The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
those asking for whitelist, sorry for the wait, doing maintenance to the server, gonna have to put you on hold for a day or so, sorry!

to all of [H]

http://Hardcraft.dyndns.org:8123

you can change the map view settings on the right side menu (it pops out when you hover to the right)

tiles are updated when there is a block change, break or build matters not.

it will update in real-time so this is a stress test, once the map if fully rendered or at least the major parts, I plan on putting at least a 10 - 20 minute delay on the map's tiles.

if the server gets lagged because of this please, one of the regulars PM me so I can take it down until we get our upgrade or adjust the time on the updates to help accommodate :)

NickTheNut has already volunteered to work on things, make it unique to us. (we got a lot of work to do nick)

anyone else that knows there way around a website and it's workings, PHP, JAVA, MySQL all that stuff. That is willing to help out, and well I got plans and I'd like to have a group of people able to tell me sure we can do that. we gotta make Hardcraft stand out from all the other servers! we are [H] and we wouldn't be [H] if we were not the best at what we do!

Last edited:
lol I didn't know what you meant was all. Anyways it'll be cool to venture off and help build stuff :)

Hey all! Been a while!
This second semester has been hectic and I am headed into my final week. FINALS! After that, I will be around much more often. I miss the crew!

those asking for whitelist, sorry for the wait, doing maintenance to the server, gonna have to put you on hold for a day or so, sorry!

Do whatever you need to to keep the server running well, but when you get the chance could I get whitelisted? Username is DGerry

I've spent enough time looking at screenshots and overhead maps, I need to see this place in person :D

I think now its the time to make a community project. Corsair lake is interesting , people need to build around it !

Ill be the first to start. :D

Im still trying to find this damn boardwalk you guys speak of.. where is it.

zexx has been helping me with my mob killer and i helped him with his secret project yesterday... speaking of which, anybody got any diamonds, i used like 9-12 up digging out something for zexx last night, took a few hours

Im still trying to find this damn boardwalk you guys speak of.. where is it.

zexx has been helping me with my mob killer and i helped him with his secret project yesterday... speaking of which, anybody got any diamonds, i used like 9-12 up digging out something for zexx last night, took a few hours

warp to ocbaud's home. It's there.

I'm running low on diamonds as well. Otherwise I'd give you a few.

I'll see if I can do some mining just been busy building up structures and digging out 9 levels of cobble about 40x40 wide uses a lot of diamond tools

Is the server back up? I'm getting an "Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset" error, which is different than the "timed out" error from a day or two ago.

EDIT: I'm also running low on diamonds. I've mined a crapton and only found maybe a dozen after hours and hours of mining. Seems like the world generated is just not very diamond-filled. :(

Is the server back up? I'm getting an "Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset" error, which is different than the "timed out" error from a day or two ago.

did you updated ?

if so we can help you revert back

Can someone help me out a bit. Im having a problem with my mob killing machine. It spawns them in the air in a box, 4 levels, and drops them into a moving pool of water. If the drop doesnt kill them (75% chance it will) then a lava grinder finishes them off. Problem is, as i get more levels closer to the ground, the drop will be less and they won't die. So the lava grinder will finish them off. Well it seems im getting about a 90% failure rate on my lava grinder. Where items will catch on fire. I've seen the items catch on fire and lose them. Can someone help me out, maybe figure out whats going on? Here are a few photos of the grinder mechanism and a video of a spider falling in and dieing. The spider tried to climb out but this happens with other mobs, where they are too high in the grinder and the item is lost:

5652183871_759e67a200_b.jpg

5642813044_7d2fe6ffbc_b.jpg

Heres a link to a short video of a spider falling in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahdYV0D0Osk

dig the water 1 more block back from the start point. Your water is whats causing it to go wrong.

Which way? The water initiates from the right. and ends 1 block in front of where the lava overhangs.
Directly underneath the lava overhang is where my lower water level starts.

So which way should i go back? I have basically ONE spot (right below lava) that the mobs stand in basically... are you saying I should bring the water back one to the right and then have TWO blocks basically where the mobs would stand in?

He means your water path, in its entirety, needs to be ONE more block in length.

Ohh gotcha... so one more block BEFORE it falls??? Im a little confused because its a continuins stream from the top to the bottom Or do you mean that I need the last block of my water block to FALL so that the "suction" pulls them down perhaps?

everyone building on the boardwalk, i would love if we could have a sewer entrance into the 'basement' of whatever you build.

that said, someone started building close to the dock with the netherportal on it, and i made an entrance to the sewer as an example :)

everyone building on the boardwalk, i would love if we could have a sewer entrance into the 'basement' of whatever you build.

that said, someone started building close to the dock with the netherportal on it, and i made an entrance to the sewer as an example :)

I think that was me........

Ohh gotcha... so one more block BEFORE it falls??? Im a little confused because its a continuins stream from the top to the bottom Or do you mean that I need the last block of my water block to FALL so that the "suction" pulls them down perhaps?
You know what, I think an easier way of doing it would be to just move your lava line, the whole thing in every way, BACK one square.

I made some changes, pushed water back to the right one block and now it dives more... i didnt get many mobs, the one skeleton that went into lava, i did get his bone... so maybe its fixed, whatcha think:

5653828971_7a54249552_b.jpg

Do whatever you need to to keep the server running well, but when you get the chance could I get whitelisted? Username is DGerry

I've spent enough time looking at screenshots and overhead maps, I need to see this place in person :D

added

added apple tree mod.

5% chance to get a apple from a leaf, heals 2 hearts when eaten.

.5% chance to get golden apples.. heals all hearts.

apples aren't in the game unless added in like this.. according to wiki only way to get a red apple is to add it in or kill notch... notch keeps an apple on him I guess...

btw, it only works if you hit the leaves, so no mass producing from tree farms that easy!

Last edited:
Incase anyone wanted to know:

top - 15:17:49 up 2 days, 2:19, 2 users, load average: 0.53, 0.68, 0.77
Tasks: 100 total, 1 running, 99 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 12.7%us, 0.5%sy, 0.0%ni, 86.8%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 3340876k total, 1339344k used, 2001532k free, 72864k buffers
Swap: 2598908k total, 19024k used, 2579884k free, 393832k cached

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
30169 minecraf 20 0 2513m 652m 10m S 26 20.0 1:37.56 java
27953 minecraf 20 0 70660 1612 876 S 0 0.0 0:00.84 sshd
27954 minecraf 20 0 24968 6448 1620 S 0 0.2 0:00.41 bash
28028 minecraf 20 0 70660 1616 876 S 0 0.0 0:01.89 sshd
28029 minecraf 20 0 24968 6444 1620 S 0 0.2 0:00.44 bash
28065 minecraf 20 0 19276 1388 1052 R 0 0.0 0:45.79 top
30055 minecraf 20 0 70660 1620 880 S 0 0.0 0:00.01 sshd
30056 minecraf 20 0 12640 1008 748 S 0 0.0 0:00.01 sftp-server
30083 minecraf 20 0 70660 1616 876 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 sshd
30084 minecraf 20 0 12520 892 724 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 sftp-server
30166 minecraf 20 0 26464 1156 924 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 screen

did you updated ?

if so we can help you revert back

I did, but the funny thing is, I got the exact same error with 1.4_01 as well. I actually figured that the reason it wasn't working was because the server had updated, so I did...and then it still didn't work. :(

So I guess now my question is, why isn't the server updated yet? My personal server runs Bukkit and there is a build for 1.5_01 so there's really no excuse there...

Thanks!

I was just on for a while, and I have to say the memorial area is fantastic.

Beyond that, there's just so much stuff built up all over the place! I started off exploring a bit, but I decided I needed to get down to business and build a home-base of some kind. Who built the two towers with the bridge extending between them, fairly near the spawn? I couldn't say what direction I was traveling(I guess if I paid attention to the path of the sun I could figure it out), but it was fairly near the spawn. Any public /home's I should check out? Particularly one near the boardwalk, because I didn't really know where to go to find it? lol

Man you guys missed an interesting 2 hours... i was trying to fix my mob killer so i blocked off the dropping mobs... that meant 4 levels of mobs spawning with nowhere to go... welll blocking it off was easy, of course with 30+ monsters waiting to come raining on me, unblocking it was another story... i got killed about 5 times in the process... two of which were from creepers blowing shit up... man it was interesting... i made some videos of me attempting to do it... after i finally got it open it was just RAINING mobs for a good minute... lol never did get the lava grinder working 100%, i guess its as good as its gonna get really

Ahh crap, i went to try something new and a creeper blew me and my shit up. I lost a diamond pick axe, diamond sword, diamond axe, a thing of glass... UGH.. NOT a happy camper right now. And i had to fix the big ass hole the creeper made. That meant getting more lava and running for more sand, and making more glass... greaaaaaat... down to like 3 diamond now and a diamond pick axe... i hate mining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back