Warframe Coop MMO

I am still playing the shit out of the rest of the game, got my soma and a condo prime from twitch and got a 75% off plat.

Agreed- it's very pretty but the servers are getting hammered so much it's effecting stability. On the other hand, I found a strange little 'thousand year fish' statue and when scanned it completed the single pip Eidolon unlock (didn't stop to read yet). Attached is the location if interested.

20171013192658_1.jpg 20171013192727_1.jpg

It was sufficient to make warframe the #4 played game on steam http://steamcharts.com/app/230410 or double the people playing from a day earlier. There are some glitches and some things that will need adjustment but the developers are making changes based on community feedback. Things like drop rates. A new warframe in a beginning area that requires a late game material - so that is being changed. They have done a couple of hotfixes already. It adds some pretty good mechanics to the game. New players though will only be able to stay there during the day as they will not have the ability to fight the night spawns.

Lots of people are going crazy over the fishing mini-game. Also found that for mining if you equip it it will beep when near something. My ember is pretty effective at putting enemies down, and a tigris can one shot most of the ships. So that is a bit strange. Have seen the new warframe a bit, wondering if they farmed it or what.

I downloaded it last night. Tried it once a few years ago. I want my Destiny fix without paying so this should do.

I also want to try PoE. The learning curve just seems a little steep in this game.

It is steep, but if you play the opening missions paying attention it will get you 75% of the game mechanics within an hour or so. After that it's just paying attention, asking questions in mission (generally helpful players, honest), and hitting the wiki. Also- you can request Taxi to any alert locations you have not unlocked yet if you want / need the reward, but mostly you should just grind out the map locations as fast as possible.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I also want to try PoE. The learning curve just seems a little steep in this game.

The tutorial doesn't explain everything like a couple of now basics such as rolling and bullet jumping or that you can find tutorials in the codex [though really they should be rolled into the tutorial quest].
Once you get going, it gets easier much like most games I suppose. Some of the ability descriptions are a bit vague like there is no mention that you charge two of Hydroid's abilities.

Nonetheless its an excellent game and I suppose in a way I like how the devs let the players settle themselves into the game. It means you can discover things on your own and there is a lot to do with constant updates ala POE.
  • The Warframe wiki is a very good piece of information and the region chat generally gets you answers.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
there are tons of good videos out there. one set is by iflynn. he has various versions based on the different game builds. The latest one is still fairly relevant, although the last update changes some things. He shows how to start a character from scratch and the basic mechanics and how to move through the planetary chart. For starting choices you probably want excaliber. It is a strong melee frame for beginning to mid game, hard to acquire otherwise. Starting weapons don't matter, you can just buy them for credits without having to build them, although a bow is quiet and may help for spy missions.

So DE released a patch today that was suppose to fix some issues with spawns at the doors to PoE. Only it broke the doors. 30 minutes later and they are releasing another patch to fix that. It is really refreshing how responsive they are to issues.

I recently got back into WF, I didn't even know about the PoE update, but just missed the gameplay.

Nice to see all my old stuff is still quite viable. got a vauban prime in the oven to replace my regular vauban, should hit MR13 tonight.

Anyone ever want to team up i'm MekanicGaming on there, got 2 friends I team with nightly so can always use another for farming shit.

Welcome back! I'm a (fairly) new Tenno, picked it up around 14.0 I believe... I really think the beauty of the game is that most frames are good, and most weapons can be... I'm playing Rhino with twin (baslock?) axes right now. No range, but I'm like a blast / corrosion powered saw up close. :)

DWolvin in game, on almost every afternoon.

MR13 test is the disappearing platforms. make sure you try it in advance a few times. :)
jiminatorx if anyone wants to add

I am loving Gara, any mission that has a stationary aspect is super easy, I also found out yesterday that mass vitrify blocks kuva clouds lol.

Ah, that's what happened! I was running a Kuva mission yesterday and a few of the clouds got tagged so quick I was a bit confused (since I was in the 'best' location). But Gara's vitrify would explain it.

So I tried out the reinforcing of splinter shield with mass verify, after only 4 or 5 reinforcements I kill most level 60 to 80 enemies instantly just running through them and the rest after anout a second... Gara is awesome.

I have about 1 million credits. Is it possible to trade them in-game for platinum? If yes, how many platinum should I ask for in return? This is to avoid spending real money.

Credit a are too easy to come by to trade for plat, mods and prime parts dropped from using relics are what sell for plat.

1 million is not a lot. Once you start buying primed mods you will find that it costs 2 million credits and 41000 endo to max them out. if you buy from a player it will be another million credits tax. There are lots of ways to make plat in the game.

You can sell sculptures, filled or unfilled
You can sell uncommon and rare prime parts
You can sell junk primes in bulk usually for 2p each
You can sell syndicate parts or mods about 15p each

For an overview of what you have you can go to the ducat kiosk located in any relay behind the central sculpture. Rare items are 100 ducats, uncommon are 45-65 and commons are 15-25.
Baro is coming on friday, people will start advertising to buy prime junk in trade chat. His primed mods will cost some 300-350 ducats. He also has rares for the same price but lots of them are often not rare
You can buy primes for resale at a later date. resale, depending on how long it is after baro was there, may net some 60-150p.

Look on warframe.market to get an idea of pricing for individual items, and you can start listing your own items there. It is much simpler than trade chat. For fast sales your prices will need to be on the low end. Nobody pays more than they have to. Trade chat prices will be generally higher but good luck with that.

The absolute best method to maximize plat is to sell rare items. The best way to get them is through radshares.
That means you need to spend 100 traces per relic to make it radiant, then open the recruiting channel and put in a search term of "rad".
You will see things like H [meso n4 relic] radshare 3/4 - which means they are hosting, the relic type and they need one more player
You can click on the relic to see if you have one but not if your relics are already radiant, they will not appear.
Odds are 34% to get a rare through radshares. It is also safe. You can see what relics people put up, exit and regroup if someone tries to sneak in junk.

This requires traces. The absolute best way to get traces are through low level (lith) fissure missions on earth and venus, exterminate and captures.
Go without relic solo. If you want to use a group then you really should put up a relic.
Each mission gives from 6 to 30 traces, average 18, so it takes about 6 missions for each radiant.
With a strong ember you can solo them fairly fast and easy (~3 minutes). The missions seem to go through some sort of rotation, so when they appear I will rad up what I can and fill up my traces.
You REALLY need a "resource booster" to make this work, they are expensive as hell but should be looked at as an investment. It doubles the traces you get.
The second thing you do is get a smeeta. They have various charm procs. One lasts 120 seconds (will appear as a timer) and is the resource booster. Using both you can get up to 120 traces.
OjTYuW7.jpg
Traces are allocated after picking up the 10th reactant. Smeetas do not replace resource boosters. In farming the short fast missions you may get to use it about 3 times in an hour session. Other missions types smeeta is useless. The reactants come too slowly and will probably be outside of any 120 second window and waiting for a window will just waste lots of time.
For mission types the exterminate and captures are the fastest IMO. The fissure spy missions are probably ok to complete one and just fail the others to do them faster. I don't care for the rescues but that may work for you. Defense, intercept, excavation & survival take way too long and have a funky drop rate where if the timer completes and you do not have enough reactant then you get nothing and have to start over. So screw those for solo. The do give relic rewards though.

And finally prices, you should know what things sell for. This is my sheet of what I have been selling at (fast sales with warframe.market). Some things are more worth making radiant than others.
Code:
Akstiletto Prime Set 99
Ash Prime Set 99
Ballistica Prime Set 79
Banshee Prime Set 94
Braton Prime Set 14
Burston Prime Set 11
Bronco Prime Set 20
Euphona Prime Set 33
Fang Prime Set 10
Fragor Prime Set 19
Galatine Prime Set 25
Helios Prime Set 40
Hydroid Prime Set 99
Kavasa Prime Collar Set 20
Lex Prime Set 11
Nami Skyla Prime Set 125
Nekros Prime Set 79
Nikana Prime Set 79
Oberon Prime Set 119
Odonata Prime Set 59
Orthos Prime Set 22
Paris Prime Set 12
Saryn Prime Set 59
Silva & Aegis Prime Set 38
Sybaris Prime Set 69
Trinity Prime Set 48
Tigris Prime Set 40
Valkyr Prime Set 99
Vauban Prime Set 85
Venka Prime Set 69
Volt Prime Set 100

.....and another mapping table for the active relics
Code:
Lith_A2 Akstiletto Blueprint R
Lith_B2 Ballistica Blueprint R
Neo_B2 Banshee Chassis Blueprint R
Axi_B2 Banshee Systems Blueprint R
Meso_C3 Cernos Lower Limb R
Axi_E2 Euphona Receiver R
Meso_G1 Galatine Blueprint R
Lith_H1 Helios Cerebrum R
Neo_H1 Hydroid Systems Blueprint R
Axi_N5 Nami Skyla Blade R
Lith_N3 Nekros Blueprint R
Meso_N5 Nekros Systems Blueprint R
Meso_N4 Nikana Blade R
Axi_N4 Nikana Hilt R
Meso_O1 Oberon Neuroptics Blueprint R
Axi_O1 Oberon Systems Blueprint R
Meso_S2 Saryn Chassis Blueprint R
Neo_S7 Silva & Aegis Guard R
Meso_S6 Spira Blade R
Neo_S8 Spira Pouch R
Meso_S5 Sybaris Barrel R
Lith_T1 Tigris Blueprint R
Axi_V6 Valkyr Chassis Blueprint R
Lith_V3 Valkyr Systems Blueprint R
Neo_V2 Vauban Blueprint R
Lith_V4 Vauban Chassis Blueprint R
Neo_V5 Vauban Neuroptics Blueprint R
Lith_V2 Vauban Systems Blueprint R
Meso_V5 Venka Gauntlet R

Last edited:
Or wait for a 75% of plat coupon to pop up and buy the biggest plat pack they sell like I did.

I have to admit, every time I get a 75% I toss them about $10. I get way more than that out of this game. But you really don't have to buy plat at all if you are willing to grind smart.

I have only gotten a 50% off, from which I bought 2k plat. I have made some 5k plat selling stuff, but not trying hard. I only sell sets cheaply when I have a bunch. With more effort one can sell parts only for a larger total, or through trade chat, but its not worth it to me.

I still have a while crapload of prime parts I need to sell. I am loving the arca plasmor shotgun, got a riven on it and it clears rooms fast.

Still just grinding away hehe, Saryn prime got finished cooking tonight, Ivara later today, Mesa tomorrow, and Limbo P in 2 days heh.

Made a clan a bit ago when maroo's was unavailable and needed to trade some mods to a newbie friend of mine. Was hoping ot get back in my old clan but they have all vanished it seems so we just said fuck it and started building this one. If anyone wants in to help with research lemme know :p

Been using a spreadsheet to keep track of my crap, feel free to save a copy and edit away if you're as OCD as I am about it heh

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yoIRG_NxXkLIl15whYiAUFMgT1_eEx7s6fISP7YvUKE/edit#gid=762113325

(file, make a copy)

I would like to do this:
Polarize a weapon, sentinel, or warframe, and raise it to level 30.

Which is the easiest to do?

Hey, what are you looking to accomplish?

Keep in mind you can only gain mastery rank the first time you raise an item to 30. After that you would put an orokin catalyst (or reactor) on the item. That gets you 60 mod spots. You then use forma for more, it can give you back 7 or 8 sports.

Anyway I would only do this for keeper items. Most all weapons are mastery rank fodder. For warframes I will ditch the regular frames once I get the prime version. Note though I have thrown 3 forma on regular ember. The prime version is vaulted and runs some 600p or so.

Anyway in terms of leveling up the fastest to level is going to be sentinel weapon then sentinel. Weapons you just carry and do the highest defense you can manage with others. Warframes... are a bit harder. I do spear, mars, then jupiter, IO then sedna, hydron to level them up. I start with Hydron if it has offense capabilities (like octavia, which I did 4 forma a couple of days ago).

Thanks for the tip about Prime versions of warframes. I will try polarize next.

Last edited:
Which one? Currently been using Lenz with a riven, put 4 forma into it so far and it just keeps getting better.

I have been messing with a zarr, based on the lifeofrio build. it is an awesome monster of a weapon. someone in clan chat asked about selling a riven for it. I looked and it was pretty damn good. Damage, tox and critical damage. Not top tier (the+++- are) but damn good. He sold it cheap so yeah, nice. If only I would stop blowing myself up....

If I could get a riven for the a Zarr I would totally rock it too lol, I really want a riven for my orthos prime, though my riven Ohma is doing pretty good, I fucked it up though so am trying to get the riven back to something decent.

I don't understand rivens very well. Most (er all) of them I have are for junk weapons. I mean they are not going to make the weapon good. So what do you do with them? Reroll to go for awesome stats? Sell them as an unrolled riven? There is wftrader.com but even there it is all confusing because there is no real way to know what rivens actually sell for.

I haven't bothered trying to sell a riven yet, the weapons I use that have rivers I got the riven first then re rolled them until they were good.

So... The meteorite landed, looks like infested are soon on the plains...
Ah- 'Operation Plague Star'

And yea- the Lenz. That double hit is crazy, I can't imagine is being bad with a decent riven!

Silly side question- anyone playing on a bigger (UWQHD) widescreen? My catleap 27' is going and I need to replace. I'm on the fence between a 27 / 32 inch QHD or a 34' UWQHD...

Last edited:
I have a Dell U3415W 34", been very happy with it. I play in a window though, as I like to browse at the same time. I would probably get a 4k monitor next though. The issue is probably one of video cards. It is easier to drive a UW than a full 4K monitor. However if your card is sufficient... really they are both good choices.

Nice- that's a 10 bit, so I understand it should be able to do HDR?

And, finished baking my Necros (rarely plan a build, just level whatever shows up). That frame is so fun! My little undead army and the extra loot are the bomb.

If you don't have the syndicate which sells the desecrate mod let me know, I think I have them maxed and can get you one.

syndicates are another gotcha. no way to know if you do red veil/steel meridian then everyone else becomes hostile to you. switching is a pain. But then you can do arbiters, suda and SM at the same time, OR red veil, loka and perrin - then switch to the other 3 after you have bought everything.

Back