Titan review samples Shipped

Finally some new blood in the water. We'll see. Be fun when less expensive variants start showing up.

What a great feeling... It's been a while since I've gotten excited about a video card. Do we know when the NDA lifts?

6GB of VRAM is overkill but I like it. Hope they come out with a 3Gb variant because I'm not running multiple monitors and 1080p or 1440p is good enough at 3GB.

$900, now that's intense. More than the price of my whole rig. :eek:

Rumor, none of this is new and is all reposted rumors. It could be 15 or 14 SMX, no one but reviewers know yet.

All that's confirmed is $900 and 6gb GDDR5: http://www.proshop.dk/Grafikkort/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-Titan-6GB-GDDR5-2394804.html new listing for one at a shop in Denmark today.

Leveringsstatus: Bestilt, forventet på lager d. 18-02-2013

I saw that earlier in another forum. Hopefully it's a real listing and won't disappear by the end of the day. It's happened before!!

The 6GB, well that's no surprise. If this is an expensive, limited run card (from rumours) using binned chips from the K20x, then it might be a case that it wasn't worth the time or money to reduce the memory.

All I am saying is that the card having 6GB is no indictation of final performance. If the 6GB is running at 5Ghz as in the Tesla specs then it will be no good at all!!!

I sure wish the state of gaming was such that single monitor users could benefit from this card.

I sure wish the state of gaming was such that single monitor users could benefit from this card.

Sure you can. Buy a 30" and game for years without upgrading. 6GB is more than enough for any game now and beyond.
Buying a 4K monitor/tv at some point? Titan will power that too. Need more power later? SLI them.

So this is based on the GK110 like the new GTX 700 series? If so, will the Titan still be more powerful than the 780? I know we can't say until everything is out.

Given the current status of PC gaming, I can't say I see a huge need to spend $900 on a video card.

Looks awesome, though. Wish I had the money to blow on it just 'cuz. :D

Sure you can. Buy a 30" and game for years without upgrading. 6GB is more than enough for any game now and beyond.
Buying a 4K monitor/tv at some point? Titan will power that too. Need more power later? SLI them.

lol this post made me laugh.

upgrade to a 4k monitor :)
that is what i'm planning to do - i'll get at least 3 titan's

jeez, $900 is redic.. you could prolly buy an xbox720 & ps4 and still have lots of money left over for games when this thing comes out..

If the $900+ price is true then this is simply a limited edition card that is just for nVidia to boost their ego and won't be around for a while and for the serious hardcore people with money to blow.

Why spend that kind of money when you can get something for cheaper that can play mostly everything at max settings @ 1080p (the most common res).

Why spend that kind of money when you can get something for cheaper that can play mostly everything at max settings @ 1080p (the most common res).

Maybe cause they have a higher resolution than 1080p?

Maybe cause they have a higher resolution than 1080p?

Yes, but most people play 1080p, so as a business decision to release a single chip at $900+ is an odd choice. Which is what makes me believe this card isn't going to be around a while and is to fill the gap until we get the real successor of the 680 the 700 series.

The part that interests me is where they talk about lowering the price for the current offerings. If I could pick up a Gigabyte Windforce 670 to SLi with my current card, I'd be all over it.

Yes, but most people play 1080p, so as a business decision to release a single chip at $900+ is an odd choice. Which is what makes me believe this card isn't going to be around a while and is to fill the gap until we get the real successor of the 680 the 700 series.

This card isn't for most people though. HD2000/3000/4000 is ;)

The part that interests me is where they talk about lowering the price for the current offerings. If I could pick up a Gigabyte Windforce 670 to SLi with my current card, I'd be all over it.

If this thing releases at the rumored price of $900, there's really no reason at all to reduce the prices of their current offerings since they're all already well below that mark. The one possible exception being the 690 and that will depend on Titans relative performance to it

A 690 is a little slower than SLI 680s actually. But yeah, exciting nonetheless, even if I don't end up buying one. I'm trying very hard to get into the habit of saving money. :(

According to the rumors, more than 690 so that puts it at or above 680 SLi. I'm excited. We just got to find out when NDA lifts to start the countdown

NVIDIA-Its-Coming-635x234.jpg

The rumours about it been faster than 690 were based on fake slides.

OK my expectations are now lowered...why even bother releasing a special edition card like this if it's not going to totally blow the doors off anything else on the market?...worse then 680 SLI and slightly better then a 690 does not equate to 'Titan' to me

OK my expectations are now lowered...why even bother releasing a special edition card like this if it's not going to totally blow the doors off anything else on the market?...worse then 680 SLI and slightly better then a 690 does not equate to 'Titan' to me

Well it does look to blow the doors off the best single GPU cards out there, but at no less cost than can be achieved with muti-GPU solutions today. Except you can put three and four of these beasts in a machine for a bunch of cash and be astounded. Definitely my kind of card but too much money for me right now.

Well it does look to blow the doors off the best single GPU cards out there, but at no less cost than can be achieved with muti-GPU solutions today. Except you can put three and four of these beasts in a machine for a bunch of cash and be astounded. Definitely my kind of card but too much money for me right now.

but won't the upcoming official 700 series (GTX 780 single GPU) pretty much do the same thing?...I don't see the point inTitan at all...even if the 780 has slightly lower performance it still won't make the Titan seem worth the $$...Titan just seems like a stop-gap card to fill the time between now and when the 780 launches

but won't the upcoming official 700 series (GTX 780 single GPU) pretty much do the same thing?...I don't see the point inTitan at all...even if the 780 has slightly lower performance it still won't make the Titan seem worth the $$...Titan just seems like a stop-gap card to fill the time between now and when the 780 launches

It all depends on when the 700 series is coming and how much it will cost. The Titan certainly looks to be a low production ultra-enthusiast card, it's not like these cards haven't existed in the past with really bad performance to cost ratios.

Back