Uncharted 4

I have a non-gamer friend who is in the market for a PS4, so I think I'm going to sell mine after I make a few Uncharted runthroughs myself. Depending on what the PS4.5 ends up being, I might get another one, and I might not.

I think I may just try to find a used PS4 on CL just for this game, then sell it back and get the 4.5 for Christmas or something. This is really the only game on my radar this year, but I really don't have time to game anymore either. I will always make time for Naughty Dog games though. :D

I got a small yellow package from Amazon today and it was covered in Uncharted 4, like the package was made for UC4.
I was all like "woah, it came early!"
(That's what she said)
But seriously, it was a moms day gift.
Noooooooooo!

Supposedly Amazon will be sending me my PSN code at midnight on the 10th. Hopefully that holds true.

Reviews seem quite impressive, especially in a day and age where Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 average 92 and below on Metacritic. Uncharted 4 averaging 94 and possibly 95 if a few more 10/10s hit is incredible.

Easily a GOTY contender and possibly GOAT material.

My pre purchase on PSN for the Deluxe Edition is standing by. I cannot wait till the 10th.

Oh my god—which jackass at Naughty Dog decided to drop Greg Edmonson for the soundtrack?

Just got an Amazon confirmation that said my item will be available on 5/7. I assume that's just a standard PSN code that won't unlock until the 10th. Still, I like that they're sending it over early. I'm now only at Sony's mercy.

review embargo lifted a few days ago...reviews are pretty much excellent across the board with most calling it a fitting conclusion to the Nathan Drake quadrilogy...apparently it starts out slow but picks up steam around the mid-point...graphics are as expected photorealistic and probably the best looking console game ever made...the reviews all mention less over-the-top-action set pieces and more emotional storytelling...there also seems to be more of an open world feel...overall sounds like a great game...

I have a $50 credit card reward credit I want to use to buy Uncharted 4 from Amazon but they won't let me use the rewards for a pre-order...so looks like I need to wait till it officially is released on Tuesday evening and then order...so it looks like I won't be playing when it unlocks at midnight...so I'll be a few days behind the rest of you

Just got an Amazon confirmation that said my item will be available on 5/7. I assume that's just a standard PSN code that won't unlock until the 10th. Still, I like that they're sending it over early. I'm now only at Sony's mercy.

Where is your faith? What are the chances that PSN will crash on the 10th?

Oh, and I didn't get no code. What the hell.

Where is your faith? What are the chances that PSN will crash on the 10th?

Oh, and I didn't get no code. What the hell.

I got 2 notices about my PSN code yesterday and it finally showed up (on the Amazon account page) around 10PM. Went ahead and did the pre-load overnight. Looks like I'm good to go as long as the PSN doesn't take a dump on the 10th. Stranger things have happened, but I'm confident now :)
Amazon was the weak link in this equation.

Anyone seen any deals on PS4s? Best I can find is the original Uncharted bundle on Monoprice for $329 or a refurb on Best Buy for $300. Annoying after I saw these bundles selling for $300 all Christmas season last year. Local CL deals seem like scams only asking $110 and other bogus prices. I would get the Uncharted 4 bundle Tuesday if it didn't come with that weirdly colored white console. I want to keep everything black in my entertainment center and any special edition themed console just looks lame after a while to me.

Started playing it last night and finished first 2 chapters. A bit slow start but very detailed. Almost a long prologue.
Loving the game thus far. 9/10 for first 2 chapters alone lol.

I got 2 notices about my PSN code yesterday and it finally showed up (on the Amazon account page) around 10PM. Went ahead and did the pre-load overnight. Looks like I'm good to go as long as the PSN doesn't take a dump on the 10th. Stranger things have happened, but I'm confident now :)
Amazon was the weak link in this equation.

Duh, yeah, you ordered the digital edition. I ordered the hardcopy.
Shipping today, to be delivered tomorrow. How the hell they do that I don't know.

So nice to get the game I bought the PS4 for in the first place. I am avoiding all news review etc. I actively divert my eyes whenever I see anyone say anything. :)

I preordered the Digital Deluxe Edition on PSN and also ordered the 119.99 Collectors Edition from Amazon last September. I plan on keep the Collectors Edition sealed and stored away. Hopefully the market for it will give a return in 3-5 years who knows.

Amazon applied the Prime discount making it 98 bucks shipped.

I am hyped as all hell for the game, my favorite series by far. TLOU is right there with it but it's not a series yet :p.

I preordered the Digital Deluxe Edition on PSN and also ordered the 119.99 Collectors Edition from Amazon last September. I plan on keep the Collectors Edition sealed and stored away. Hopefully the market for it will give a return in 3-5 years who knows.

Amazon applied the Prime discount making it 98 bucks shipped.

I am hyped as all hell for the game, my favorite series by far. TLOU is right there with it but it's not a series yet :p.

I hear ya bro, feels like a holiday is coming up :)

Ugh. Hope Amazon packed my CE well. Shipped it in the same box with a 44lb bag of lawn fertilizer I ordered last week...

Hard to imagine you could ever sell it for significantly more than you paid.

Are any US retailers breaking the street date on this game ? Would love to start playing today.

Hard to imagine you could ever sell it for significantly more than you paid.

Are any US retailers breaking the street date on this game ? Would love to start playing today.

I don't doubt it but sometimes those collector editions increase in value if stored away unopened.

I don't doubt it but sometimes those collector editions increase in value if stored away unopened.

If you assume a rate of inflation of around 4% and you sold it at 5 years you would need to sell it for more than $144.78 to even make money.

Picked up a new PS4 today and am about done preloading the game. Tempted to call in sick tomorrow :D

Wife would be pissed though, she wants to watch me play through it.

A Technical Look At What Makes Uncharted 4 So Pretty

Uncharted 4 is, without a doubt, the best-looking video game I’ve ever played...here’s an in-depth analysis of how the folks at Naughty Dog pulled it off...the good people at Digital Foundry put together this semi-spoilery video—don’t watch it unless you want to see some of the locations and set-pieces in Uncharted 4—that digs into the faces, the lighting, the physics, and all of the other technical elements that make Naughty Dog’s latest game look so spectacular...

Tech Analysis: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Got a disc through local distributor early. Even Doom and Homefront are available but I did not indulge.

A Technical Look At What Makes Uncharted 4 So Pretty

Uncharted 4 is, without a doubt, the best-looking video game I’ve ever played...here’s an in-depth analysis of how the folks at Naughty Dog pulled it off...the good people at Digital Foundry put together this semi-spoilery video—don’t watch it unless you want to see some of the locations and set-pieces in Uncharted 4—that digs into the faces, the lighting, the physics, and all of the other technical elements that make Naughty Dog’s latest game look so spectacular...

Tech Analysis: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Great article. Thanks.

So far so good thus far. Not sure the intro is quite as "epic" as the one from the 2nd game, but it's impressive. Graphics are killer. I'd be lying if I didn't say that the 30fps thing wasn't a drawback, but that's just par for the course with this generation of consoles. Smoothmotion helps a bit.
I'm not far, but it's definitely as much "Last of Us" as Uncharted. Everything is more deliberate, the icons illustrate points of interest, and the controls are more in line with that game. After years of reloading with R1 or R2, I have a feeling I'm going to toss a lot of grenades by accident.

So far so good thus far. Not sure the intro is quite as "epic" as the one from the 2nd game, but it's impressive. Graphics are killer. I'd be lying if I didn't say that the 30fps thing wasn't a drawback, but that's just par for the course with this generation of consoles. Smoothmotion helps a bit.
I'm not far, but it's definitely as much "Last of Us" as Uncharted. Everything is more deliberate, the icons illustrate points of interest, and the controls are more in line with that game. After years of reloading with R1 or R2, I have a feeling I'm going to toss a lot of grenades by accident.

Thanks for the "on the spot" report.
Mine is supposed to be delivered by end of day today. Bah.

PS. I hate you.

anyone playing yet?

Just got back from gamestop. I'm downloading the 5GB update file as I type. I had a lot of fun with Uncharted 2 MP. I skipped 3. Wasn't sure if I was going to buy 4, but all the positive reviews and hype over the graphics was too much to resist.

Damn mine is sitting on my doorstep. 3 more hours of work :(.

Think I'm going to finish U2 and U3 remastered before delving into U4, if I can somehow maintain discipline. My wife packed her shit up and left last night, so at least I shouldn't have any distractions.

Damn mine is sitting on my doorstep. 3 more hours of work :(.

Think I'm going to finish U2 and U3 remastered before delving into U4, if I can somehow maintain discipline. My wife packed her shit up and left last night, so at least I shouldn't have any distractions.

An empty house and UC4? You da man. Can I come over your house?

I just scored the day off for tomorrow. First time ever I took a day off for a game. Truthfully I am going to do some work on the house as well but it is game on....

Oh great just saw my UPS tracking shows I am not getting it till "tomorrow end of day"
Fucking bastards.

So, I'm about an hour or so in. It's VERY clearly inspired by the Last of Us. It actually feels like the first 6 chapters are nothing but an intro.
It's great, but sometimes games like this can feel like they never really get going until you look around and you're at the end. I'm hoping the actual game kicks in soon. It's a neat story and yes, the characters are certainly interacting a lot more. However, it's been an RPG with about 10 minutes of action and 15 minutes of platforming so far. Very different from the first 3.

So, I'm about an hour or so in. It's VERY clearly inspired by the Last of Us. It actually feels like the first 6 chapters are nothing but an intro.
It's great, but sometimes games like this can feel like they never really get going until you look around and you're at the end. I'm hoping the actual game kicks in soon. It's a neat story and yes, the characters are certainly interacting a lot more. However, it's been an RPG with about 10 minutes of action and 15 minutes of platforming so far. Very different from the first 3.

Yeah that is great.

PS hate you even more.

Had to go through a couple Indian Customer service reps and I was so enraged I nearly choked. After the 3rd call I got....an American customer service rep.......

Now I got the digital edition for free and can keep the hardcopy when it gets here.

Yeah, there ya go bitchezzzz. Hang in there PSN I am almost there.

b5GeK3K.jpg

I'm up to the party inside the mansion. So far, the gameplay has been a little underwhelming. Half the game has been cinematic scenes. All of the quick time like events in melee, the grappling hook and some of the jumps seem unrealistic. I feel like spider-man. The shooting is ok, I guess. What little of it there has been. The graphics are quite pretty, the foliage in the jungle areas especially.

Back