- Apr 16, 2006
While the latest patches have made it drastically smoother to play on "high", I have notice an increased crashing of the game now. Fun times.
I'm using The Worse 1.0 (or .99). Textures can no longer be changed from the main menu. Do you have a link to your specific version?what I did to finally get the game to run smooth:
- download the Worse Mod that has the newest patch files + worse mod together (google)
- All settings on Ultra
- then change textures to 'High'
- Change Anti-Aliasing to 'Temporal SMAA'.
- Overclock my memory on my GPU a bit more than I had (6700+)
With all that done I have yet to not have the game run smooth as butter. Also I am using the latest nVidia drivers.
Now if I could only make the game fun......
"REPLAY OPTIONS After having completed the main story line, players will now have the option to reset previously played Gang Hideouts and Convoy Missions"
-MULTIPLAYER BAD BEHAVIOR Players who are frequently disconnecting from multiplayer matches will be pooled together and paired only against players with similar online behaviors
Single Player Added Features
- REPLAY OPTIONS After having completed the main story line, players will now have the option to reset previously played Gang Hideouts and Convoy Missions. (ALL PLATFORMS)
- DRINKING GAMES The Drinking Games were re-tuned based on community feedback. (ALL PLATFORMS)
- Increase round fail time by 20%. More time for player to finish.
- Increase button cycling time by 50%. More time between button switch.
- Increase player reticle radius by 25% in collect button mode. Allow easier button press succeeded on bad latency tv.
- Increase player reticle last frame velocity impact on this frame position (inertia friction) by 70%. The player reticle slow down faster when no input from player -> easier to stay on the spot targeted & More precise player control.
- Increase player input factor by 50%. More precise and more reactive player control.
- Reduce max force applied randomly to player reticle from 0.35 to 0.29. Less strong random impulse for drunk effect.
- Reduce moving target speed by 15%. Easier for player to time his button press on a target.
Multiplayer Added Features
- HACK YOUR FRIENDS You can now select available friends via the grid and hack or tail them without their knowledge. This can be disabled under online options. (ALL PLATFORMS)
- CTOS MOBILE Mobile players disconnecting will no longer result in the gameplay ending for the console/PC player. Console and PC players will play their match to the end and receive some Notoriety points for doing so. (ALL PLATFORMS)
- MULTIPLAYER BAD BEHAVIOR Players who are frequently disconnecting from multiplayer matches will be pooled together and paired only against players with similar online behaviors. (ALL PLATFORMS)
If youre playing against someone else who disconnects unfairly, you will get the same amount of Notoriety as if you had won at that moment.
The disconnector will not receive any Notoriety.
Single Player Fixes
- POKER Fixed a bug in which players were getting stuck playing poker if they used the camera against the last opponent in a low stakes game. (ALL PLATFORMS)
- MISSING PERSONS INVESTIGATIONS Fixed instances in which the wrong text was appearing in Portuguese language. (ALL PLATFORMS)
For optimal performance on AMD graphic cards, a new beta driver (14.7) is available from AMD at http://support.amd.com/en-us/download with the following changes:
- Assassin's Creed IV - improved CrossFire scaling (3840x2160 High Settings) up to 93%
- Watch Dogs: Smoother gameplay on single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations
- Watch Dogs:
- AMD CrossFire Frame pacing improvements
The full release notes are here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx
On this note, happy hacking.
that patch is from a few weeks ago
Plenty. I haven't been online yet. Got about 40 hours of total gameplay thereabouts going and I'm early into Bad Blood.How much single player stuff is in the Season Pass? Kinda want to try the Bad Blood DLC, but I NEVER play the online stuff. I could get a buddy to do some CO-OP mission with me but I didn't really see much of that in the base game.
the hacking pvp aspect is really fun...I'm normally not a multiplayer guy myself but games like Dark Souls and Watch Dogs have made me rethink that...I guess it's all about making a good MP experiencebut I NEVER play the online stuff. I could get a buddy to do some CO-OP mission with me but I didn't really see much of that in the base game.
LOL, me too.T-Bone is so much more of a man's man than Aiden ever was. At one point in the DLC, Aiden is referred to as childlike. I wanted to hug the writer at that point.
Could be hit or miss. I was playing the game initially on my rig with 4GB 680's SLI'ed and the performance sucked. FPS was fine, but I got shuddering that was so bad the game was borderline unplayable. Driving was a chore.So, the game is on sale right now on steam. Is it worth getting or are there still problems performance-wise. I stayed away until now. Thanks!
If you add -disablepagefilecheck to the launch option all the stuttering goes away.. At least for me.Could be hit or miss. I was playing the game initially on my rig with 4GB 680's SLI'ed and the performance sucked. FPS was fine, but I got shuddering that was so bad the game was borderline unplayable. Driving was a chore.
After switching to playing on a rig with a single 980, performance was just fine. I never went back to explore what the problem was. Could have been issues with the install... could have been SLI... I don't know. Performance wise, the two computers are almost identical. SLI is my guess, but I can't say for sure.