• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just some speculation on my part but I think they may be out already.

My reasoning is as follows....

On monday 3200+ 939's at monarch were going for $166 for retail box.

This was way cheaper than even the oem version. I'd been pricing a 939 system for a while so when I saw that price I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately the pending release of Venice hadn't hit my radar or I would've waited a few more days. :eek:

From what I've been able to pick up the venice should come as retail at first.

As you can see from this link the price is now $194 and the little blurb at the bottom says that you have to have the latest bios or your board won't post. This may have been there all along but I don't remember it.

Also monarch has those "launch partner" links all over the page so it seems they would be one of the first to get new stuff.

all of this is speculative FWIW
 
Specialist[X] said:
watch, we will prob have to end up waiting another month i tell you... :mad:
doubtful :cool:

and glomb, that's a very interesting theory. however, venice has one thing that should set it apart from whinchester, thus create a new sales number: SSE3
also, that note about the bios might be leftover from the days when people first got winchesters and had problems getting the board to post.

that in mind though.. that price drop is rather ominous, isn't it? ;)
 
I forgot to include the link


http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ode=M&Product_Code=120428&Category_Code=AMD64

It still has the winchester product info and part # so I'm sure it's probly a winne but it's fun to contemplate anyway.

I can't believe I ordered my chip two days too soon. I've been looking at prices and stuff for a couple of months. Fedex has my 939 and dfi sli-dr on the truck for delivery today It was ordered monday and shipped tuesday. Maybe I'll get a miracle and it will be a Venice.
 
well from what it looks like, venice won't actually be getting to retail for a while now... though we can always hope ;)

and i think monarch will have a new product listing for it, as it will change from 3x00BIBOX to 3x00BPBOX (BP will indicate venice, BN will be san diego)
 
How long do you think is a while Eclipse? (Almost thinking if its too long to just get a winnie) Though I dont want to.
 
apparently until amd runs out of winchesters.. though i'm not sure of the validity of that (came from a sales rep.. at monarch i believe) and how many winchesters amd really does have left.
i'd give it a week or two.. and we'll see how it goes. though i'm not sure how much longer we can wait. i can count... 4 people i have talked to who have a full computer minus a cpu laying around, just waiting for venice. :eek:
 
I can't believe I ordered my chip two days too soon. I've been looking at prices and stuff for a couple of months. Fedex has my 939 and dfi sli-dr on the truck for delivery today It was ordered monday and shipped tuesday. Maybe I'll get a miracle and it will be a Venice.

That's weird, I, too, ordered a Winchester (3500+) on Monday, and they haven't even shipped my order yet, sort of pissed me off.
 
Popped the hsf off (cant believe how huge it is) and it's a winchester. oh well. It is a cbbhd though so maybe it will oc well. I expected the tim to be soft but it had set up like glue. Hopefully I didn't break the chip or anything. Contact was crappy with lots of little air pockets and a pretty big area with no contact at all so I'm glad I popped it. Warranty gone now anyone?

On the bright side though Jenneth maybe you'll end up with a venice core since it's taking so long. I ordered the chip/board monday at 6:30am cst. At 6pm monday I ordered a powerstream and xp it hasn't shipped yet either.
 
crypt1c.0 said:
How long do you think is a while Eclipse? (Almost thinking if its too long to just get a winnie) Though I dont want to.

If you decide not to wait for Venice i would suggest a 130nm Clawhammer instead of the 90nm Winchester. They have better overclocking potential even though they do run a little hotter. The average overclock for the Clawhammer 3500+ is around 2.6Ghz with a few people hitting 2.8Ghz+ on air.
 
^^ very true.

basically, if you have nice cooling, go for the ADA3500ASBOX
if not, ADA3500BIBOX fow winchester.
or BPBOX for venice.. when it shows up
 
crypt1c.0 said:
How long do you think is a while Eclipse? (Almost thinking if its too long to just get a winnie) Though I dont want to.

Or.... since AMD has been manufacturing the chips, you can come with me tonight to the AMD Warehouse...seriously though, who has the money to buy up all of the winnies? Somebody here must have that kind of money...anybody?
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
^^ very true.

basically, if you have nice cooling, go for the ADA3500ASBOX
if not, ADA3500BIBOX fow winchester.
or BPBOX for venice.. when it shows up

Congradulations [H]ardness Supreme 1 day Like is said! :D


(cf)Eclipse

now get genmay access :cool:
 
someone call AMD....im serious this waiting is super gay, I wonder if they might let us order them directly (i doubt it but you never know)
 
MaMMa said:
now get genmay access :cool:
really? hot, i'll have to go look.
edit: i read that wrong. :D i really should though. $15 for lifetime isn't too bad, i just don't have a paypal account..

and cell, you can do it can't you? i think we all should, see what kind of answers we get :D
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
really? hot, i'll have to go look.
edit: i read that wrong. :D i really should though. $15 for lifetime isn't too bad, i just don't have a paypal account..

and cell, you can do it can't you? i think we all should, see what kind of answers we get :D

huh? a cell? answers for what? I can send the paypal in for ur genmay access if you send me a MO. and its totally worth the money, this is your second home afterall :)
 
he ment me call amd (my scn is cell). I might do that tomorrow ill let you guys know.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i'd give it a week or two.. and we'll see how it goes. though i'm not sure how much longer we can wait. i can count... 4 people i have talked to who have a full computer minus a cpu laying around, just waiting for venice. :eek:

including me ;)
 
burningrave101 said:
If you decide not to wait for Venice i would suggest a 130nm Clawhammer instead of the 90nm Winchester. They have better overclocking potential even though they do run a little hotter. The average overclock for the Clawhammer 3500+ is around 2.6Ghz with a few people hitting 2.8Ghz+ on air.

where are you going to find a 3500+ or lower spec clawhammer w/1mb cache? newegg only has the 4000+ :(

or do they not exist, but only in 512k l2 cache form?

ehhh edit: yea i guess so, since everything 3800+ s939 = l2 512k cache
 
cell_491 said:
he ment me call amd (my scn is cell). I might do that tomorrow ill let you guys know.
i'll email. i hate phones.

spcialist. that makes 5. i'm gonna try to keep count ;)


edit: just emailed newegg. i should have a reply by tomorrow afternoon.. friday at the latest.
 
i emailed them on monday...they sent me an auto response thingy the next day. It said somthing like "it usually takes us 4-6weeks to recieve new products...bla...bla". All i can say is if they wait that long it will be a big mistake for amd
 
cell_491 said:
i emailed them on monday...they sent me an auto response thingy the next day. It said somthing like "it usually takes us 4-6weeks to recieve new products...bla...bla". All i can say is if they wait that long it will be a big mistake for amd

HA, what did i say about waiting for another month, hmmm :rolleyes: ???
 
eclipse, if you are keeping track of people w/ computers put together minus processor, add me to the list... i hate waiting this long.
 
im already on that list i hope...lol. My sexy DFI ultra-d is looking at me and licking her lips just waiting for me to insert my A64 venice slong into her hot empty cpu socket...but i cant because i have been castrated by AMD's sales department.
 
cell_491 said:
im already on that list i hope...lol. My sexy DFI ultra-d is looking at me and licking her lips just waiting for me to insert my A64 venice slong into her hot empty cpu socket...but i cant because i have been castrated by AMD's sales department.

make sure you have some as5, going dry my get someone hurt
 
hey...you got to lighten up sometimes...lol. im sorry if i offended anyone but i just had to put it like that, if only for shits and giggles.
 
it's all cool mate. i just don't have fantasie of my cpu raping the mobo's socket :eek: :eek:












:D
edit: this is waaaaaayyy o/t now.hehehe, frallan's gonna have fun sorting through this mess to find useful info.
 
lol...its not RAPE!! its love making :D that cpu was meant for that socket...it is destiny
 
o man im brain storming, got some great ideas for u kids in a bit.
 
haha, this can't be good

*hides*


as a side note, i'm assuming everyone saw the review of the 3200+ at 2.8ghz, stock voltage, stock cooling?
here
sick.. i want 2.8ghz with 1.4v
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
haha, this can't be good

*hides*


as a side note, i'm assuming everyone saw the review of the 3200+ at 2.8ghz, stock voltage, stock cooling?
here
sick.. i want 2.8ghz with 1.4v


how bad do you want it baby. i bet he had lots of burn in and floor play with that chick.. i mean chip :eek:
 
BADASS!! i wonder how well the 3500+ will oc because thats what im planning on getting...imagine 3ghz with my exos BADASS...my maximum wait limit just went to 2 months :D
 
well the interesting thing is that power draw at the 12v plug went from 132w to 204w when going from 2.0hz to 2.8ghz at stock speeds.
of course, that's ineficient, and the chip is actually putting out a lot less than that, but a 40% increase in clock yeilded a 54.5% increase in power draw. my assumption is that since when circuits heat up, resistance goes down, thus it draws more current, but that's still interesting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top