• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not a paper launch though. AMD never made a public announcement about the new cores, thus it wasn't "launched" ;)
 
I think, in the past, they (AMD) have stated that they don't launch Core revisions. They didn't launch the Winchester cores and in that vein they will not launch Rev. E.

It'll come when it comes.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
there is no 3400+ san diego, though there will be a 3500+ san diego with 1/2 the cache disabled (same princible as the 3500+ clawhammer currently)

But that's nonsense. Surely you'd just get a 3500+ Venice then as it and the San Diego would both be identical 3500+'s.......

Right now it sounds like the 3700+ San Diego is the way to go

But the big question!







Do San Diego's run at 1.4vcore like the Venices'????
 
im pretty sure they do. cause the san diego based newark runs at 1.35v's and its a mobile, so im guessing the san diegos will run at 1.4v's
 
winston856 said:
But that's nonsense. Surely you'd just get a 3500+ Venice then as it and the San Diego would both be identical 3500+'s.......
well.. they did it with clawhammer. and they'll do it again with san diego. ;)

and the voltage will be the same, as CCUABIDE said :p
 
yea, im betting theres something else though, cause 2800+ claws with 1/2 cache dont clock as well as 2800+ newcastles. this is confusing though, cause claws were released before newcastles, afaik, but these 2 are getting put out at the same time. there hasta be something different other then just the cache with a venice to a san diego.
 
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
yea, im betting theres something else though, cause 2800+ claws with 1/2 cache dont clock as well as 2800+ newcastles. this is confusing though, cause claws were released before newcastles, afaik, but these 2 are getting put out at the same time. there hasta be something different other then just the cache with a venice to a san diego.
newcastle was a revised clawhammer core wtih 512cache. on the claw core 2800's, half of it was just disabled.
 
I only have enough cash for a 3000+ venice. Do you think it's worth waiting for it, or will the winchester give me the same overclockability?
 
winston856 said:
Wow that's weird.... So the difference would just be in the names then....
almost. the transistors on the clawhammer are still there, just disabled. the core itself is much bigger because of this :D
 
That would hinder overclockability a bit then wouldn't it.... I think it's foolish to do that, just leave the venice to fill in that place and keep the SD's for the 3700+ and 4000+
 
not really, most 3500+ clawhammers oc better than their newcastle counterparts. it all depends on the chip :D
 
hey eclipse, do you know up until now how many posts in total that you have dedicated to this thread? hahah sorry for going off topic. :D
 
277, this one is 278. i think i touched on that topic back before i hit 200. funny how i could technically be a limp gawd just from this thread :D

semi on-topic, turion definitly appears to be made with "slow" transistors. there's no question about it when two people get an MT-34, rated for 2ghz at 1.2v, but can barely do 2.6ghz stable on air.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
semi on-topic, turion definitly appears to be made with "slow" transistors. there's no question about it when two people get an MT-34, rated for 2ghz at 1.2v, but can barely do 2.6ghz stable on air.

That's sad. But then again, we havent seen the ML's yet. Those are more performance oriented.
 
oh boy cant wait. i've been waiting so long that im starting to enjoy life without a PC and have considered selling my main rig :eek:
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
hmm, not too much more expensive either. curses to the US being the last! :( :p
You mean India being the last.. went to speak to my local AMD distro..

Me:"So when's Venice coming to India?"
Him:"Eh? Last I heard gondolas are not feasible here?"
Me, trying to keep my temper in check:"Nope, here.. take a look(Show him AKIBA PC Watch on the computer..)"
Him: "Oh, let me check.."

3 days later, no response yet..
:(
 
Wow, that really burns me up, AMD is located here in the US and we are the largest part of their revanue. Therefore we should be the freaking first people to get the dang chips! It's like they're purposely shipping them across the world to the farthest places possible from us just to spite us or something!!!

GRR! :mad: :mad:





Sorry.....I'm tired.....
 
TechHead said:
You mean India being the last.. went to speak to my local AMD distro..

Me:"So when's Venice coming to India?"
Him:"Eh? Last I heard gondolas are not feasible here?"
Me, trying to keep my temper in check:"Nope, here.. take a look(Show him AKIBA PC Watch on the computer..)"
Him: "Oh, let me check.."

3 days later, no response yet..
:(
ouch, that's a really funny story though. i like the part about gondolas :D:D
 
TechHead said:
Only about $222.00 shipped to the US from this location. So if yer *really* hardup and willing to shell out the extra $60 or so... get 'er done.

;)

Edit: Yikes... resellerratings has these folks at a ZERO POINT EIGHT EIGHT for the last six months. 4 out of 5 reviews actually refer to them in some manner as "clowns." Perhaps I'll hold onto my purse... errrr... wallet for a bit longer. W00!
 
winston856 said:
That would hinder overclockability a bit then wouldn't it.... I think it's foolish to do that, just leave the venice to fill in that place and keep the SD's for the 3700+ and 4000+

Nope its a way for AMD tu sell the San Diegos that has a faulty cache. They disable the half where the fault is and sell it as a 3500+...
 
Wow, at the rate this is going, the Venice and San Diego chips might be released when the DFI Lanparty NF3 AGP board comes out.... Which is the board i'm gonna get with a San Diego.
 
as pointed out in the other thead s939 nf3 lanparty ;)

and i had an interesting scare earlier. there is a 3700+ listed in the mobile athlon64 section of newegg, but it appears to be the DTR :(
 
Slightly OT but,
We are all waiting for the Venice chips to arrive but I was wondering when the next round of Motherboards were coming out.
I have my PCIe video card here and still have to buy a motherboard while waiting for Venice.
I still haven't settled on any one board.
I dislike the layout on almost all of them (wan't to watercool the chipset).
The ones that have decent layouts don't OC as well as the ones don't.
I would hate to buy something now and one week later somthing really nice comes out.
Anybody have any info or heard any rumers on new to be released boards?
 
dsptech said:
Slightly OT but,
We are all waiting for the Venice chips to arrive but I was wondering when the next round of Motherboards were coming out.
I have my PCIe video card here and still have to buy a motherboard while waiting for Venice.
I still haven't settled on any one board.
I dislike the layout on almost all of them (wan't to watercool the chipset).
The ones that have decent layouts don't OC as well as the ones don't.
I would hate to buy something now and one week later somthing really nice comes out.
Anybody have any info or heard any rumers on new to be released boards?

I don't know if you've had an A64 system or not, but, why would you need to watercool the nForce4 chip? It... doesnt need to be watercooled. Theres no memory controller there, and HT links dont get that hot. My nForce3 chip is passively cooled with a dinky aluminum heatsink and runs at about 40C. Not an issue at all.

There's no need for a new board for 939 really unless you're really super picky about layout. However, the companies are super picky about profits, so dont expect custom made boards, haha.
 
Probably more for he noobs on the board - but everyone needs opinion.

The only other board on the horizon that I know of is the ATI Radeon Xpress 200. Its either going to be great :D or inferior to the Nvidia boards :( which really would not suck, because the Nvidias are pretty darn good (with new bios). If the ATI board is significantly better than ATIs, then it will be THE board of the millenium. The DFI LanParty series is really spectacular. I, personally would not wait for the ATI (release date?). I would go DFI DR now at $199 Monarch.

Or, possible MSI Neo Plat with OCZ ram boost. The MSI with OCZ RB or DFI would probably be great choices. However, if your already running over 2.4Ghz OC AMD 64, new mobos (to me) or new chips for that matter don't really matter much with games or work. If your a bench-a-holic that's different. :cool:

Save your money, buy something cool like a new display (or go to Vegas). It will all be in the garbage (worth nothing) in 1 to 2 years anyway.

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir, the choir of which knows alot more about this stuff than I do. However, I'm a finance guy and am just considering within 1-2 years the stuff that will make todays hardware largely obsolete. Finance guys are not given much consideration in the forumn - but thats OK. We are all in one way or another trying to analyze our purchase descisions on a "financial" basis - think about it.

Please remember when considering my opinion, I'm upgrading from a P3 1ghz :eek:

Nevertheless, what I've learned in this forumn, I will by builiding my own stuff, will be much closer to state of the art and at the same cost over a 5-year period vs. purchasing Dell.
 
Has this been posted yet?

Newegg has Venice listed under core now, just not San Diego (yet). And only the one came up so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top