The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to add to or modify the building I started if you want to.
/home bustyrucket

Couple of questions for Greatone123 or anyone else who can answer.

I would PM this, but I though this question may be useful to others.

What mods/plugins are running on the server? I know you are using the Craftbukkit with plugins, but what specifically.

Also, how did you make the portcullis for your castle work?
I can make the portcullis go up, but not back down when I cut off the switch.

Thanks in advance,
IC

Whitelist
Lockette
portcullis
Growbie
Myhome
informant
honeypot
Xsign

That's the top my head...

For the potcullis power has to be touching fence at all times. So if it goes up past the power level it wont go down. I still need to add that to th OP

So a 4 high frame and 2 high fence wont work. Has to be 5 highfram with 3 fence minimum so that center section always touches

Dont forget Minecart mania! Without it my rails are useless!

Hey greatone, can you add something to the OP saying that you have to build a certain distance away from spawn? Thanks!

Hey greatone, can you add something to the OP saying that you have to build a certain distance away from spawn? Thanks!

Don't tell me someone is building that walk way again?

There has to be a way to find out who is buildind that crap...

I don't have the resources yet to do what I need... so we all just need to keep an eye open I guess.... interigate all who get in... /worlddomination

Just as a FYI, my roadway from my home to the memeorial area was messed with. They removed some cobblestone and changed the desgin of my bridge. Easily fixed, but still :(

Last edited:
I don't know why people think they can just change other people's things, you gotta be a pretty big dbag to just run up and start modifying someone's structure without asking. Just because you think your idea is better doesn't make it so.

dont for now.

i want to talk to him

ICTerify and I started the area around spawn. Just leveling it out for now and adding some structure (stairs and all that) so others can start building cool stuff. :)

Invert , i hope you finish your job!

who made the walkway in the sky around the memorial?

Yea im trying to finish the mountain side, taking me forever and been busy, but ill get around to it, sorry for taking so long, would love some help, didnt know that mountain would take that long..

Who is the person that is taking down stuff? did we find out?

Yeah we found the person responsible and removed them from the whitelist.

We need to setup requirements for admission, just being a member of the forum isn't enough apparently. Was also thinking of making tags for veteran members of Hardcraft and Hashland
Like an [H] before their names

We really need to keep trees clear of the railway. I logged in just a bit ago and saw some trees burning. I tried to cut it off before it spread but it managed to get to the railway.

Did some damage before I managed to isolate it and cover it in water. I've manage to repair almost all of it but Im a couple pieces of rail short.

Tracked down the probable ignition source of the trees to some netherrack that was burning between the rail station and the spawn.

Anyway, be super careful guys, especially with netherrack and trees. Fire can spread a few tiles away, it doesn't have to be right next door.

We really need to keep trees clear of the railway. I logged in just a bit ago and saw some trees burning. I tried to cut it off before it spread but it managed to get to the railway.

Did some damage before I managed to isolate it and cover it in water. I've manage to repair almost all of it but Im a couple pieces of rail short.

Tracked down the probable ignition source of the trees to some netherrack that was burning between the rail station and the spawn.

Anyway, be super careful guys, especially with netherrack and trees. Fire can spread a few tiles away, it doesn't have to be right next door.

Thanks for helping with that! I added the last pieces of rail. Everything seems to be back in working order now.

I read the OP. I'm not sure it was there the first couple of times I checked it.

What software did you use to make the maps of the world? I'd love to run that on my minecraft server.

I grabbed this on friday and put up a server for me and my friend and spent most of the weekend playing, kind of addicted now. I might apply for access to this server, the main problem I have is other people messing with my stuff, I don't want to find that a load of hard work has been trashed, I know there is protection against that but still there's always a risk.

I'll come back for access in a few weeks

I grabbed this on friday and put up a server for me and my friend and spent most of the weekend playing, kind of addicted now. I might apply for access to this server, the main problem I have is other people messing with my stuff, I don't want to find that a load of hard work has been trashed, I know there is protection against that but still there's always a risk.

I'll come back for access in a few weeks

Besides our recent incident, Hardcraft has not had any griefing. And that wasn't so much destruction of other's builds. It was someone building god awful structures literally on top of spawn, and around a specific build that is rather dear to quite a few of us (it being a memorial for a member who passed away)

There was some theft as well, but all was recovered I believe. We also do have chest protection plugins installed.

Besides our recent incident, Hardcraft has not had any griefing. And that wasn't so much destruction of other's builds. It was someone building god awful structures literally on top of spawn, and around a specific build that is rather dear to quite a few of us (it being a memorial for a member who passed away)

There was some theft as well, but all was recovered I believe. We also do have chest protection plugins installed.

This, plus the community that is on the server is top-notch, there were several projects this weekend that saw 3 to 5, if not more people working together to get the job done.

wow... thats creepy...

any clue?

yea we think it's the nether. someone went to similar coordinates in the nether and there were real explosions there. at least it doesn't destroy stuff in the "real" world.

greatone , any way to remove certain people to get kick from idling?

id like to fill my inventory of gunpowder and arrows at Dog's

Truly annoying that MC crashes when I use the far distance. Was fine before one of the updates (may have been the beta update).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back