Vista 64-bit SP1 OUT!

x64 Vista Home Premium here, no SP1 even after reboot and about 10 re-checks for updates. Looks like this might be a Business/Ultimate only deal?

Not quite. It seems very random at, perhaps at first glance. My friend has Ultimate 64-Bit also and he got it earlier. Lots of premium users have gotten it the same. I think it's more likely that they have some queuing system in place so it doesn't bog down their system. Or there is some sort of driver/patch that triggers it.

not showing up either...

windows vista x64 ultimate.. is there a manual download link?

edit jesus... 7 years where the hell did time go?

I downloaded it earlier but then read the news about KB937287. I have KB937287 installed so is it risky to install SP1? I don't want anything screwed up and I'm not too impatient for SP1. Any help appreciated.

not showing up for me either...x64 ultimate. i uninstalled the sp1 rc refresh, rebooted and a bunch of little updates showed up, so i did those, rebooted and now SP1 should show up, but it isn't...

what gives?

windows vista x64 ultimate.. is there a manual download link?
Not yet. My computer finished downloading the update earlier and there's a folder with KB936330 files unpacked at around 2.2GB in the SoftwareDistribution folder.

what gives?
What gives is.....people are being impatient and not reading through the thread. Microsoft is limiting the "slots" so that people who are downloading it are getting good speeds. Patience is the key.

What gives is.....people are being impatient and not reading through the thread. Microsoft is limiting the "slots" so that people who are downloading it are getting good speeds. Patience is the key.

That sounds like more of a theory than anything.. for all we know, MS could have pulled the update. Only way to tell is if people keep coming in this thread saying its still available to them.

For me, I still havent seen it.

I have x64 ultimate, and i've been trying to get it all day today, and still haven't seen the update.....

I can't get to the update either. Running Enterprise x64, I don't think you can get it unless you have kb987287 which they aren't distributing on Windows update any longer.

Here's a link to it, I'm going to try installing it and then seeing if the update shows up.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-b5db-4fe2-a841-ef938217b285&displaylang=en

Well that didn't work, it told me that update doesn't apply to my system, looks like I already have it installed.

poo ..unistalled my RC1 SP1 ..and then got all updates that showed up after uninstall ..rebooted a couple times due to the updates ..but the SP1 (64bit Vista Ultimate) isn't showing up yet .. ah well. It will pop up sooner or later

[F]old|[H]ard

Anyone installed it that had SP1 RC installed? Does it uninstall it for you, or should you uninstall before installing the real SP1?

Anyone installed it that had SP1 RC installed? Does it uninstall it for you, or should you uninstall before installing the real SP1?

You'll have to uninstall the RC

But yeah ThreeDee, I'm in the same boat. Just keep on waitin...

Business x64....no SP1.....wish they would just give it to me since I live about a mile from their HQ, so I could give a damn less about people's speeds not near me :D

I see SP1 on the laptop update now for 32bit, but 64bit is still not available for my main computer.

Still not up to par network speeds with SP1 installed.

When I pull a large file (i.e. Images) from a windows 2003 server, i'm only getting 10MB/s on a gigabit network. On the same computer with windows XP, i get around 32MB/s...

i'm sad .. Uploads are fine however

where do you get that?

I found it on some web site. I don't remember which one.

UPDATE: The download obviously didn't work, it throws error codes when I try to install the update. Back to searching for a copy that's worth a shit.

Windows Vista 64 Ultimate. No SP1 available (I live right across the street from their main campus too!).

Can anyone tell me if Service Pack for Microsoft WIndows (KB936330) is SP1 RC? Just wanted to make exactly sure that it is so I can uninstall it.

Gah, Microsoft made the OEM 1.13GB download into an .img

I can't even install my Nero7 onto Vista 64-bit to burn the .img, lol.

This is getting ridiculous. I guess I have to temporarily use an XP machine to burn the image for my Vista SP1 upgrade.

I know that I had a release candidate installed on my computer at one point in time. When I go to look at the installed updates, I do not see anything that cleary states "release candidate" or "service pack" all I have are "update for microsoft windows (Kxxxxxx)" "security update for microsoft windows (Kxxxxxx)" and two that read "hotfix for Microsoft windows (Kxxxxxx)"

I'm guessing therefore, that I do not have a release candidate installed any longer. If I don't have a release candidate installed... then I'm trying to figure out why else I would not be able to get SP1 viat windows update? I've restarted my computer several times and searched for new updates quite a few times over the last 4 hours. :confused:

Running Vista 64bit Business Pro (in DXDIAG says build 6000)

Can anyone tell me if Service Pack for Microsoft WIndows (KB936330) is SP1 RC? Just wanted to make exactly sure that it is so I can uninstall it.

You look at the build I think, Betas and RC's are 17XXXX, the real deal and RTM is build 18000 AFAIK

Gah, Microsoft made the OEM 1.13GB download into an .img

I can't even install my Nero7 onto Vista 64-bit to burn the .img, lol.

This is getting ridiculous. I guess I have to temporarily use an XP machine to burn the image for my Vista SP1 upgrade.

ZenOps: Where did you download that image from? I am not a member of MSDN or technet. I guess I could go to the P2P sites... but I'd really prefer not to go down that route. Thank you for any info!

Well I got mine from Technet a few Days ago.

Talk about a long install, but I did notice a bump in speed transferring files from my 2003 R2 server and my XP boxes.

Yea, I'm still having no dice on the SP1 download. Gonna try one last refresh then make me foods.

Back