Vista 64-bit SP1 OUT!

I hope that doing the manual install of the KB937287 didn't mess something up. Stupid Windows Update re-installs.

All is good for me on sp1 x64. Seems it didn't hose my box, always a surprise when M$ gets it right frist time, especially for us 64bit guys.

Microsoft is doing much better in regard to 64bit software than they used to. I've had very few issues out of Vista x64.

Microsoft is doing much better in regard to 64bit software than they used to. I've had very few issues out of Vista x64.

I haven't noticed any difference as far as support and stability between 32bit and 64bit Vista. Ever since MS started requiring companies to provide both 32bit and 64bit drivers it became a level playing field between the two.

Had me worried for a minute. Downloading the update went well. Installing went quick. Then when I rebooted ,WOW! It kicked the crap outta my system..lol. It had to finish installing and let me tell ya, X2 3800 was running hot and the Raptor was rumblin :eek: Seems good now though. Alls quiet once again :D

Hmm I'm getting concerned that this may be a "Beta", and that may be a pain in the ass if we have to uninstall/reinstall to get the final version. Can someone check in the Windows update/details that this is the final version? Just open the list of updates that you've installed, and double click the SP1 entry. Note that I installed this from Windows Update just like everyone else here. Here's what it says:

vista64sp1.png

Heh, interesting. Looks like this may be a pretty substantial screw up on Microsoft's part. I sure hope they handle it well and don't make everyone dick around getting this sorted out.

Mine doesn't show that in the update history. The same update KB936330 shows up in the add remove programs though. My version check also shows Vista 64-bit SP1 with no build or beta information listed. I did use the stand alone installer and not Windows Update to get SP1.

I lurked for 6 months or I would have an even older date. :p I've been reading [H] for even longer than that.

I've been around the block for eons too. I thought my old nick to be tacky, so I reregistered lol.

I used to be WizKid ages ago. Ah, those were the days.

I installed it, looks fine. I still have hiss from my stupid Audigy Platinum (4GB of Ram)... even with the 2/21/08 driver pack from daniel_k.

:DThank god for the [H] I saw the post, go home from work and uninstalled the beta SP1 RC2 I've been running. Installed like 10 new updates that didn't come though cause i was running the beta, then I got offered the real service pack. I hear the loophole is closed now, so I am super thankful.:D

I installed it, looks fine. I still have hiss from my stupid Audigy Platinum (4GB of Ram)... even with the 2/21/08 driver pack from daniel_k.

i tried to look for updates on vista and it doesnt show vista sp1, whats the file name and release date

i tried to look for updates on vista and it doesnt show vista sp1, whats the file name and release date

It looks like Microsoft accidentally released this version of SP1 and then took it down. Don't worry about it.

Time to upgrade from windows xp pro...as soon as microsoft mails me the ultimate 32 bit DVD from the promotion back in December 11.

i have ran windows update a hundred times and no sp1 update comes up for me. is there a direct download link?

FYI i have Vista Ultimate x64

Back