The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Hotfix 1.06 http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/48523-Hotfix-1-06-on-the-way-(changelog-inside)

Right after the weekend we are planning to release a hotfix for PC (1.06). It will address the most reported issues by the community.

You can find the list of changes below. Of course the console version will follow shortly after (will be numbered 1.05) and will include some additional changes such as the save game issues fix and the money cap.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

We will let you know once more details become available.

They should block off the ice giant's cavern completely. I got trapped in there, because i couldn't figure out where to go.

One, you can get trapped in between the inner room and the outside if you drop into it. And 2, you can go into the room prematurely, and there is nothing there except some items and vigi's key. And you can't get out because the doorway can't be aard like it should be able to. Horrible quest.

They should block off the ice giant's cavern completely. I got trapped in there, because i couldn't figure out where to go.

One, you can get trapped in between the inner room and the outside if you drop into it. And 2, you can go into the room prematurely, and there is nothing there except some items and vigi's key. And you can't get out because the doorway can't be aard like it should be able to. Horrible quest.

I actually just did this quest last night before bed. I had no issues with it whatsoever. I guess I lucked out.

- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'

Spoiler alert! I only just picked up that quest last night. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the hotfix before continuing.

Yen is always pissy at everyone, including Geralt. That's why no one can stand her.

Triss just felt more like someone I'd connect with, so I picked that path for this first play through.

Assuming I live long enough to play this again, I'll probably try the Yen path, though I'm not expecting much to be different, other than where the sex takes places. :p

And I have to wonder... with that 1.06 patch note, what was Geralt doing at the menu to get him all wet in the first place? :eek:

Holy shit lol.

YeNgyKC.gif

I have a problem that I cant figure out. My FPS when I start the game will hover at about 50. I then quit and restart the game and now it hover at about 29 to 30 FPS in the same area as before. Weird. Any thoughts

I have a problem that I cant figure out. My FPS when I start the game will hover at about 50. I then quit and restart the game and now it hover at about 29 to 30 FPS in the same area as before. Weird. Any thoughts

If you're using SLI make sure the game has not reverted to windowed mode.

I actually just did this quest last night before bed. I had no issues with it whatsoever. I guess I lucked out.

Did the footprints to the town light up in Witcher sense when you did it? Cuz it didn't for me, and I followed the prints leading up to the gap.

If you're using SLI make sure the game has not reverted to windowed mode.

No SLI. Its weird because I'll run FRAPS and when I see the FPS at 30, I'll quit the game, restart and boom, its right back to 50 fps at the same exact place where it was 30 fps. No other processes in task manager running.

Could be related to the vsync problems people have encountered.
If it does 30fps again, alt tab to Windows and then go back in the game. It may fix it.

I just had a problem when running Windowed mode.
I never run windowed mode but couldnt be bothered to change it. (my install always defaults to windowed every time it is run, strange but ce la vie)
I played for about an hour and then played with the kitty for about 20mins, leaving the game running.
Upon return it was sluggish so I quit and Windows was screwed.

DWM.exe was taking 100% of one core and any action took about 5 to 10 seconds before I could see anything happen.
Tried closing everything and reducing the process priority.
It didnt stop after about 15mins so had to reboot.
Everything is back to normal.

I havent had this happen before on this machine which is 4.5 years old.

Did the footprints to the town light up in Witcher sense when you did it? Cuz it didn't for me, and I followed the prints leading up to the gap.

Yeah, I followed tracks and blood for the entire mission.

I tried to make it through witcher 1 and dropped it for some reason. Same with 2. Started 3 today and I'm hooked. Should I go back and play 2 before going through 3? The combat in 2 seemed odd and i didn't like it. 3 is awesome, are they the same combat wise?

combat is similar although probably more refined for #3. If you want the witcher lore there are recaps on youtube. Probably better though is to read the books. A lot of the characters come from the books and are in #1 and #2. Really though the first 2 games do not add much. You can maybe import saves from #2 - that gets you a tattoo, and some minor world changes but not much else. The witcher story primarily revolves around ciri (+yennifer), who were not in the previous games, although there was an elder blood character in #1.

Ah, see that's where it failed me. The human prints that lead to town didn't show up at all in witcher sense.

I had a similar thing but probably a different quest (quite early in the game) where I couldnt continue to find the prints to follow.
So I went back to the start of the footprints, traced them exactly and they all appeared from then on.

That didn't work for me luckily, after looking online, I found out where to go, and after I reached it, the quest started updating again.

I just want a Witcher movie :)

That would be a great thing indeed if they fund/cast it properly and shoot for an R rating.

Picking out the casting of each role would be interesting.

<goes back to looking for Ciri today, and praying not to get sidetracked yet again>

That would be a great thing indeed if they fund/cast it properly and shoot for an R rating.

Picking out the casting of each role would be interesting.

<goes back to looking for Ciri today, and praying not to get sidetracked yet again>

Even if they made a totally CGI movie, and it was the same standard as 'Killing Monsters', I'd be happy.

After all, the Final Fantasy movies were hits and are very enjoyable. There's a massive universe in RPGs that's waiting to be exploited, for the time and effort the devs put into cutscenes they can surely make it into a movie.

Last edited:
The titties were the only saving grace I'd guess. The rest looked like a living hell to sit through.

Downloading now, about to get in on some morning goodness. Rain + Witcher 3 + Work from home = heaven. :cool:

Patch notes:

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

Would you rather have them not patch the game at all, or have to wait months for patches to game-breaking bugs?

In these open-world games there are always a shit-ton of patches...seems like CD Projeckt Red is keeping on top of things at least.

Guuzus christ, another patch? Whats that the 6th one now. Good lord.

Have you seen the size of the game and how well it has been done?
They could have waited a month and released all the patches in one go.
But they did much better by releasing them as soon as they could.

This is the largest game ever made, in terms of world size, missions, content, world realism and so forth. It is to be expected that there will be lots of bugs, some small, others not so small. Overall it plays well for most people, and CD Projeckt has been very responsive to their fans.

If you recall the previous games, they made major updates to them a year after they were released.

I think they realize that improvements/fixes to their game engine will apply to their next game that uses it, so it is a win/win for everyone.

Back