• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Just built a desktop, have a 7970 and a 670 (got it from a friend), and tested the game with both. I couldn't honestly tell a difference, both ran superb. I know I've seen a few people having issues with the 670, and nVidia in general, but I haven't seen anything that would qualify as an issue with the 670, yet anyway. Running the 306 beta drivers as well (Don't use the 301 WHQL if you plan on playing this game...get the beta's).

I have no reason to doubt you. Both cards perform similar in almost every other game as well, no reason to think this would be different. GW 2 is just demanding at the highest settings, doesn't matter which card you use. My 670 plays the game very well for me. I don't have any complaints since the last beta event when it appeared they did some optimizations.
 
I have no reason to doubt you. Both cards perform similar in almost every other game as well, no reason to think this would be different. GW 2 is just demanding at the highest settings, doesn't matter which card you use. My 670 plays the game very well for me. I don't have any complaints since the last beta event when it appeared they did some optimizations.

Nah, I know. I was just stating that with the 6xx series and this game, I've seen more issues than usual, must be something hardware specific with people's rigs, in conjunction with the 6xx series that is.
 
Same for me. And I'm not a fan of the Norn's half armored half naked thing. So Human I went.

All I have to say is Norn Tier 3 Cultural Heavy Armor. Good God it looks amazing but its 20-30g per piece. Must...have...this...look. Disregard his shitty dye combinations.

gallery_3318_197_529317.png
 
670 here and running GW 2 like a champ. Framerates stay near 60fps v-sync capped and occasionally dip into the 40 with 30+ people on screen. Very playable though at 1920x1200m highest detail setting including supersampling.

Alright alright alright, no need to brag -_-
 
Mine runs fine, until it crashes. No crashes last night :)

Is your card overclocked at all? Have you monitored your maximum boost clocks in game when it happens? It seems there are some 670's and 680's out there that are boosting too much and causing instabilities.
 
Is your card overclocked at all? Have you monitored your maximum boost clocks in game when it happens? It seems there are some 670's and 680's out there that are boosting too much and causing instabilities.

Overclocked, but turned it down quite a bit.

And no, I'm not checking. can i only do that if I'm in window mode?
 
Overclocked, but turned it down quite a bit.

And no, I'm not checking. can i only do that if I'm in window mode?

Naa, just install MSI Afterburner, it uses an overlay on your screen so you can see in real time what you're framerate, clock speeds, fan speeds, temps, etc. You can monitor so many things all in real time while you play, its just a great tool for PC gamers to have.
 
Naa, just install MSI Afterburner, it uses an overlay on your screen so you can see in real time what you're framerate, clock speeds, fan speeds, temps, etc. You can monitor so many things all in real time while you play, its just a great tool for PC gamers to have.

I have it already! haha.
 
Afterburner, FRAPS, and other overlay software can cause performance issues in some cases -- keep that in mind, those of you having problems. Not saying that's what's going on here, but it could be part of it in some cases.
 
Just rolled a human Warrior and hit lvl 16. While leveling in Queensdale, I haven't seen one other Human Warrior. Seems like they all went Nord or Charr. I was going to go Charr but the helmets look so odd on them. But now I feel like I should have just went Charr! :(

I have a human male warrior that I like, but I like a lot of the classes - I keep switching back and forth.

1. Female Human Elementalist. (L23) This was my 2500 hour character in GW1 so I remade her - same name, similar looks. This is my only "carry over" from GW1 - my second most used character (500h) was an assassin and third was a monk (100h)

A lot of people seem to have survivability issues with the Elementalists - I don't feel that way and the staff seems to be the most potent weapon, with daggers being the most most fun to watch. Forget my specs, but a heavy bias toward toughness seems to help a lot.

2. Male Norn Mesmer (L20)

Very very fun - stacked condition damage on the armor and weapons with a little bit of toughness on the side. If you keep him mobile, he can really handle himself.

3. Human Female Guardian (L9) "Fiat Lux" ("Let there be light")

I don't know the Guardian class as well as the previous ones, but the more I play it, the more I like it. Helped a L4 Elementalist with her personal story last night and just tore the Centaur siege apart. When I made her, I didn't understand combos very well and while I'm still learning, the more layers you peel back, the more versatile you are.

4. Male Human Warrior (L6) "Avallach" (Isle of the Mighty - Arthurian Legends)

I like the warrior a lot, will probably one of my main alts.

5. Male Asuran Engineer (L3) "Fixy" (the only shot name I could snag in the first 2 minutes of live servers - with about 30 attempts)

Interesting class - jury is still out, but it might have potential.

6. Female Sylvari Thief (L3) "Iron Dryad"

Also fun, unlocked a few weapon skills - I like the mobility play and can see the similarities to the old Assassin. Just don't have time to play them all.

7. Charr Male Ranger (L2) "Feline Groovy" (I was out of names - sue me)

I shifted some of my classes and races around after the first week - don't have much time on this one, but the cat like walking is pretty annoying - almost hypnotic but in a bad way.

I still need a Necro...
 
I did my first PvP last night. Warrior with 100 blades after trapping them with the bolas (spelling).

I was leading my team multiple rounds, which was very surprising since ive only had the game two days and never done mmorpg type of game.

Maybe my team was just really terrible :) I have a lot to learn.

ANy other warriors having good results in PvP?
 
I did my first PvP last night. Warrior with 100 blades after trapping them with the bolas (spelling).

I was leading my team multiple rounds, which was very surprising since ive only had the game two days and never done mmorpg type of game.

Maybe my team was just really terrible :) I have a lot to learn.

ANy other warriors having good results in PvP?

You are matched based on accumulated glory. So if it was your first match, it was likely also true for every other player.
 
Man, I hope they give us an option to pay for a race change. It would have to be available only to 80's to avoid conflicts with the personal story but I'd kill for one now. My Asura is already 80 and I can't stand looking at the little git anymore but I'm way too lazy to level another 80 of the same profession.
 
Quick question, guys (made an account to ask this):

Will I be able to play this game at 1680x1050 with low/medium settings on a 8800GTX? I have recently updated my mobo+CPU+RAM but do not yet have the money for a new GPU.
 
wondering if any engineers can answer a question for me: is there an easy way for you to switch from grenade kit to weapons and back again as if it was a weapon set?
 
wondering if any engineers can answer a question for me: is there an easy way for you to switch from grenade kit to weapons and back again as if it was a weapon set?

Switching TO the grenade kit, you have to press the hotkey for the grenade kit. Switching BACK from the grenade kit, you can either press the hotkey or tilda (weapon switch hotkey).
 
Man, I hope they give us an option to pay for a race change. It would have to be available only to 80's to avoid conflicts with the personal story but I'd kill for one now. My Asura is already 80 and I can't stand looking at the little git anymore but I'm way too lazy to level another 80 of the same profession.

This is why i always go the safe route; Human Female
 
So I did a sweep of my 304.79 drivers and updated to the 306.23 and it seems to be somewhat better, I'm still only seeing 40-45% GPU usage and ~15% CPU usage and it can't maintain 60fps in some areas, I feel like it might be an engine problem so I'm just going to live with it. I tried downclocking my card to 900mhz and it stayed exactly the same, seeing as my card was boosting to 1400+ at my current OC setting.

On the plus side, I finally got a full set of infiltrator exotic runes for my armor which really helped me out, my guild has been doing a few runs through CM last night which is great, 90k+ xp for a 15 minute run.
 
Switching TO the grenade kit, you have to press the hotkey for the grenade kit. Switching BACK from the grenade kit, you can either press the hotkey or tilda (weapon switch hotkey).

thanks. i just rebound it since seven is way out of the way. shame you can't set kits up to act like a weapon set - after all they replace your weapons.
 
This is why i always go the safe route; Human Female

Haha, that is generally what I do as well. This time I chose Norn female though since the proportions are basically the same as Human, just a lot bigger. I thought about Norn male, but the model is simply too damn bulky looking for me...I don't want to feel like I'm staring at the Juggernaut. Anyway, I had no idea how huge my Norn was until I walked into Lion's Arch for the first time and stood next to some Humans. Those puny things barely come up to my character's chest!
 
Quick question, guys (made an account to ask this):

Will I be able to play this game at 1680x1050 with low/medium settings on a 8800GTX? I have recently updated my mobo+CPU+RAM but do not yet have the money for a new GPU.

It'll be really hard I think.

Depending on your CPU/RAM, my GF's box stats,

GTX 560
E8400
4GB ram

Had to run all low settings and I was maybe at 21-30 fps. Could be teh shitty cpu/ram though.
 
thanks. i just rebound it since seven is way out of the way. shame you can't set kits up to act like a weapon set - after all they replace your weapons.

The issue is... you can have many kits, so pressing one key to swap to - which set?
 
Jumping over to Borealis tonight. Hopefully someone from the [H] guild can invite me :) Will you be on tonight Bowhuntr? ;)

Also, did some sPVP with my mesmer and my god all the hatred I have for my lowly mesmer in PVE goes away instantly. :D

My general build,

30 duelist
10 inspiration
30 illus
staff + sword/pistol

Standard vendor armor/weapons, runed with the Necromancer rune which is toughness/cond damage I believe. I could last FOREVER even though I only had like 17k hp? I must have annoyed the living hell out of everyone trying to cap a point I was defending. 1v3? NP I can hold it until teammates get there, 1v2 without backup? You can bet I'm going to kill at least one of you and severely wound the other or have a triple KO with all of us on the ground. 1v1? You're going to lose.
 
Oh, so you're in the server that exploits everything in WvW, gotcha!

Bitter much? I can tell you there are no concerted exploits going on. Many of the things servers are crying "exploit" on have been in the game and reported on since beta as potential bugs. They have not been fixed or adjusted while other things have. There are plenty of other servers with hackers flying orbs around. It sucks. No one likes it on either side. That being said, an orb being ninja'd by either side is not the deciding factor when other servers are being, quite handily, decimated in the field.
 
Bitter much? I can tell you there are no concerted exploits going on. Many of the things servers are crying "exploit" on have been in the game and reported on since beta as potential bugs. They have not been fixed or adjusted while other things have. There are plenty of other servers with hackers flying orbs around. It sucks. No one likes it on either side. That being said, an orb being ninja'd by either side is not the deciding factor when other servers are being, quite handily, decimated in the field.

No, I really couldn't care less. There are no tangible rewards for being #1 or any rank for that matter. The server I'm currently on is actually next to last (Devona's Rest), and honestly it makes WvW pretty enjoyable. There are no queues and we have a blast in small groups.
 
No, I really couldn't care less. There are no tangible rewards for being #1 or any rank for that matter. The server I'm currently on is actually next to last (Devona's Rest), and honestly it makes WvW pretty enjoyable. There are no queues and we have a blast in small groups.

I was going to ask if it even mattered, so I guess no. Just bragging rights.
 
I was going to ask if it even mattered, so I guess no. Just bragging rights.

A-net is turning on week long matches starting this Friday. The cumulative rewards for being the winning team over the week can be pretty substantial. All I care about is bragging rights, though. I can't wait til they develop something like the RealmWar page that Mythic did for DAoC.
 
A-net is turning on week long matches starting this Friday. The cumulative rewards for being the winning team over the week can be pretty substantial. All I care about is bragging rights, though. I can't wait til they develop something like the RealmWar page that Mythic did for DAoC.

SO does WvW have any effect on PvE at all?
 
Jumping over to Borealis tonight. Hopefully someone from the [H] guild can invite me :) Will you be on tonight Bowhuntr? ;)

Yeah I am actually about to get on. Send me a email or something so I can get your in-game name when your on! I am still the only one in the guild, I need a couple people to help me build it up so we can get a guild bank and such! :p
 
Last edited:
Finally got a response regarding eyefinity bugs.

Eyefinity is not supported in GW2.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting NCsoft. Unfortunately, Eyefinity support is not yet available for Guild Wars 2. Make sure to watch the forums on guildwars2.com for any further information on this as it becomes available.

If you have any further issues or questions, please let us know.

Regards,

James
NCsoft Technical Support
 
Back
Top