Watch Dogs

Yes it was IMO at least.

It was fairly terrible IMO. 50 percent = terrible.

2 was a little better. 2 had some really nice art direction and was *almost* a good game. I'd give that a 70 percent.

All Kane and Lynch really needed to be was Hitman Blood Money with a light squad mechanic. I remember the early marketing sure made it look that way. That would have been awesome.

Or if you prefer, I'll cite an earlier work of IO's that was and is far superior to either K&L game: Freedom Fighters. It did "that" better and without all the grit and the cursing and super violence. Fantastic game.

K&L as a gritty Freedom Fighters like variant = gold that you can milk forever and ever.

Freedom Fighters desperately needs a sequel btw. And for those of you have never played it: Track it down!

Dude, Freedom Fighters was amazing! I re-played it over and over again back a few years ago.

Dude, Freedom Fighters was amazing! I re-played it over and over again back a few years ago.

It's an all time classic for me personally. I'm honestly thinking about firing it up yet again pretty soon.

I'm not kidding people. Track it down.

So everyone probably knows this already but:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/05/ubisoft-watch-dogs-coming-to-ps3-360/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/08/watch-dogs-coming-out-on-pc-in-2013/

A nebulous 2013 release date for all platforms.

Disappointed obviously in one sense since I want to play this yesterday but take your time, guys. Cook it on the oven, cook it well, do it right.

We have plenty of other good games coming in the mean time. Wait's going to be tough, though. ;)

If Ubisoft does this right, they'll gain a lot of credibility back in my book. Too few devs take risks with new ideas.

It's an all time classic for me personally. I'm honestly thinking about firing it up yet again pretty soon.

I'm not kidding people. Track it down.

So everyone probably knows this already but:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/05/ubisoft-watch-dogs-coming-to-ps3-360/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/08/watch-dogs-coming-out-on-pc-in-2013/

A nebulous 2013 release date for all platforms.

Disappointed obviously in one sense since I want to play this yesterday but take your time, guys. Cook it on the oven, cook it well, do it right.

We have plenty of other good games coming in the mean time. Wait's going to be tough, though. ;)

Sure is, I'm pretty pumped to try this out. It's always tough waiting for things that really grab your attention isn't it? :mad:

Sure is, I'm pretty pumped to try this out. It's always tough waiting for things that really grab your attention isn't it? :mad:

It is but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. If it isn't, I think it's going to be remembered as one of the biggest letdown in gaming of the last several years.

I hope they really hit it right.

I kind of hope they stop talking about it now that E3 is over. I want them to fade away for a while and then next E3 come back and remind us why we were excited in the first place. Too much exposure early on is either going to kill the hype or make it too high.

^^ it all depends if they keep the hype train rolling... which i hope they do.

Maybe but I don't want this to become another Bioshock where I get hyped to hell for a long time before and the product on shelves is disappointing.

I kind of hope they stop talking about it now that E3 is over. I want them to fade away for a while and then next E3 come back and remind us why we were excited in the first place. Too much exposure early on is either going to kill the hype or make it too high.

Agreed. If this thing isn't coming out until Holidays 2013 then judicious "spots" would be the best way to go IMO.

Great demo

Best demo of a game i've ever seen. First you're like, "wait is this just another CGI trailer?" :rolleyes:, then it turns seamlessly into gameplay and you're like :eek: Yet even within the gameplay the storytelling is amazing and you're like :cool: and then you see the projected release day and you're like :(

:D

Best demo of a game i've ever seen. First you're like, "wait is this just another CGI trailer?" :rolleyes:, then it turns seamlessly into gameplay and you're like :eek: Yet even within the gameplay the storytelling is amazing and you're like :cool: and then you see the projected release day and you're like :(

:D

Pretty much my reactions also. I was like WTF when it went into actual gameplay.
The atmosphere and unique ability to "realistically" control everything around you, brings a new direction to gameplay.
Watch Dogs and The Last of Us definitely have my attention. I would pay $60 now for it, and there's not many games I'll do that for.

I enjoyed the visuals, but I liked the gameplay more.

'bout time somebody makes a 1:1 Chicago game! I've been waiting for Rockstar to do it for many years.

I meant Kane and Lynch 2. Never touched the first one. Game does look great though. I'd buy it just to rub my nephew's nose on his "XBOX superior experience". :)

This and Last of Us coming out who knows when in 2013...it has some people thinking these are deliberately being held down for the next batch of consoles. You all think that's what this is? That PS4 and/or the next Xbox come out next Fall thereabouts and that's when these games show up?

I hope not. Launch titles are rarely as good as they initially seem (though there are a handful of good ones).

This and Last of Us coming out who knows when in 2013...it has some people thinking these are deliberately being held down for the next batch of consoles. You all think that's what this is? That PS4 and/or the next Xbox come out next Fall thereabouts and that's when these games show up?

Seems to me if they were going to be on the market as soon as 2013 we would have seen at least something from Microsoft and Sony about them in the press conferences at e3.

Its not uncommon these days for games to be shown purely to create buzz at e3. Watch Dogs seems to have done just that and now Ubi has a year or so of the game just spreading through forums and word of mouth with out having to do all that much as far as releasing new info. I sort of prefer them doing this because it avoids at least some empty marketing promises and hype that games all to often get when a developer is talking to much. I think that's half the reason so many new IP's get trashed, devs talk about too much, things end up getting cut or scaled back and people are understandably disappointed with the end product.

Seems to me if they were going to be on the market as soon as 2013 we would have seen at least something from Microsoft and Sony about them in the press conferences at e3.

That's my thinking. At least that's the "traditional" way this has been done at least by those two since they got into the videogame biz in the first place. Tease new console at E3, launch it usually in Fall of the following year.

Odds easily favor that trend continuing IMO. I'll be surprised if I see new hardware from either MS or Sony in 2013 myself.

Its not uncommon these days for games to be shown purely to create buzz at e3. Watch Dogs seems to have done just that and now Ubi has a year or so of the game just spreading through forums and word of mouth with out having to do all that much as far as releasing new info. I sort of prefer them doing this because it avoids at least some empty marketing promises and hype that games all to often get when a developer is talking to much. I think that's half the reason so many new IP's get trashed, devs talk about too much, things end up getting cut or scaled back and people are understandably disappointed with the end product.

Right.

That's my thinking. At least that's the "traditional" way this has been done at least by those two since they got into the videogame biz in the first place. Tease new console at E3, launch it usually in Fall of the following year.

Odds easily favor that trend continuing IMO. I'll be surprised if I see new hardware from either MS or Sony in 2013 myself.

Whatever we (being the core games or H in general whichever) think of the WiiU and it's lineup right now giving Nintendo two free years would be incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them launching at the end of next year or very early 2014. Sony had some cool stuff but Microsoft was treading water this year. They have nothing after the end of this year. They have offered nothing to look forward to next year.

This is what i don't understand.

Why can't they reboot the resident evil series with this type of atmosphere/environment? Just more grimer, darker, isolated, shadow'y'ish, tunneled with survival horror roots back from the early days?

When i first saw Re6 gameplay, i was pretty excited, but the more i watch it, the more i want to puke.. Why are they catering to the fucking mainstream crowd ffs?

Maybe developers are gonna learn from Watch Dogs, and hopefully things will take a turn for the better, in the coming years.

This is what i don't understand.

Why can't they reboot the resident evil series with this type of atmosphere/environment? Just more grimer, darker, isolated, shadow'y'ish, tunneled with survival horror roots back from the early days?

When i first saw Re6 gameplay, i was pretty excited, but the more i watch it, the more i want to puke.. Why are they catering to the fucking mainstream crowd ffs?

Because the Japanese market right now has no idea what to do. For all the talk of the NA and European game markets dropping, game sales have dropped drastically in Japan and there is a mad dash to try and figure out how to survive. Capcom believes the best way to do is to go all gung-ho for the western market and cater all of their games for it. Seeing as they're one of the few Japanese publishers actually doing well you can't argue with the results.

Whatever we (being the core games or H in general whichever) think of the WiiU and it's lineup right now giving Nintendo two free years would be incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them launching at the end of next year or very early 2014. Sony had some cool stuff but Microsoft was treading water this year. They have nothing after the end of this year. They have offered nothing to look forward to next year.

Good points. As you well know, I'm someone who thought MS should have teased at something at E3 a year ago.

The thing about the Wii-U is...and I'm speaking in THE broadest of terms possible here: It's going to do what it's going to do because even if they're spreading their net a little wider this time the "majority" of the more "mature" gamers are still going to be mostly gaming on other platforms.

The Wii-U will be successful and will continue to milk that same niche the Wii did. The real question for them is: Will a bunch of those same people who bought Wiis really care about upgrading to a Wii-U? We'll find out.

Nintendo is almost doing its own thing. I agree with you that MS and Sony shouldn't take them lightly but I really don't see the Wii-U being this huge x factor that prompts either MS or Sony to make a move. MS and Sony are clearly locked in on each other to see who blinks first. I just don't see either of them putting new hardware out in 2013.

28843041593316177830214.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!
Incredible detail, incredible draw distance, incredible anisotropic filtering! So clear, how refreshing.

I still can't believe my hated Ubisoft is the only company "bringing it" this year. e3 was such a disappointment, looking at all the other companies. Oh well, I'm convinced at the moment, but lets see that DRM........

So what's going to happen here? PC and current gen consoles get this...late summer time?... PS4 and Xbox 720 versions come some time after that?

Back