Why you don't play bf3?

I get tired of hearing people whine about "how can you see through the smoke?" News Flash guys: We don't need to. Just aim in the direction we were facing prior to the smoke and fire at irregular intervals. I killed 3 people that round from that technique alone. Smoke means I can't see you, not that I can't hit you.

First off there are plenty of servers for non-premium players. If I tick "full" I get at least 25 with nice low pings with small que times. Waiting a few minutes to join a solid server is worth it , however I won't pay $50 for "elite" status in any game.

Also I got bored with BF3 because the lack of actual team play. People just constantly lone wolf and anyone that attempts to actually form a tactical strike just ends up going alone. The game is also STOCKED full of cheaters , when I was playing it there was cheating in almost every single game I played thanks to a very configurable cheat client that could offer full on aimbot or simply a target assist. Either way so many people were using this "cheat" that it made it unplayable in my mind.

EA/DICE have done things to actually detect and prevent cheating but its still an issue. Another thing that has killed BF3 is dick head admin's on power trips. This is an old complaint across many PC online games but the amount of "rule" this type servers is dumb. Metro should be removed from Conquest play .. its a boost map and its fucking not doing any favors.

And finally , I just got bored with BF3. It doesn't hold my attention like other BF games have. The game patches have also caused serious imbalances that have yet to be addressed. I will be very picky when BF4 arrives , its going to have to do some almost "Magical" things to get me to drop another $60 bones for a BF game ever again.

As a longtime BF fan who played everything but 2042, I was pumped.
Then EA/DICE just butchered it.
No mods.
No user-made maps.
No server software, rental only
Splintered community.
Hacking...oh my god. I followed a friend around who was a premium Artificial Aiming member, and he was pointing out other people in the map that were doing the same thing. In every 64 player map, we'd see 5-10 cheaters (including him).

One very simple reason - Origin exclusive.

Simple, they tried to force people to use Origin who don't want to install additional software, I will not be forced into using a piece of software I don't want installed on my PC, ergo no BF3.

I was super hyped for that game until I found out about Origin, and then I didn't bother buying it, I even got a free copy with my i7 2600k CPU and never installed.

No Origin, this is non-negotiable.

One very simple reason - Origin exclusive.

Simple, they tried to force people to use Origin who don't want to install additional software, I will not be forced into using a piece of software I don't want installed on my PC, ergo no BF3.

I was super hyped for that game until I found out about Origin, and then I didn't bother buying it, I even got a free copy with my i7 2600k CPU and never installed.

No Origin, this is non-negotiable.

I don't understand people like you. Silly reasons.

Origin sucks - but if I did the hardline and never installed - I'd have missed out on (so far) 400 hours or so of gaming.

I just found out the new Command & Conquer is going to be released via Origin, that's another title I'm ga-ga over. (grew up playing the ORIGINAL 15+ years ago)

If they would just create squad based VOIP that would make the game SO much more tactical. (of course have an easy mute option in there as well to fix the retards mic spamming)

It's a good game, it has it's faults but most of that is EA's fault.

Because it is not a Battlefield? :)

It is prettied up COD renamed to Battlefield.

Like Far Cry 2 prentended to be succsessor of Far Cry 1 and it was not :)

Because BF2 is still way better than bf3. plus a battlefield game with no sdk = fail.

Back