What's in your Doom III box?

AMD Athlon 64 FX51 at 2500mhz
Asus SK8N
ATI Radeon 9800pro (overclocked to something...)
1 gig Kingston HyperX
Dual WD 80GB Special Editions in Raid 0
Hitachi 20-inch CRT
Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
C4 Mousing Surface

Thinking of adding a second gig of ram for Doom3...

rig in sig displayed on a p220fb

I am interested in moving up to an x800, or possibly back to nvidia, just don't have the cash.

ps. You really have to love the single people giving relationship advice, "Well if I had a girlfriend..."

now that I got my 6800 installed, I'm pretty sure I'll be good to go. It may not be the GT or Ultra, but it seems to blow away my 9800pro. We'll see what happens.

PIV 3GHz OC'ed ~ 3.2GHz (yes it goes higher)
Epox - 4PCA3+ Motherboard (only issues was hardware raid was lacking, currently doing software raid in windows)
Geforce 5200 PCI card (To sell or keep my BFG 6800GT, I keep debating as I am an EQ addict and do not need the framerates)
1GB DDR500 - Kingston HyperX
4-80GB Drives in Raid 0 for software/gaming, 1-160GB for OS
-
Sadly I continue to play EQ with its poor outdated graphics, and have yet to experience FarCry; therefore, I'm unsure if I will try Doom 3.

Whats in my sig \/ plus a Vapochill LS, volt mods for mobo, psu and my X800XT-PE whenever it arrives :rolleyes: (Getting a slk-800 w/80mm tornado on the x800 and all fans in my pc-65 replaced with tornados :D ) I think I'll be ready ;)

I'm running it on the desktop in my sig. Need to reformat the hard drive though, as it has been plagued with nasty spyware and ad programs, causing tons of problems

My sig lists what I have now, but I really want to get a Klipsch 5.1 surround upgrade (even though I have 4.1 now), and a 6800GT. Now I just need to convince work to let me put in more overtime. :eek:

AMD 64 3800+ @ 3ghz
Watercooled
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200LL (2 x 512)
Asus AV8 Deluxe
ATI X800XT
3x WD Raptor 74GB
DVDRW 8X
Truepower 550

I hope thats good enough.

I ordered the BFG 6800 GT OC instead of waiting for the Ultra from MSI. Ended up saving $150 or more I guess... got impatient.

Check my sig. I'm going to try Doom 3 and see how well my 9800 XT cuts the mustard. If necessary, I'll sell it and upgrade to a 6800 GT. Since my LCD's native resoultion is 1024x768 that is what I am shooting for with all graphics options on the highest setting.

I am officially ready for Doom III. My 6800 GT is running above ultra speeds and my P4 is running close to 4ghz. Bring it on!

It's funny. I just today ordered new upgrades! Then this thread pops up!

P4 3.2
2x 512MB Kingston HyperX
P4P800-E-DLX
Radeon X800
New P4 Water cooling block

Up from
Athlon XP 1900+
2x 256MB Kingston HyperX
A7N8X
Radeon 9700 AIW

... and the rest will remain the same
CoolerMaster Wave Master case Antec 420Watt P/S
Watercooling - Swiftech Pump, Custom made resovoir, Heater core radaitor (from an '85 Fiero!), and my insurance policy - Fluid XP
2 x 80GB Seagate SATA Striped RAID
Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 (Killer sound.... )
On board sound - This is going to have to change
All displayed on my IBM P260 :cool:
I'll be sitting pretty when I get my hands on DoomIII

Jiffylush said:
rig in sig displayed on a p220fb

I am interested in moving up to an x800, or possibly back to nvidia, just don't have the cash.

ps. You really have to love the single people giving relationship advice, "Well if I had a girlfriend..."

Very true.. but I've had my long term relationships... :rolleyes: Girlfriends of mine will ask me "how come you dont have a girlfriend ?' ... my reply ?

"Because I'm smarter then everyone else." 90% of relationships end up in a break up.. whether it be 6 months in or 60 years in. Think of all the wasted cash/time you spent pleasing someone else, when in the end... it meant nothing.

If I can't look at my girlfriend and picture us 80 years old on a rocking chair laughing it up about how great our lives have been together, BZZZZZ waste. Until then ...

Make money, get chicks, be happy.

Like the great Mathew Wilder said "No buddy gunna breaka my stride, no buddy gunna slow me down .... oh no!"

Cyclone187 said:
486 processor
4mb ram
512kb videocard
50mb hd
1.44" floppy

I think it'll run Doom 3 just fine.

You might want to upgrade your ram a bit though...and maybe a CD-Rom.
;)

Just got me a BFG 6800GT OC for Doom 3 today. The rest is in the sig + a 36.7gb Raptor.

Here's what I'm going to have by November or Christmas (depends on the 512mb video cards)

Intel 3.0C overclocked to 4GHZ (have)
Asus p4c800-e deluxe vdimm and droop modded (have)
1GB Corsair pc3200 memory running 2-2-2-5 5/4 divider (in tha mail, getting 4 free)
74GB WD Raptor (in tha mail)
Best 512mb Video Card out there (saving for)
Coolermaster ATC 101-B Case (Have)
Watercooling of Dangerden RBX, Video card loop, Dtek Procore, Eheim 1250, etc.. (have)
Custom Built Pc Power and Cooling Turbocool 510 Deluxe PSU with External Pots (have)

So all I basically have to nail down is the video card, and the holidays should take care of what money I still need for it.

Three words.

Bring...It...On.

I'm hoping to get a X800XT within the next month or two. I think I'll be ok without for a little while.
P4 3.0C @ 3.675, Abit IS7, 512mb Dual Channel Geil PC4200, ATi Radeon 9800XT(480/425), (2)-WD 40GB HD @ Raid0, Int. Sound w/ Logitech Sur. Sound speakers, 16X DVD, 52X CD/RW, 4X DVD RW

P4 2.8C @ 3.5ghz
ASUS 875 P4C800-D
1GB Kingmax DDR500
160GB WD 8mb, 200GB WD SATA 8mb
Radeon 9800 Pro
Audigy 2
Creative Megaworks 5.1 Speakers (500 rms watts of home theater quality sound)
Fanbus, Zalman CPU fan and fanless video card kit to keep the noise down on the creepy parts.

It worked great on Far Cry... can't wait to see if Doom3 brings it to its knees. I'm secretly hoping that it gives me an excuse to upgrade the video card again.

My current system:

Shuttle Sn45G w200W PSU (YES, ITS ENUFF!)
2200XP
6800GT
512Mb pc2700

Thinking of upgrading to 3200XP, 1Gb pc3200 and new PSU but that run me up to $370. :eek: Meh, might as well and max out my Shuttle.

theNoid said:
Very true.. but I've had my long term relationships... :rolleyes: Girlfriends of mine will ask me "how come you dont have a girlfriend ?' ... my reply ?

"Because I'm smarter then everyone else." 90% of relationships end up in a break up.. whether it be 6 months in or 60 years in. Think of all the wasted cash/time you spent pleasing someone else, when in the end... it meant nothing.

If I can't look at my girlfriend and picture us 80 years old on a rocking chair laughing it up about how great our lives have been together, BZZZZZ waste. Until then ...

Make money, get chicks, be happy.

Like the great Mathew Wilder said "No buddy gunna breaka my stride, no buddy gunna slow me down .... oh no!"

You words ring true in your youth but careful what you wish for since they will ring like tragedy on an old man's soul as he looks wistfully out his window drowning in lonelyness as he watches his neighbors grandchildren give the man love and admiration. The very same love a lonely old man longs for. In the end its realy all that matters.

see sig

adding another gig of RAM once my friend pays me for the other laptop he bought from me.

this rig played the leaked alpha/beta nicely, so i'd hope that the final performs the same or better.

My sig says it all....all I am adding is some more hard drive space.

I think D3 (and HL2 by way of proxy) will run absolutely great on current high end hardware. Meaning an AMD cpu of about 2ghz or P4 at 2.4ghz or so, 512mb ram or more, and anything from a 9700 pro or FX5900 or better...

Quake Con here I come... :D

jacuzz1 said:
You words ring true in your youth but careful what you wish for since they will ring like tragedy on an old man's soul as he looks wistfully out his window drowning in lonelyness as he watches his neighbors grandchildren give the man love and admiration. The very same love a lonely old man longs for. In the end its realy all that matters.

well said..sniff. :)

ps: i agree.

Im sure Rig 1 can handle some serious D3 madness. Hoping to upgrade to X800XT or GF6800GT OC before release date (FINGERS CROSSED....lol) if works stays like it is.

looking forward to this rig

CPU: Athlon FX57
Motherboard: nForce4
Video Cards: 2 NV48 in SLI
RAM: 2 Corsair 1GB DDR400XL sticks
Storage: 4 74GB Raptors RAID 0
Sound Card: Creative PCI-Express sound card

Monitor: NEC/Mitsubishi Diamondtron UWG RDF225WG
Speakers: Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1
Keyboard: Logitech Elite Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX510

Damn Signal.....What you do for a living......That would be nice....but you still aways off before SLi makes it to the market on a larger and much cheaper scale. Nice Dream rig though!!!!!!

Back