what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

A not-so-popular NES game called Destiny of an Emperor. One of my favorite RPG games, and i'd say one of the best at its time. Wish capcom still made RPG's like that.

Fantastic game!

Personally, I'd be happy with a Golden Eye update. New engine, textures....the works.

A sequel to Shadow Run (SNES version). I haven't played the Genesis version though, although I have the ROM and have been meaning to dig into it.

Last edited:
how about chrono trigger, oh wait someone was doin that and square kicked it in the balls

like who cares, you already ruined the franchise with that crappy sequal

Hell yes, I would love to see a new one. I don't think they could pull it off though. The populace is too PC these days, the good old days of vehicular manslaughter are over I'm afraid :(

i hear ya...

too many mommy/govt protection groups out there to let it ever come to fruition because violent video games are bad. :rolleyes:

Something worthy enough to be called an actual sequel to Deus Ex, not some consolized mess that DX2 was ...

Just a few games off the top of my head:
Escape Velocity
Freelancer
Klingon Academy
Earth Siege 2
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Any of the Jane's Combat games (ATF, AH-64, USNF '97, 688(i), etc)

wow I can't believe someone remembers Monster Truck Madness

now someone will come along and describe Battle Chess in vivid detail any moment now . . . .

Yup. Still have Battle Chess. ;)

I miss battle chess :( before that game, I didn't know how (nor cared to know how) to play chess... Now I play it fairly often. Battle chess was outstanding

Mage Slayer
Die By The Sword
Forsaken (like Descent only a bit grittier)
Star Control

I want a sequel to Rush back on the 'ol N64. Greatest racing game ever. PC Version of course :D

Decent sequel to Turok.

Sequel to Sacrifice

Stronghold Crusader's - Just the graphics and new maps.

Age of Empires II - Just the graphics and new maps.

The original arcade unit of rush is still the best arcade racer ever made... That game was a lot of fun. Wasted a lot of quarters on it when I was a kid :D

Yep exactly :D

I liked Rush: USA a little better though. Better jumps and more fun maps.

This is making me want to go setup up my N64 and rock out to the oldies but goodies again :D ...It was replaced by the Wii. N64 is way better :p

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but i wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Interstate 76' out with todays technology. (Well, at least a sequel)
Any good tank simulators would be welcome also.
Fighting Steel remake or sequel would be good too.
Wouldn't mind an old school UO (Original game) remake but with modern graphics. (Haven't played it lately so not too sure how modernized it is nowadays)
Wish they would have come out with the new Harpoon also, but heard it was shelved a few years ago unfortunately.

Magic Carpet
Descent
Relentless

I wish EA/Origin would make another fresh Ultima Online :(

I'd like to see a new 2D Mortal Kombat. Like the old ones.

oh hell yeah :)

I don't think they'll ever be able to pull it off again though :( MK3 looked out of place (IMO) due to the CGI backgrounds and such... it made it lose a lot of it's charm... and the 3D crap they've been making is "blah" at best.

It would be nice if they followed the MK1/MK2 design/theme, but with high resolution sprites and more complex animations.

I'd love to see the original Gabriel Knight re-made, hands down my favorite click and point adventure game.

Not sure if these games are old school enough, but like Fail was saying, I'd give my left nut for Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines 2. That would be the day.

Also, Knights of the Old Republic 3. (btw, the star wars mmo coming out is NOT Kotor3).

I normally don't like racing games, but Road Rash 2 could be pretty fun.

SimCity, no doubt. SimCity 4 was an amazing game, and still has a quite thriving community to this day. I want to see a proper sequel, not whatever SimCity Societies was.

Another vote for X-Wing, TIE Fighter or X-wing vs. TIE Fighter.

Another Jedi Knight game complete with g_saberRealisticCombat 1. :D

Back