TPCast Pre-Order?

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone have the link for the TPCast Preorder in the US? can't find it anymore.. the microsoft store lists it as Page not Found

I found the same thing so I went into a MS store and they could no longer pull it up. I called sales support and was told the pre-orders sold out so the page was taken down. Once the pre-orders are fulfilled and MS has actual stock to sell the page will be put back up on MS Store.

Having dealt with MS Store in the past I will believe it when I see it.

I am curious if anyone has ordered the TPCast off the Chinese Vive site. They had stock last night.

TPCast site is still sold out.

Last edited:
Either this is the hottest item ever or they are having horrible supply problems

I pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago. It still shows as "processing", so I'm wondering if I'll actually get it.

Mine also still shows as "processing" and there is no way to contact anyone for a status. States should ship on the 25th, which is now 3 days ago

I had to "Google" for a phone number and got 1 (877) 696-7786 - Microsoft store support.

I'm told they are looking into it and said they have about 50-ish calls regarding the same item. They said I should get an email by mid week stating what the status is and what is happening. Granted this was after I asked to speak with a supervisor because the "level 1" rep was trying to tell me, pending order that meant I needed to place the order again.....

The original date cited on that now-gone page was September 25th. My order shows to still be in processing.

I called MS order support twice and got hung up on both times....

Oh rad... looks like we are all in the same boat. I so want to cancel my order, but I also really want to VR wire-free. I get it if its supply issues, what I don't get is the lack of communication.

So I finally got through to MS about the order. They said they would call me back without 24 hours with an explanation as to what is going on with shipping the TPCast.

Just chatted with someone at TPCAST. New release date is Mid Nov. See chat below.

Vivian I'm sorry to tell you but as of now the release date of the TPCast Equipment in the US market was moved to the middle of November 2017. I hope this enlightens you.
https://www.tpcastvr.com

Just received the following email saying my order has been cancelled.

Hi James

Please be aware that we identified an issue that caused an oversell in pre-orders for the TPCAST Wireless Adapter for HTC Vive. Unfortunately, the product is out of stock and will no longer be offering this item for purchase, this order will be cancelled by the system due to the inconvenience you will be getting a second email with a compensation soon, there is no time set for the email to be received however it will be done as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincere apologize regarding this issue.

With Kind Regards,

Microsoft Store follow up support​

Wow - No delaying tactic, or option to hold your order, rolling it over to be wait-listed for future fulfillment. They just flat out cancelled on you. That's harsh.

Tpcast has just been one been horrible launch. Lots of press early on and then nothing and they even missed their own launch day. Really makes me second guess if they are going to be in this for the long haul as a company or if the tpcast will launch and then just fade away

Boooooooooooooooooooooo..

Dear Microsoft Store Customer,

Thank you for your recent pre-order of the TPCAST Wireless Adapter for HTC VIVE from Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, this product was not available September 25th as we initially indicated. We anticipate that it will not be available until later this year. As a result, we will have to cancel your pre-order for now. Please check back at microsoftstore.com for updates on availability.

We are sorry about the inconvenience. To help make it right, we would like to offer you a $25 gift card to spend on devices, games, apps, software, movies, and more at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. Click here to redeem your gift card now.*

If you have any questions, call us at 1-877-696-7786, and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you for shopping at Microsoft Store.

Sincerely,
The Microsoft Store Team

I'm betting they are have ng problems getting fcc certification. That kind of bandwidth only fits in the unlicensed spectrum and can create and be subject to a lot of noise issues.

Well, I guess there simply isn't a lot of precedence for a short range transceiver that's pumping out that kind of bandwidth in a home consumer product. They are treading all kinds of new ground and there's probably a lot of issues to work through to include the FCC. They must have hit a pretty solid roadblock, prompting the need to cancel all orders in that they aren't going to be making product deliveries to the US any time soon.

I'm betting they are have ng problems getting fcc certification. That kind of bandwidth only fits in the unlicensed spectrum and can create and be subject to a lot of noise issues.

Well, I guess there simply isn't a lot of precedence for a short range transceiver that's pumping out that kind of bandwidth in a home consumer product. They are treading all kinds of new ground and there's probably a lot of issues to work through to include the FCC. They must have hit a pretty solid roadblock, prompting the need to cancel all orders in that they aren't going to be making product deliveries to the US any time soon.

They got FCC certification back on August 3rd.

https://fccid.io/2AL8N-TX001

Who knows, my guess would be Chinese company working with 60GHz PC related transmission -- IP issues and got a cease and desist letter from a/several US patent holders when their FCC approval came through. Working out licensing could take an indeterminate amount of time. If you look at the patents in that field, it is quite crowded so easy to infringe one without realizing it until informed unless you have an active IP department, which a Chinese company would be less likely to have.

"What do you mean 'long term exposure risks'......FIDDLESTICKS......we're just having yield problems..."

359c76fa5c589f18fcbb3aa6779be8d3.jpg

Funny, but at the power levels involved, I seriously doubt there is anything health-wise with the TPcast to worry about. They would have surfaced long ago with all the other crap we have bouncing around in our homes/lives these days (WiFi, cellular, bluetooth, wireless chargers, radio, tv, etc.)

It's either patent issues or production/supplier woes. Designing crap in a lab is one thing, but ramping it up to large volume production is quite another.

Dear HTC,

With all that cash you just got from Google, please buy TPCast and just integrate it.

Thanks,
Everyone That Ever Bought a Vive and Tripped Over Their Own Cords

If it's an American IP/FCC thing couldn't we just buy them direct from China? Wouldn't this most likely make it a supply chain issue since we can't seem to buy them anywhere?

I'm just asking before anyone gets too upset.

If you look at the ebay link I posted above. you can get them now for around $499 from China vs the 299 they where selling on the MS store.

If it's an American IP/FCC thing couldn't we just buy them direct from China? Wouldn't this most likely make it a supply chain issue since we can't seem to buy them anywhere?

I'm just asking before anyone gets too upset.

Customs won’t allow it to be imported into the US and will hold and send it back. Unless they don’t inspect it and it makes it through.

Customs won’t allow it to be imported into the US and will hold and send it back. Unless they don’t inspect it and it makes it through.
Isn't this similar to jerseys and a lot of the IP protected goods? Or would this create additional screening because of its electronic nature?

I have no idea. Obviously, customs can’t open every box that flows through. I’ve read posts from others that ordered goods from China that didn’t have an FCC logo or meet FCC certification requirements and was sent back.

That’s awesome. Makes me want to wait this one out until intel gets theirs out

Had a friend in China buy one for me and ship it DHL. Totaled about $350. It works fine but is still a lot of gear. Battery life is about 3 hours. Better than constantly being wrapped up in cables.

Had a friend in China buy one for me and ship it DHL. Totaled about $350. It works fine but is still a lot of gear. Battery life is about 3 hours. Better than constantly being wrapped up in cables.
Cables? Which VR has multiple cables? Glad my Rift only has 1.

Back