What Can thermaltake Do For You?

I appreciate that we will definitely check out what these cases offer and if/how we can offer something.

I am more than happy to be here... I dont plan on going anywhere and will be around as long as were welcome here :D

I have the Level 10 GT which I really like overall - one of the main reasons I bought it was for the hard drive mounting system.

I would probably buy 1 or 2 more of these cases for other systems at my home if I could only buy more of those hard drive trays.

After I bought the case, I checked the web and your website for several months looking for an opportunity to buy more drive trays and you don't have a way for customers to buy extras.

Why is this? It's very frustrating and severely reduces the benefit of a key feature.

As someone who buys cases and hardware frequently, it's enough of an annoyance that I will probably be looking elsewhere for my next case.

Such a small thing too...

I have the Level 10 GT which I really like overall - one of the main reasons I bought it was for the hard drive mounting system.

I would probably buy 1 or 2 more of these cases for other systems at my home if I could only buy more of those hard drive trays.

After I bought the case, I checked the web and your website for several months looking for an opportunity to buy more drive trays and you don't have a way for customers to buy extras.

Why is this? It's very frustrating and severely reduces the benefit of a key feature.

As someone who buys cases and hardware frequently, it's enough of an annoyance that I will probably be looking elsewhere for my next case.

Such a small thing too...

I am working on this now for you to see if we can offer these separate for sale. I will let you guys know as soon as I know on this.:cool:

That's one quick turnaround! I'm very impressed at how responsive you and the rest of the people at Thermaltake were at getting that up and on the site for purchase.

I will help however I can, may not always be that easy or quick.... taht one just happen to be :D

Still, you managed to convey the issue to the appropriate people and get an entire product page up in a matter of hours. Props for that -- it's not often you see a company be that responsive or nimble (even if you can't always change things that quickly.)

I would like to see an affordable aluminum lightweight case (In a tower shape like the former Matrix VX) I loved mine and bought it right as it was cancelled I believe. I think there is a market for cases like this if they are marketed properly. An ATX and a MATX would be awesome as alot of people I know still lug their rigs around to friends' houses, etc. to lan. Every case I buy has this in mind as I transport my computer atleast twice a month, that I why I purchased the Matrix VX. Also I always loved the Mozart TX. I think with a minor redesign to focus less on home theater and more on cooling/extreme watercooling options it would have a market.

Well, that settles it for me... great job with that one. Keep sponsoring PDXLan is my only recommendation. I didnt notice much going out from TT this past lan, but antec, sapphire and a good few others were chucking out stuff like candy. I'll be buying a TT case for my next build thanks to this though. Nice to see a company respond. Hell, I still never managed a response from Sapphire on a PSU I won last year for some replacement cables... yet you have a good few up there.

Always nice to be able to buy the extra parts when you want them. I know wanting to replace a side panel when it gets beat to hell in transport is nice, and I've yet to find one company that would find a method to get me the part (except xclio, but they wanted something like half the cost of a new case to get one shipped from their production plant). Keep it up though. you might not get hundreds of people to buy the parts, but having them there when someone needs it is a great help (and the pricing on the parts isnt half bad, which is a good plus)

and ill keep to what others were saying as well... release some nice, clean designs that are builder friendly (cable mgmt, etc) and modder friendly (parts available in case of a botched cutting experience)

normally when a company rep interacts with the unwashed masses of the internet and someone has a problem, they may try and fix it for them in a one-off, custom order, kind of situation, which is great, but then everyone who has the same issue needs to contact them and ask for the same special deal or service.

you, however, got the part added to thermaltakes' actual web store so everyone can benefit without having to stumble upon this thread, and all in the space of a few hours.

thermaltake isnt a brand name that i normally seek out for any special reason, but you just gave me a reason to in the future. you get extreme internet points for listening to your customers.

Well, that settles it for me... great job with that one. Keep sponsoring PDXLan is my only recommendation. I didnt notice much going out from TT this past lan, but antec, sapphire and a good few others were chucking out stuff like candy. I'll be buying a TT case for my next build thanks to this though. Nice to see a company respond. Hell, I still never managed a response from Sapphire on a PSU I won last year for some replacement cables... yet you have a good few up there.

Always nice to be able to buy the extra parts when you want them. I know wanting to replace a side panel when it gets beat to hell in transport is nice, and I've yet to find one company that would find a method to get me the part (except xclio, but they wanted something like half the cost of a new case to get one shipped from their production plant). Keep it up though. you might not get hundreds of people to buy the parts, but having them there when someone needs it is a great help (and the pricing on the parts isnt half bad, which is a good plus)

and ill keep to what others were saying as well... release some nice, clean designs that are builder friendly (cable mgmt, etc) and modder friendly (parts available in case of a botched cutting experience)

normally when a company rep interacts with the unwashed masses of the internet and someone has a problem, they may try and fix it for them in a one-off, custom order, kind of situation, which is great, but then everyone who has the same issue needs to contact them and ask for the same special deal or service.

you, however, got the part added to thermaltakes' actual web store so everyone can benefit without having to stumble upon this thread, and all in the space of a few hours.

thermaltake isnt a brand name that i normally seek out for any special reason, but you just gave me a reason to in the future. you get extreme internet points for listening to your customers.

thanks guys and the kind words really mean alot. just so you guys know your responses dont fall on deaf ears.

BTW I will be at PAX after today so I wont have much time to check here, but I will check when I can if you guys need some help :D

Thank you guys, we really try to give you guys whatever we can that you would like. Please just keep the feedback coming so that we can continue to improve and integrate as much as possible of what you request into what we build :cool:

ok guys well im back :)

as for updates I guess you didnt miss me lol...

I thought you guys would have problems or something I could help with... im getting bored over here :)

ok guys well im back :)

as for updates I guess you didnt miss me lol...

I thought you guys would have problems or something I could help with... im getting bored over here :)

LOL!

Well I don't have any more issues or concerns that hasn't already been stated in this thread. Though gimme a few days. I'll think of something :D

Thank you for listening to us though!

LOL!

Well I don't have any more issues or concerns that hasn't already been stated in this thread. Though gimme a few days. I'll think of something :D

Thank you for listening to us though!

No worries just giving you guys a hard time as I hadn't heard from any of you in awhile :p

Wouldn't mind seeing a modernized Xaser III come back on the market, best case I had ever owned.

I have the Xaser VI VG4000SNI, great layout like the Xaser III, after owning that chassis for two years, I think the case needs more filtering options. I have to blast the system out with compressed air every month or so, maybe solid side panel options instead of the mesh or perspex. I had to add extra filtering material in where the optional HDD cages are mounted at the bottom, as well as directly behind the 5.25 and 3.5 bay covers to try and decrease the dust getting through.

V9 Black X case is great, little more space for hiding cables in the back panel would be nice.

Wouldn't mind seeing a modernized Xaser III come back on the market, best case I had ever owned.

I have the Xaser VI VG4000SNI, great layout like the Xaser III, after owning that chassis for two years, I think the case needs more filtering options. I have to blast the system out with compressed air every month or so, maybe solid side panel options instead of the mesh or perspex. I had to add extra filtering material in where the optional HDD cages are mounted at the bottom, as well as directly behind the 5.25 and 3.5 bay covers to try and decrease the dust getting through.

V9 Black X case is great, little more space for hiding cables in the back panel would be nice.

This could definitely be good. we are working as im sure you have seen on adding alot more filtration to the chassis lineup.

also we are doing everything we can to make cable management as painless as possible.

This could definitely be good. we are working as im sure you have seen on adding alot more filtration to the chassis lineup.

also we are doing everything we can to make cable management as painless as possible.

an extra 3/4" or so at the top of the case, with a slot opened for the 4/8 pin power connector that often sits by the I/O panel is a very helpful feature. its also helpful for routing top/rear fan cables if they are not going to a motherboard header.

an extra 3/4" or so at the top of the case, with a slot opened for the 4/8 pin power connector that often sits by the I/O panel is a very helpful feature. its also helpful for routing top/rear fan cables if they are not going to a motherboard header.

awesome! thank you this is the kind of stuff that I like to see as it is something taht may slip our minds when designing this stuff but would help alot :D

Quick example of what to do and what not do with a case. Please check out photos of the NZXT Source 210 Elite case here:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037566661&postcount=1317

That case is relatively clean, has plenty of air cooling, plenty of cable management features, comes with two stock fans, a USB 3.0 port, and is very reasonably priced. It's currently selling for around $50 to $60. However, it does have a certain con that bugs the hell out of me: Note the second picture. You can see that the hard drives are basically jutting right over the oval cable management holes where the 24Pin ATX PSU connector is being run through. If that particular system had a long video card in it, that whole setup would be been very cramped and probably harder to cable manage as well.

To avoid that, I have two proposals:
1) Lengthen the case so that the hard drives won't go past the long oval cable management holes
2) Have the hard drive bay perpendicular to the case. An example of this can be seen in the Coolermaster HAF 912 case.

So for any future Thermaltake cases in development, thats what I want kept in mind: if you're gonna offer the ability to use multiple hard drives in a case and market it as a case for a gaming computer, make sure that it accommodate a long video card (10.5" or more) and the ability to use all those drives without being extremely cramped, hard to work in, and/or a PITA to cable manage.

IMO perpendicular HDD bays are a big win. They make it FAR easier to get the drives in and out and they reduce the space taken up in the case. Only downside is that they make right angled cables pretty much essential but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

You guys are still making lan boxes (e.g. Lanbox lite, A30, etc).

Make one that will accommodate an ATX PSU, large CPU cooling, long graphics cards (not super long, but long enough), and a microATX mobo in a microATX housing. Currently your support for cooling on these boxes is a bit lacking.

I'd love it if you could make it look classy (kinda like the element series) but at this point I'm willing to make concessions. I had to mod my own case to get close to what I wanted ( http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1633940 ) but as fun as it was, I would've much rather paid $100-$150 to get something factory made.

You guys are still making lan boxes (e.g. Lanbox lite, A30, etc).

Make one that will accommodate an ATX PSU, large CPU cooling, long graphics cards (not super long, but long enough), and a microATX mobo in a microATX housing. Currently your support for cooling on these boxes is a bit lacking.

I'd love it if you could make it look classy (kinda like the element series) but at this point I'm willing to make concessions. I had to mod my own case to get close to what I wanted ( http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1633940 ) but as fun as it was, I would've much rather paid $100-$150 to get something factory made.

I am reviewing your setup, there are some issues that most people may not like such as the mounting and placement of certain items no matter what your design may be for a lanbox as im sure you may know. but im definitely looking at how you did yours as there are some unique design ideas that may be able to be implimented.

Thank you

Quick example of what to do and what not do with a case. Please check out photos of the NZXT Source 210 Elite case here:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037566661&postcount=1317

I agree that case looks very clean/sleek, but I'm a bigger fan of bottom-mounted PSUs.

IMO perpendicular HDD bays are a big win. They make it FAR easier to get the drives in and out and they reduce the space taken up in the case. Only downside is that they make right angled cables pretty much essential but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

YES. God yes. Antec recently updated the Solo (calling it the Solo II, which just makes me head hurt. The one two?), and they're still using the crappy suspension mounting system (which is not perpendicular).

I agree that case looks very clean/sleek, but I'm a bigger fan of bottom-mounted PSUs.

YES. God yes. Antec recently updated the Solo (calling it the Solo II, which just makes me head hurt. The one two?), and they're still using the crappy suspension mounting system (which is not perpendicular).

we definitely noted those examples :) we are working on that.

[...]

well, the suspension mount is mainly for dampening spinner HDD noise, though it's not done as much outside of SPCR, lol.

EDIT: as for an usefull suggestion... I'll definately echo the sentiments of the first page, specifically having a more, "reserved," case design. I want to say, "somewhat like Silverstone," - a company, that even with outlandish designs, still manages to make them look very professional and presentable to a wider demographic (IMO). Though Silverstone does charge almost exuberant prices as a result.

well, the suspension mount is mainly for dampening spinner HDD noise, though it's not done as much outside of SPCR, lol.

EDIT: as for an usefull suggestion... I'll definately echo the sentiments of the first page, specifically having a more, "reserved," case design. I want to say, "somewhat like Silverstone," - a company, that even with outlandish designs, still manages to make them look very professional and presentable to a wider demographic (IMO). Though Silverstone does charge almost exuberant prices as a result.

we definitely saw those and have taken note of them.... I am working on a more sleek design that I hope will appeal to what you are looking for :cool:

This is a quote from an HardOCP review of the Level 10 GT case:

"Next up, in the same spot, is the same system which now blocks the HDMI port. This may not affect every card depending on where the HDMI port is located but if you have any display connection at the very end of the bracket you will run into trouble with this case. This is also not solvable by removing the hold down plate mentioned before. This is simply a case of over-engineering. The HDMI cable is completely blocked and can not be installed in my GTX480."

The review page in question:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/07/08/thermaltake_level_10_gt_computer_chassis_review/4

A picture illustrating the issue:
http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTMwMzkyMjk4Mmxsa21IaTJ3WXlfNF81X2wuanBn

Are there any plans to correct this issue in a newer model? I am about to purchase this case this weekend. I do not mind waiting for a little while if this issue is about to be resolved in an updated version.

Also, here is another quote on the same page of that review:

"This next one was a tricky one to nail down. After installing my SSD into the caddy I was unable to get the PC to boot consistently. It would boot-up once and then on the next boot the drive would be unrecognized giving me an error that no boot drive was found.

I changed SATA cables and even plugged the power cord directly to the back plane where the drive was located. Thermaltake uses a 5-1 adapter that takes one power plug and shares it between five drives through the back plane. I even tried changing caddies and using different position on the back plane. None of this worked consistently.

Finally, I removed the drive (still in the caddy) and just plugged the data and power cable directly to the back of the drive. VOILA! Consistent boot-ups time and again."

Does Thermaltake have plans to find out if this is an isolated issue experienced by just HardOCP or maybe owners of that particular SSD? Or could it be that particular case was defective? Or could it be this is a general defect experienced by multiple users?

I want to be able to use the drive cage to its fullest. I don't want to have to not use the back plane due to issues drive not being recognized properly. This is a deal killer for me. I really want this case, but I would rather not deal with headaches like that. Could you find out more information?

The review does not state what SSD was being used. Perhaps Kyle or Marc could let Thermaltake know what was used for that review.

1) the HDMI port I have tested with a GTX 580, 480 and 460 and it was able to be plugged in albeit a tight fit I will admit but it was able to be connected.

2) this may be a case of the hotswap backplane being the issue, if thats the case we can get that replaced. I have used many drives SSD and Mechanical both and have yet to see the issue but when you have an intermediary device there is that chance that it could be a problem. but we are here to take care of it if anyone experiences this issue.

1) the HDMI port I have tested with a GTX 580, 480 and 460 and it was able to be plugged in albeit a tight fit I will admit but it was able to be connected.

2) this may be a case of the hotswap backplane being the issue, if thats the case we can get that replaced. I have used many drives SSD and Mechanical both and have yet to see the issue but when you have an intermediary device there is that chance that it could be a problem. but we are here to take care of it if anyone experiences this issue.

Thank you for your immediate response. Now take a break from this and go drink some beer or something. I was expecting an answer in a day or two. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.

Thank you for your immediate response. Now take a break from this and go drink some beer or something. I was expecting an answer in a day or two. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.

I get play time too... after that response SCII was calling me :p

This is a quote from an HardOCP review of the Level 10 GT case:

"Next up, in the same spot, is the same system which now blocks the HDMI port. This may not affect every card depending on where the HDMI port is located but if you have any display connection at the very end of the bracket you will run into trouble with this case. This is also not solvable by removing the hold down plate mentioned before. This is simply a case of over-engineering. The HDMI cable is completely blocked and can not be installed in my GTX480."

The review page in question:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/07/08/thermaltake_level_10_gt_computer_chassis_review/4

A picture illustrating the issue:
http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTMwMzkyMjk4Mmxsa21IaTJ3WXlfNF81X2wuanBn

Are there any plans to correct this issue in a newer model? I am about to purchase this case this weekend. I do not mind waiting for a little while if this issue is about to be resolved in an updated version.

Also, here is another quote on the same page of that review:

"This next one was a tricky one to nail down. After installing my SSD into the caddy I was unable to get the PC to boot consistently. It would boot-up once and then on the next boot the drive would be unrecognized giving me an error that no boot drive was found.

I changed SATA cables and even plugged the power cord directly to the back plane where the drive was located. Thermaltake uses a 5-1 adapter that takes one power plug and shares it between five drives through the back plane. I even tried changing caddies and using different position on the back plane. None of this worked consistently.

Finally, I removed the drive (still in the caddy) and just plugged the data and power cable directly to the back of the drive. VOILA! Consistent boot-ups time and again."

Does Thermaltake have plans to find out if this is an isolated issue experienced by just HardOCP or maybe owners of that particular SSD? Or could it be that particular case was defective? Or could it be this is a general defect experienced by multiple users?

I want to be able to use the drive cage to its fullest. I don't want to have to not use the back plane due to issues drive not being recognized properly. This is a deal killer for me. I really want this case, but I would rather not deal with headaches like that. Could you find out more information?

The review does not state what SSD was being used. Perhaps Kyle or Marc could let Thermaltake know what was used for that review.

After looking more closely at the picture you attached I did notice the user was demonstrating fitment of a full size HDMI cable which would not fit that card anyways... The NV reference card that is installed in that instance uses mini HDMI and that is likely where that picture comes from. the size of that cable is much larger than a mini HDMI cable.

I will be making more pointed threads soon to address specific components and what you would like to see so keep an eye out as we would really like your feedback on these as well. :cool:

I have read the suspension system does its job *very well*

though I do prefer the perpendicular setup, first case I got like that was the Sonata II and I have hated almost every case since that didnt have it.

Its my least favorite feature of my Raven 02, the 3.5 bays are caddys that go into the 5.25's

I have read the suspension system does its job *very well*

though I do prefer the perpendicular setup, first case I got like that was the Sonata II and I have hated almost every case since that didnt have it.

Its my least favorite feature of my Raven 02, the 3.5 bays are caddys that go into the 5.25's

We definitely try on every chassis that we can even our lower end variants to offer the perpidicular mounting to allow for the best GPU fitment possible. just remember taht a very small chassis with very little airspace with a monster GPU may not be very "cool" for temps...

see what I did there :p

Back