heatlesssun
Extremely [H]
- Joined
- Nov 5, 2005
- Messages
- 44,154
I am sure there are a few ports worth playing. I stopped caring a few years back frankly. I have no incline to play all that many more of the same old shooter / first person type games that are mostly imo better played on a console anyway. I could care less about pushing a shooter I am going to play for a few hours and bench to 4k resolutions. For me PC games mean games like Civilization. Games like Civ / MOO keep me busy on the PC (in Linux). I can't remember the last non linux supporting game that I missed. The handful of games that don't get Linux support like those from Blizzard run well enough in wine. The only PC games I have found you end up having to bother with dual boots for are MMOs... although you can run some of them under wine just fine, for the most part your better off dual booting if your playing most MMOs.
If it works for you then it works for you. But this is often how the story goes of Linux proponents, "I don't care about that." And that's fine but why should anyone care about Linux if it doesn't support what they want to do? There's all these horror stories about Windows doing this or doing that but hey, losing compatibility with thousands in software, so what?
This is a HUGE problem for desktop Linux and it's FAR worse than many of its proponents want to admit. Look at all of the complaints people made of the loss of Windows Media Center in 10. Now multiply that a ten fold, with things a lot less esoteric that Windows Media Center.