what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

Can't believe it has taken me this long to remember, but the Strike games from EA back in the day. Jungle Strike and Urban Strike were fantastic and challenging games. Would love to fly around in a next-gen Mohican blowing away infantry and vehicles while picking up fuel and ammo .

oh hell yeah... those games were amazing. They did one for the PS1 but it was terrible

Someone mentioned nba jam...I just got an email that it was returning from EA?

It's coming out for PS3.

Jan 1, 2010 snippet: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/01/01/thexder-neo-getting-more-thexder-on-ps3/

In 2009, it was reported that Square Enix sent an application to the ESRB to receive a rating for a game titled "Thexder Neo".[4] Later that year, the game's existence was confirmed by Square Enix through an announcement at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show.[5] Thexder Neo is a complete rework of the original PC game from 1985.[6] It was released worldwide on the PlayStation Network on October 1, 2009 as a download for the PlayStation Portable and it will be released on 2010 for the PlayStation 3.[1]

I thought the franchise peaked at NFS: Porsche Unleased. I'd love to see a modern redress of that game.

well...

i cant wait for another elder scrolls installment...

ALSO, a mortal kombat that takes it back to a 2d plane. . . Make the graphics the hand drawn type of comic book look, extremely gorry, and alot of MORTAL KOMBAT (not DC or any other of that gimmicy bullshit) . .. It could look extremely good, stay 100% simple, and everyone would love it. . . When my friends are over they still play the first 3 mortal kombats because they are so much fun. . and none of this 3d plane fighitng. . .

age of empires. . . back to the first 2 style games... I can't figure out why people like to play these modern rts games. . . age of empires 3 was fun, sure, but age of kings absolutely dominated it. . . I'd love to play an online, better graphics, better balanced system of age of kings (medieval era). . . instead if i remember right their plans were to go modern/future. . which isn't any fun. . something about giant armies lining up face to face and sprinting at eachother just gets me. . . armies hiding and shooting bullets from afar doesn't. . . one of my favorite online gaming experiences to date was getting into empire earth: art of the conquest online. . . everybody would play only medieval ages matches. . the balance system was exceptional, and it was absolutely intense trying to get a 3 minute rush off, while still planning for the rest of the game. . I was only like 13. . but I went to bed thinking of ways I could mine more gold to perfect my rush and then balance it off for high resource input further along the game. . . every rts i've tried since i've gone to bed thinking of how many ways they could have made the game better, but didn't

Oh man river city ransom was the king of kings for co op beat em up. RPG like elements and beating people with dumpsters (including your co op player by accident sometimes). I think they did remake it for Nintendo DS if I am not mistaken.

That series is probably gone forever.

Like all good things.. well you are probably right. Would be awesome with a new round of System Shock though. If they need to constantly rehash old ideas, why not go with some great ones!

I wish some of the great production companies would turn to this thread for inspiration. I would definitely buy a lot of these suggested games, provided they were well made of course.

The Need for Speed.

Need for Speed II doesn't count.

Oh, come on...

Sequel for NFS 2 would have to come with more then twice the cheat codes!

Now we get to fight over who drives the cardboard box again!

I would love it if they remade resident evil 2 like they did with the first one... that would be great!!

well...

i cant wait for another elder scrolls installment...

ALSO, a mortal kombat that takes it back to a 2d plane. . . Make the graphics the hand drawn type of comic book look, extremely gorry, and alot of MORTAL KOMBAT (not DC or any other of that gimmicy bullshit) . .. It could look extremely good, stay 100% simple, and everyone would love it. . . When my friends are over they still play the first 3 mortal kombats because they are so much fun. . and none of this 3d plane fighitng. . .

age of empires. . . back to the first 2 style games... I can't figure out why people like to play these modern rts games. . . age of empires 3 was fun, sure, but age of kings absolutely dominated it. . . I'd love to play an online, better graphics, better balanced system of age of kings (medieval era). . . instead if i remember right their plans were to go modern/future. . which isn't any fun. . something about giant armies lining up face to face and sprinting at eachother just gets me. . . armies hiding and shooting bullets from afar doesn't. . . one of my favorite online gaming experiences to date was getting into empire earth: art of the conquest online. . . everybody would play only medieval ages matches. . the balance system was exceptional, and it was absolutely intense trying to get a 3 minute rush off, while still planning for the rest of the game. . I was only like 13. . but I went to bed thinking of ways I could mine more gold to perfect my rush and then balance it off for high resource input further along the game. . . every rts i've tried since i've gone to bed thinking of how many ways they could have made the game better, but didn't

Age of Empires! Age of Kings rocked! I spent so much time on those games. But when I think about it... the total war series does it better. Turn based development and real-time battles. They have bigger battles and buildings aren't being constructed in the midst of battles. If only Total War actually had intelligent AI.

Still yet.. I remember having a blast with Age of Empires. I remember playing a custom map against someone who had home field advantage. He hosed my armies... so I gave my Assyrian peasants sapper abilities and gave them Jihad. They ran faster than his chariots! So, I went guerrilla and just harvested all the wood and food possible. Every time he found one of my harvesting plantations, I'd build 2 more elsewhere. My peasants kept raiding his buildings and peasants, while running from his armies. Eventually, he ran out of gold... so the endless suicide peasant raids finally brought him down.

I don't know how I didn't think of this sooner. I'd preorder at full price if EA remade Mutant League Football.

edit: Hockey too

Admittedly it's not THAAAT old school, but I'd like to see Relic finally get around to Homeworld 3. How epic would that look on modern hardware?

Quake 2,

Quake 4 aint a sequel to it, im sorry.

Also, motor city online. EA did nothing to promote that game, then cut its life span hella short because only about 10,000 people a day were playing it. That game was a rush. and was worth every penny of the 10 dollar a month subscription fee.

I would like a new game in the Fallout series that look and plays like Fallout 2 but obviously with high res graphics.

Fallout 3 is great and by all means continue making that type of game.
But why not some more games in that universe in the old style? I think they could be popular and not particularily expensive to make.

I see Carmageddon and raise a redo of AutoDuel, done a la Carmageddon, Interstate 76 and Fallout 3?

Prolly never happen, since Steve Jackson games are licensing hell. I'd love to see an Ogre remake too, done like a first person RTS a la Battlezone.

Back