• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Haha, that is generally what I do as well. This time I chose Norn female though since the proportions are basically the same as Human, just a lot bigger. I thought about Norn male, but the model is simply too damn bulky looking for me...I don't want to feel like I'm staring at the Juggernaut. Anyway, I had no idea how huge my Norn was until I walked into Lion's Arch for the first time and stood next to some Humans. Those puny things barely come up to my character's chest!

Best thing is being a Norn Necromancer and transforming into the plague cloud. They see me coming... And I'm riding dirty.. Ridin' dirty. Ridin' dirty!

Just make sure you make it back home to your zerg before it wears off.
 
It'll be really hard I think.

Depending on your CPU/RAM, my GF's box stats,

GTX 560
E8400
4GB ram

Had to run all low settings and I was maybe at 21-30 fps. Could be teh shitty cpu/ram though.

Sorry. I had put my rig specs in my signature but I guess it's not showing up. Not sure why.

I have an i5 3570K and 16GB RAM. And the 8800 GTX. I'm saving up to buy a new card. I'm just hoping this'll be enough for low/med graphics until I get a new card in a few months.
 
I have a thief to 36 and I am not feeling the love like I have with the arche type in past games. Anyone else have this feeling? What did you reroll?
 
I'm playing a lvl41 guardian right now....was tryin to spec more tank but I have shifted into a healer role for the most part.

I do have a lvl26 thief, that I really do like and I would play as my main...but the guardian I am running with some friends, so kinda too late to change to the thief. :p

Both are fun though, so can't complain too much!
 
I have a thief to 36 and I am not feeling the love like I have with the arche type in past games. Anyone else have this feeling? What did you reroll?

Thief is my favorite and I haven't switched yet. Might do an Engineer as I like backpacks!
 
I have a thief to 36 and I am not feeling the love like I have with the arche type in past games. Anyone else have this feeling? What did you reroll?

thief is my lvl 80 ATM. Love being able to switch from shortbow/cluster arrows to sword/pistol up close and start pistol-whippin mobs .....:D
 
Last edited:
If you're unsure of your class and you're still relatively low but have no idea what it's like to be 80, I highly suggest going into sPvP. Yes, sPvP is PvP and not PvE, but you get access to all the traits and skills plus level 80 exotic gear. There are also NPC's in the mist that you can fight. You can also try out other classes there as well.
 
If you're unsure of your class and you're still relatively low but have no idea what it's like to be 80, I highly suggest going into sPvP. Yes, sPvP is PvP and not PvE, but you get access to all the traits and skills plus level 80 exotic gear. There are also NPC's in the mist that you can fight. You can also try out other classes there as well.

Good tip man, especially for those that are new to the game.
 
What would be the "easiest" crafting profession to level up, but also a useful one? Am an elementalist.
 
I'd have to say cooking and jewelcrafting. Have folks send you food mats and send them food back, they'll love Magic Find food and keep sending you more mats (that's what I do with my lady friend, who is an excellent cook in real life ;))
 
Easiest (cheapest) is cooking.

Then it's jewelcrafting. Almost all JC mats are vendor price.

Unfortunate that they removed some of the karma items from the Cooking vendors but it's still relatively easy. I say wait until you are between 50-60 and have explored most of the maps before doing cooking. You can get 10 levels out of it easy but it requires you porting around to different maps and purchasing the necessary ingredients from karma vendors. It works better obviously if you have done the quests in that area and have access to the vendors that sell the stuff.

http://www.shootahboys.com/2012/08/30/gw2cooking-guide-1-400/

Cooking guide and it has a link to a list of vendors that sell certain ingredients. You'll see as you get higher up the karma vendors are in level 50-60 zones so you'll want to have explored those zones and have done the quests to get access to those vendors.

I'm working on my 2nd char now, 80 guardian main but I'm playing up my necro, having lots of fun with AoEs and condition damage.
 
That's what I planned to do, to wait until I'm a bit higher leveled and then do the professions. Just wanted to ask ahead of time to see what I'm getting myself into. Thanks all.
 
That's what I planned to do, to wait until I'm a bit higher leveled and then do the professions. Just wanted to ask ahead of time to see what I'm getting myself into. Thanks all.

Yeah if you are between 50-60 and have done a good bit of zone exploration in each tier you will be in good shape to literally get 1-400 in 2-3 hours and 10 levels worth of experience. I got from 56-65 or so on my Guardian from just cooking.
 
Fast... ;) GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G + http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/guild-wars-2-digital-deluxe-edition-na/ pretty low price for the digital deluxe ($59). Wow.

Fast..? What..

EPOQ said:
Yeah if you are between 50-60 and have done a good bit of zone exploration in each tier you will be in good shape to literally get 1-400 in 2-3 hours and 10 levels worth of experience. I got from 56-65 or so on my Guardian from just cooking.

I tend to 100% a zone, I have OCD, so I can't leave it until it's 100% complete and I get that loot chest.
 
Am I just imaging this, or does GW2 run a lot better on the new Nvidia drivers?

Which new ones? I'm running the 306 beta's. Were there even newer ones released today?

Edit: Apparently there are WHQL 306's out now! Nice, will get those when I get home. How's it compare to the beta's?
 
Fast..? What..



I tend to 100% a zone, I have OCD, so I can't leave it until it's 100% complete and I get that loot chest.

I was the same way on my first playthrough but on my 2nd I'm holding off. The exp scales so I'd prefer to come back at a higher level having left 1 little small exploration piece per zone and pick it up then. That plus crafting professions and you just blow through the higher levels.
 
Which new ones? I'm running the 306 beta's. Were there even newer ones released today?

Edit: Apparently there are WHQL 306's out now! Nice, will get those when I get home. How's it compare to the beta's?

Yeah, new WHQL that came out yesterday. It seems to run a lot better for me now.
 
The 306 beta's ran my games like butter, I'll still be getting this update though just to have the officials.

I got a lot of crashes with the latest betas. Last night I didn't have any, but I only played for 30 min. I'll be playing tomorrow mid day for awhile so we'll see if I have any crashes then!
 
I got a lot of crashes with the latest betas. Last night I didn't have any, but I only played for 30 min. I'll be playing tomorrow mid day for awhile so we'll see if I have any crashes then!

That stinks. :( Hopefully these workout better for you, and others as well.

You on Borlis? In our guild? My GW2 name is Ottomatic.9652, Ohcpmycpt (Elementalist). ;)
 
Does anybody else think the human tutorial quests/intro is the best one? You kill centaurs (which drop a variety of crafting mats), plus every person you tell to "get to the inn" gives you 2 karma. While that's not a lot, you can easily get enough karma for a salvage kit or two. For people who don't have money in their bank to buy starter supplies, this can be a great way of starting off.
 
Does anybody else think the human tutorial quests/intro is the best one? You kill centaurs (which drop a variety of crafting mats), plus every person you tell to "get to the inn" gives you 2 karma. While that's not a lot, you can easily get enough karma for a salvage kit or two. For people who don't have money in their bank to buy starter supplies, this can be a great way of starting off.

I noticed that during the beta. I was at work and couldn't really concentrate any real time to playing so I just logged on and ran around that starter zone killing centaurs and telling people to run. I had so many crafting mats and karma it was insane.
 
So i lied, and just bought it even though I said I have too many games to play. OH well.

few questions, I bought the deluxe edition or so I thought but it just says:

152jB


Does other peoples Deluxe just say gw2?

and what's a good class to start as for someone who's never played an mmo before, gonna watch a bunch of vids now but some advice here would be good :)
 
So i lied, and just bought it even though I said I have too many games to play. OH well.

few questions, I bought the deluxe edition or so I thought but it just says:

152jB


Does other peoples Deluxe just say gw2?

and what's a good class to start as for someone who's never played an mmo before, gonna watch a bunch of vids now but some advice here would be good :)

I think that's normal, seems to be a lot of "common" info missing from their account management site.

On what you want to play...depends, what do you like to do? Support? Ranged: Pistols? Rifles? Bows? Magic? Close Combat: Big Swords? Hammers? Daggers? Weird shit: Mesmer (lol)?
 
ah ok cool, and pistols and rifles sounds cool, so does big swords though lol, I really don't know. I should watch some youtube stuff really... I saw engineer style turrets in one youtube vid, pretty awesome, what class uses those?
 
ah ok cool, and pistols and rifles sounds cool, so does big swords though lol, I really don't know. I should watch some youtube stuff really... I saw engineer style turrets in one youtube vid, pretty awesome, what class uses those?

Engineer... :D
 
LOL wow -feels stupid-

Well the thing with the Engineer, from what I gather anyway, is that it's a support style class. It's not much of a "build a tank, then kill everyone in 2 shots" type deal. It's a 'slower' class, generally. Thief might be fun for you, it's a bit more challenging than other classes, but I suppose no one ever learned much if everything was handed to them!

Can still use pistols and shit as well.
 
Back
Top