Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

The rebels are fucking idiots. Why do they put their radios in completely indefensible positions? I hate radio missions. You don't even have time to find a defensible position after turning the damn thing on, and there is often no high ground or if there is high ground then it is the direction from which the enemies are coming. Or if you manage to find a defensible position you can be 100% sure you won't have a line of sight towards the radio.

Sometimes I accidentally shoot some of them. ;)

The rebels are fucking idiots. Why do they put their radios in completely indefensible positions? I hate radio missions. You don't even have time to find a defensible position after turning the damn thing on, and there is often no high ground or if there is high ground then it is the direction from which the enemies are coming. Or if you manage to find a defensible position you can be 100% sure you won't have a line of sight towards the radio.

I'm more annoyed at having to tag supplies that the rebels are sleeping right next to. Get off your lazy ass and take them away...

Or how they show up to the fight and just walk around not doing anything lol.

They definitely have been in my way almost every time I shoot, though I am shooting at them as much as I am the Cartel or Unidad lol.
Squad also has a tendency to run in front of you just as you're pulling the trigger to to take out someone. Especially inside buildings. You peek out the doorway aim at the enemy and all you see is your idiot looming into the picture, the shoot is blocked and the enemy shoots you in the head instead.

Title Update 4: Patch Notes

Greetings Ghosts,

Below, you will find the patch notes for Title Update 4, which will be available on May 17 at approximately 9AM UTC for PC, and May 18 at approximately 9AM UTC for consoles. Similar to previous updates, TU4 will include a brief maintenance period to update servers for the new version. The patch will be up to 7.2 GB PC depending on your client, and up to 9.0 GB on consoles, depending on your installed version; again, an in-game notification will alert players to the availability of the update. A game reboot will be required to apply the patch, and players will need to have the same version of the game in order to play co-op.

Title Update 4 draws much of its focus from player feedback, including several quality of life changes for co-op and solo play and a suite of new HUD and UI options. Co-op players will be able to alert their squad mates when dying, and tagged resource crates will be granted to every teammate in the collecting player’s zone. Downed players will redeploy at the mission starting point, rather than at a random location in the world, and there is now a brief window of time to take down an alerted enemy before a stealth mission is failed.

Title Update 4 will also usher in season two of the Live Season Challenges, with a new focus, new challenges, and new rewards! Additionally, Challenges will now include some additional gameplay parameters such as difficulty or HUD settings. You can follow along with the new episodes at the Ghost Recon Network.

A new round of improvements and bug-fixes will be implemented with this patch. For example, the introductory Kingslayer video no longer triggers upon launch, and full magazines are no longer consumed when a suppressor is applied to a weapon in the gunsmith menu.

Finally, Title Update 4 paves the way for the upcoming Fallen Ghosts DLC, first announced here. Stay on the lookout for more intel about Fallen Ghosts, coming soon.

You can follow along with which issues are currently being investigated on our official forumsKnown Issues list.

HUD AND UI IMPROVEMENTS

Improvements to the HUD include splitting several broad HUD options into a wider variety of more granular options. Please note that some of these were already implemented on the TU 3.5 update for PC, but are now fully and officially implemented across all platforms:

-“Contextual Actions” has been split from “Input Reminders”

grw_tu4_patchnotes_contextual_actions_after_1061x628_290739.jpg

-The “Markers” HUD option has been split into six distinct types of markers, each of which can be toggled on or off —"Objective markers", "communication markers" "enemy/rebels markers" "Item & location markers" "sync shot" "alert markers"

grw_tu4_patchnotes_markers_communication_markers_after1061x628_290741.jpg

-A new option has been introduced to toggle detection clouds on the minimap

grw_tu4_patchnotes_detection_clouds_1061x628_290740.jpg

Additionally, deactivating the Sync Shot HUD markers will no longer prevent your AI teammates from using the Sync Shot ability! These improvements, and more, are listed below.

MISSIONS/NARRATION

-In "Nidia's Cash" :

-Fixed a bug where the rebels wouldn't follow the player

-Fixed a bug where the player couldn't interact with the laptop again after being killed while using it

-In "Madre Coca" :

-Fixed a bug where the rebels wouldn't enter their cars if affected by external stimuli

-In "General Baro" :

-Fixed a bug where killing the general before reaching the meeting point would not result in a game over, preventing player progression

-In "The Bank Heist" :

-Fixed a bug where the wrong path would be displayed on the GPS

-In "The Mole" :

-Fixed a bug where the mission couldn't progress if the Mole was affected by an external stimuli

-Fixed a bug where the player would be prompted with "Mission Failed" after triggering a Rebellion Rising convoy while having another main mission active

-Fixed various other triggers preventing or disrupting mission completion

USER INTERFACE

-The Kingslayer intro video no longer triggers at each boot

-Fixed a bug where HUD elements would appear greyed-out when activating HDR

-Fixed a bug where the wrong character would be displayed when selecting a different save slot

-Fixed a bug where an incorrect maintenance time would be displayed in the notifications

-Added new options in the HUD settings :

-"Input reminders" was split into "Input reminders" and "contextual actions"

-"Markers" was split into "Objective markers," "communication markers," "enemy/rebels markers," "Item & location markers," "sync shot," and "alert markers"

-Added "Detection clouds" - the players can now turn off the enemy detection clouds on the MINIMAP

-Fixed a bug where the difficulty setting would change for each save slot instead of remembering -player preferences for every slot

-Fixed a bug where the "NEW" marker would remain active on already-owned inventory items

-Added in-game time & latitude/longitude information to the tacmap

-Fixed a gunsmith bug where the attachments would appear offset

CO-OP

-Fixed a bug where players couldn't finish the final mission if hot-joining after the first mission steps have been completed by another player

-Fixed a bug where only the host would have a GPS trail in the first mission

-Added the possibility for players to warn their teammates that they’re down

-Players will now redeploy at the mission starting point when dying instead of respawning randomly in the world

GAMEPLAY

-Fixed a gunsmith bug where the player couldn't edit any other weapon than the last used

-Fixed a bug where the rebel skills would re-lock if entering main menu during cooldown

-Fixed a bug where the helicopters wouldn't attack the rebel radios when the player is hiding

-Fixed a bug where equipping a suppressor in the gunsmith would consume a full magazine when returning in-game

-Players can now equip the handgun by double-tapping the button even when all weapons are holstered

-Fixed a bug where the AI teammates couldn't perform a sync shot when markers where deactivated in the HUD

-Fixed diversion grenades not working when the enemies are investigating the player's position

-Fixed a bug where resources could be tagged twice if killed while claiming them

-Resource crates are now granted upon collection to every teammate in the player's zone

-Improved aim consistency when shooting behind cover

-Fixed a bug where NPCs wouldn't detect the player when swimming next to them

-Rebel skills now have separate cooldowns timers

-In stealth missions, players now have a short time to kill alerted enemies to avoid failing the mission

-Challenges now include different goals based on difficulty and HUD settings

-Fixed a bug where the Unidad would stop spawning even if the alert level is still active

-Fixed a bug where the SVD sniper scopes would be misaligned when switching between zoomed in and over the shoulder

AUDIO

- Fixed some NPC Dialogue barks:

- Incoming Grenade

- Entering combat

- Chopper down

- Added some NPC Dialogue barks:

- Destroying alarm panel

- Chopper reinforcement incoming

-Radios will remain on/off from vehicle to vehicle according to the last player input

-Fixed a bug where picking up a medal could trigger the same dialogue twice in the same session

-Fixed a bug where the "missile incoming" sound would remain active when the player jumped from the helicopter

-Fixed a bug where no SFX would be played when equipping suppressors

GRAPHICS

-Various animations polished

-Various camera transitions polished

-Fixed a bug where dead enemies' weapons would get stuck in walls

WORLD

-Fixed several walls through which the players could be spotted and shot

-Fixed several spots where the player could get stuck or fall through the map

-Fixed a bug where traffic vehicles would sink into the ground or jump when crossing bridges

-Repositioned some items that were impossible to pick up

-Something was seen roaming the mountains

STABILITY

-Fixed various crashes

-Fixed various connectivity issues

NARCO ROAD

-Fixed an issue where perma-boost from SP was not available on PS4

-Fixed a bug where the player would lose main game progression when entering the DLC

-Fixed a bug where one player driving an air spray plane could trigger another player's air spray

-Fixed a bug where using nitro for an extended period of time could create graphical corruption

-Fixed a bug where an air spray activity could fail with no reason

-Fixed a bug where the spy percentage would not progress after a mission failure

-Fixed a bug where the activity vehicles would only spawn for the first player

-Fixed various crashes

-Fixed various installation bugs

-Fixed various network bugs

PC-ONLY BUG FIXES

-Fixed an issue where if the user would turn on Left Handed mode in the Keyboard and Mouse menu, the Fast Travel option would no longer work

-Fixed an issue where the detection gauge and the damage direction arrow would still be displayed on screen after hiding the HUD

-Fixed an issue where the reward icons in the Challenges menu page would not be correctly displayed

-Fixed an issue where the game would display a black screen on AMD hardware when using the Eyefinity setup in full screen mode

-Fixed an issue where the game would auto restart itself after selecting Quit to Desktop from Narco Road DLC

-Fixed an issue where the 360 screenshots made with NVIDIA Ansel while having the thermal vision ON, would display graphical corruptions

-Fixed an issue where the PS4 controller would lose its vibration during gameplay

-Fixed an issue where the game language would change itself after a game restart on Steam

We are grateful for your continued passion for Ghost Recon Wildlands. The development team will continue working on the game to bring you more updates in the future.

For more intel on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, please keep an eye on ghostrecon.com and be sure to visit our official forums as well as the subreddit.

To keep track of your stats and find other Ghosts to join your Taskforce, log-in to the Ghost Recon Network and download the Ghost Recon HQ App (iOS - Android).

YEEEESSS!

This Fallen Ghosts DLC is the continuation of the main game in essence. Much more worthwhile across the boards. Get it!

This second DLC helps wash the taste of the first one out of my mouth. So far so good, and performance seems to have improved again. Dunno if it's new nvidia drivers or changes to the game itself but i have noticed a difference.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
This second DLC helps wash the taste of the first one out of my mouth. So far so good, and performance seems to have improved again. Dunno if it's new nvidia drivers or changes to the game itself but i have noticed a difference.

I could be nuts but I feel like there's some more enhanced weather and a smidge more eye candy in this as well.

I could be nuts but I feel like there's some more enhanced weather and a smidge more eye candy in this as well.

I dont have the DLC but I have noticed improvements like that in the regular game. More dirt sticking more dynamically to cars and such. Probably tweaking the engine for Far Cry 5 and such but it really looks much better now.

like this
The radio missions are the WORST. I don't even do them, I've attempted plenty of them but they are mostly impossible. Complete waste of time, I have all of the other rebel options maxed out except for those.

like this
With the rebels, all I cared about was maxing out the "hired guns" option because sometimes I needed cannon fodder and mass sweeps when Unidad would get big on me. ;)

Once in a while the mortar was useful and after that I really never bother with them.

Spoiler about ending of main campaign:

Without spoiling it: That lead in to the end of the main campaign made me feel justified and vindicated that I hadn't spent a lot of time and effort in that direction anyways. The rebels essentially turn on you at the end and I was fine with that.

The radio missions are the WORST. I don't even do them, I've attempted plenty of them but they are mostly impossible. Complete waste of time, I have all of the other rebel options maxed out except for those.

It's best to completely ignore the route suggested in many situations, and go on a motorcycle/jeep offroad or a helicopter. The suggested GPS routes are often horrible and will take much longer than needed to get there. I have recently 100% the game and yes, the radio tower ones were the most annoying but still not that bad.

Yeah, SOP for my group with the radio towers was to find a chopper before starting them. Makes it infinitely easier. The defend the transmitter missions generally suck.

Yeah, SOP for my group with the radio towers was to find a chopper before starting them. Makes it infinitely easier. The defend the transmitter missions generally suck.

I actually enjoyed these. Proper planning like putting C4/mines on all the routes cars can come and ordering guys / rebels to the right spots makes most of these a piece of cake. One of the very few times that I failed, I shot down a helicopter and it LANDED ON THE RADIO. I wasn't even mad, laughed too hard.

I simply ignore defend radio missions. They're useless. Of course now that I have a grenade launcher it would'be infinitely easier to do them as I can just instakill them in the cars. But There is plenty of other things to do in the game.I don't really do any rebel support missions either way. as the rebels are mostly useless anyway.

Yesterday I got so mad at the game. I landed on top of a petroleum tank and the railing on it's sides was impossible to cross. The game wouldn't offer the prompt to climb it. So I was trapped there for all eternity. And I only realized this after killing a few dozen unidad, cartel and at least 5 choppers.

They can milk this for a long time if they put out more Fallen Ghosts caliber DLC and additional content. Very happy with it.

They can milk this for a long time if they put out more Fallen Ghosts caliber DLC and additional content. Very happy with it.
Need to check it out. Can't get my usual co-op buddies interested in this game.

Yesterday I got so mad at the game. I landed on top of a petroleum tank and the railing on it's sides was impossible to cross. The game wouldn't offer the prompt to climb it. So I was trapped there for all eternity. And I only realized this after killing a few dozen unidad, cartel and at least 5 choppers.

There are a ton of areas that you should be able to climb but they restricted it :( I love the gopher holes you fall into and cannot get out of lol.

There are a ton of areas that you should be able to climb but they restricted it :( I love the gopher holes you fall into and cannot get out of lol.
I don't think it's an intentional restriction, only a level design error. I suspect they had to manually set the climbamble / non-climbable flag on each object and they forgot some. Most likely the ones at locations they didn't think someone would end up at. But in a game with helicopters you can literally end up anywhere. Including falling out of the terrain below.

They would add something to be sure but honestly? I've played this game solo 99 percent of the time and I've gotten plenty of fun out of it.
This game is so far the most pleasant surprise of the year. Much like XCOM2 was last year. It'd be tough to knock it off from being my prime candidate for game of the year.

This game is so far the most pleasant surprise of the year. Much like XCOM2 was last year. It'd be tough to knock it off from being my prime candidate for game of the year.
Damn, alright I need to put some more time in.

I see Fallen Ghosts is available standalone (outside of the season pass) starting today. Based on the feedback in this thread it sounds like it's safe to skip the season pass and Narco Road and just grab Fallen Ghosts.?

Edit: pricing is a little wacky on Steam. $40 for season pass to get both DLC, or buy DLC individually for $15 each. Wonder if this means more is planned for the seasonpass.

Last edited:
like this

I see Fallen Ghosts is available standalone (outside of the season pass) starting today. Based on the feedback in this thread it sounds like it's safe to skip the season pass and Narco Road and just grab Fallen Ghosts.?

YES!

Edit: pricing is a little wacky on Steam. $40 for season pass to get both DLC, or buy DLC individually for $15 each. Wonder if this means more is planned for the seasonpass.

I hope so.

Look at GMG...look at Uplay... look at Steam... look at CD Keys if you feel good about that option. The Season Pass is a nice value if we get Fallen Ghosts and even one more comparable DLC.

Up to you and your wallet.

The worst case scenario is: You fire up Narco DLC... you might like it or at least some aspects of it and get something out of it. I played it for a little while then just gave up on it because I got tired of the "you have to race cars and do stunts and BS to make something happen."

Fallen Ghosts is more of everything that's good and then some. They can milk this for a LONG time if they keep cranking out Fallen Ghosts caliber DLCs.

I don't have the season pass, or any of the DLCs so can't help there. But I think you can worry about the DLCs after you finished the basic game, there is plenty of missions already in it.
I'm yet to finish the game myself. I'm only about 80% trough the main missions. after 36h, and I didn't do too many side missions. Standing at 83 missions completed. Probably get close to 100 by the end. And I might even continue with the rest after that.

They need to improve the weekly challenges. Freeing rebels when there are only 2 jails and only 1 spawning rebels is reallllllly lame. Would be so much more fun to go through the jail in the unidad base on expert and have to free rebels without getting spotted or something.

I finished the game It was great, but the ending was a bit of a disappointment. Not story wise. But.
I wanted to cut the head of Pac Katari off myself, also the complete lack of a final confrontation was really disappointing. The timer really spoiled the last mission, the only way you could fight your way to the mausoleum in time is by apc, even with that I only had 2 minutes by the time I got to the door at least sueno was killed, I didn't expect that, still in a cutscene, there should've been a last mission where he tries to run, and you kill him properly in game
But oh well, still the best game this year.

I wanted to cut the head of Pac Katari off myself, also the complete lack of a final confrontation was really disappointing. The timer really spoiled the last mission, the only way you could fight your way to the mausoleum in time is by apc, even with that I only had 2 minutes by the time I got to the door at least sueno was killed, I didn't expect that, still in a cutscene, there should've been a last mission where he tries to run, and you kill him properly in game

I hated how it ended, the latter third of the game was very lack luster. They did a lot of fun setup to something "grand" when instead it just petered out for me. I figured Pac would be dead and I failed twice just killing rebels at the safe house meet for giggles. I beat it by having a chopper ready, flying over there and parachuting to the left of the door. No enemies, then through some parkour getting over to the door. There are two endings, I did not get that one which is the better of the two.

Was fun overall though.

Was fun overall though.
I read after the endings and it supposedly changes based on finishing all the missions or not. I did all the missions, every single one of them, including the Sandoval missions, and still got the "bad ending" WTF? Bug?

Edit: So after further reading it seems the game is stupid. Even if you finish to 100% before you start the last mission, you'll still get the bad ending.

There are multiple reports around the net from people saying this happened to them.

Last edited:
I read after the endings and it supposedly changes based on finishing all the missions or not. I did all the missions, every single one of them, including the Sandoval missions, and still got the "bad ending" WTF? Bug?

Edit: So after further reading it seems the game is stupid. Even if you finish to 100% before you start the last mission, you'll still get the bad ending.

There are multiple reports around the net from people saying this happened to them.

Not positive, I did not get the ending you got which was meh was better than the one I got. I was so annoyed I just you tubed it lol. I did pre order and got the bonus missions (meh) so maybe that has something to do with it. I just jump in to play around and fly around having fun in that aspect of it trying to forget how they chose to tie it up hah.

Re-playing the final mission a second time gets you the correct ending I can confirm this. But this is just a very stupid bug. Like they never imagined someone would actually do all the missions before going for the final? Guess they never heard about completionists. And I don't even consider myself that as I only collected 29% of collectibles according to uplay. So big fail on their part. I'm going to edit my review based on this new revelation I wanted to mention a few things anyway that I forgot originally.

Back