• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY crap. I've been checking about every 8 hours under the Core drop-down on Newegg... 'bout gosh darn golly time.

Now I'll have to feverishly search for the 3000+. New bookmark! Yippee!
 
ashmedai said:
Has this been posted yet?

Newegg has Venice listed under core now, just not San Diego (yet). And only the one came up so far.

Is that the OEM version? Do retail versions usually take longer to become available?
 
That's the OEM.

The Retail packages will have a later release date. Hopefully not too long now.

*bang*
 
Indeed... 4 days remaining in April. It's very encouraging to see that little fella show up even though we've a ways to go yet.

They forgot to add SSE3 to the feature list...

Not like it makes one monkey's bum worth o' difference.
 
I don't know if i can resist pulling the trigger now.. 3500 is something i'd like to have, and I'm going to overnight it lol, my wallet screams no but my heart cries out for it. Sucks that its OEM too, if it were boxed/retail, my mind would already be made up. I need a venice support group!

i was going to get 3200, but 3500 might yield my 3gighz goal, then again, its prolly not much more likely than a 3200....decisions decisions.
 
Diffrence between SD and Venice.

In the DFI nF4 Mobos the SD doesnt't have CPC control and the Venice has so there is a diffrence in there for sure. Now does any1 know exactly what the difference is and how it affects efficiancy?
 
Don Wong said:
Please remember when considering my opinion, I'm upgrading from a P3 1ghz :eek:

Nevertheless, what I've learned in this forumn, I will by builiding my own stuff, will be much closer to state of the art and at the same cost over a 5-year period vs. purchasing Dell.

And u will have learned a lot on the way :D Welcom to our way of life Bro...

/Fredrik Larsson
M.Sc Business Administration and Economics (not spelling tho:rolleyes: ) - International Business LoL

P.s And btw was the forum down anything latley (almost no post since yesterday)
 
wasn't down for me.. i think it was a typical boring tuesday night

also, just a heads up. i sent off an email to newegg and amd regarding the newark cpu's.. hopefully i can get some real info later today
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
wasn't down for me.. i think it was a typical boring tuesday night

also, just a heads up. i sent off an email to newegg and amd regarding the newark cpu's.. hopefully i can get some real info later today

Welcome back stranger ;) Uve been so quiet today I thought U were sick or on a vacation or so LoL...
 
nah, i've been sleeping. haha, i may seem to always be here, but a guy's gotta get some sleep you know ;)

also, did some digging through newegg. the 3500+ is still the only one they've got in. maybe more tomorrow, or on friday :D
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
nah, i've been sleeping. haha, i may seem to always be here, but a guy's gotta get some sleep you know ;)

also, did some digging through newegg. the 3500+ is still the only one they've got in. maybe more tomorrow, or on friday :D


damn I didnt know you slept! I been without a pc since 4/02 and you were behind me on post and now you got a whole 1,000 post + on top of me, your just as insane as I am, keep up the good work!

Still looking forward to see you in genmay bro. ;)
 
Incidentally, here is the link for ChiefValue. Which isn't the same company as NewEgg. Really. $272 with free shipping on both sites.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
wasn't down for me.. i think it was a typical boring tuesday night

also, just a heads up. i sent off an email to newegg and amd regarding the newark cpu's.. hopefully i can get some real info later today

Yes please let us know! I, like you, am patiently waiting for Newark goodness!
 
i'm not too patient, but yes, i'll post the email when it comes in, if it's worth anything ;)
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i'm not too patient, but yes, i'll post the email when it comes in, if it's worth anything ;)

Dear Mark,

We are grateful for your interest in our products/merchandise, but at this time we are going to pretend to not know what you're talking about and be as unhelpful as possible because we don't have to be.

~Thanks,
Newegg/AMD
 
Are most of the folks here going to snap up the OEM versions of the chips or hang around and wait for retail boxes??

And if you ARE going to jump in on say a 3500+ OEM, what kind of (air) cooling are you planning on attaching?

Not sure I can hang on 3+ more weeks for the retail 3000+s.

Ack-0-rama.
 
ohfreak said:
Are most of the folks here going to snap up the OEM versions of the chips or hang around and wait for retail boxes??

And if you ARE going to jump in on say a 3500+ OEM, what kind of (air) cooling are you planning on attaching?

Not sure I can hang on 3+ more weeks for the retail 3000+s.

Ack-0-rama.

Venice is boring, but if I got one, I wouldnt settle for anything less than an XP90C. I LOVE this cooler. It reduced my temperatures so much over my Zalman CNPS7000. I went from 59C at 1.7v/2.7ghz to never topping 48C while folding. It idles at that voltage and speed at 42C.
 
I can understand why you wouldn't get too worked up over V3nice...

...then again you're already running an A64. Whereas I might as well be running a *C64*.

My mouse is the bitchenest part o' my system, and this is what makes me weep at night. Into my binkie.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
edit: new name. V3n1c3!
Indeed... can't believe that didn't make it in as a poll choice.

\/3/\//<3 !2!@21@1@!21

Ahem.

w/r/t San Diego... credit cards are already hemhorraging wildly. Which is always entertaining.
 
If robber keeps hustling that XP-90C I'm going to get on myself either for this box or for my next build. :D What fan is on that bad boy anyway?
 
yeah, that xp-90c is sweet. i kinda wish i had one, but seeing as i really don't like having this much weigh on my lidless cpu (zalman) i don't think i'll upgrade to the thermalright. i see water in my future :D
 
did it net him any performance gain and cooling gain? what did he use as a heatsink afterwards? wouldnt the removed heatspreader caused the core to not meet the heatsink?
 
*fumes anger*
can someone explain to me how finding out some simple information on a processor can be so difficult? :mad:

amd tech support said:
Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting AMD's Technical Service Center.

Unfortunately, this office can only provide you with technical
specifications for AMD desktop processors only. For information
regarding your mobile AMD processor, please contact your laptop
manufacturer or get in contact with your local sales office
representative provided on the following link:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_3559_710^762,00.html
, for further assistance with this matter. I apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,
Liza
Customer Support Analyst
AMD TSC
 
Specialist[X] said:
anybody pick up that 3500 venice yet from the egg?


Holy cheese and crackers!!! How long has that been there? I stopped looking for them a while ago, but I have not heard one peep of a shipping venice. I had assumined it would be heavliy talked about when it happened. How did that make it under the radar?

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish I had money now, I would order is ASAP if I did.
 
Damn, tech support owned you on that one eclipse. :D

Dammit, I want to start building my new ownage box with either a San Diego or an FX-57.....c'mon new videocards and FX-57. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top