Whats the best game to play while your drunk? (etc)

It wasn't when I was drunk, but I remember playing Serious Sam:TSE when I was really sick, been laying down for most of a day, and my head was slightly spinning. It was the last level in the game too, so that made it even more of a trip. :D

i find playing halo 2 drunk pretty fun. talking smack to the guy next to you :p

bf2 is hilarious with friends drunk... all you end up doing is try and run people over, fly into tanks with the fat ass helicopter, blow each other up with C4, and rocket each others jeeps......and it gets funnier every time.

atleast that's what we do :p

Dralo (Drunk Halo) is my favorite by far because of how easy it is to talk smack to anyone and everyone and when you kill someone its just that much better.

I'm doing a research paper. I'm not going to use any direct quotes or names, so don't be afraid to tell your story.

The most memorable experience I've ever had not-sober (high) was playing System Shock 2. Mind you, many people across the world have reported this game driving them to complete paranoia when they were completely sober. I played this in a dark room while completely stoked and I was absolutely totally terrified. I remember moments when I was in a cold sweat screaming in terror and begging to just be left alone. Absolute....total....terror. After the one night session, I never played it again, nor have been able since. I'm man enough to admit my 6'3" 240lb ass looked like the girl from the Blair Witch Project. Activist groups should band together to prevent developers from using this kind of environmental/situation fear being used in video games. I had handed the CD over to a few friends at the time, and when I brought the game up a few weeks later, they didn't even want to speak of it. The terror. The terror.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308956/

Wait, people play video games sober?

I never thought of that, I'll have to try it sometime :)

never found gaming while intoxicated with any type of substance to be fun. Maybe a couple of beers alright, but I don't think you folks have ever been drunk... motor control is lost when drunk so operating a keyboard/gamepad wouldn't be an easy task. drunk as in a dozen beers and half a dozen vodka shots. Don't know what you guys call drunk though.

DOD Source, especially at a server called "Stand Still I'm Drinking" (SSID Clan)

IP: 64.34.199.11:27015

Good times, Everyone's blitzed usually. Server usually fills up around 8pm -11pm, later on weekends. Come on by and stay a while...

DOD Source, especially at a server called "Stand Still I'm Drinking" (SSID Clan)

IP: 64.34.199.11:27015

Good times, Everyone's blitzed usually. Server usually fills up around 8pm -11pm, later on weekends. Come on by and stay a while...

Yeah, I agree for that as well, DOD is great not-sober.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
Plato

www.WTFCity.com for the drunkards!

I never listen to music, talk radio on the way to work, talk radio on the way back.

makes me wonder why I have a 1400watt system in my car now also.

Come on people... this is weak.... the best games you have while playing drunk is CS.S or WoW?

:(

First of all.... I'm not the type of person that drinks alone. So me playing CS 1.6 has got to include something else than alcohol ;)

Now... I've learned a lot of things while at college, one of them is the topic of Drinking Games.

Drinking Games does not mean "just a game you play while you drink". It is a game that you play to get drunk. Kings, Ride the School Bus, Asshole, etc.

So I have found some games to work better as "Drinking Games" than others. So far Duck Hunt has come out #1. You can always count on a classic to get the job done.

Duck Hunt becomes a very very easy drinking game. Best when played with beer, otherwise one might die.

If you never played Duck Hunt, then you are probably not old enough to be drinking. ;)

Its best to just pass the gun after each round. The person shooting the gun is the person at bat. How ever many ducks missed being shot is how many drinks one has to take at the end of the round.

Now the game can start off kinda slow, and if you’re playing with people that have played this before, they may not be drinking to much beer. So we've invented more rules :)

If the player does not miss any birds on their round they have 2 options. To pass the gun and not drink any beer, or go double up. If they choose to go double up they keep the gun for another round. Each bird missed is double the drinks. If they pull a perfect on the 2nd round, then that player can choose to give away 7 drinks. (just like drinking rules for other games, a drink is a sip or chug of beer/drink, drinks can be given to 1 person or split between more than 1) (we choose 7 because we like that #) OR CAN TRIPLE UP.

Now if you don't know, as the game progresses... so does the birds flight speed. I've seen a lot of people thinking they are "hot shit" ending up having to drink triple on more than half the birds on the bar (thats a few beers, and they usually quit lol)

I have other games that work well, just don't have the time to type them out.

:p

Seriously... it works people... the girls dig it, and you don't end up looking like a Wii nerd ;)

OverLord was the best drinking game yet, I think it was largely developed around drunk programmers. That said the game is average when you're sober.

I never had much trouble playing video games while drunk. It's the physical games that are fun.

That said, try darts or twister (preferably with chicks). We played monopoly once while drinking, as the game went on, the rules didn't matter that much anymore. IIRC the game did end with the board being flung across the room though.

Well as I found out this last weekend we have some new fun games to play while camping.....

Best one! Polish HorseShoes

Items needed:
1 frisbee
2 8ft sections of 3/4 inch pvc conduit piping
2 Large, heavy glass alcohol bottles (jack daniels works best)
1 roll duct tape (to wrap the bottles)
1 mallet or hammer
Copious amounts of beer

-Hammer the 2 8ft sections of pipe into the ground approximately 20ft apart.
-Wrap bottles with the duct tape so to keep them from completely shattering should they break.
-Place bottles on top of each pole making sure to balance them.
-Place one team at each pole

Rules: Each team gets a throw of the frisbee at the bottle. The frisbee MUST BE CAUGHT in the air unless it is a wild throw.

Object: To knock the bottle off the pole and have it land on the ground. This can be done by either hitting the pole or hitting the bottle directly.

Scoring: Game is played to 21. A missed throw by the receiving team (a dropped catch) is considered 1pt for the throwing team and 1 drink for each member of the catching team. If the bottle is knocked off the pole and hits the ground AND the frisbee is not caught that is 3pts for the throwing team and 3 drinks each for the catching team. Now if the bottle is caught but the frisbee is dropped that is 1pt for throwing, 1 drink for catching. If the bottle is dropped but the frisbee is caught that is 2pts for throwing, 2 drinks for catching. Basically, if you are going to drop anything you want it to be the frisbee. Game goes kinda slow for the first game or so but after that gets very interesting with people smacking the frisbee into the pole and knocking the bottle off.

We started out with a nice little buzz going and played about 3 games. We were F(*#@ed UP by the end of the last game with my team winning because my buddy on the other side took one off the chest and smacked the pole with his hand.:D

World of Warcraft..

But only if you are in a guild with ventrilo.. and you were raiding back before the expansion days.

TRACK MANIA, by far the best PC game to take turns playin drunk (there is a free version)
p.s. Fusion Frenzy for Xbox is a close second.

TRACK MANIA, by far the best PC game to take turns playin drunk (there is a free version)
p.s. Fusion Frenzy for Xbox is a close second.

I tried that game sober, and I couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on for the life of me.

Anything with voice chat, so you can harass people.

skateboarding competition is great.. especially when you are the only one that knows how to skateboard :-D

Flip cup is fun, but not for those who get drunk fast.

What not to play whilst drunk/drinking: Duke nukem, I made that mistake the hard way.. its hilarious but then you realize you'll get sick fast haha.

Anything with voice chat, so you can harass people.

skateboarding competition is great.. especially when you are the only one that knows how to skateboard :-D

Flip cup is fun, but not for those who get drunk fast.

What not to play whilst drunk/drinking: Duke nukem, I made that mistake the hard way.. its hilarious but then you realize you'll get sick fast haha.

hahaha, best way to clear out all the pre-pubescent children from an xbox live session..? Start yelling ridiculous curse words, and they're mom will pull the plug. Works every time.

Sober...can't play worth shit. :( Fuzion Frenzy's pretty tight, but the best time I ever had was with a game called Colony Wars for the original Playstation. I remember thinking, if I don't win, the whole planet dies. That and my buddy's missing arm would come back. :D Still, I find Halo PC and UT2K4 Instagib favorites if I've been tippin' back a few.

Bicardi rum and Coke...
Bicardi limon, White Russians, Guiness, or Pacifico w/ lots of lime

The most memorable experience I've ever had not-sober (high) was playing System Shock 2. Mind you, many people across the world have reported this game driving them to complete paranoia when they were completely sober.
I have yet to play this game. Anyone play this recently for the first time? Knowing that it's 10 yrs or so old, it should look bad...and maybe even similar to stuff I've played recently. Maybe some game I did play took SS's thunder and I won't like it?

To all of the "any driving game" folks...have you attempted GTR2 or even Forza on full sim? It's just not possible. Not even w/ one headlight open. :D Now Gran Turismo 2 or dare I say it...

Wipeout XL w/ the Negron controller!!!

I have yet to play this game. Anyone play this recently for the first time? Knowing that it's 10 yrs or so old, it should look bad...and maybe even similar to stuff I've played recently. Maybe some game I did play took SS's thunder and I won't like it?
SS is fucking awesome, even for an old game. Theres a "high res" image pack mod for it so things don't look like too bad. And yeah, I've played it drunk and it's one of the few games that has scared the hell out of me.

Gaming while drunk:
Starcraft (totally fucking awesome drunk)
Halo (for the reasons many have already posted)
Several Gamecude/N64/SNES/NES games (Any Mario title works drunk, Mega Man series, Duck Hunt, etc)
Doom
GTA is fun too
But the best is Guitar Hero. Shit, I broke a desk in a drunk/GH related incident. :D

If I'm with my GF we tend to just watch movies or just hang out listening to music but she has this habit of getting me to drink more so that she can take advantage of me when I get extremely tipsy. :D :D

just to change things up a bit, I played FEAR drunk... first time through sober it was okay, not really scary. About a month later I decided to fire it up after a few beers, alone in my girlfriends apartment(she was asleep in the other room) in complete darkness. I ended with 10 beer bottles beside the computer and completely freaked out.

EDIT: LOL sorry I just heard on CNN, astronauts were drunk on the launchpad and in the shuttle. THAT would be fun! Don't drink and orbit!

fusion frenzy- sumo game. its the mini game where you roll around in little cages and try to push each other off. After a few too many shots I got so caught up in the match that I literally tipped my chair over just as my friend pushed me off the platform. Man that waas fun.

Carrier landings w/ flight simulator smoking one of those huge Jamaican fattys, eating peyote buttons, and chugging Congac XO! Wait, it was either a flight simulator game or when on a Navy carrier in the 70s? mmm... Also, playing golf games when trashed is fun.

Back