The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

At this point, I'm just really hoping to land one of the "good" endings when I get there. The game is so depressing at times, I need it to end on a high note if at all possible.

I've avoided most spoilers to date so I don't ruin it, but I know one option is for Ciri to go on being a Witcher, and hopefully that's the one I'll end up with out of the myriad of possibilities.

With my luck I'll get the "everyone dies at the end" option and be depressed as hell. :(

At this point, I'm just really hoping to land one of the "good" endings when I get there. The game is so depressing at times, I need it to end on a high note if at all possible.

I've avoided most spoilers to date so I don't ruin it, but I know one option is for Ciri to go on being a Witcher, and hopefully that's the one I'll end up with out of the myriad of possibilities.

With my luck I'll get the "everyone dies at the end" option and be depressed as hell. :(

Actually quite hard to trigger the option of Ciri becoming a witcher. At least from what I've seen. I had to spoil it a bit for myself when I was playing it and see what the possible endings were and how to trigger them, otherwise I would've been depressed as hell.

Actually quite hard to trigger the option of Ciri becoming a witcher. At least from what I've seen. I had to spoil it a bit for myself when I was playing it and see what the possible endings were and how to trigger them, otherwise I would've been depressed as hell.

Uh.. ok then, guess I better look up the triggers for the endings somewhere so I don't screw it up once I get to Skel... some day.

There's just so much darkness to the world, it kind of wears on me after a while at times.

Some nights it feels like every "good" thing I do gets punished somehow, and if I do something bad, I get punished just as bad if not worse.

Loooove the game, but been taking it in smaller doses lately mixed in with some GTA5 again just to break up the bleakness of it. ;)

Matthew Kane,

I decided to use the choice pathway that someone posted on the Witcher wikia. I was able to free the spirit, save the kids, & save Anna with the exception of the village being destroyed. It seems to have worked out better than I expected (based on what I'm reading the outcome to be typically).

Bad, it looks alright in some places but in others, it's not as good. If it's half better half worse, what's the point.

It looks like it has better lighting in some ways, and the clouds int he sky certainly look better, but in some scenes it looks too "blurry. "

Matthew Kane,

I decided to use the choice pathway that someone posted on the Witcher wikia. I was able to free the spirit, save the kids, & save Anna with the exception of the village being destroyed. It seems to have worked out better than I expected (based on what I'm reading the outcome to be typically).

Well the village is in a way more important then a few people. Considering its a village of people. :eek:

Anyway as long as Anna is alive it triggers the same cutscene ending for the Baron's quest.

If she isn't, then Baron hangs himself and you in a way, fail the Baron's quest. Remember he may seem like an asshole for beating his wife, but he did save and treat Ciri right as she is Geralt's destiny.

Well the village is in a way more important then a few people. Considering its a village of people. :eek:

Anyway as long as Anna is alive it triggers the same cutscene ending for the Baron's quest.

If she isn't, then Baron hangs himself and you in a way, fail the Baron's quest. Remember he may seem like an asshole for beating his wife, but he did save and treat Ciri right as she is Geralt's destiny.

Yep, got that all figured out. :) That was the toughest part though... village with families vs. just children. If I went on a personal level, interacting with the orphans solidified it over a village that I barely interacted with. :(

During that dinner scene with Keira...anyone else turn on their witcher sense and hear diabolic laughing coming from one of the ruins? It sounds like a werewolf or something, but it was creepy as hell.

I guess this needs to be addressed. After his suicide, can you still loot his body for more gwent cards?

->get mission->go back and talk->play gwent->do mission

Once you have a decent(ish) deck, I have found that doing a match of Gwent as soon as you meet a character is a good way to not forget to do it later (and risk the NPC dying or whatnot).

That said, the more I play, the more I find that it's such a derpy card game :p

Once you have a decent(ish) deck, I have found that doing a match of Gwent as soon as you meet a character is a good way to not forget to do it later (and risk the NPC dying or whatnot).

That said, the more I play, the more I find that it's such a derpy card game :p

Same here. If I don't play it on the spot it isn't going to get done.

So, I'm essentially done with the first area and the game makes it seem like I'm not going to be able to return any time soon. Anything I should be aware of or be sure to do before proceeding?

well my brother was hyping this game up to me & then went so far as to buy it for me so I decided to give it a go.. It didnt last long... Its completely unplayable on my laptop (MSI GS60 with i7, 12gb RAM & 860m).. Im going to try updating my video drivers, but this is quite depressing that a high end gaming laptop is brought completely to its knees by this..

So, I'm essentially done with the first area and the game makes it seem like I'm not going to be able to return any time soon. Anything I should be aware of or be sure to do before proceeding?

you can go back and forth at will, until the last area I think. first area is big but it is nothing compared to the rest... lol

well my brother was hyping this game up to me & then went so far as to buy it for me so I decided to give it a go.. It didnt last long... Its completely unplayable on my laptop (MSI GS60 with i7, 12gb RAM & 860m).. Im going to try updating my video drivers, but this is quite depressing that a high end gaming laptop is brought completely to its knees by this..

860m is about as fast as 750ti / 660
assuming you are playing on 1080p
you will need to play @ low~medium setting w/ eye candy effects off if you want to get decent fps

Unfortunately, the 860m is barely equivalent to a 750 Ti, which is basically on par (or worse) than the 660 that's denoted as minimum in the requirements - that being said, you should be able to at least play on medium @ 30fps. Turn the shadows down, turn the grass visibility down, and definitely don't play with hairworks on.

If you had the GT60 you would be able to swap the mxm gpu, but the GS60 has it soldered on sadly.

Updating the drivers might help quite a bit actually, I know it did on my 760.

Also, I'd start by setting the FPS cap to 30, set everything else to Medium, turn off hairworks, turn off motion-blur, and at that point it will probably run fairly well. Then you can start turning up the other settings to high/ultra one by one and see what else you can get away with. In my experience, there are only a few settings that are real system-killers, namely hairworks and motion-blur. You can probably run most of the settings on High if those are off.

Motion blur should have almost no performance impact, but shadows, grass, and hairworks have a big one.

after updating the drivers it was still not decent. Even at 1440x900.. This is in my opinion a very very poorly written game to perform this low. So many other games manage to look good & not require a titan...

after updating the drivers it was still not decent. Even at 1440x900.. This is in my opinion a very very poorly written game to perform this low. So many other games manage to look good & not require a titan...
Only it doesn't require a titan to play. I have the game performing great at 1920x1200 with low-medium settings on AMD 6870 with 30fps cap.

I'm puzzled by your performance issues.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36088-A-compendium-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-PC-version

Take a look through some of this and see if any of it helps you.

Set the FPS cap to Unlimited and turn off v-sync to start out. I'm not sure why people are even bothering with that cap. It's working against them. CDPR and a bunch of others are recommending Unlimited in most situations.

Make sure you are set to fullscreen.

GTX 970 I7-2600 (stock speed) 16 gigs of ram, and game on a ssd.
1440p Have nearly every thing on Ultra cept shadows on high, and grass and Foliage on medium 40ish to 60 fps

This is the best game I have ever seen visually, this is the closest a game has come out day 1 and be close to perfect, yes it has a few problems, but they have already patched most of those anything else would just be nitpicking. Sorry that you cant get it to run well But I cant even afford a Titan and the game runs amazing for me 100+ hours in it so far. Maybe somthing not right with your system dono, but I can tell you if you can get your system working you will have one hell of a time, this game sets the bar so dam high for future games

what setting are you using?
and remember 860m is pretty slow by today's standard

I had to scale down resolution pretty low on my 750m SLI laptop. I think you're expecting too much out of that 860m.

I run on mostly low settings at 1366x768 and I get playable framerates on my laptop, but it's nowhere near as good as playing at 55-60 on my desktop.

Does anyone else think Geralt is a boring character?
Completely devoid of emotion, monotone voice, never shows a sense of urgency. I mean does he ever even yell? I wanna see him get pissed off. Or scared, or sad, or something that shows that he's not a robot.

Completely devoid of emotion, monotone voice, never shows a sense of urgency. I mean does he ever even yell? I wanna see him get pissed off. Or scared, or sad, or something that shows that he's not a robot.

He's jaded. The guy is like 100 years old and he's seen plenty of shit. Even so, I never got the vibes you're getting from the character. He's not a melodramatic sot that's for sure. Also he does happen to be a mutant witcher...

I find that setting an FPS cap at 60 (w/ vsync) really only helps games that have no borderless window option. Since the Witcher 3 has that option natively, going with "unlimited" is still very smooth and holds 60fps better than trying to use the native FPS cap. If your performance is so bad that the game isn't playable, you can try turning vsync off. However image tearing is a side effect. I'd rather lower details than deal with that.

Witchers are more or less stripped of their emotions when they go through their transformation and training.

That said... play the game some more. Geralt shows plenty of emotion during the story, especially during pivotal moments.

Some of the best moments in this game are when Geralt is one sarcastic son of a bitch. It's almost uproariously funny.

Back