*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

cornelious0_0 said:
Haha....no, I really dont......but I've got other plans myself.

Gonna be taking some classes, and then with school and what's coming after it, I'm gonna betaking a more professional look/approach to my comp.....getting a better job to pay for school and taking a few months first to build a new rig.....i can't STAND the ridiculous lack of multitasking abilities of this damn cpu. My rig (hopefully) by the end of the year will be roughly the following:

- Intel P4 EE 840 3.2GHz Dual Core (4 threads baby!!!)
- Asus P5WD2 i955X mobo
- 2x1GB Mushkin XP2 PC2-6400 DDR2
- nVidia 7800GTX or ATI X900XT

It'll be a blast.....I need to make the switch back.....I could just go with an X2 4400+.....but for what I'm gonna be doing (graphics/web design.....and then multimedia/3d animation shortly after) the 840 Extreme Edition is still going to be the chip for me for the same cash.....

HAHAHA im getting the same chip!

BitchBreaker said:
HAHAHA im getting the same chip!

We'll see, after looking at the total cost of that setup....I'd rather just throw an X2 4400+ in my current rig for $400 or so less on the CPU, and I needed more ram anyways...so I'll stick A64, but gonna just do an X2 4400+ on h2O instead of forking over the cash for that Intel rig, doesn't seem to be worth the extra coin to me.

yang88she.....sry, but I can't take that submission....please check the other posters for the proper screenshot method.....I need the pic of SuperPi when it has just finished the calculation and has the "finished" window on the screen....because that screen you showed me can VERY easily be faked...and it's not a viable option on which to take times.

Corn...i feal ya on the price tag but ya know..im a Intel Freak...so i got to have it,u should take a look at my 2 stage build up some time :) Im shooting for a good -110*c cascade :cool:

Damn.. I suck I got 42.7 seconds. And I have a P4 2.4C overclocked to 3.3GHz and 1100 FSB.

BitchBreaker said:
Corn...i feal ya on the price tag but ya know..im a Intel Freak...so i got to have it,u should take a look at my 2 stage build up some time :) Im shooting for a good -110*c cascade :cool:

Very nice bro.....what I'll probly be looking at doing is picking up a chilly1 singlestager to run on my 840 EE 24/7 when/if I get it...and then putting the X900XT on it's own water loop.

I can't justify a cascade when I'd wanna be LANing with the same rig, and when I'm building this for school/work related stuff....and I might even just do seperate water loops for the CPU and GPU....we'll see, spose I could throw a 226W Pelt on the 840 if anything....but I might just stick with a water based setup confined within my (up and coming) PC-7B Plus Lian-Li.

cornelious0_0 said:
Very nice bro.....what I'll probly be looking at doing is picking up a chilly1 singlestager to run on my 840 EE 24/7 when/if I get it...and then putting the X900XT on it's own water loop.

I can't justify a cascade when I'd wanna be LANing with the same rig, and when I'm building this for school/work related stuff....and I might even just do seperate water loops for the CPU and GPU....we'll see, spose I could throw a 226W Pelt on the 840 if anything....but I might just stick with a water based setup confined within my (up and coming) PC-7B Plus Lian-Li.

Lappy = work pc
Cheap P4 rig = lan
PWN rig = 2.5 million pound 5+ ghz MONSTER! (that never need's to leave your room)
:D

BitchBreaker said:
Lappy = work pc
Cheap P4 rig = lan
PWN rig = 2.5 million pound 5+ ghz MONSTER! (that never need's to leave your room)
:D

I will/would be happy if I even had 2 rigs running.....its no fun when my main/only machine is down 'cus of a PSU, especially when I'm flippin' broke. :(

psu1.JPG

psu2.JPG

There ya go corn,18kt gold plated psu's are allway's sexy,did a rail mod and a fan mod to it,also disabled the OVP on the rail's i pre set it for u,should be enuff to make ya happy for a while.

psu rail's.JPG

I just retested it,not having any issues holding me stable with my current rig -the vapo and chiller.

BitchBreaker said:
Typo,sorry

ETA idk yet,ill pm ya tomorrow.

Sounds good.....might not get it under supper time cus I work 9-5:30 tomorrow...but I'll talk to ya then for sure. You're my hero. :cool:

well, this should land me on the top ten, not half bad IMO for such a low cpu clockspeed in comparison to the others, though I'm sure I could do some more damage without the IHS.
venice [email protected], 267Mhz memory, 24min. 50.00sec.

Didn't mean to badger you cornelious, just a little too eager to see my name I guess.

I was a tad bit surprised that people are running processors that fast (which to me implies phase change) but not extreme memory OC's as well, though my 267 isn't exactly extreme, some of the timings are pretty tight. I can't imagine what I could do with some really killer old school bh-5. That's probably what the very top tiers are reserved for. I figured there was no way that I'd make the top ten without 3ghz, but I guess it can be done. Makes me want to spend some money on ramblocks (chiller in loop), though I still have yet to see a decent one for sale, just some no-name crap at SVC for ~$20 each, which for plastic fittings seems steep. The other was a euro make (not alphacool), and sold for 1.5 times what my RAM did. Either way, I'll do it eventually, as I'm curious as to what sub 0C temps would yield on winbond memory. Has anyone done it before?

The next step is to work on taking some of the FXs down a notch or two, which hopefully will happen when I get the tech tour bundle next tuesday, I'm pretty sure the 3200+ is a venice, right? I'd imagine it'd be a pretty early week at that, so maybe it'll be a better OC'er than my 3000+, either way, the best one is getting naked for the 3ghz showing.

As far as the CPU goes, it just won't do anything past 2.933, and even that was pushing it. I wish it just kept scaling well, but at around 2.8-2.85 it really starts needing juice, though that's also where my load temps start to go up a fair amount. Hopefully losing the IHS will really improve temps, especially with the chiller running sub 0C coolant, it might make a decent difference, hopefully a 66mhz one.

mikelz85 said:
Hopefully losing the IHS will really improve temps, especially with the chiller running sub 0C coolant, it might make a decent difference, hopefully a 66mhz one.

On air cooling, removing the IHS dropped my load temp by 7C.

cornelious0_0 said:
On air cooling, removing the IHS dropped my load temp by 7C.
Those are the results that have me thinking my load temps might get pretty nice without that stupid piece of aluminum in the way. Though I wonder how it will turn out with chilled water instead of air, could be the same drop, could be larger, could be smaller.

did you try bumping the voltage up a ton? Were you able to drop the voltage down to yield the same overclock? I mean, just 3mhz? I would have thought the sub zero temps would have at least allowed for more vdimm, and thus more mhz, or less vdimm and the same mhz. Unless ch-5 is a different enigma once supercooled, I may rethink this project, as most of my reasoning was that I hadn't seen it done before. Grr, I really would have thought the high vdimm loving winbond stuff would like low temps. At least to the tune of 10 or 15mhz.

From what i have seen bro it wont help u enuff to bother with it,try just adding some nice sink's and a active fan to it,or just get some water block's for it if u want the leet effect :) then go buy some mushkin pc4000 redline bh-5! :D

Not a top 10 breaker, but almost as good as a p4 @ 4+ghz :cool:
27m 47.37sec @ 2779mhz

Time for some more tweaking.

I'll try to squeeze some more out of it another time. Just an un-tweaked run on the new CPU.

32mpi.jpg

Ok sucka Thats just sick bro!! I knew it would be seen sooner or later. just cant wait til my FX57my DFI SLI board and new 7800GTX cards get here. DAMN thats a awesome time for super pi. In fact it beats the standing record by hipro5... Major fast !!!

BitchBreaker said:
From what i have seen bro it wont help u enuff to bother with it,try just adding some nice sink's and a active fan to it,or just get some water block's for it if u want the leet effect :) then go buy some mushkin pc4000 redline bh-5! :D
well, I put some PC toys copper spreaders on the twinmos, and then a panaflo 80mm blows across both sticks. I can't get it much higher than ~267-271mhz, so I'm not sure if really expensive redline would even do any better than my twinmos.

fsb.JPG

im starting to lay out some high fsb number's.my new VX ram will be here this week with my ddr booster so i think ill be able to run 300fsb stable.

Ok Corn the psu is suposed to be there this week,LMK when u get it

I will, but let me know if you want it back....because as of now I'm selling off my entire setup and saving to build an Intel shuttle and pickup an LCD monitor. Sry for just letting you know now...but I haven't been around much. If you don't need it back I could use it in my parents comp...but let me know.

Back