Why you don't play bf3?

This game would be so much more enjoyable if they had voip and didn't have the premium/second class citizen thing going. I don't like how it is cheaper to buy bf3 premium edition than it is to just upgrade my current game to premium. I feel like i'm being held hostage because i don't want to have to level up an whole new character to get all of the unlocks by purchasing an entire new premium edition game. The early adopters are the ones that are penalized.

Yeah that total BS.... That's why you got to watch out for specials... Had the game for over a year now and just past month got upgraded to Premium, for $25...:cool:

I found my english pretty good after 15 years of learning it. If it is what you meant.

Our education system may be shit, but that is no excuse for a 15 year old to be talking like that. ;)

I just recently started playing BF3 on PC so I guess I don't don't play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaxSKT1gtg8

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting in my office, watching this shit, laughing my ass off, had to close the door....;)

"Can he make it back contest" was the best.... :D :D :D
I usually don't like vids like this, but that part was hella funny, I lol'd also.

lol, soo funny looking watching them run back hahahah. One guy was pro at the end quickly took driver seat and made it back in bounds.

It's an FPS game where the greatest chance of success involves strategy.

How the frig are you supposed to strategize when you can't talk to nearby teammates, to squads. I bought the damn thing for $60. I never for once thought in my mind an FPS game could come out in this modern age of fps gaming without a proper VOIP system.

It's an FPS game where the greatest chance of success involves strategy.

How the frig are you supposed to strategize when you can't talk to nearby teammates, to squads. I bought the damn thing for $60. I never for once thought in my mind an FPS game could come out in this modern age of fps gaming without a proper VOIP system.

Also is it just me or is the Squad spawn interface counter-intuitive?

It really took me a minute to even figure what button to click on to join squads and choose spawn points. When I occasionally log on I still click the wrong buttons until I remember what you have to click.

Additionally the whole party thing in Battlelog doesn't work all that well either.

Origin is required. Steam is bad enough. I simply refuse to have yet another client. I would have bought this one, as a stand alone hard copy, or a Steam version since I already have Steam.

sold my copy and account.

- Origin failed to update the game on many occasions
- game crashed after map load
- random microstuttering
- hackers. lots of hackers, and not the casual type either, these ones had the multikill aimbots and would corner a team at spawn and just HS everyone as soon as they spawned
- Lack of good maps

I'm a premium player and stopped playing because I was getting bored, had a hard time finding balanced servers, and don't have anybody to play with. Plus, Borderlands 2 came out and that sucked up my time.

Started playing again and I'm having a blast. Found a couple good servers. I like the new Scavenger mode a lot. Still need people to play with.

I haven't bought premium, but I have to say I think it's a pretty good value for the money, particularly if you get it on sale. 4 sets of DLC, each with several maps and other updates? Then add the other little perks like skins, guns, etc and it seems like a pretty good deal.

That being said I just don't play it very much, but I think it's more that I'm tired of FPS (MP in particular) than BF3 in particular. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding any game I want to play right now. DA:O and the ME series seemed to have locked me into a very particular set of game, and that's really all I want right now. :(

I bought it the day it came out and played for a few days but I haven't touched it since.

I don't want Origin on my computer. I don't want to have to open a web browser. I don't want to install plugins for a web browser. I want to be able to change settings without joining a match.

I did enjoy the actual game but there are too many annoyances to get to it and it convinced me to never buy anything that requires Origin.

Also is it just me or is the Squad spawn interface counter-intuitive?

It really took me a minute to even figure what button to click on to join squads and choose spawn points. When I occasionally log on I still click the wrong buttons until I remember what you have to click.

Additionally the whole party thing in Battlelog doesn't work all that well either.

Use the W and S keys to select squadmates and the space bar to spawn in, works much faster than trying to click.

As for the game itself, I still enjoy it far more than PS2. I put about 15 hours into PS2 - and that was with playing with friends and it just didn't stick. We were getting bored after defending the same hex for 6 hours straight (tech lab) even though we were racking up certs during 2x.

In PS2 the guns feel weak with no impact. The sound is mediocre. It's easy to get stranded from the action requiring you to run several minutes to the nearest vehicle station. The fact that there's no 'rounds' really kills it for me. Having a finite amount of time or resources provides a feeling of tension and clear victory. It would be like playing Starcraft with infinite bases - nobody cares that you just got wiped out because you can just rebuild over and over again.

I can recall many memorable times in Battlefield where we're down to the last ticket, the bomb is ticking down on the last mcom and everyone is doing everything they can to defend it. That feeling simply doesn't exist in PS2.

Hahaha no kidding. I started reading the first page and thought "how the heck did this turn into 7 pages"... the sounds... the SOUNDS!

Not flame so much as weirdness. I can't prove it but I think BF3s userbase is shrinking. I literally have no friends playing anymore. When it started my whole clan was playing. 20-50 people.

I really expected BF3 to stay popular longer but it's very been very hampered by EA and DICE.

It used to be that at a LAN you'd be playing CS or some other competitive shooter and someone would say "I wanna play on a bigger map" BF!!!, but not really now. Mainly because you need origin, you need battlelog, you gotta get the right map packs, BF3 is buggy has balancing issues etc etc etc.

It's just not competitive, it's not jump in fun. Even with all it's problems BFBC2 is less of a hassle though honestly right now if I were to crave any Battlefield right not it'd be BF1942 with the Star Wars total conversion mod. Would be great with with BF3..oh wait.

Because you dissed Battlefield 3 in the [H] forums. Take this as a lesson learned.

yRVPd.png

I have had this game a month and I am now ditching it. Horrible netcode, cheaters and hackers galore, and the two most retarded and noob-rewarding mechanics in an online FPS ever - suppression and regenerating vehicle health.

More bottom-feeding game design for bottom-feeding morons.

^ this

I'm gonna give bugfield another chance soon since my ps2 premium membership expires on Monday, haven't tried aftermath yet lol.

What a bunch of whiny bitches. I should have known as soon as I saw the title of this thread what it would look like. BF3 is a fantastic game. I wish it was BF2 with better graphics and physics but it is not. It is it's own deal and that deal is a perfect good game. DICE is banning hacks faster then they ever have.

As far as ps2 goes I refuse to pay a monthly for a game. I just won't do it.

You don't have to, you get some xp boost as a premium member and that's it, you pay again 1 month after your subscription has expired and receive an additional xp boost.

EA is much worse than SOE, they ask you to pay 50$ upfront for DLCs that they WILL be released in the near future, giving you the privilege of beta testing them 2 weeks before they're available to the rest of players, [ premium servers AK servers vanilla servers metro only servers CQ servers B2K servers AM servers ], EA has done a terrible job by seriously fragmenting their playerbase while in PS2 you get to play the same map with other 1999 players non stop.

I've been following the BF series since the release of bf1942 El Alamein demo, i've paid 26 euros for the bf 3 limited edition and 21 for bf3 premium, ps2 is worth much more and you can play it for free

Last edited:
What a bunch of whiny bitches. I should have known as soon as I saw the title of this thread what it would look like. BF3 is a fantastic game. I wish it was BF2 with better graphics and physics but it is not. It is it's own deal and that deal is a perfect good game. DICE is banning hacks faster then they ever have.

So you came in a thread that asked why "you don't play bf3" and decided to ridicule the people that posted their reasons? What's that called again?

By PS2 I hope you don't mean Planetside 2 or you're totally misinformed. The game is free, there is no monthly charge, and there is only a "charge" if you decide you want perks like skins and station cash to buy items in game you could buy anyways.

I bought Alpha Squad during beta since I liked it....$40 on a free game that gives me skins and an XP boost for 6 months. Why did I do it? I support the Devs.

Back on topic:

BF1942> Bf2 > BF 2142 >BF:BC2 > BF Vietnam > BF3

I think the fact that it went mainstream (OMG HIPSTERS) opened the door to a bunch of casual players that in no way have any sense of Teamwork or how to tactically think. Running dead straight into a battle while disregarding everyone around you is just retarded. Bunching up on a blind corner is equally stupid. Reviving me on a suppressed hallway is just frustrating

It's a server full of 64 lone wolves with squads that only serve as mobile spawn points...not just the Squad Leaders like in BF2. Sure there are rare occurrences where a squad/team will work together and that will end up with them steam rolling the enemy...but most of the time it's everyone out just trying to whore kills.

BF2 had a Normal rank system (Recruit, Private, Private first class) Not the BS in BF3 (Private, Private 1 star, 2 star etc). Also, BF2 had fewer weapons and no "boosts" or attachments. It was 3 weapons per class when the game matured. Once you hit a certain rank all weapons were unlocked and you just focused on playing/rank or getting badges. This supplied other players that weren't there for instant gratification since most of them played for fun. At least this is how Full Contact War was every time I played.

Commanders played a roll to the SLs, SLs played a role to the squadmates, and the lone wolves usually circle jerked in the corner.

I guess I'm just a bitter old man that doesn't like change, but this COD Deathmatch style gameplay under the guise that it's teamplay tactical with AWESOME graphics (it's a fucking blue filter + insane amounts of HDR for christ sakes).

I could give the same rant comparing TFC to TF2 ;)

Last edited:

Agreed. I've played nothing but BF3 and I am not even getting tired of it. It is an amazing game. The Aftermath maps are the best map pack yet.

Agreed. I've played nothing but BF3 and I am not even getting tired of it. It is an amazing game. The Aftermath maps are the best map pack yet.

I want your screen name! Lets trade accounts? Heh :p

Hell yeah, man, stand up for your convictions! Fuck monthly charges! I'll only pay quarterly for my games! Plus the up-front cost, of course...but yeah, fuck monthly charges!

I have had this game a month and I am now ditching it. Horrible netcode, cheaters and hackers galore, and the two most retarded and noob-rewarding mechanics in an online FPS ever - suppression and regenerating vehicle health.

More bottom-feeding game design for bottom-feeding morons.

Suppression is actually a great team tactic that rewards actual fire suppression and makes it harder for newbs to just step out into a stream of bullets and get lucky. I love it.

And if you don't like regenerating health, play hardcore. Problem solved.

Suppression is actually a great team tactic that rewards actual fire suppression and makes it harder for newbs to just step out into a stream of bullets and get lucky. I love it.

And if you don't like regenerating health, play hardcore. Problem solved.

It needs to kick in much later than it does. Basically a noob can spray at you full-auto, empty his entire 30-round magazine and eventually get the six or so shots required to kill you without repudiation, because the suppression ruins your aim and apparently does some kind of sci-fi manipulation of your gun to make it fire every which way but straight ahead. Not to mention the "good try son" points noobs get when they fire at someone and miss, but a teammate picks up the kill. Bad Company 2 rewarded good fire discipline...BF3 does not.

It should be limited to when you are actually in cover (you know, keeping you actually suppressed), not when you are out in the open trying to defend yourself against some sprayer. It's a good idea, but not implemented well...especially when you factor in how dodgy the state of teamwork in this game actually is. So far, I get put into squads who are usually entire conquest bases apart and not working together in any sense of the concept.

Dunno, I don't think the effect is all that great; if someone is firing at me I don't find that my accuracy is reduced. And I guess at the end of the day it's just an opinion; I don't think with bullets whizzing inches from your face, your performance being marginally impacted is a bad game mechanic.

Dunno, I don't think the effect is all that great; if someone is firing at me I don't find that my accuracy is reduced. And I guess at the end of the day it's just an opinion; I don't think with bullets whizzing inches from your face, your performance being marginally impacted is a bad game mechanic.

I would much, much prefer that suppression cripple the target's moving speed like in Dawn of War II. I am so sick of bunny-hoppers outrunning my bullets even after I've hit them four or five times.

I would much, much prefer that suppression cripple the target's moving speed like in Dawn of War II. I am so sick of bunny-hoppers outrunning my bullets even after I've hit them four or five times.

I wouldn't mind that either actually. Nothing pisses me off more than being gunned down by some randomly hopping idiot.

Back