what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

indokyne

2[H]4U
Considering how hard it is to find original content in movies, tv shows, and games, it seems relying on remakes is something we have to get used to.

So if the game developers are listening and asked you - what games would you like to see come back as a sequel or remake, what would you choose?

Me - Descent and Contra lol
Descent with its 3D axis flying = win.

I'm trying to imagine a FPS version of the ol' NES Contra game too
That game was my first introduction to co-op missions.
I'd love to see FPShooter versions of the Spread gun, Fireball or w/e it was called etc

how bout you guys?

Toe Jam and Earl 2d

River City Randsom again in 2d

Castlevaina .......AGAIN in 2D

A not-so-popular NES game called Destiny of an Emperor. One of my favorite RPG games, and i'd say one of the best at its time. Wish capcom still made RPG's like that.

Realms of the Haunting
Jagged Alliance
PROPER remake of X-COM
SINGLE-PLAYER Ultima game, to hell with that MMO shit

Tie Fighter
Privateer
Wing Commander
Gunship
F-14 Fleet Defender
Dungeon Master
River Raid :)
A proper version of Sim City

Dungeon Keeper series
Theme Hospital (A DECENT remake!)
Daggerfall (But made to new grapics/ect) (Oblivion is good, but DF was better)
Great Naval Battle Series (I REALLY wish these would be remade)
Midwinter (Old, old game but was fun)
M.U.L.E.
And as posted before, Gunship, XCom would be great remakes.

Dungeon Keeper
Syndicate
Ultima (although I think that the original years of UO were exceptional)
Battletoads (or the addition of battle toads to Smash Bros? Look at them, they're perfect for Smash Bros!)
Vagrant Story
Sacrifice
Flashback (Fade to black didn't cut it)/Out of this World (Another World for foreigners)
Chrono Trigger (Cross was great, now we need the next) (Also, Radical Dreamers was entertaining and had a nice score)
Legacy of Kain//Blood Omen (We need moar!! Come back Amy Hennig D: )
Mechwarrior (Mechwarrior 5 had better actually release)
Netstorm

I'll probably come back and edit this many times..

Last edited:
Descent and master of magic are my two. I fear we will never see a descent remake though, it's just too damn complicated for the kids today. Try to explain trichording and why it was so great all you get is a 'durrr huh?' nowadays.

so aside from the titles of games - describe how you'd like to see the old school gameplay translated into modern-day playability...
aside from better graphics - what else?

Descent and master of magic are my two. I fear we will never see a descent remake though, it's just too damn complicated for the kids today. Try to explain trichording and why it was so great all you get is a 'durrr huh?' nowadays.

lmao

i'd give my left nut for an updated version of Morrowwind with a completely new graphics engine

FreeLancer !! I wont believe Microsoft cares about PC gaming until it revives this gem :p

also

AeroBiz Supersonic... genesis, snes airline sim game.

effing awsome anyone who played knows what I talken about :D

zombies ate my neighbors

shining force 2 ( 1 sucked donkey dick)

Freelancer (mods are really nice and have added a lot but Freelancer 2 would be sweet)
Privateer
Wing Commander
Tie Fighter
X-Com

Omg krondor was great. I tried playing through that again recently but kept getting motion sick. The riddle chests, barding at different places, consistent advancement made that game a true gem of it's era. It's available for free legally now, but I just can't play through it. An updated version would be a real treat.

Toe Jam and Earl 2d

River City Randsom again in 2d

Castlevaina .......AGAIN in 2D

River City Ransom was remade for the gameboy advance and named River City Ransom EX, with new moves, customizable characters, and even a 4 way battle royale at the end if you bring 3 extra friends :D.

anyone remember Warlords? I mean like when Pentium 1 at 100MHz was cutting edge Warlords...

turn based strategy game. Griffins, castles etc.

Exodus: Ultima III
M.U.L.E.
The Bard's Tale (a real remake, not the x-box knock off)
System Shock
Might & Magic I

Its not so 'old school' but I'd love to see a sequel for the Xbox game Breakdown. That game was so awesome.

With all of these I am talking 3D gfx up to Today's standards even if the original wasn't 3D.

No One Lives Forever 2
Solar Winds 2
Into the Eagle's Nest
Lore & Legends or Legends & Lore or something like that, was a Might and Magic-ish clone just better

I'd like to second some good ideas from others first: Tie Fighter, Quake II, Descent and/or Freespace.

Some of my own: Pahtways into Darkness, Zork, Aces of the Pacific + Aces Over Europe

Simcity 5 (none of this Simcity Societies horse shit counts as a sequel).
And we're long overdue for a Simcopter 2. With the power of today's computers, such a game could have a potential to be an epic release.

Just a few remakes I would like.

Duke Nukem 3d
ShadowWarrior
System Shock 1/2
Mech Warrior 2 the SP campaigns
Quake 2
All of them redone on Cryengine 2, with art direction handled by Victor Antonov. No need to change the game play at all for any of them. Just a tech upgrade is all I am looking for.

Dungeon Keeper (you can thank EA for absorbing Bullfrog and then never making another DK game for this one)

Master of Magic

Elemental is coming out from Stardock - they tried to get the rights to the Master of Magic name but wouldn't pay the high price requested - so Elemental is like a spiritual sequel.

More than anything... System Shock 1/2 (not that Bioshock crap. -_- )

I'd also like to see proper sequels for these others...
NOLF2
Duke Nukem 3D
X-Com
X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter
Deus Ex
Jedi Knight series
Max Payne

I'd love to see Deus Ex remade with today's latest/greatest software technologies. Don't fuck with the story, just give the game the best graphics available. Kinda like what Black Mesa is supposed to do for the original Half-Life.

Back