Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its easier to keep your patience when the only reliable place that has the ram you want for a reasonable price is newegg and they wont have it back in stock until the 18th:p

you know i wana know wtf way amd uses to ship their product even when i have stuff land freighted on the back of a semi it takes 5 days form california.... i am asuming they were already in the united states which they might not be, but if they were, wtf

AMD is based out of Santa Clara, CA. the chips are produced in Malaysia.

all teh etailers probably have it now. they have to update all thier paperwork for the new chips - stock, item numbers, pricing, ect.

Exactly, if you could just find that pallet(s) of processors that are sitting in some of these warehouses.

im not gona lie if i could break into one of the warehouses i'd sell the processors to ever yone for fair market value then give the money ot the company i stole it from and be like woh just so i could get mine... now...

Rasha said:
well its easier to keep your patience when the only reliable place that has the ram you want for a reasonable price is newegg and they wont have it back in stock until the 18th:p

Bwahaha...but it was just delivered! Storm the warehouses!

but on a side note just so i look at in for emergency purposes (like.. procs avial monday but memory isn't? can you tell me model number or whatever for the twinmos stuff?

1ST, this i kinda off topic but i picked up some lays salt and vinager chips.. these things have like 0 taste compared to utz salt and malt viniger chips i am highly disapointed.
2nd... so people have gotten that ram up to 250mhz @ 222? that would be amazing that 160 dollars cheaper....
edit : yes i did see your sig but is that normal or like mega rare?

Rasha said:
1ST, this i kinda off topic but i picked up some lays salt and vinager chips.. these things have like 0 taste compared to utz salt and malt viniger chips i am highly disapointed.
hint of lime is better. if not that, then pringles!

2nd... so people have gotten that ram up to 250mhz @ 222? that would be amazing that 160 dollars cheaper....
i can't do 2-2-2 at 250mhz, but i can do 2.5-2-2.. with 1gb of ballistix :D
(note, no insane voltage needed. and yes, i support ballistix whenever i can)

Got mine higher than 250, but the Winchester I was using won't let it go above about 255 bootable. 260ish is kinda common.

Ballistix is the next best thing to CH-5 if you can't fill the high voltage needs, which is the next best thing to BH-5...heh. Seriously though, great OC memory for not much more than the cheapie value RAM is going for?

And screw the whole warranty thing, CH-5 needs 3.2V it's not going to die from it. Too much higher and you'll need to worry about heat though, but that should be enough for a great OC. Plus the TwinMOS costs half what the VX does...you see where this is going?

And don't let the CAS difference set you off of Ballistix if you can't support CH-5, it can do X-2-2-X at a high clock rate. Good latency, good overclock, less voltage required.

ashmedai said:
Got mine higher than 250, but the Winchester I was using won't let it go above about 255 bootable. 260ish is kinda common.
funny, i have the same limit with my clawhammer.
though one thing i've seen with other people who have ballistix.. it's really picky ram. it almost needs tight timings and a good memory controller. the latter of which.. i do not have. :(
this is probably the biggest reason i plan to replace my 3200+.. just for the memory controller. i honestly don't need the speed.
(plus, my parents will get a computer from me out of it, and they won't have to deal with a barton + thermalright + tornado blasting in their ears anymore ;))

edit:
HEY! i've seen this email before. what a surprise. i guess i won't get a real answer out of them cause they insist on sending me generic responses :(
Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting Newegg. Unfortunately we do not have ETAs for new items until after we receive the first shipment. Once we receive the initial order, we can more accurately estimate future deliveries. Generally it takes us about 6-8 weeks to receive new merchandise once it has been released to the public, due to the nature of supply and demand. Please continue to check all prices and availability at www.newegg.com <http://www.newegg.com/> for our most up-to-date status.

Thank you,
Brian Johnson [email protected] < mailto:[email protected]>

Any stores have lowend Optie E4s, yet? I wanna pick up a pair of 242s or 244s and run them at insanely high speeds, but I can't find them anywhere..... where E4 252s the only ones that shipped?

peace,
OriginalOCer

OriginalOCer said:
Any stores have lowend Optie E4s, yet? I wanna pick up a pair of 242s or 244s and run them at insanely high speeds, but I can't find them anywhere..... where E4 252s the only ones that shipped?

peace,
OriginalOCer

Is this the right one? If so there's a few turning up through Froogle.

that's the 130nm one. note the AH on the end of the opn.
i don't think there will be any low end 90nm opterons for a while.. stores just don't go through the stock fast enough to have em on the shelves for a while.

Urk. Got confused by the site I looked for the OPN on - I was deliberately looking for the AH. What's it supposed to be?

(cf)Eclipse said:
that's the 130nm one. note the AH on the end of the opn.
i don't think there will be any low end 90nm opterons for a while.. stores just don't go through the stock fast enough to have em on the shelves for a while.

Man, that sucks... I don't wanna spend the money, when I know the E4s are just around the corner... by mere weeks.

That said, I would have to replace them with dualcores by the end of the year anyway.

peace,
OriginalOCer

ashmedai said:
Urk. Got confused by the site I looked for the OPN on - I was deliberately looking for the AH. What's it supposed to be?
BL for the 2xx and BM for the 8xx
i haven't seen any 1xx revE opterons.

as a general rule of thumb, A* = 130nm, and b* = 90nm ;)
(by this, i'm guessing C* will be 65nm)

Ratboy said:
I take it back. They're in. I love the email notification thingy.
Do they have low-end Optie E4s as well? Who were you referring to? newegg?

peace,
OriginalOCer

OriginalOCer said:
Do they have low-end Optie E4s as well? Who were you referring to? newegg?

peace,
OriginalOCer

He mentioned TwinMOS memory being out of stock a page or two back, I think that's it.

ashmedai said:
He mentioned TwinMOS memory being out of stock a page or two back, I think that's it.
Yes, TwinMOS SP is what I was talking about... Sorry.

he is talking about the memory he wanted...wich should not have been mentioned in such a hot topic where the words "there in" will get alot of people stirred up...

cell_491 said:
he is talking about the memory he wanted...wich should not have been mentioned in such a hot topic where the words "there in" will get alot of people stirred up...

i agree, almost got me jumping...

well seeing as it's saturday now (for me at least) i advise everyone to kick back and relax over the weekend. nothing new should turn up until monday :D

in the meantime. i have a problem that i can't figure out. though i know it doesn't belong in this thread, it's gonna get way off topic anyways... and i'm probably gonna get laughed at for this.

i can't get my dfi's htt (fsb) over 255-260mhz. got any suggestions? :cool:

tried every cpu multi between 9x and 5x, discounting .5's
every ht link multi aside from 5x
various configurations of timings and ram:fsb ratios
voltage anywhere from 2.6v to 3.1v for the ram
chipset voltage.. i normally leave it at 1.6, but i've tried 1.7 and 1.8v

the only thing that lets me go higher is if i only run one stick of ballistix

note that the exact same hardware config could do 315mhz on my k8n neo :confused:

cell_491, I see you preordered a 3700+ San Diego. Do they charge your card now or when it actually ships? I wanna get me one of those, too.

cell_491 said:
try not to get too far off topic
Please guys, knock it off. I know I am new here here, but I check this thread every day after checking Newegg for Venice, and seeing a bunch of replies, including "It's out", then seeing a bunch of replies that have NOTHING to do with the thread "Venice Rumors here please" is annoying, then questions that have absolutely nothing to do with Venice is confusing. There are many forums, and plenty of room for separate threads if they are needed. Kind of sad I registered just to post this after years of lurking, but oh well. A thread named "Venice rumors here please", should have replies that are at least connected to Venice in some way, besides the fact they are both cpu's. Which is what the entire forum is about.
:)

FearlessUser said:
cell_491, I see you preordered a 3700+ San Diego. Do they charge your card now or when it actually ships? I wanna get me one of those, too.
they already charged my account :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back