What printers do you all use?

Discussion in '3D Printers & Projects' started by MrE, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MrE

MrE 2[H]4U

Figured I'd see what the overall list of 3D peeps like to use for printing. I'll start:

Lulzbot TAZ 6 (This thing is my workhorse)
    Robo3D R1+ (Good for detail/cosplay pieces)

I have on the way a Prusa MK3 which should be here by end of month. What printers do you guys have?

2. Willsonman

Willsonman [H]ard|Gawd

I have an Anet A8 (Prusa i3 clone). Lots of printed parts to make it better as well as an E3D V6 hot end. Considering I've invested less than $300 into it, I'm pretty happy.

I should also note I ditched the stock controller board for a RAMPS board using Marlin firmware.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  3. Paladin21

Paladin21 Limp Gawd

I have a Prusa Mk2S (with the 2.5 upgrade on order), a couple of Monoprice Maker Select+, a Monoprice Select Mini, and a kit machine from Kickstarter called a Reach 3d. Prusa is the workhorse, by far, the Monoprice units are all okayish, and the Reach is a labor of love. It's actually pulled apart right now to upgrade the extruder and hot end (which I swear I will get to eventually, it's been down for months).

Oh, and I have all the parts to a complete POS Kickstarter delta-style printer from several years ago called the BI 2.0. I keep thinking I'll buy some stuff off of openbuilds and just make a new delta out of the usable bits, but never have.

4. rudedog

rudedog Gawd

Hictop branded CR-10 with minor mods (dual X, filament holder and bed leveling knobs)
    Makerbot replicator 5th Gen

Only use Hictop filament on the CR-10 and Makerbot filament on the Makerbot.

5. Supercharged_Z06

Supercharged_Z06 [H]ard|Gawd

You’ll love the Prusa - they’ve done a really great job of evolving it as to features and performance across the board. It’ll compete with your Lulzbot as to your workhorse title.

6. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

Flashforge Creator Pro. It has performed admirably and basically paid for itself.