dont like about BF3:
-Patches to far apart
-Premium
- not the true sequel to BF2 they promised

Good game, just not Battlefield

I played quite a bit of BF3 when it was released. However my love for the game quickly grew to anger as the result of two events:
1) the DART bug. I could never find a low ping server where there was an admin actively working to ban or kick assholes abusing the bug. Only on some really high-ping servers did I find good admins. You saw the DART being used in a lot of the Urban maps which were some of my favorite maps to play (Karkand for example).

2) Not sure which patch it was but there was a patch that more or less neutered the infantry against jets and choppers by lessening the damage from man portable SAMs against aircraft. It was hard to begin with to kill an experienced pilot. With that patch, air effectively raped everything. Well raped everything more anyway. That made any map with air painful to play.

So maps with air were killed for me. Urban maps without air were killed for me.

I loved almost everything else about the game. But the two events just really killed the game for me. BF3 Premium didn't help either.

It just isn't fun. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 more, not having the AT4 prevented me from ever loving BF3 in the first place. Fuck that Javelin nonsense.

Ya AT4 would make BF3 amazing. I'd play vehicle maps if they had that, right now only play aftermath or infantry only.

BF3 is not BF2 or BF2142 and missing team work. That is killed that beautiful game for me.

Planet Side 2 to the rescue.

BF3 is not BF2 or BF2142 and missing team work. That is killed that beautiful game for me.

Planet Side 2 to the rescue.

higher sound quality my ass,

cod2 on XP + x-fi cmss3d + good headphones was tits :D
YES!!!!

No joke CMSS3D with Senn HD595s in COD2 with EAX3 was fucking amazing!!!

Some of the best directional sound ever, no joke I could pin point exact location of people behind walls with amazing accuracy.

BF3 is not BF2 or BF2142 and missing team work.

Basically, this. It's more like BF:BC2 rather than it's predecessor, BF2. There is a huge lack of focus on team play with the removal of in game VOIP, small 4 man squads, no commander, and no command map even for squad leaders (way points, etc). I kinda got bored after 250h or so, unlike BF2 which I played in excess of 550h and really only stopped because I was distracted by MMOs. Honestly, I'm surprised it took me that long to get bored of BF3.

There is a huge lack of focus on team play with the removal of in game VOIP, small 4 man squads, no commander, and no command map even for squad leaders (way points, etc).

Indeed , for me whole BF3 now feels like huge Quake with vehicles. I had my hopes for BF series but not anymore. It is now dumbed down game tat attracts a lot of people who prefer run and gun rather then team game play. That is fine with me but it is not type of game I will waste my weekends on.

I am almost 100% burned out on FPSs. BF3 didnt really feel like anything new or great from all the past Modern FPS. These days FPS leaves me feeling what I feel with WoW, they are out dated, over played, and use too many old cliches and too little innovation. No one even really tries to innovate because they are afraid that it might not be good and cannabalize sales and I sympathize but I really need something "new" in FPS to really get me back in. Though Halo with friends is still pretty fun, but thats only with friends. I hate playing console FPS alone.

It's not only that many FPS are stagnating creatively, but they are actually going backward feature-wise. No community-created content, no reserved slots, no team or squad VOIP (unforgivable), expensive player slot surcharges/fees, no spectator mode, patches delayed for months on end due to consoles, etc., etc., etc...

It's the best-looking best-sounding FPS out there IMO, but seriously, they made a team-based shooter without VOIP. Some of you can say the game is amazing all you want, but fact is that 95% of the time you're playing with or against a bunch of people that can't even talk to each other, which makes all forms of teamwork extremely cumbersome. It doesn't take long to see how the squads that actually can communicate completely demolish the ones that can't.

It's not only that many FPS are stagnating creatively, but they are actually going backward feature-wise. No community-created content, no reserved slots, no team or squad VOIP (unforgivable), expensive player slot surcharges/fees, no spectator mode, patches delayed for months on end due to consoles, etc., etc., etc...

It's the best-looking best-sounding FPS out there IMO, but seriously, they made a team-based shooter without VOIP. Some of you can say the game is amazing all you want, but fact is that 95% of the time you're playing with or against a bunch of people that can't even talk to each other, which makes all forms of teamwork extremely cumbersome. It doesn't take long to see how the squads that actually can communicate completely demolish the ones that can't.

Yes, feature-stagnation would be preferrable to the mass feature-regression that is happening to gaming across the board right now.

Good point. However, most servers have a voice server available to the public. People just don't use it. I sure as hell know when a squad is using voice bc I get my ass kicked usually. It isn't just voip. It is a bunch of things that ea decided to not allow which kills it in terms of being a team based game. That's why it isn't played competitively much anymore. Certainly nowhere near the level it once was.

Because getting shot by a .45 from across the map. That's why. Well, that's why I only play on the [H] servers when they are populated. Otherwise, there are just too many ways to die from across a map. I know I just need to find good servers.... I still play, but rarely.

Removing voip was the worst decision they could have possibly made for this game. What was wrong with keeping voip for squads? Because of there being no voice communication, people just kind of roam around aimlessly. Nobody is ever on the same page and all you see on the chat log is bitching. The game is a mess because of this.

So hopefully BF4 due out in October, will be more BF2 than COD ?

Will BF4 use the Frostbite 2 engine, or more advanced newer engine ?

Origin/EA, Hard to find a "good server", no friends to play with. Loved the game but team death match is just plagued with autoshotties and the only map that people play on is canals.

Also I don't have the money to constantly buy new dlc

It's nothing that BF2 was...I LOVED that game and have over 1K hours in it, Admined one of the top servers in the world (Full Contact War), and lead a Clan.

I only played BC2 because a few of the clan mates from BF2 played. Meh, 200 hours.

I played BF3 and was excited because "BF3 was going back to it's roots" "prone is back!" etc etc. It turned out to be an constant HDR Orgasm with stupid physics (OMG Bullet drop!!! LOL!!! It seriously felt like I was shooting a football), helicopters and planes were geared towards gamepad/keyboarders instead of joysticks, and the stupid ass ranking (instead of Sergeant First class we have Sergeant 2 star! WTF is that?!)

DICE sold out, I miss BF2.

Also I don't have the money to constantly buy new dlc

I had stopped playing BF3 before they offered "Premium" - the pathetic announcement that they were finished supporting the server client after only 5 months sealed it for me - but Premium ensured I would never return. These guys want to be Activision so badly it's sickening, and the Premium-style model is only one step removed from the ultimate publisher dream: COD/BF as a pay-to-play monthly service.

That's what's so sad/puzzling about the whole scenario: they're steadily working toward a model that will cost players more and more money, while at the same time offering less and less of an overall experience - and players can't punch in their credit card numbers fast enough. I know exactly why I don't play BF3 anymore.

When you think about it, considering that this was essentially the flagship game for Origin, this was EA's chance to launch their very own Team Fortress 2: the game that they could build a following around for years, ensuring that everyone had Origin running all the time, offering promos, tie-ins, you name it. Unfortunately, they chose to emulate Activision instead of Valve, and that's why their stock lives in the cellar.

Removing voip was the worst decision they could have possibly made for this game. What was wrong with keeping voip for squads? Because of there being no voice communication, people just kind of roam around aimlessly. Nobody is ever on the same page and all you see on the chat log is bitching. The game is a mess because of this.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case. I devote most of my time to Ghost Recon Future Soldier on the console. Yep on the console , only because the following on the PC isnt that great.

not game related but I don't because it's not on Steam and don't feel like having Origin AND Steam on the same box. nitpicky I know.

Also still have jerky fps and rubberbanding issues. Really kills it for me.

not game related but I don't because it's not on Steam and don't feel like having Origin AND Steam on the same box. nitpicky I know.

I agreed at first, but Origin is not that bad. I prefer Steam, but Origin does offer quicker downloads (to me) and better customer service.

But I can't stand that Ubisoft and Gamefly are requiring two more clients...

This game would be so much more enjoyable if they had voip and didn't have the premium/second class citizen thing going. I don't like how it is cheaper to buy bf3 premium edition than it is to just upgrade my current game to premium. I feel like i'm being held hostage because i don't want to have to level up an whole new character to get all of the unlocks by purchasing an entire new premium edition game. The early adopters are the ones that are penalized.

I don't like unlocks. Played CS1.6 for 600 hours, CSS 500 hours, CODMW 60 hours, CODBO1 20 hours, BF3 80 hours.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting in my office, watching this shit, laughing my ass off, had to close the door....;)

"Can he make it back contest" was the best.... :D :D :D

As to the game itself, I HATE the total bull-shit imbalance of infantry to armored vehicles. Unless you get a direct center mass hit with a shell from the tank, you can spend a whole game trying to kill a hopping support guy that seemingly will end up planting C4 on your ass and blow you up... Love that part...
And yes, the lack of VoIP for the squads is a total pisser too.
And don't get me started on lack of ANY form of fucking communication in CO-OP!!!! :eek:

Back