The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudewth,
It appears that your server went down or is lagging baddly. I got disconnected and the dynamic map is not refreshing correctly.

IC

Umm, lets see:

It's up and running.

And it's hosted, which means we don't have to worry about personal connections.

Nothing against G1 or anything because the hardcraft server is/was awesome, he just is limited by his connection.
The main reason Hardcraft isn't up and running is because there isn't an official bukkit release for 1.8.1 yet.

This is why he said he's not going to host anymore and they're looking for someone else to host.

On the subject, I've been checking out dedicated hosts, and I found a pretty good deal on one. Redstonehost.com will rent a 16 man server for $13 a month or $60 for 6 months. I would be more than willing to purchase a dedicated server for Hardcraft to live on if you guys want...

Dudewth,
It appears that your server went down or is lagging baddly. I got disconnected and the dynamic map is not refreshing correctly.

IC

Not sure if something went wrong, but it seems to be working now. The dynamic map is loading, and people appear to be playing, anyways.

The main reason Hardcraft isn't up and running is because there isn't an official bukkit release for 1.8.1 yet.

This is why he said he's not going to host anymore and they're looking for someone else to host.

On the subject, I've been checking out dedicated hosts, and I found a pretty good deal on one. Redstonehost.com will rent a 16 man server for $13 a month or $60 for 6 months. I would be more than willing to purchase a dedicated server for Hardcraft to live on if you guys want...

Not sure if something went wrong, but it seems to be working now. The dynamic map is loading, and people appear to be playing, anyways.

I can help!

I guess the port changed to standard? 25565 rather than what I had?

OH well I'm on it

Yes, standard port or no port needed at all. Posted about that earlier! If you think the server is down or needs to be restarted just PM me.

I finally found my first bunch of diamonds but less than 5 min later I fell into some lava and lost it :mad:.

What the fuck keeps hitting me? I'll be in my underwater house and all of a sudden I'll start getting hit with something I can not even see. By the time it stops I have lost like 3 - 4 health hearts. WTF is it?

I finally found my first bunch of diamonds but less than 5 min later I fell into some lava and lost it :mad:.

What the fuck keeps hitting me? I'll be in my underwater house and all of a sudden I'll start getting hit with something I can not even see. By the time it stops I have lost like 3 - 4 health hearts. WTF is it?

Are you actually eating?

EDIT: For anyone interested, it's worth noting that Bukkit has released a recommended build for 1.8.1. 1.9 pre-release is coming today as well, with more adventure stuff coming in 1.10.

Last edited:

chances are you have a texture pack that doesn't have the food bar in it, so it's invisible. I had that same issue before. Once you run out of food, you still take damage until about half.

Last edited:
Are you actually eating?

EDIT: For anyone interested, it's worth noting that Bukkit has released a recommended build for 1.8.1. 1.9 pre-release is coming today as well, with more adventure stuff coming in 1.10.

Of all the people complaining that Mojang isn't working, they surely are releasing lots of stuff lately.

Man, I have been doing some ssp, and these abandoned mines are a b*tch. Spiders everywhere. Though I did find some melon seeds. Time to expand the farm!

1.9 Changes I've observed so far, will update this post.

Villages have NPCs, they don't currently do anything but wander around and do not fight back. They have placeholder text and a weird model.
Swamps have darker grass and water, they also have lilypads now. Lilypads can be collected.
Red flowers are more common again.
Same world seed produces completely different world, so any 1.8 worlds will have an abrupt edge betwene 1.8 and 1.9 areas.
Snow biomes are back! Huge and rare, according to chatter and screenshots on Minecraft Forums! Havent found one myself though.
XP /Levels remains unimplemented, you get XP for jumping for testing purposes so they can test XP orbs more easily.
Enderman SMP aggro seems to be fixed.

Item IDs:

111 - Some kind of mushroom biome grass block with particle effect, no name.
112 - Nether Brick
113 - Nether Fence? No name
114 - Nether Brick Stairs
115 - Nether Wart.. looks like a nether mushroom
369 - Blaze Rod. Dunno what this does.
370 - Ghast Tear. Dunno
371 - Some yellow gem looking deal. Dunno.
372 - Nether Wart, looks a little different than the other one.

Last edited:
Seems like this is a real hectic time in minecraft for me to make a comeback haha

wow that is a HUGE list of new blocks. We may have to redo the world.

Its still early enough to not matter to me. Just hope it comes out soon!

dude server will update im sure.

we need to keep in mind 2.0 will be released in november at Minecon.

They aren't kidding about snow/mushroom biomes being rare, been flying for like forever in creative and haven't found either. We'll be very lucky to find a seed that has both ina reasonable distance from spawn.

dude server will update im sure.

we need to keep in mind 2.0 will be released in november at Minecon.

There's a 1.10 coming next, too.

I'm just going to wait until 2.0 before touching Minecraft. I haven't touched Minecraft since like 1.2-1.3ish.

And I found an ENORMOUS snow biome on the atlantis seed (looks like tundra with smatterings of grass so trees can grow). It was so big that at some point I thought I was crossing an open ocean, but it was entirely enclosed by the snow biome.

Frozen river cutting through the biome
20110922125541.png

Ice forming "gridlines"
20110922125748.png

Shroom biomes, on the other hand, seem like they might take on the proportions of a legend. A first in a series of mythical biomes, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back