*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

Just got some better cooling for my 560, running a lot better now, this should move me a couple of spaces.

I have only had this processor running for about 4 hours :D

SPi 32m = 25m 25s Unpatched.

3700 San Diego @ 2.9ghz. I am going to try for 3ghz :)

I'm back guys, sry for the downtime.

Good news is my DFI Ultra-D and 3000+ Venice will be here early next week and will be matched up with my 2x256MB GSkill PC4400 LE 431 for some real fun.

I have a feeling I'll be cracking the AMD top10 once I pickup an A64 TDX waterblock and get 'er under some h2O. :cool:

I see you have switched to the dark side then Corn :D ,Is it because I have gone above you in the Intel top ten, lol :p last time I was on here you were thinking of giving that 3.4 of yours some vapo action.

Do I need to do anything else to get my name onto "the list" ? :D
Edit: NM I just realized, I havnt made the list yet.....

I got overly excited.

Agr3sive said:
I see you have switched to the dark side then Corn :D ,Is it because I have gone above you in the Intel top ten, lol :p last time I was on here you were thinking of giving that 3.4 of yours some vapo action.

That has nothing to do with it...it's nice to see people climbin' the ranks...and I'm surprised my old time stood the test of time for that long.

Naw, I'm gonna have a blast with my Venice, cross your fingers for me for a nice chip and stellar mem controller though so I can start reaching for 335x9 with my GSkill at 1:1 on the h2O.....I wanna push as close to 3GHz as I can with this thing, probly gonna pickup a 3200+ or 3500+ Venice when I've got the cash, and my new h2O setup...just for some more wiggle room.

patriot71 said:
Do I need to do anything else to get my name onto "the list" ? :D

Looks that way, seeing as you dont rank anymore bro.....get to work on that time of yours, you were bumped off the list by another new score before I submitted the changes.

cornelious0_0 said:
That has nothing to do with it...it's nice to see people climbin' the ranks...and I'm surprised my old time stood the test of time for that long.

Naw, I'm gonna have a blast with my Venice, cross your fingers for me for a nice chip and stellar mem controller though so I can start reaching for 335x9 with my GSkill at 1:1 on the h2O.....I wanna push as close to 3GHz as I can with this thing, probly gonna pickup a 3200+ or 3500+ Venice when I've got the cash, and my new h2O setup...just for some more wiggle room.

I pray for you that you get a good chip, there is a lot of 3200 Venices going round at the moment that dont clock much past 2.5. Its a shame there isnt a "try before you buy" option in the shops to make sure you get a good ocer. :D

Agr3sive said:
I pray for you that you get a good chip, there is a lot of 3200 Venices going round at the moment that dont clock much past 2.5. Its a shame there isnt a "try before you buy" option in the shops to make sure you get a good ocer. :D

Haha, good call, I just thought it'd be fun to milk the Venice core for all its worth on h2O with the cheapest chip.....that, and there was no stock of the 3200+ at the time I ordered...and now there is two days later.....argg.....

Thx for the submission monster, it's still awsome to see that people aren't dropping out of the fun of participating just because they dont rank in the Top10.

Keep 'em comin' guys, I'm waiting. ;) :D

well i'll post mine i guess

tim4ghz.jpg

i just did it today and just got the CPU a couple of days a go

oh crap i just realised 32m and not 1m anymore :S

Yeah, been like that for awhile now....and even if it wasn't...I couldn't accept that result...not from that screen....take it just after the test finishes.

BMORIN, nice time....but kinda irrelevant here, we're talking about 32M...and it's not that I dont believe you, but on the [H]ard ORB you said you were just under 3.2GHz....and that just seems like an abnormally low time for only being at 3.2GHz.

catkicker, I realise you put time into that to run the tests, but just for conformity, please re-read the first post and go pickup the 1.4mod version of SuperPi for submitted results.

I understand why you'd be wanting to show off your 1M time...but just so long as you know that it doesn't count for much of anything in this thread...

tsuehpsyde said:
On 1.472v :eek: *drooooooool*

No $hit......very nice chips those are....I'd like one myself, but funds aren't quite what I'd like.

PS: I'm back guys, but kinda busy, and I'll have Top10's and other threads up to date later tonight.

times updated...I know I won't be cracking the Top10...but I get my 0517APJW 3000+ today to replace my bunk 0516EPKW....and I'm hopin' for 2.7-2.8GHz on air...cross your fingers for me. :cool:

Ight corn..here's how it goes..im all set to take back my spot in the list for intel..and this is my weapon,(note that oc was on water only ;) )
ggg.JPG

$hit bro.....that's NICE for water.....I can hardly wait to see that thing on phase or cascade.....5GHz+ in 32M for sure. :cool:

Im @ 5ghz atm,problem is i need to build a smaller unit for my NB and add a 2 stage to my cpu,going to try and beat the holy hell out of some super PI :)

I was gonna put my chipset cooler on my northbridge but never got around to it.

I traded that P4 i had away for a deal i couldn't turn down.

Should make a dry ice container for chipset block.

mmm dryice...mmmm

Ill be setting up to bench in about 2 week's..i hope to pwn teh hell out of that intel list :)Might take on the hard arc to,i got my 6800U on the way.V mod's all the way around :)

Very nice you guys.....very, VERY nice.....

I wish I had the available cash and time to dabbled with dual stage cascade or even single stage phase cooling...but alas... :(

I'm currently waiting on a response so I can get the cross-ship RMA going on my 520W Powerstream...but fairly soon I'm going to be rebuilding my comp in a Lian-Li PC-800B desktop case so that I can easily run dryice on the cpu and gpu.

Because my comp has been "down and out" for awhile now, I haven't had time to find my max stable 32m overclock.....but my sig OC is my max 1M stable clock, so I'm still excited to get back to work on 'er.

I can't wait to get dryice runnin' on this chip to crack into the AMD Top10 here.....buddy gets his two dryice containers pretty soon, and I wanna get going...should be able to crack the top five here and show you guys what this $200 cpu can really do. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Very nice you guys.....very, VERY nice.....

I wish I had the available cash and time to dabbled with dual stage cascade or even single stage phase cooling...but alas... :(

I'm currently waiting on a response so I can get the cross-ship RMA going on my 520W Powerstream...but fairly soon I'm going to be rebuilding my comp in a Lian-Li PC-800B desktop case so that I can easily run dryice on the cpu and gpu.

Because my comp has been "down and out" for awhile now, I haven't had time to find my max stable 32m overclock.....but my sig OC is my max 1M stable clock, so I'm still excited to get back to work on 'er.

I can't wait to get dryice runnin' on this chip to crack into the AMD Top10 here.....buddy gets his two dryice containers pretty soon, and I wanna get going...should be able to crack the top five here and show you guys what this $200 cpu can really do. :cool:

$200? GEEZ! u dont wana know what a ES 561 cost me!

BitchBreaker said:
$200? GEEZ! u dont wana know what a ES 561 cost me!

Haha....no, I really dont......but I've got other plans myself.

Gonna be taking some classes, and then with school and what's coming after it, I'm gonna betaking a more professional look/approach to my comp.....getting a better job to pay for school and taking a few months first to build a new rig.....i can't STAND the ridiculous lack of multitasking abilities of this damn cpu. My rig (hopefully) by the end of the year will be roughly the following:

- Intel P4 EE 840 3.2GHz Dual Core (4 threads baby!!!)
- Asus P5WD2 i955X mobo
- 2x1GB Mushkin XP2 PC2-6400 DDR2
- nVidia 7800GTX or ATI X900XT

It'll be a blast.....I need to make the switch back.....I could just go with an X2 4400+.....but for what I'm gonna be doing (graphics/web design.....and then multimedia/3d animation shortly after) the 840 Extreme Edition is still going to be the chip for me for the same cash.....

Back