Uncharted 4

This is finally THE game that separates the current gen from last gen. Lots of games have looked a bit better, but this one is night and day better...and the old games looked great to begin with.
I'm unbelievably hyped for this. Got my PSN code pre-ordered on Amazon and ready to go.

I am sure ND spared no expense in fully utilizing the PS4 hardware. With no console parity BS to worry about and a bit of an Uncharted swan song I expect it will be pretty awesome.

I am sure ND spared no expense in fully utilizing the PS4 hardware. With no console parity BS to worry about and a bit of an Uncharted swan song I expect it will be pretty awesome.

Agreed. I honestly didn't like Uncharted 3 but loved 2 and I love the gameplay, story, characters... I have so many games preordered that are coming out within the next 3 months I was going to wait on this one until later but after the latest trailer I had to get it. So i'll be broke for the next couple months that's for sure.

This game is going to be GOAT material.

Uncharted 4 seems to be the first game where there is a real sense of next gen finally coming around. Blood borne was close.

This game is going to be GOAT material.

Uncharted 4 seems to be the first game where there is a real sense of next gen finally coming around. Blood borne was close.

I haven't played bloodborne because everyone says it is too hard and I am a pussy.

Uncharted 4 Open Beta Stress Test starts today

How do I access the Beta?
You can download it straight from the PSN store

Do I have to own a copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection?
No, you do not. You only need to own a PS4.

Is PS+ required
No, it is not required

How many modes?
Just Team Deathmatch

What's the frame rate and resolution?
900p and 60FPS

How long will the beta last?
Start: March 4th, 2016, at 9:00 AM Pacific
End: March 6th, 2016, at 11:59 PM Pacific

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Beta is actually pretty fun. Enjoying it so far.

With the special abilties you can buy, I like the fact that each time you buy a specific special, it gets pricier. This is a huge plus as people can't spam the rpg all day.
Very nice.

Last edited:
At least the delay is a short one. With Dark Souls 3 hitting a couple weeks prior, I'm okay with it.

The Making of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End -- Pushing Technical Boundaries

wow the game looks absolutely stunning on every level...Naughty Dog has really outdone themselves with this...the crown jewel of any console...I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne but Uncharted 4 looks to be on that same level...can't wait...

today Sony released 15 minutes of in-game footage from Uncharted 4...as expected it looks amazing...this will no doubt harness the full power of the PS4 and be the crown jewel of console exclusives...

SO5855_PS4C_UC4_LE_PRESS_MM011.jpg

This is ugly as hell. The colors look like they are for some flight sim game.

[QUOTE="Megalith, post: 1042231213, member: 142554]

This is ugly as hell. The colors look like they are for some flight sim game.[/QUOTE]

Kind of looks like a Clint Eastwood productions or one of Liam Neeson movie previews. Agreed ugly as hell.

Well I just preordered UC4. The first preorder I have done in, well, over a decade I think.

With Amazon prime the preorder price was only 47$ pretty sweet......

Well I just preordered UC4. The first preorder I have done in, well, over a decade I think.

With Amazon prime the preorder price was only 47$ pretty sweet......

I think the game is going to be pretty special so there's no real risk in pre-ordering this...with the Last of Us people in charge of the story I'm sure the game will more then live up to the hype

I think the game is going to be pretty special so there's no real risk in pre-ordering this...with the Last of Us people in charge of the story I'm sure the game will more then live up to the hype

Oh yeah, I basically bought the PS4 for this very game. And for Hot Shots Golf which is still in dev.

Oh yeah, I basically bought the PS4 for this very game. And for Hot Shots Golf which is still in dev.

This is according to Naughty Dog’s communications director Arne Meyer. Meyer made this lofty claim about Uncharted 4 in a recent interview with PlayStation Espana, stating:

“In my personal opinion, this is our strongest beginning, opening sequence for games since The Last of Us, which was obviously very emotional. But I think this is probably one of the best opening sequences as well. That feeling of wanting to keep playing and wanting to know where it goes continues the entire game.”

I am ready, just finished 1,2 & 3 all in a row in the collection. Had a blast! Hated the flaming dudes at the end. I think they are a great series and look forward to U4.

Uncharted 2's opening is also pretty epic. If this is on par with TLoU and Uncharted 2, we have something pretty amazing to look forward to.
I don't think there's any risk pre-buying this one, at least if there's an incentive.

I hear Uncharted 4 is the longest game in the series as well which is great news...May 10th can't come soon enough

Last edited:
Maybe hard to tell on this crappy work laptop monitor, but the graphics don't look all that impressive. The details are great, but still looks kind of PS3ish to me.

That said, I'm not a graphics whore. As long as the gameplay is really good then that's all that matters.

final Uncharted 4 trailer...kinda short at 37 seconds but I'm still hyped for the game...can't wait to see how Nate's journey ends...

LOL, If I were offered one I dunno if I could turn it down. I'm so hyped for this I even took the 10th off of work :p
I did the pre-pay for a digital download via Amazon to save some $ a few months ago.

I was just wondering. Will gaming suck after UC4?

After Breaking Bad ended I couldn't watch TV for a while. I think I ended up watching all 258 Episodes of Frasier on Netflix because I couldn't face any other TV.
Also, after TLOU I found it hard to pick up another game.

UC4 is going to be like spending a weekend with the most perfect woman ever...
Will UC4 effectively make all of us gaming impotent?

Not enough Hype going around for this game I think.

I was just wondering. Will gaming suck after UC4?

After Breaking Bad ended I couldn't watch TV for a while. I think I ended up watching all 258 Episodes of Frasier on Netflix because I couldn't face any other TV.
Also, after TLOU I found it hard to pick up another game.

UC4 is going to be like spending a weekend with the most perfect woman ever...
Will UC4 effectively make all of us gaming impotent?

Not enough Hype going around for this game I think.

the Uncharted series is an excellent one but to me it's not a transcendent game where there is nothing else like it on the market...to me the Dark Souls series is transcendent...same with Witcher...there are similar games to Uncharted...the rebooted Tomb Raider series compares very favorably to it...I'm sure Uncharted 4 will be excellent though and it's my 2nd most anticipated game of 2016 (behind Dark Souls 3)

I don't know if the Uncharted games actually do anything particularly unique. Cover shooting, platforming, and treasure hunting have been done by plenty of other games.
I just think they have a level of polish and tell a better story than the others do. They also combine those elements better than the others.
I like the new Tomb Raider games, but they're a little rough around the edges. Uncharted not being a sandbox game gives them the ability to direct how things play out a lot better.
I've got the 10th off of work and plan to play the game beginning to end if I can.

I don't know if the Uncharted games actually do anything particularly unique. Cover shooting, platforming, and treasure hunting have been done by plenty of other games.
I just think they have a level of polish and tell a better story than the others do. They also combine those elements better than the others.
I like the new Tomb Raider games, but they're a little rough around the edges. Uncharted not being a sandbox game gives them the ability to direct how things play out a lot better.
I've got the 10th off of work and plan to play the game beginning to end if I can.

This is the truth, and is the truth with most "good" games. They don't usually do anything in particular that hasn't been done before in terms of gameplay but they tend to borrow elements from other games and takes those pieces and makes something extraordinary out of them. It's how I see Naughty Dog... everything they have done has been done before but they just do those same things exceptionally well. When things are done WELL... I tend to not compare.

exactly... polish polish more polish... and storytelling..

hah uncharted's mechanics are soooooo simple.. yet the game is so compelling. also, that studio knows how to optimize the code for the PSx system the best, out of any other company imho.

Quite possibly the most anticipated game of 2016. I will pay big bucks to get it early even.

Sadly I will have to wait to play this, as it would be utterly stupid for me to buy a PS4 now when an upgraded version is coming.

^I am utterly stupid and bought one a couple days ago just to play this. :)

I didn't like Uncharted 3 at all... playing it felt like a chore. But 2 and TLOU were probably my two favorite games from last gen, so I'm hoping 4 is closer to those.

Back