what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

Age of Empires II - Just the graphics and new maps.

This is exactly what I want!

Leave the mechanics the same, don't try and make any "improvements" like you did with AOE III. Just touch up the graphics, add new maps and civilizations, and I'll pay full price.

Please Microsoft and Ensemble.

LOL sorry, most of those games are C-64 or Commodore Amiga games, Mule and Supercars being my favorites. Learn about Mule here http://www.worldofmule.net/tiki-index.php Check out Supercars 1 and 2 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWzlO7HkF3w

Woo, a bit before my time. My first games were on the Apple II but since I didn't actually own a computer until 1992 or so, my exposure was very limited. However, there are still some games from that era that I remember fondly.

I'd like to see new versions of Wizball and Ikari Warriors from the Commodore 64...or at least have them re-released so they can be played without having to muck around with emulators.

Not that I'd like to see it remade, but I used to love Lakers vs. Celtics basketball game when I got my 486 SX 33. My friend and I used to play that for hours with each of us using the same keyboard. I thought was really doing something back then when I was playing that game.

Xenogears
Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 (isometric turn based with expanded worlds and updated graphics)
Marathon series
Dungeon Keeper
Final Fantasy VII
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage series

In that order. Also, it'd be awesome if they remade the Marathon series on decent FPS engines with good textures instead of Bungie's current crop of bland looking Halo games.

edit: added FO1 and 2

Last edited:
Thought of another few

Jazz Jackrabbit
Commander Keen
Jill of the Jungle

Aye twisted metal 2 was the only good one imo the rest had screwy physics and car controls imo.

yeah, the level design in 2 was great too.... black sucked lol don't know if I ever played the original

Jeez I only got to the second page and already saw like 10 obscure games that I thought only I enjoyed. Aerobiz, Master of Magic, Betrayal at Krondor, Destiny of an Emperor, the list goes on. I would like a Shadowrun game...a real one.

x wing vs tie fighter
and
phantasy star II - the rest just sucked
ecstatica

Last edited:
Just to let you know i kick major ass at robotron, I have a Arcade machine with MAME running on it in my basement and my brothers and i have viscious ROBOTRON matches.

Not technically "old-school" (as it was released on PS2 and Xbox) but I wouldn't mind another Black game. I liked how explosives actually felt explosive and the combat was pretty fun.

Not technically "old-school" (as it was released on PS2 and Xbox) but I wouldn't mind another Black game. I liked how explosives actually felt explosive and the combat was pretty fun.

I think someone else said Black already, but yeah that game kicked ass. The game had a great feel, and the weapons were some of the most satisfying to use in any game to date. Infinity Ward should have looked to this game to see how weapons should really sound.

It's a damn shame the game never came out for PC.

magic carpet

To this day nothing has made me feel like a god like magic carpet, flying through the air, reshaping the very earth to my whim, sending tendrils of my power in the form of craters, volcanoes and deep cuts into the earth snaking for miles.

All that while blasting mine enemies to dust and building up my fortress. It was fun. Wish I could have played multi player, it was old tech.

Be great if the old bullfrog title was remade. EA owns the licence now, so it never will.

Age of Mythologies.

I liked age of empires

I LOVED age of mythologies, the devs were less constrained by reality when building an rts, and it was the most fun I have had playing the raw rts portion of the game online.

warcraft III was a disaster for multiplayer fun. custom maps were king there

starcraft was fun multiplayer, but I think for me age of mythology ties it or bests it.

Nexus the Jupiter Incident, one of the greatest games no one ever played.

Homeworld, I love my space combat sims

star trek bridge commander

magic carpet

Homeworld, I love my space combat sims

star trek bridge commander

Most definably (and add Klingon Academy in with bridge commander)

Panzer General - any faithful hex, turn based war-game.
Sim City. I loved 4, I'd really like them to make a true successor to that.
Starfleet Command I/II (the fact that they took the fleet mechanics out of III was huge disappointment for me).

I would have also said a classic 2d platformer like super mario brothers, but Nintendo just did that masterfully.

Was searching other forums a few days ago and found Planet M.U.L.E. which seems to have an upgraded version of the game available for download. (Haven't got a chance to download due to real life stuff and work, but may be worth it to check out)
And another game i'd like to see redone, (Actually an MMO) is everquest 1 with totally modern graphics and upgraded gameplay. Going back and seeing those dated graphics makes me cry...)
Fighting Steel is another game i'd also like to see a remake on.

Jagged Alliance 2. I wish someone could make a good Jagged Alliance 3. A couple of companies have tried but they keep going belly up.

SHOGO /thread
or Wing Commander in the style of the new CnC games

I actually thought of a sequel that I really enjoyed that came out a few years ago. Sid Meier's Pirates! The most recent version did the old black and white some justice and is a ton of fun still.

Can't believe it has taken me this long to remember, but the Strike games from EA back in the day. Jungle Strike and Urban Strike were fantastic and challenging games. Would love to fly around in a next-gen Mohican blowing away infantry and vehicles while picking up fuel and ammo .

Back