*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by cornelious0_0, Dec 5, 2004.

1. yang88she

yang88she 2[H]4U

2. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

HAHAHA im getting the same chip!

3. cornelious0_0

cornelious0_0 [H]ardForum Junkie

We'll see, after looking at the total cost of that setup....I'd rather just throw an X2 4400+ in my current rig for $400 or so less on the CPU, and I needed more ram anyways...so I'll stick A64, but gonna just do an X2 4400+ on h2O instead of forking over the cash for that Intel rig, doesn't seem to be worth the extra coin to me.

yang88she.....sry, but I can't take that submission....please check the other posters for the proper screenshot method.....I need the pic of SuperPi when it has just finished the calculation and has the "finished" window on the screen....because that screen you showed me can VERY easily be faked...and it's not a viable option on which to take times.

4. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

Corn...i feal ya on the price tag but ya know..im a Intel Freak...so i got to have it,u should take a look at my 2 stage build up some time :) Im shooting for a good -110*c cascade :cool:

5. zhaizor

zhaizor n00b

Damn.. I suck I got 42.7 seconds. And I have a P4 2.4C overclocked to 3.3GHz and 1100 FSB.

6. cornelious0_0

Very nice bro.....what I'll probly be looking at doing is picking up a chilly1 singlestager to run on my 840 EE 24/7 when/if I get it...and then putting the X900XT on it's own water loop.

I can't justify a cascade when I'd wanna be LANing with the same rig, and when I'm building this for school/work related stuff....and I might even just do seperate water loops for the CPU and GPU....we'll see, spose I could throw a 226W Pelt on the 840 if anything....but I might just stick with a water based setup confined within my (up and coming) PC-7B Plus Lian-Li.

7. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

Lappy = work pc
    Cheap P4 rig = lan
    PWN rig = 2.5 million pound 5+ ghz MONSTER! (that never need's to leave your room)
    :D

8. cornelious0_0

I will/would be happy if I even had 2 rigs running.....its no fun when my main/only machine is down 'cus of a PSU, especially when I'm flippin' broke. :(

9. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

10. cornelious0_0

Replied, you're my hero m8. :cool:

11. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There ya go corn,18kt gold plated psu's are allway's sexy,did a rail mod and a fan mod to it,also disabled the OVP on the rail's i pre set it for u,should be enuff to make ya happy for a while.

12. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]

I just retested it,not having any issues holding me stable with my current rig -the vapo and chiller.

13. cornelious0_0

Holy crap man....thx a bunch.....I'll try to repay the favor however I can. :D

14. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

15. cornelious0_0

Just did, but have to go....I'll check it tonight.

16. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

17. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

18. cornelious0_0

VERY nice bro...can't wait to see the results out of your 2stager.....lookin' very nice. :D :cool:

19. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

Tks corn,psu ship's Tuesday as planed,2 stage better be done in 2 week's!

20. cornelious0_0

So it went out today or that was a typo and you're sending it tomorrow? What's the estimated shipping time?

21. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

Typo,sorry

ETA idk yet,ill pm ya tomorrow.

22. cornelious0_0

Sounds good.....might not get it under supper time cus I work 9-5:30 tomorrow...but I'll talk to ya then for sure. You're my hero. :cool:

23. mikelz85

mikelz85 [H]ard|Gawd

well, this should land me on the top ten, not half bad IMO for such a low cpu clockspeed in comparison to the others, though I'm sure I could do some more damage without the IHS.
    venice 3000+@2.935Ghz, 267Mhz memory, 24min. 50.00sec.

[​IMG]

24. cornelious0_0

not bad at all man.....nice showing. :cool:

25. mikelz85

mikelz85 [H]ard|Gawd

Didn't mean to badger you cornelious, just a little too eager to see my name I guess.

I was a tad bit surprised that people are running processors that fast (which to me implies phase change) but not extreme memory OC's as well, though my 267 isn't exactly extreme, some of the timings are pretty tight. I can't imagine what I could do with some really killer old school bh-5. That's probably what the very top tiers are reserved for. I figured there was no way that I'd make the top ten without 3ghz, but I guess it can be done. Makes me want to spend some money on ramblocks (chiller in loop), though I still have yet to see a decent one for sale, just some no-name crap at SVC for ~$20 each, which for plastic fittings seems steep. The other was a euro make (not alphacool), and sold for 1.5 times what my RAM did. Either way, I'll do it eventually, as I'm curious as to what sub 0C temps would yield on winbond memory. Has anyone done it before?

The next step is to work on taking some of the FXs down a notch or two, which hopefully will happen when I get the tech tour bundle next tuesday, I'm pretty sure the 3200+ is a venice, right? I'd imagine it'd be a pretty early week at that, so maybe it'll be a better OC'er than my 3000+, either way, the best one is getting naked for the 3ghz showing.

As far as the CPU goes, it just won't do anything past 2.933, and even that was pushing it. I wish it just kept scaling well, but at around 2.8-2.85 it really starts needing juice, though that's also where my load temps start to go up a fair amount. Hopefully losing the IHS will really improve temps, especially with the chiller running sub 0C coolant, it might make a decent difference, hopefully a 66mhz one.

26. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

Chilling ram wont gain u much if any bro,i have tried it,gave me maby 3mhz.....

27. mikelz85

mikelz85 [H]ard|Gawd

what kind of ram? How cold was it, and how did you chill it?

28. cornelious0_0

On air cooling, removing the IHS dropped my load temp by 7C.

29. mikelz85

mikelz85 [H]ard|Gawd

Those are the results that have me thinking my load temps might get pretty nice without that stupid piece of aluminum in the way. Though I wonder how it will turn out with chilled water instead of air, could be the same drop, could be larger, could be smaller.

30. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

bh-5,used the low side of my dd to cool the ram to -12*c (big ass headache)

31. mikelz85

mikelz85 [H]ard|Gawd

did you try bumping the voltage up a ton? Were you able to drop the voltage down to yield the same overclock? I mean, just 3mhz? I would have thought the sub zero temps would have at least allowed for more vdimm, and thus more mhz, or less vdimm and the same mhz. Unless ch-5 is a different enigma once supercooled, I may rethink this project, as most of my reasoning was that I hadn't seen it done before. Grr, I really would have thought the high vdimm loving winbond stuff would like low temps. At least to the tune of 10 or 15mhz.

32. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

From what i have seen bro it wont help u enuff to bother with it,try just adding some nice sink's and a active fan to it,or just get some water block's for it if u want the leet effect :) then go buy some mushkin pc4000 redline bh-5! :D

33. SpoogeMonkey

SpoogeMonkey 2[H]4U

Not a top 10 breaker, but almost as good as a p4 @ 4+ghz :cool:
    27m 47.37sec @ 2779mhz
    [​IMG]

Time for some more tweaking.

34. Sucka

Sucka Gawd

I'll try to squeeze some more out of it another time. Just an un-tweaked run on the new CPU.

[​IMG]

35. Captin Insano

Captin Insano Gawd

Ok sucka Thats just sick bro!! I knew it would be seen sooner or later. just cant wait til my FX57my DFI SLI board and new 7800GTX cards get here. DAMN thats a awesome time for super pi. In fact it beats the standing record by hipro5... Major fast !!!

36. mikelz85

mikelz85 [H]ard|Gawd

well, I put some PC toys copper spreaders on the twinmos, and then a panaflo 80mm blows across both sticks. I can't get it much higher than ~267-271mhz, so I'm not sure if really expensive redline would even do any better than my twinmos.

37. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=924257

Built me a nother single stage,i hope ot have the new evap here next week so i can start tuneing it,it will give me a good stable oc for a pi time..but the real magic will happen with my cascade :)

38. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

Ok Corn the psu is suposed to be there this week,LMK when u get it

39. BitchBreaker

BitchBreaker [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]
    im starting to lay out some high fsb number's.my new VX ram will be here this week with my ddr booster so i think ill be able to run 300fsb stable.

40. cornelious0_0

I will, but let me know if you want it back....because as of now I'm selling off my entire setup and saving to build an Intel shuttle and pickup an LCD monitor. Sry for just letting you know now...but I haven't been around much. If you don't need it back I could use it in my parents comp...but let me know.