Warhammer Online Thread!

6.6MB down to 262KB. There is absolutely no change in quality of the picture either.

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7294/explosion2hs3.jpg

Yes, there is. You can't compress something that much without removing data from the image.
Same thing with ripping an MP3 from a lossless source.

Jpeg is lossy and bmp is lossless. Do a google search for yourself and see. Any time you go with a lossy format some quality is lost. The amount will vary.

Yes, there is. You can't compress something that much without removing data from the image.
Same thing with ripping an MP3 from a lossless source.

Jpeg is lossy and bmp is lossless. Do a google search for yourself and see. Any time you go with a lossy format some quality is lost. The amount will vary.

The loss of quality is not generally noticeable.

who the fuck cares if he uploaded bmp jpg or raw files? go on with this thread and not about image compression. That's boring shit.

Damn beta is over? bah...

CE headstart is today. SE(EU) headstart is tomorrow. US headstart is Tuesday.
I had a great time in OB playing a Chosen up to rank 12 and messing around with a BO and WE. I can't wait for Tuesday so I can play for real this time!

My friend has the CE and will obviously start playing today. I have SE, so I have to wait until Tuesday to play. Will I be able to join the server he's on? I'm a bit confused about the CE Headstart servers vs. the SE Headstart servers.

I had a great time in OB playing a Chosen up to rank 12 and messing around with a BO and WE. I can't wait for Tuesday so I can play for real this time!

Why'd they give EU priority over US for headstart?

My friend has the CE and will obviously start playing today. I have SE, so I have to wait until Tuesday to play. Will I be able to join the server he's on? I'm a bit confused about the CE Headstart servers vs. the SE Headstart servers.

You'll be able to join, but I would expect massive lines. I'm sure most of the organised people in guilds will have CE preorders and thus will have a lot of SE guild members joining them on the CE servers.

A guy from work has a CE preorder and I was going to join him, but I kinda want to start on an SE server so I can avoid all the elitist CE folks.

so between chosen and black orc, which did you find more fun???

so..to verify I am following you correctly... I didn't get CE pre order..just reg pre order..so..I did activate my head start Key though. That means no OB any more, can't play until the Tuesday Pre Order US Head start, correct?

so..to verify I am following you correctly... I didn't get CE pre order..just reg pre order..so..I did activate my head start Key though. That means no OB any more, can't play until the Tuesday Pre Order US Head start, correct?

Correct.

So I have another potentially silly question:

When the SE Headstart, starts and the client updates, will it remove all those BETA tags from my shortcuts/start menu etc? :(

CE servers full already? Not good.

It's a scaled ramp up so they aren't letting everyone in all at once to keep the servers from crashing completely. This would be fine if my power didn't keep shutting off when I get to the top of the queue. Yay for high wind advisories. :(

It's a scaled ramp up so they aren't letting everyone in all at once to keep the servers from crashing completely. This would be fine if my power didn't keep shutting off when I get to the top of the queue. Yay for high wind advisories. :(

What's the server load like on Azazel? Apparently that's the one I'm supposed to be playing on.

What's the server load like on Azazel? Apparently that's the one I'm supposed to be playing on.

Heh, I'll check next time I get booted but I'm almost back in for the 4th time since my power keeps cutting off and don't want to lose my spot.

Edit: That server doesn't appear to have a queue at all for either Order or Destro.

Heh, I'll check next time I get booted but I'm almost back in for the 4th time since my power keeps cutting off and don't want to lose my spot.

Edit: That server doesn't appear to have a queue at all for either Order or Destro.

Nice, thanks for checking.

How about the Phoenix Throne server? I've no doubt that's the one my friend will go on.

This is the server I'm on. Queues were terrible but they are getting better. About 20m now though.

Are people actually role-playing on it? I guess there would be a few people interested in RP since there's a lot of lore out there.

Are people actually role-playing on it? I guess there would be a few people interested in RP since there's a lot of lore out there.

PvPers are generally the least interested in role-playing, and since this game is centered around PvP I wouldn't hold your breath.

PvPers are generally the least interested in role-playing, and since this game is centered around PvP I wouldn't hold your breath.

I meant the Phoenix server which is the server he's playing on. It's designated as the Role-playing server and has a high population so I figured it was attracting Roleplayers.

I meant the Phoenix server which is the server he's playing on. It's designated as the Role-playing server and has a high population so I figured it was attracting Roleplayers.

You obviously don't have much MMO experience.

My point is that most players i.e. 98%, don't roleplay even on "roleplay" servers. I know that from first hand experience.

Most people have rolled on Phoenix because of the naming policy. There are a few RPers though but less than you'd think.

My point is that most players i.e. 98%, don't roleplay even on "roleplay" servers. I know that from first hand experience.

So you play on that particular server then, is that where your first hand experience comes from? I was asking Phobic, not yourself. I have played on RP servers before and know what they are like, but I was still curious which is why I asked. No one cares about your massive MMO experience.

Since open beta is over, here are some more shots I took yesterday.

I'm already going into withdrawls! Early start can't come soon enough :p (I should have bought a collectors edition :( )

Found a keep in Marsh of Madness, first one I have seen so far
HutchM_006s.jpg

Went up top for a screenshot, I like how my guy is only lvl 12, but each piece of gear I get looks like it fits the class. No clown suit garbage like WoW leveling. I think my robe was brown originally, I ran around with it dyed yellow for a bit, then purple, can change colors whenever you get bored :p
HutchM_007s.jpg

A shot of the siege weapons. This is a vat of oil to pour on people trying to take the keep. Down on the ground below this is a spot they can deploy a battering ram to take down the door.
HutchM_008s.jpg

There are a few pads like this around the keep, you can deploy ranged weapons here to defend the keep.
HutchM_009s.jpg

I have played almost all of the recent MMO's looking for an alternative to WoW and Warhammer really caught me by surprise. Not just the game, but the great developer personalities behind this game. You can really tell they love what they're doing and put their heart into it. Will be purchasing as well. :D

I preordered the CE copy but idiots at gamestop gave me the regular SE codes and ran out of CE :rolleyes: Oh well, its only one more day..

No way I totally pugged that keep in the screenshot two nights ago in beta. The keeplord's adds are chained so you can't pull them down the stairs, and with a couple of order trying to make us mess up it was actually pretty hard.

SE start is Tuesday, right?

My one hope is that someone fill find a way (or the devs will implement a way) to change the fonts. *Sad Face*

Er, and just a shameless bump on my earlier question:

Will the patch update remove all the beta tags and rename the start menu folders and all that jazz? And secondly, for those of you that got the CE headstart, how big was the patch?

Back