Whats the best game to play while your drunk? (etc)

Our LAN partys are usually alcohol fueledl we had one only last week actually. Drinking goes well with all sorts, we play both PC drinking games and card drinking games.

Call of Duty the original was a staple multiplayer drinking game for us for many LANs, drink when you kill on either deathmatch or team deathmatch, usually mixed with odd rules such as all try and defend a certain house or area, we usually go for the house with the mounted MG42 in Carentan for some odd reason that never gets boring.

The last LAN we played Split Second which is amazing when drunk, screeching around missing buildings tumbling on your head by fractions of a second is exhilerating when drunk, we were all yellin' and ballin' and when a match ended we had all 6 of us trying to talk and explain how awesome it was all at the same time, funny as hell.

SWAT 4 can be a laugh when drunk, trying to do highly coordinated things when drunk usually devolves into us slugging each other in the head or running in and botching something up and having to think on your feet in dangerous situations. We also end up using all sorts of stupid swat talk to each other like "Tango Down" and "We've got a runner, I'm in persuit"

Recently HL original Deathmatch we played drinking games with, drink when you kill. We also played a fair bit of CoDWaW deathmatch and were drinking for every kill, I was knifng the crap out of everyone, it was hilarious. We have a new rule where you have to immediately drink after your kill, so if a bunch of you burst into the same room at once the first person to kill is either stadning still while they drink or using one hand to still play while drinking, so either running off at a funny angle (chose to WASD with the spare hand) or stand your ground and aim with your spare hand, quite funny really.

Card games are always great for getting fuxxed quickly, up the river down the river, 21, ring of fire, shithead, to name a few. Some pure language games are a laugh as well, fuzzy duck is pro hard when you're drunk, so is saying "I went to the store, I bought a box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits, and a biscuit mixer" try that in a circle between multiplayer games a few times, anyone gets it wrong drinks and you all have a good laugh.

any game where people care if you fuck up, like WoW, cuz when you screw the group it's so much funnier.

It used to be BF2 a lot for me.. man that game was so much fun to play while drunk, especially on good days when I had my game on, owning people left and right, got called a hacker on more than one occasion where I just simply responded that it weren't hack, it was just my level of alcohol in my blood.
Most recently I had a lot of fun playing while drunk was Uncharted 2 MP.

vCod! Too bad noone plays it anymore. Maybe some modern warfare? Why not a drinking game?

In college we used to have a night once a week where we would drink/smoke and play the original Descent. So much fun...however, some people got easily motion sick. It was not pretty when you added liquor to the mix and they couldn't hold it. What made it more fun is the fact we were all on the same floor of our dorm and had our doors open. Lol...the sounds and the smells I cannot forget.

Fallout 3

For some reason when I drink I get this feeling of invulnerability when going up against a Super Mutant Behometh. :p

Team fortress 2! :D after a 5 Affligem Abbey Ale Tripel big bottles :D ;) fun times!

Way back in the day (like late 1980's) we'd play Arkanoid (derivative of Breakout) after work while sipping beers. Strange that your skill would improve with drinking up to a point and then take a BIG dump. Still play it occasionally on my Mame machine.

The most fun I've ever had gaming while drunk was back in the grand days of EverQuest. We actually had a drunk guild raid in Veeshan's Peak. The best part was we actually cleaned house well over an hour or so ahead of our normal schedule when sober.

The most fun I've ever had gaming while drunk was back in the grand days of EverQuest. We actually had a drunk guild raid in Veeshan's Peak. The best part was we actually cleaned house well over an hour or so ahead of our normal schedule when sober.

2nd this. I always got much higher dps numbers when a little tipsy on EQ raids.

Battleship on Live & PSN, many articles of clothing have been lost getting drunk and playing strip battleship.

Great times;)

my picks for drunk gaming?

CSS gungame or 30man cs_office
Geometry Wars 1 (works better with Kush)
Need For Speed:MW
Gears of War 2: Horde Mode (works better with Kush)
twisted.metal 2

Last edited:
A few years ago in college, two of our favorites were Mario Kart Double Dash (battle mode) or Marvel vs Capcom 2 (every must pick random characters for the best experience).

I guess now it would be Rock Band.

Last edited:
adding to the thread.....
even though my last match had more dominations, my recent had more assists

previous: http://namtaru.com/uploads/2009/tf2_needsmoardomination.jpg

medicrape.jpg

I don't see AMD T-type anywhere on either of those screenies. Perhaps you put a few more back than you thought? :p

Haven't read the entire thread, but I remember reading that people felt this was why the college/pro football games are so popular...

It's fun for drunk college kids to play...

Great...so I'm getting my ass kicked every night by drunk kids playing Madden. :(

modern warfare 2, if only because its the biggest shit talking game i have ever played. its like getting in a barfight, but when you wake up in the morning you dont have any bruises or broken bones.

i find it especially amusing when the person shit talking me is a teenager or a tween. having a prepubescent kid call you a fag and a hacker because you killed him is hilarious.

I like RPGs when I'm a bit befuddled. I usually end up selecting the choices that I wouldn't otherwise consider. Makes for fun.

Hooraykalamazah.

Pretty much any MMO when your playing with a group of friends. Although our healer always seemed to heal the mob we were attacking when he got a little to drunk. Made for great laughs over vent :D

Computer games are meant to be played high, immersion times hundred.

Russian roulette, now that's a drinking man's game.

My friend and I ran a CS 1.5 server which did nothing but 24/7 Militia, we would get drunk off our asses and sing to everyone some Tenacious D. those who did not like it and tried to talk over us got kicked, banned, or some random admin abuse...

Those were the good old days....

Star Wars: Force Unleashed first level.

Vader destroying Wookies is hilarious when drunk.

now this is a thread necro!

Burnout while drunk is pretty fun.

There's been several times where I would actually do better after drinking... somehow.

Computer games are meant to be played high, immersion times hundred.

Russian roulette, now that's a drinking man's game.

Left 4 Dead 2 + Eyefinity + bong rips = Intense.

... or so I've heard.

I don't like playing video games when I'm drunk/drinking. I once tried playing Doom64 when I was pretty loaded... I was young and all that stuff. I made it about 5 mins in before I puked everywhere :D

When I drink I'm very social. I can't sit and focus on one thing for very long if I'm having a good time. Especially video games and/or TV. It just bores me very fast

any 4 player wrestling game is pretty awesome drunk with friends. especially if you can all be women and beat each other up.

dont play bc2 drunk... Just my advice...

I did last night. Wound up in a 2 man squad arming most of the objectives on Laguna Presa. K/D of 38/20, second place (behind my squad mate). We got gold squad with only the two of us.

I'd say playing drunk helps me out a bit :)

Back