• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice forming "gridlines"
20110922125748.png


Shroom biomes, on the other hand, seem like they might take on the proportions of a legend. A first in a series of mythical biomes, perhaps?
That has been a problem since forever by the way.
 
BTW guys, I took a look at Hardcraft seed we've been usin on Dude's on 1.9. It isn't a completely different world like I initially suspected in SMP. The village is there and everything, but you spawn closer to it. The biomes are different though.

The desert is the same, but the swamp has more water in it, etc.

Doing quick comparison render.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31298882/Hardcraft181.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31298882/Hardcraft19.png

The village layout is different, but the desert has the same exact borders, ponds, etc. But the biomes shake out differently...
 
Last edited:
Minecraft.jar file (which I downloaded from twitter), doesn't seem to be opening on my mac, I'll try it on desktop (pc) in a bit, but wanted to test it right meow, anyone have any idea what's causing it not to open? "minecraft.jar file could not be launched"
 
Minecraft.jar file (which I downloaded from twitter), doesn't seem to be opening on my mac, I'll try it on desktop (pc) in a bit, but wanted to test it right meow, anyone have any idea what's causing it not to open? "minecraft.jar file could not be launched"

...

You don't try and launch the jar, you replace it in your Minecraft directory and then run the launcher as usual.
 
If you guys need a place to mine go to my /home. There's more iron, coal, gold, etc there than I could ever use. It'll put in a chest with picks if you need some.

Bustyrucket
 
BTW, it's not 2.0 that will be out, it's 1.0.

The next beta will be 1.10 and therefore it'll be 1.11, 1.12, etc.
 
BTW guys, I took a look at Hardcraft seed we've been usin on Dude's on 1.9. It isn't a completely different world like I initially suspected in SMP. The village is there and everything, but you spawn closer to it. The biomes are different though.

The desert is the same, but the swamp has more water in it, etc.

Doing quick comparison render.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31298882/Hardcraft181.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31298882/Hardcraft19.png

The village layout is different, but the desert has the same exact borders, ponds, etc. But the biomes shake out differently...

That would be greeat if the desert biome was broken up.

I think we need a new seed. I'm thinking Lotheron would be a good one :)

make it so. :)
 
Apparently the Mushroom biomes only appear as islands in the middle of oceans, so pretty rare.

Another interesting note, if there is water or lava directly above a block, it will drip water or lava droplets down below.
 
Last edited:
Apparently the Mushroom biomes only appear as islands in the middle of oceans, so pretty rare.

Another interesting note, if there is water or lava directly above a block, it will drip water or lava droplets down below.

I like the mushroom island thing, pretty cool.

I LOVE the water/lava drops. Such a cool indicator if you're going to drown or burn when digging upwards. Is it only for blocks directly below water/lava, or does it also apply to blocks directly next to water/lava?
 
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but CraftBukkit now in build 1185 and is 1.8.1 stable. Also I was wonder what exactly warp mod the HardCraft server used. I would like to add it onto my personal server if at all possible.

Or even better a full list of the plugins would be nice since I like the extra recipes and stuff as well. I know some of them are posted in the OP, but I would like to know what the other ones are.

Thanks
 
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but CraftBukkit now in build 1185 and is 1.8.1 stable. Also I was wonder what exactly warp mod the HardCraft server used. I would like to add it onto my personal server if at all possible.

Or even better a full list of the plugins would be nice since I like the extra recipes and stuff as well. I know some of them are posted in the OP, but I would like to know what the other ones are.

Thanks

Search for posts by me. A while back I had put together a list of all the plugins being used. I don't think much has changed since creating that list.
 
I like the mushroom island thing, pretty cool.

I LOVE the water/lava drops. Such a cool indicator if you're going to drown or burn when digging upwards. Is it only for blocks directly below water/lava, or does it also apply to blocks directly next to water/lava?

Good question, I've only seen it up, so presumably you could still screw up horizontally :p

Here's a comparison image of Hardcraft seed that we've been using on Dude's server in 1.8.1 and 1.9 for anyone who is curious.

Some of the biomes are identical, some are different. Most of the ocean getting wiped out by a mountain range is the most startling change.
 
Last edited:
Someone made a border smoothing tool for 1.8 that should still work with 1.9, so if the borders on dudewth's server are all cliffs when it gets expanded for 1.9, the tool will make the cliffs the same height as the other terrain and put a river all the way around the old border to cover up the ugly spots.
 
Good question, I've only seen it up, so presumably you could still screw up horizontally :p

Here's a comparison image of Hardcraft seed that we've been using on Dude's server in 1.8.1 and 1.9 for anyone who is curious.

Some of the biomes are identical, some are different. Most of the ocean getting wiped out by a mountain range is the most startling change.

Wow, that is a huge difference.
 
Can someone post that picture somewhere other then dropbox or a file sharing service? They're blocked here at work :(
 
Can someone post that picture somewhere other then dropbox or a file sharing service? They're blocked here at work :(

I put it on Dropbox because the various image hosting sites resize the thing without my permission, and people complained that those were blocked at their work too.. lol.
 
yay! Thank you!

And wow, that's pretty significantly different. It's neat that there are so many villages in such a small area now. Looks like they've been tweaked to popup more.
 
Here is a render I did of the atlantis seed in 1.9.

It has the very edge of a HUGE snow biome in it.

That's cool! Who else wants to see a snow village?

Also, what are you using to expand your map? Minecraft Land Generator is being funny for me when rendering 1.9pre.

 
That's cool! Who else wants to see a snow village?

Also, what are you using to expand your map? Minecraft Land Generator is being funny for me when rendering 1.9pre.

I'm using "fly around in creative mode manually" :p
 
I'll update to the recommended build of bukkit when less people are on the server. Guess we'll see how quickly 1.9 takes to come out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top