The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW seems we still have some griefers possibly. Was just on and when you warp to corsair, to the right was alll blown up. I think it was OC's house there? The boardwalk and that house was gone. Big hole in ground. Part of fishing pier gone also. We repaired the pier and had to fill in the water, but that place on the right is gone, and the fishery needs a roof still.

Nick checked logs, apparantly others noticed this a few days ago.

I know I was on earlier this week, it was fine, i always warp to corsair to make sure nobody screwed with my stuff... and it was fine then. Tonight though, a bit screwed up.

Also someone keeps going to my place and leaving my doors open. And the door inside the mob zoo was left OPEN. That doors protected, which tells me an admin must have opened it, only way it can get opened... but it was never CLOSED.

Kinda bugs me. Its protected for a reason so that nobody goes and screws with my spawners, then an admin just leaves the door open... look i dont mind if an admin goes and looks around but close the damn door behind you to keep out those from poking around and opening doors they should not be opening.

Does anybody even use the nether? It has worked previously, but i never see anybody doing anything in there...
Yes. Some people have homes there.

Also someone keeps going to my place and leaving my doors open. And the door inside the mob zoo was left OPEN. That doors protected, which tells me an admin must have opened it, only way it can get opened... but it was never CLOSED.

Kinda bugs me. Its protected for a reason so that nobody goes and screws with my spawners, then an admin just leaves the door open... look i dont mind if an admin goes and looks around but close the damn door behind you to keep out those from poking around and opening doors they should not be opening.

Calm down. Admins can't open protected doors or chests. Only the level above admins can.

BTW seems we still have some griefers possibly. Was just on and when you warp to corsair, to the right was alll blown up. I think it was OC's house there? The boardwalk and that house was gone. Big hole in ground. Part of fishing pier gone also. We repaired the pier and had to fill in the water, but that place on the right is gone, and the fishery needs a roof still.

Nick checked logs, apparantly others noticed this a few days ago.

I know I was on earlier this week, it was fine, i always warp to corsair to make sure nobody screwed with my stuff... and it was fine then. Tonight though, a bit screwed up.

that was me

i filled the basement of my admin building with tnt and blew it up

i had 2 stacks of tnt that i wanted to use before we start on a fresh map :)

so I'd like to know for sure if we are keeping this map or not, when the new update is coming out. I know all the people I have talked to have said they want to keep it as a sub-map

Well, the vote has basically been split into a 3rd options

1. Totally new Map
2. Sub 1.8
3. Split the community (not many people probably want this)

yes, all maps will always have borders, exploring is actually another way some players Grief servers, with the ability to move fast they explore out so far that the map size becomes so large it starts lagging servers and using up memory/harddrive space.

if we go with option #2 Wasteland and Skyland and the Lobby will go away. we will then create a warp for each maps spawn point /warp Hardcraft1, Hardcraft2, Hardcraft3

it will be 3000 x 3000 just like the current HC1/2 maps are.

And I guess I should mention, we aren't deleting this map, so please don't destroy things, I've never lost a permanent map yet. I've got the original HC map still to this day just as it was the last day it was online. I'll keep this one the same way. Relics of their time, they'll tell stories for MC players to come, if Notch doesn't destroy the game in the process of course..

My apologies, I meant will it have the large borders previously discussed (such as 10,000).

What are the predicted differences between option 1 and option 2 besides the obvious keeping of the current map and having multiple maps?

Well, the vote has basically been split into a 3rd options

1. Totally new Map
2. Sub 1.8
3. Split the community (not many people probably want this)

Split the community how?

My votes on new map completely, and if necessary make the current map a sub map. Not the primary.

I know we've all put a lot of work into the current world, but people need to realize MC is not like an MMO, where the world stays persistent for as long as you can play. Once the final MC release is out, then I think we can all hope for that kind of up-time. But until then...

Hopefully this will clear things up... if not get a lot closer.

1. Totally new map/plugins the works as if we just started.
- 1 map 10,000 x 10,000 border
- economy plugin (possibly)economy
- new fully functional nether lol

2. Keep current server/map setup.
- 3 maps 3,000 x 3,000 each #3 being the 1.8 map
- no economy

I vote option 1. It would be nice if the memorial at least could be imported to the new map, or HC1 kept accessible but static for historical purposes.

I think it's better just to start over though, especially with the 10k size limit.

I think the fresh start is a better option. Frankly having all the different worlds just makes things super fragmented and spreads the community thin. There is no hope of ever connecting everything via a rail system for example, but mostly it's just the idea that you're no longer sharing one world with dozens of others.

option 1

is there a way that we cant start with a starters package with like some stone and diamond tools and maybe a few diamonds?

Option 1.

But we have to rebuild the memorial and stuff first. Or at least try to recreate some of the stuff we already have, as landmarks and whatnot.

Ugh, i dunno... rebuilding everything from scratch... took a long time to make my mob grinder, everything else isnt too hard but it takes a while to make a dang grinder, and that only happens after ive mined and made myself a little home... gonna take a while.

I GUESS i could go for a new map, but ONLY if we have that plugin where we can repair tools, otherwise im gonna go through tools trying to get things built up... plus it took me a long time to harvast all my diamonds, i dont have much left but again, took a lot of minig, weeks of it, to get where i am, i dont play much these days so its really up to you guys, but i know the fiance isnt gonna bare to have me start over, lol

how would that ruin diamonds if we all get like 5 or something? there are plenty more in the game

Everyone has one, they'd be essentially worthless right away. Think if De Beers offered a day where everyone could get one diamond free. Kinda shoot the value of a diamond in the foot.

People who have more than one account could hoard a large collection.

It just wouldn't be a very good idea, especially if we're going to have an economy (money) plugin (which I think is an awesome idea).

Instead of a set of diamonds to start with, a starting amount in the economy would be a nice bonus. Maybe enough to buy up to three diamonds. That way we can choose what we start with.

Instead of a set of diamonds to start with, a starting amount in the economy would be a nice bonus. Maybe enough to buy up to three diamonds. That way we can choose what we start with.

If this would be possible (NPC's selling items), I think this would be a very fair way to work it. Maybe only for veterans or whatnot, so the system isn't abused.

It'd probably entice people more to switch to a blank slate, since they won't start with zero, and it won't ruin the value of any particular item.

I like the option of starting a new map, with larger borders and other 1.8 enhancements.

I do have one question, if we keep the current world will the items we mined in the current world be available in the new world?

Last edited:
I like the option of starting a new map, with larger borders and other 1.8 enhancements.

I do have one question, if we keep the current world will the items we mined i the current world be available in the new world?

No, items are actually saved in the map files lol

I could start everyone with a set of TOOLS which would be 7 diamonds

I want a new map. But we need to make sure 1.8 doesnt fuck up before switching to it. I dont care for starter pack. The memorial was mostly made with iron tools.

Also if we do this, i want to make a huge party with everyone who participated in hardcraft.

No, items are actually saved in the map files lol

I could start everyone with a set of TOOLS which would be 7 diamonds
I think things would be much more interesting if we started with nothing, giving diamond tools pretty much eliminates half of the fun (more fun to some than others) of building your way up from nothing.

I think things would be much more interesting if we started with nothing, giving diamond tools pretty much eliminates half of the fun (more fun to some than others) of building your way up from nothing.

THIS
BTW, here is a preliminary sketch of the arena. 80 blocks in diameter, as opposed to the 50 of the last. I think I will need the extra resolution. This time, I think it will be more of an indoor arboretum. Also, I think it will be partially submerged:
Arena.png

I know it's small, but 1 pixel=1block. Makes things easier.
The cross os actually there, defining the edges of the glass dome. Plus suspended platforms, w/a house.

Ok, no free stuff

I also vote nobody has OPs, its a completely un-needed position. Little to no benifit to having ops at all.

Btw repair mod was put in because of limited supply of diamonds, it will no longer be limited.

Last edited:
I've been hording materials for 2 months now to build a project I wanted to build. I can't say as the idea of loosing it all appeals to me very much.

Well I had thought of moving HC1 to a low power box, ill have to remove some of the more demanding plugins but it would keep it alive for the few who want to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back