• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Warframe Coop MMO

such a great game
I am still on my first frame, which I guess is a waste. I have been doing all the side missions and alerts.
missing critical parts for most everything, I guess I need to stop that shit and just do the story missions to unlock the planets
What are you guys doing for a clan? Are there enough [H] people? :)

JIFOnov.jpg
 
I'm on daily (same name), but only for a short while most of the time. That's what I like about WF~ you can get in, play a few missions and get out in less than a half hour most of the time. And my control room is also encrusted in sculptures (Ha!).

Definitely get out and do story missions and clear planets- the map segment that goes to the next planet will give yo blueprints and the missions also get you stuff much more often than the random timed ones.
There is no [H]clan, but finding one is easy (I should ditch mine for not being fun and find another).
 
such a great game
I am still on my first frame, which I guess is a waste. I have been doing all the side missions and alerts.
missing critical parts for most everything, I guess I need to stop that shit and just do the story missions to unlock the planets
What are you guys doing for a clan? Are there enough [H] people? :)

Jerk burglarized my home and damaged my PC. So now randomly between 5 minutes to 3 hours my video card displays an image of a block that is 60% white on the left and 40% black on the right. Which means that I can't play a darn thing. :(

Now to get more frames, login everyday. Every once in awhile they will give away a frame like I believe that they did for Frost. Even if you already own that frame, you will get another warframe slot. So if you have 2 Frost frames, then you can delete one and replace it with another frame.

Pay attention to trade chat. If you have a truly rare and desirable mod, you can sell it on trade chat. If a new set of mods has just come out, these will sell also because people like me who have close to 3,000 hours into the game really can't be bothered to farm all day. ;) If you mention that you're trying to save up for a warframe or weapon slot, a 5 plat mod might become a 10 plat mod if the person tips you. The player base is pretty awesome.

Unlocking the planets and completing the story missions is the most important thing. The story missions will give you free frames, weapons, pets, etc. The planet unlocks allow you to run higher missions that unlock amazing weaponry.

With that said I have taken quite a bit of time off since the end of last year. So I'm not the best person to ask about the game; especially since I missed the new stuff like those mods that you can reroll and customize. Heck I even saw a new type of mission type the last time I played. ;)
 
The "escort people to the escape shuttle" mission? Sometimes fun, sometimes terrible. It really depends on the skill of your PUG. Which brings up an important thing; If you don't know what to do in a mission- ASK! Not yelling at you Jiminator, but I keep running in to people that don't grasp that a defense mission means to actually block damage to a particular location/console/cryopod/whatever. And if it's a mobile defense mission, there will be a device to pick up (restricting you to melee and secondary weapons) and take to specific locations. Really, it boils down to Ask or Wiki anything you don't understand. Heck- friend me in game, I'll voice chat and can't be bothered to swear. :)

It's a deep game, no shame in studying or asking. Hell, I still do once and a while!
 
lol, did we play together?

yeah, the basic mechanics are fine. Some missions appear to be difficult for solo, unless I guess you have much higher firepower than the enemies. That would be the intercept missions. The defense missions have mostly been ok except with higher tier versions. then they are slow to put down.
 
Jerk burglarized my home and damaged my PC. So now randomly between 5 minutes to 3 hours my video card displays an image of a block that is 60% white on the left and 40% black on the right. Which means that I can't play a darn thing. :(

Now to get more frames, login everyday. Every once in awhile they will give away a frame like I believe that they did for Frost. Even if you already own that frame, you will get another warframe slot. So if you have 2 Frost frames, then you can delete one and replace it with another frame.

Pay attention to trade chat. If you have a truly rare and desirable mod, you can sell it on trade chat. If a new set of mods has just come out, these will sell also because people like me who have close to 3,000 hours into the game really can't be bothered to farm all day. ;) If you mention that you're trying to save up for a warframe or weapon slot, a 5 plat mod might become a 10 plat mod if the person tips you. The player base is pretty awesome.

Unlocking the planets and completing the story missions is the most important thing. The story missions will give you free frames, weapons, pets, etc. The planet unlocks allow you to run higher missions that unlock amazing weaponry.

With that said I have taken quite a bit of time off since the end of last year. So I'm not the best person to ask about the game; especially since I missed the new stuff like those mods that you can reroll and customize. Heck I even saw a new type of mission type the last time I played. ;)

Someone came into your home, didn't steal your PC but vandalized it? Sheesh, I dunno what's worse, having it stolen or having it broken by some asshole. Hope your home owners/renters insurance covers it.
 
lol, did we play together?

Probably not, just sayin that knowing what to do in a mission is fairly important once you start getting up in the difficulty... Heck, I still need to mind my P's and Q's in anything over 30-40 difficulty... :D
 
I don't think there are enough- I'm in 'The Tears of Gaia', and fairly big but quiet guild whose only requirement is to be active more than monthly. GreyJager or CervantesCartel are the best points of contact and you can tell them 'DWolvin' (I know, creative right?) sent you if you'd like. Basically, a Clan gets you the blueprint access for weapons, frames, and archwings....
 
Ha! I hear you, the game has changed drastically twice since I started about a year and a half ago. Ask and I'll tell... No, seriously, I was clueless for the first month, don't be afraid to ask here or in a mission (if you have voice)...
 
I have 135 hours played from over a year ago and so am trying to remember pretty much how everything works and where I am at in the game.
Stuff I have:
Warframes
Chroma, Excalibur, Oberon, and Loki warframes maxed.

Primary
Amprex, dex sybaris, mk1 braton, braton, string, Karla, and sobek.

Secondary
Gammacor, dex furies, lato, lex, stug, seer, afuris, aklato, twin wipers.

Melee
Orthos, skana, dex dakra, heat sword, mire, fragor, dual zoren, dual ether, dual heat swords, dual cleaners, and dark sword.

All maxed.
 
You can but a ton of blueprints for weapons and sentinels in your ship (market is starboard aft on the bridge. You can tell the interface to only show blueprints... And sweet on the Excalibur, I chose Volt as my first, and now am having a tough time getting an Excalibur.

But just unlock maps segments and run the stories and you will get a bunch of stuff- the 1 on 1 fight at the junction to leave each planet gives good stuff- Warframe blueprints and good weapons.
 
What's your in game name? If your willing I will tag along for a couple hours re learning the game lol
 
started playing last night, just got off earth, how do i get different warframes? i dont want to keep putting time into the starter one
 
If you don't want to pay for one, then grind for blueprint / parts I believe?
 
If you have excaliber then it is a great frame. Volt is also good. The third is supposed to be harder to play. The general idea is to start off leveling your mastery. You do that by completing missions and leveling gear. Each level of mastery unlocks a minimum mod amount on all gear you wear. Gear mods are what makes gear stronger. Gear will start at 1 slot and increase to 30 based on gear level. The higher your mastery the more mods you can plug into starting gear (vs leveling it).

In theory if you had mastery level 30 then all gear would be completely unlocked upon equipping. But I think 27 is the most anyone has.

The more gear you are leveling at once the faster your mastery will grow. General idea, get something to 30 then swap it out for something new. Maybe keep 1 strong weapon for hard content but keep cycling the other stuff.

Different frames can be had by killing bosses or (later) cracking relics (for the good stuff). I think bosses drop blueprints. You need to craft 3 parts then buy the blueprint for that frame type and then craft the frame. It takes 12 hours for each part (they can be done together) then 3 days for the frame.

For weapons you can either buy them or build them from a blueprint. Many entry level weapons can be had for credits (not platinum). They can be purchased via the equip menu or blueprints through the market. Note the handy "search" function.

Building them from blueprints is a bit harder. You can click on each weapon then the blueprint symbol on the bottom. It will show if you have the materials. If yes (and none are "rare") then you can purchase it and craft it. Crafting will cost similar to purchasing. It also takes a day.

Once you level a weapon (for mastery) it can be sold for credits. Some are ingredients for other weapons. Just be careful because too many will use up your inventory slots. Crafting does not take up any inventory space, claiming them however does. You can also cancel (undo) a crafting job to get materials refunded.

Another good idea is to always have two weapons crafting/crafted for each weapon class. :)

Handy page:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients
 
Last edited:
Wow- nice write up, and great link (I'm always learning). Got home late but will hop on tomorrow around 5 if anyone wants an assist.
 
Oh yea! Grab it, the Frost is a great frame, and a prime is (afaik) like getting one that has been forma'd a couple of times (basically it's better).
 
Heat sword is great for the not very well documented heat effect- it means that every ground slam is a fire explosion- great for infested!
 
Just getting back into this after not playing for over a year. I'm always so overwhelmed at all the new content that I never know what I should work on.
 
The Mastery test start to become really hard after about 9 or so. First failure with 11 today. Good stuff
 
I am going to lose my shit over the fucking mars cephalon fragments, been looking for them for 2 hours and haven't found a single one, using animal instinct and theirs wit, game is about to get uninstalled for another year at this rate.

Fuck me, just found the first one, why do they make shit like this a requirement to move onto new areas.
 
Last edited:
I think on mars they are often near the extract zone, tucked away. other times near the open area where they have reactors. are you playing in a team? I think what they scan will appear. They are a blue blob on the minimap. You can use M to expand the minimap to expand it. with loot radar it will show more
 
After the first one the rest were obvious, leveling a secondary weapon kept the monotony down.
 
i'm thinking about trying this game out, mainly because The Division has opened my eyes to the looter-shooter genre. i love The Division and i'm still playing it but i feel like i'm fairly close to running out of content in that game. i love trying out new builds and coming up with creative ways to put a build together. it sounds like there is plenty of that in warframe.

the off-putting thing about warframe, to me, is the futuristic sci-fi alien setting. i've never been able to get into games set in that universe. is there anyone out there like me that hates that setting but feels like warframe is so good it can be overlooked? jiminator i know you've played both this and The Division, what do you think? it's free so there's nothing to lose. I just figured i'd get [H]'s input before clicking the download button.
 
I've got 141 hours in Warframe, and 508 hours in The Division. I like futuristic sci-fi games (go figure).
It's still a fun game, it's definitely worth the download.
 
the off-putting thing about warframe, to me, is the futuristic sci-fi alien setting. i've never been able to get into games set in that universe. is there anyone out there like me that hates that setting but feels like warframe is so good it can be overlooked? jiminator i know you've played both this and The Division, what do you think? it's free so there's nothing to lose. I just figured i'd get [H]'s input before clicking the download button.

Well, to be honest as a shooter the game feels far superior to the division. add to that it has melee, lots of great melee that also feels good. Add to that it has awesome movement, very fluid and capable of traversing huge distances. There are no tiered level bullshit. You can coop or solo. Multiplayer is effortless. Everyone shares the drops and gets XP from the others. High level gear dudes will come in for drops from low level planets. They pretty much do most of the damage but that is fine. You can also join parties to unlock access to higher level points. You may not contribute much but that is fine also. The others can typically make up for it.

It is a very different feel from the division. The goal is to kill shit and be powerful. And there are powers. Starting class should be excaliber. He is a sword ninja. Or staff. The powers are all confusing. You can probably ignore them for now. You kill shit to get cash, ingredients and mods. Mods you plug into your weapons and warframe to make them more powerful. The cash you use for blueprints and crafting.

The game gives mastery ranks through story progression and also leveling up gear. Mastery makes it easier to use new weapons/gear and has other benefits so it is worth doing. Every so often you see high mastery players with low level gear but they still steamroll content because they are able to plug great mods into their gear.

Anyway if you like shooting shit and feeling powerful then it is worth doing. The only thing off putting is their market place. It is a push for cash, and understandable but on the bottom you can check blueprints only and that filters out the promos. Play until you level up your gear to 30 to see how you like it.
 
The only real shitty part is having to buy slots for gear, sure there are a shit load of frames and weapons, but you won't have space for more than a couple.
 
The only real shitty part is having to buy slots for gear, sure there are a shit load of frames and weapons, but you won't have space for more than a couple.

Ha ha they do have to make a buck or two. Honestly the slots are the only "mandatory" thing that you have to pay for if you want to "collect them all." And if you are having fun farming rep and parts, then you can sell mods and parts to others to pay for the slots. So the game can be essentially free for those that really love it. The casual players will buy stuff for real money.
 
And- if you wait patiently the daily login reward is 75% off platinum every once in a while. Grab $5 or $10 and you are set for mandatory platinum for a very long while (as long as you don't buy cosmetics & other BS).
 
Back
Top