The Wii U Thread (that doesn't suck)

• Thread starter Deleted member 83233
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 83233

Thought I'd start a new thread for people who enjoy their Wii U to talk about it or its games. That other thread is just ridiculous. So yeah... Go Wii U!! It's fun. My kids and I play it frequently.

:cool:

The Wii U is dead.

Sorry I had to.

haha beat me to it! but really, i wish i had time for a wii u. i already have a huge backlog of games on steam, and am uninterested in xb1 or ps4 because they dont really offer any experiences i cant get on pc. there's something about those nintendo games though. if i had kids i would definitely have a wii u, but the good lord has chosen not to punish me with that curse yet. :p

Wii-U is awesome! My six year old girl loves playing the Dance party game or w/e on it, and mario 3d with me. Glad it can serve the small crowd in stature like my daughter to keep kids wanting to game.

Too bad there is NOTHING that an adult or 'gamer' wants to use it for.

Still working on collecting all the gold coins in NSMB-U, only scratched the surface of NSLB-U, just about to the bonus worlds in 3D World and stuck on the Owl boss in DKTF:mad:.. But right now MK8 eats up all my play time. :p Must unlock all gold kart parts :D

The wife is digging Pikmin 3.

Our 18 month old adores Mario and cheers him on in whatever game she spots him in :cool: "its Marreeo! Yay!"

Just picked up Rayman Legends, so far it looks fantastic.

I am playing my Wii U more than anything right now. After playing the hell out of mariokart, I decided to finish up Mario 3d world. The bonus worlds can be a real pain sometimes, but like dark souls, its always your fault when you fail. After that I'll move on to pikmin and Zelda, and possibly golden sun (vc). Looks like I have plenty to keep me busy, wish I could say the same for my ps4...

Just got my new TV yesterday, but I was so tired and zonked out at the end of the day (Hydrocodone and tequila will do that) that I had zero interest in actually playing the Wii U. 60" at 7' seating distance may be nausea inducing on some of those MK8 levels.

Love my Wii U, overpaid launch pricing but oh well. Been enjoying it since and it has a ton of really good games. Wonderful 101 is often overlooked.

I'm wanting to grab Mario kart 8 and take pikmin 3 download with it.... Looking to buy donkey Kong freeze soon and Mario 3d world.

I love its controller too....

Yeah, the controller is pretty nice. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when they announced it. I did see quite a bit of praise for it though. I immediately loved it when I got it. It's surprisingly comfortable, and very useful when the TV is in use. It actually works on a different floor of the house too, which is pretty cool.

Question, Is nitendo killing wiiU for something else soon because my kids are playing on the original wii
but want the newer games so I dont wanna upgrade and then regret it.

I very much doubt it. They've got new games (Zelda for one) scheduled for release in the next year or so. They had a great showing at E3, and seem to be healthy enough. They definitely had a slow start, but I think people are starting to see the value in the system. Especially PC users who want something different, or people with kids. (I fall into both categories and couldn't be much happier with it unless maybe some of my anticipated games were out quicker. :D ) I'd grab one of the bundles, as they're a pretty good deal. There are some great games on it already, plus quite a few indie games. If you don't have some of them on Steam already they have some good ones in the shop.

One thing that I'd love to see is some sort of repeater released for the Gamepad. If I could extend the wireless range so that I could game while sitting on the toilet in my house, it'd be perfect.

I'm still having a good time with Mario Kart 8. The more we learn about Smash Brothers, the more epic it sounds. Nintendo has some really good people developing and playtesting it. I can't imagine it being anything less than great. MK8 lived up to the hype, so I have faith.

Looking at some couch coop games now that Mario Kart 8 is beginning to wind down:

How to Survive? Donkey Kong? The Cave?

I'm leaning toward The Cave currently.

I have The Cave on PC. It's a good game, and pretty fun. Some of the character combos are fun to figure out, and it's pretty funny. I've yet to finish it, but plan to at some point.

Question, Is nitendo killing wiiU for something else soon because my kids are playing on the original wii

nintendo has no plans to kill the wii u right now

"Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aime is not one of those people. In a recent interview with Kotaku, Reggie said that the Wii U “has a very long life ahead if it”, and added that there is great content coming to the console that will “help define the platform”. He also denied Nintendo starting over with a new consoles, confirming that they are sticking with the Wii U for the long run. "

Nope, Nintendo is doubling down and has commented that the WiiU is here to stay. New games announced at E3 and Reggie said as much as well.

Upgrade

I picked it up because of the Wind Waker remake. It's one of my favorite Zelda games, and it's the perfect enhancement to it. It was already pretty close to perfect, and then they tweaked it to absolute perfection. I can't find a single flaw with it.

I love all of the Mario/Luigi games (especially 3DW of course.) MK8 is the best Mario Kart (or any kart for that matter) game ever made. I'm really looking forward to the next Zelda game too. I've said it in a few other places, but I would REALLY like a new Pilotwings game for the U.

New Pilotwings would be great. I loved the one in 3DS, yet it was too short.

Can't wait for the new Star Fox, my dream would be a kind of No Man's Sky hybrid where you can transition from space to surface in realtime. No chance in hell, but its good to dream :(

I bought one recently. I figured a refurb from nintendo for $200, and a free game with MK8 made it a real nice purchase. My main regret was I picked Zelda Wind Waker HD for my free game, but I can't invert the Y axis on the camera. I can and do invert Y in aim mode (no X option but I don't care), and for the free camera you can invert the X axis (but not Y). I don't care for inverting the X axis in either case, but I do play invert Y in all my games. Ugh. I've only tried once so far, but I really wish I could get Pikmin 3 instead now. :(

I bought one recently. I figured a refurb from nintendo for $200, and a free game with MK8 made it a real nice purchase). My only regret was I picked Zelda Wind Waker HD for my free game, but I can't invert the Y axis on the camera. You can invert Y in aim mode (but not X), and for the free camera you can invert only the X axis (but not Y). I don't care for inverting the X axis, but I do play invert Y in all my games. Ugh. I've only tried once so far, but I really wish I could get Pikmin 3 instead now. :(

Hmm... I'm trying to wrap my head around this. :D With aiming I can't see why you'd want it inverted, since you basically hold the controller up like it was the weapon or tool in question. I do however see why some people like the various camera types inverted in a 3rd person game.

For me it depends on the game. The way I have to think about it, is where the axis is, where my controller would be in relation, and which way I would typically push or rotate a camera if I was following the character. (it's not really as complex as that, I just kind of automatically adjust most of the time,) but just trying to write the basic mental process.

Sometimes I like what I call flight-style controls where I pull back to look up. Other times it gives things an odd feel. I really never stick with one set of standards I guess. It's always based on the feel of the game. IMO the default controls for WW are exactly what feels right while I'm playing it.

Interesting. I agree that it's a little odd that you can invert one way in one area, and another in another, but not both in both now that I think about it. However, I just never thought it needed changing in Wind Waker.

Thanks for starting this. Now ------ can wallow alone in his self propogated echo chamber of negativity.

Loving my Wii U. Have had it since November. Super Mario 3D world was the title that sucked me in. Have picked up quite a few other since then. Game quality is exceptionally high and most are accessible to non-hardcore gamers

Last edited:
The Wii U has brought hours of enjoyment for my family as a whole. It even got my wife into video games. I'm excited for the future Wii U games.

Yar, it's definitely become the 'family console' here too. My kid has his own 360, and I've got my PC and PS3, but the Wii U is the only console where all of us will come together and play (including the wife).

Mine has also become the family console... I know that I..... I MEAN my family, loves it very much

Got myse..... I MEAN, got my son Lego City: Undercover and I..... mrhrmmm.... he totally loves it.

:D So, anyone play Shovel Knight? It looks like fun. And much like FrEaKy, I was thinking about getting it on the U instead of Steam because... ...of the kids... :D (actually it WILL be more accessible to them that way)

I got a chance to seriously play the Wii-U for the first time this last weekend at a friend's place. Pretty cool system...I like the tablet, it seems like it works really well for both controlling a regular game, or actually playing the game on the tablet itself. Played some Super Mario 3D World and the Donkey Kong Country game, and a tiny bit of Wonderful 101.

I think I'll be looking to pick one up this Christmas if we get some nice deals/bunduru.

Got myse..... I MEAN, got my son Lego City: Undercover and I..... mrhrmmm.... he totally loves it.

The beautiful thing about it is my boy (he's 4) loves the thing and stays out of my hair when I let him play with it, and then I get to use it every now and again, too.

I don't use it as a babysitter while I'm working at home but I could if I needed to.

:D So, anyone play Shovel Knight? It looks like fun. And much like FrEaKy, I was thinking about getting it on the U instead of Steam because... ...of the kids... :D (actually it WILL be more accessible to them that way)

I bought it its really fun I buy most cross platform indie games on Wii u just because I can play on the tablet when main TV is in use.

I bought it its really fun I buy most cross platform indie games on Wii u just because I can play on the tablet when main TV is in use.

Nice, I'll give it a whirl then. Based on the type of game, I figured it would be pretty fun anyway, but it's always good to get a bit of feedback.

Nice, I'll give it a whirl then. Based on the type of game, I figured it would be pretty fun anyway, but it's always good to get a bit of feedback.

Same here, sounds worth trying.

I wish Valiant Hearts was a Wii-U title though :(

I would love to buy a WiiU, but I'm in the same boat with a huge backlog of games. What's worse is I discovered an awesome game store in my area called 8-bit Hall of Fame that has ignited my flame for nostalgia. I actually just picked up long-box versions of D and Doom for the Playstation from this place over the weekend. Was really excited to see Doom :D.

I think as soon as a new Metroid is released for it that is NOT made by Team Ninja (preferably Retro... one can dream) I will have to pick one up.

Back