Titan review samples Shipped

The rumours about it been faster than 690 were based on fake slides.

I believe it will not be that powerful either, I was just quoting the rumors out there and linked in the original post. I think at most these cards will be about 60% faster than a single GTX 680 depending on the gaming scenario and ram usage. 2 of these in SLi may, however be as powerful or more powerful than tri SLi 680s though which sounds tempting since I only have 2 slots and welcome the extra power for my triple screen 120hz setup :D

Personally I think Kyle is saying reviewers don't have samples, and when under NDA you dont accidentally post new products on your website unless you have nothing to lose and a lot of attention and site traffic to gain. Why make the refresh of gk104 look lackluster with this product, especially when your margins are in the smaller die. We have a good idea of what the yields look like seeing where the k20x and k20 are as 1 and 2 smx units are fused off, and where they needed to be as far as TDP. Sorry guys Im far more cynical when it comes to the TMZ aspect of future graphic card.

OK my expectations are now lowered...why even bother releasing a special edition card like this if it's not going to totally blow the doors off anything else on the market?...worse then 680 SLI and slightly better then a 690 does not equate to 'Titan' to me

It's a very narrow window to be worse than 680 sli and faster than a 690. I still think they are releasing this card for one reason only and that is to get rid of binned parts from the K20x, and when those parts are gone no more Titans.

Like you I will be disappointed if it isn't a monster card. But, I can't see how with 235w of power.

this thread is kind of funny to read through

anything regarding what the OP has said has been debunked by Kyle.

specs and the titans being shipped are both false

this thread is kind of funny to read through

anything regarding what the OP has said has been debunked by Kyle.

specs and the titans being shipped are both false

Well Kyle simply said he was wrong.. he didn't, however, say what the OP was wrong about.. You can take it however you'd like I guess, but the OP could have simply been wrong about one of the specs or who actually got it.

I believe it will not be that powerful either, I was just quoting the rumors out there and linked in the original post. I think at most these cards will be about 60% faster than a single GTX 680 depending on the gaming scenario and ram usage. 2 of these in SLi may, however be as powerful or more powerful than tri SLi 680s though which sounds tempting since I only have 2 slots and welcome the extra power for my triple screen 120hz setup :D

Well I hope you get your wish and it is that powerful:D

I can't even see it been 60% faster and still use 235W power. Thats the figure that is annoying me in all this!! I wonder is that the thing that's wrong in the OP. The K20x uses 235W at 732Mhz core clock and 5Ghz memory. How much of the card do they have to disable to allow it to run at 235W with high enough core and memory clocks to be 60% faster than the 680??

Well Kyle simply said he was wrong.. he didn't, however, say what the OP was wrong about.. You can take it however you'd like I guess, but the OP could have simply been wrong about one of the specs or who actually got it.

Quoted for truth.... but people are anxious to take any random hint and go wild with it, seemingly.

Personally I think Kyle is saying reviewers don't have samples, and when under NDA you dont accidentally post new products on your website unless you have nothing to lose and a lot of attention and site traffic to gain. Why make the refresh of gk104 look lackluster with this product, especially when your margins are in the smaller die. We have a good idea of what the yields look like seeing where the k20x and k20 are as 1 and 2 smx units are fused off, and where they needed to be as far as TDP. Sorry guys Im far more cynical when it comes to the TMZ aspect of future graphic card.

Yes that could be what Kyle is saying is wrong. Could have been everything in the post was wrong!! :D But, the NDA has been broken lots of times before. Tweaktown did it before the 680, they released their review before the NDA was lifted. Before both the 680 and the HD6950 and HD6970 some online shops had them listed before release as well and later had to take the listings down.

I have not seen specs presented to me by NVIDIA, so I do not know those for certain.

It all depends on when the 700 series is coming and how much it will cost. The Titan certainly looks to be a low production ultra-enthusiast card, it's not like these cards haven't existed in the past with really bad performance to cost ratios.

I would not expect GTX 700 cards till Q3.

Given the time lines I have heard rumored on the launch date, again NOT from NVIDIA, I expect this to be a soft launch. Again, these are not facts, just what I THINK is likely to happen.

GT, you make habit of quoting unreliable sources as fact. You know the internet is a spawning ground for rumors and misinformation when it comes to any topic under the sun. That being said, I understand your, mine and everyone elses passion and excitement for these kinds of things. I love how it started out as 85% percent of the 690, but once people realized that a 680/7970 under ice water or ln2 could achieve that, it jumped to being superior to that of the 690. I didn't mean to make a personal attack, Im really not that invested.

AMD might have the 8000 series cards out before then:p So you have to wait!!!:D

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ra...nd-delay-hd-7000-series-remain-primary-focus/
https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/299263278192939008

Wouldn't count on it. :)

BOOM!
SLI 670 here we goooooooooo!!!!! hahaha thanks K!

Yeah, I'm thinking of going back to 670 SLI about now... I didn't feel as big a need for that much power a year ago but at this point I am starting to.

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ra...nd-delay-hd-7000-series-remain-primary-focus/
https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/299263278192939008

Wouldn't count on it. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking of going back to 670 SLI about now... I didn't feel as big a need for that much power a year ago but at this point I am starting to.

nice link.

makes sense for them to wait anyways... i mean their top end cards are making a mockery of these graphics engines ( both NV and AMD that is )

ill swoop on a 670 if crysis 3 runs like poo

nice link.

makes sense for them to wait anyways... i mean their top end cards are making a mockery of these graphics engines ( both NV and AMD that is )

ill swoop on a 670 if crysis 3 runs like poo

Yeah, I agree overall.

GT, you make habit of quoting unreliable sources as fact. You know the internet is a spawning ground for rumors and misinformation when it comes to any topic under the sun. That being said, I understand your, mine and everyone elses passion and excitement for these kinds of things. I love how it started out as 85% percent of the 690, but once people realized that a 680/7970 under ice water or ln2 could achieve that, it jumped to being superior to that of the 690. I didn't mean to make a personal attack, Im really not that invested.

I do try to phrase things like "if it's true" or "purportedly X is Y from this article", but no offense taken. I like gossiping about hardware ;).

Q3 or Q4 is realistic for either Amd or nvidia refresh. I am not holding my breath.

if Nvidia's 700 series is not coming out till Q3 (July-September) then I take back what I said about there being no need for a Titan card now...with potentially 6-7 months untill the 780 then I can see Nvidia wanting to releasing something for now...with games like Crysis 3 and Metro: Last Light on the horizon I cann see the need for more power...I still wonder how the 780 will compare performance wise to the Titan though

If this is going to be a soft launch and an underwhelming performer for the price, I can just imagine all the replies in future GPU advice threads when we're well into the 7xx/8xx series that simply say "Remember the Titans"

Anyway, I'm very anxious to see what Titan brings to the table, especially if the specs line up with the rumors...and for the price.

In a way, I feel as if this is just a marketing perpetuation of the elusive 690, but in a single GPU form. Great performer, but hefty price tag and really only for those needing that level of rendering horsepower for super high res/multi-monitor setups or those wanting to flex ye ole epeen in hopes of turning any internet friends that actually cared a bit jelly.

My assumptive take on this is that nVidia is simply taking their top of the line professional graphics card (Tesla K20) and marketing it towards the consumer to flush existing stock prior to the next gen release.

Where you been the last year nvidia is slowly killing off Overclocking on gpu's

I'd say they aren't killing it off. They just do it for us already with the mass availability of factory oc'd cards almost being the norm plus the boost fuction...they are pretty much maxed out right out of the box.

lol, okay. lets see...my gtx570 would not oc more than about 10% without needing some voltage which pushed power consumption way up for little gain. both my gtx670 and gtx660ti have way more overclocking room and I do not have to worry about fooling with voltage at all. only a relatively few people out there are complaining that they cant run their cards at higher voltages. those are people that only care about benchmarks and such and dont even care if they kill their cards in few months. there is nothing wrong with what Nvidia is doing as it does allow plenty of overclocking at the voltage they have deemed safe for long term usage.

Not sure if this is what was meant, but I know that the 6xx series is much slower in FP FPU (or something like this) which is not used for games but more photoshob / adobe cs6 than the 5xx series. Some site recently did a test of this and the 580 was a ton faster than the 680. I believe this is because nvidia would rather have you buy their expensive 'quadro' crap rather than benefit, the 6xx is not truly slower but crippled to be slower.

Fully functional? Opposed to what exactly?

I'd say they aren't killing it off. They just do it for us already with the mass availability of factory oc'd cards almost being the norm plus the boost fuction...they are pretty much maxed out right out of the box.

Yeah...which, honestly, is totally fine with me. CPU overclocking is one thing, but trying to eek out a bit more GPU performance seems to be a lot more tedious and sometimes risky...not really worth it for like a 2-5 FPS gain.

What'cha talkin' 'bout Willis?

gb670biosgoldentigerfin.jpg

6 months strong!

Such a bold statement. But laugably wrong.
I was one of the few at the launch of the GTX 680 to hit 1320MHz stable.

Dynamic OC doesn't mean you can't OC beyond that.

Such a bold statement. But laugably wrong.
I was one of the few at the launch of the GTX 680 to hit 1320MHz stable.

Dynamic OC doesn't mean you can't OC beyond that.

Exactly... typical users like him won't get that though. I have owned 680 SLI, 680, 670 SLI, and finally now one great oc'ing 670... all of them OC'd pretty well.

So how does Kyle explain the fact that a few retailers have already listed the card on their website and pulled it really quick? The part#'s and specs all seem to fall in line with what we have read..

Maybe you've gone and pissed off Nvidia that they didn't send you one?

So how does Kyle explain the fact that a few retailers have already listed the card on their website and pulled it really quick? The part#'s and specs all seem to fall in line with what we have read..

Maybe you've gone and pissed off Nvidia that they didn't send you one?

I have no idea.... I'm confused myself. :eek: I saw those listings too.

Back