• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

The Trading Post is your friend and has been up all day for me so far. Less than 1s an upgrade, green minimum, well past 40.

i havent been on today.. its possible you are the lucky people they are testing it with.. they have stated its in a testing phase and when it becomes operable they allow you to use it for a short time
 
i havent been on today.. its possible you are the lucky people they are testing it with.. they have stated its in a testing phase and when it becomes operable they allow you to use it for a short time

Possibly but I've seen it up and down ~5 different times in the last few days with certain stuff listed on the AH in the millions so it's hard to believe that only a limited number of people have the ability to see it.
 
The Trading Post is your friend and has been up all day for me so far. Less than 1s an upgrade, green minimum, well past 40.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I put in lv 40 gear (green rarity) and the LOWESt price it finds for me is 30-40'ish silver a piece.

i sort by price and that's as low as it goes (until it hits the non-sale items).

edit - checked again, now it's showing a lot of lower priced ones, hmm.
 
Last edited:
i havent been on today.. its possible you are the lucky people they are testing it with.. they have stated its in a testing phase and when it becomes operable they allow you to use it for a short time

I wish they'd release new status updates instead of repeatedly editing the one from Monday, but it currently says "We expect to have the Trading Post online for all players this evening (edit: after tonight's software update)." and indeed it was finally working properly for me last night (even the level range filter).
 
Trading Post is working for me now. For around 8 silver I fully geared up my Mesmer with L30 gear plus gems. Some of the gear I replaced was L10 or L14. The combat feels much better now, I can actually kill stuff!
 
Last edited:
These invisible walls are really getting to me. I really like exploration, and anything I should be able to jump to, there's a blatant barrier right there. I am fine with making the terrain steeper, but invisible walls? Argh.

The rest of the game is still awesome though.
 
These invisible walls are really getting to me. I really like exploration, and anything I should be able to jump to, there's a blatant barrier right there. I am fine with making the terrain steeper, but invisible walls? Argh.

The rest of the game is still awesome though.

Haha same. The first invisible wall I ran into I thought: "Nuh uh girlfriend, that did not just happen."
 
what level you be and class son!?!!?!

btw i stack power over precision PUNK :< !!!

i get an extra 7% when attacking the side or back

The warrior +precision trait tree has a trait to add +40 precision for every unused signet. All five slots including utility skill equipped with signets (this is very specialized and not a way I would run around 100% of the time) = +200 precision. And the elite signet adds a crapload of precision itself. Then I pick other traits and runes that take advantage of high crit rates as well.
 
To put the gems > gold conversion in context...the tier 3 cultural armor would cost you well over $800 right now.

LOL that is retarded. Shame too, because the t3 Norn stuff looks pretty badass on my warrior!
 
At the moment, 26 sp will get you 101 gems. This will certainly change over time, but who can say which way?

Therefore, bag slot expansions (400 gems each) cost about 1 gp, and bank tab expansions (600 gems) cost about 1.5 gp. It took me awhile to figure out that those two upgrades are not in the store; you get those by clicking the locked slots in the inventory and bank. A character slot expansion (which is in the store) is 800 gems, so it's about 2 gp.

I'm level 25 and have made about 70 sp so far. Buying two more bag slots (for the maximum of seven) for 2 gp seems attainable pretty early on, though I do need to reserve my first 3 gp for buying my trait training manuals.

Those of you who have hit level 80 - how much coin do you tend to generate?
 
Anyone getting the GW2 driver crash that's separate from the nVidia "Your display device driver has stopped responding" deal?

This started happening last night on me, it comes up in a GW2 box...
 
Wow, oh wow...the thief class is awesome. I've enjoyed the game on my warrior, and the other classes were OK too, but for some reason, the thief class just feels like it clicks with me in a way none of the other classes have. I've never played rogue/thief types before in MMOs, either. I usually gravitate towards whatever class wields a giant sword, hammer, or axe.
 
Wow, oh wow...the thief class is awesome. I've enjoyed the game on my warrior, and the other classes were OK too, but for some reason, the thief class just feels like it clicks with me in a way none of the other classes have. I've never played rogue/thief types before in MMOs, either. I usually gravitate towards whatever class wields a giant sword, hammer, or axe.

The Thief is fun and isn't new, its basically the old Assassin class and they should have just left it as Assassin since that's more fitting than Thief. The only thing stolen is skills which were done in GW also and they wasn't a Thief then either. I prefer Assassin, its just more fitting for the class.
 
So far I've enjoyed all of the classes except Engineer and Necro. Engineer is the only truly new class, it feels like a total support class and it bores me to tears, but I won't deny that I enjoy having an Engineer around to throw up turrets. Necro is a real dissapointment, that class took a turn for the worse. The Necro was a very popular and fun class in the original, now not so much. I have one of every class level 15+ except my Necro and Engineer which I just can't seem to bring myself to play that much. So my Engineer is a full time pack mule character to hold my items since the bank is so small.
 
Thinking of picking up this game soon after I get some more time. Think the starting and lower level areas will be dying down any time soon or they should be populated for a good while?

As for buying gold, is it from other players (RMAH) or is it in the form or micro-transactions straight from GW2 itself?
 
Started playing an alt. DAMN IT -- I always have trouble sticking to (1) character. Thought I'd roll an alt and realize meh don't feel like playing another character up just yet but it's FUN and now I'm going to be dual leveling 2 characters >_<. OHHHH well. Love this game damn it.
 
Thinking of picking up this game soon after I get some more time. Think the starting and lower level areas will be dying down any time soon or they should be populated for a good while?

As for buying gold, is it from other players (RMAH) or is it in the form or micro-transactions straight from GW2 itself?

Its going to be populated for a long while, I would say at least a year before there's any decline at all, and even then you'll be playing for many years without worrying about being lonely.
 
The main problem imo is gear.

It seems that pretty much ALL of the cool gear is end game.

Even WoW and other games have "cool" gear for lower lv's and rarer things. Hoewver lv 1-40 you are going to be stuck wearing VERY generic very "Bland" looking gear and using bland weapons.

They really need to make unique items for lower levels and such.

Then they did something REALLY REALLY st upid, dungeon items (which is where you usually start to get cool gear) they DRASTICALLY upped the prices on them, to the point you'd have to run a dungeon over SIXTY times to get the full armor set, which is absurd.

ON top of this, the "order" armor (from the order you join at lv 30'isih in your personal storyline) they DRAMATICALLY increased as well, it cost a lot more now then it did.

So basically, until you hit high lv's/lots of money coming in you are wearing crap you find or vendor shit, which isn't usually anywhere near as appealing/good.

Mystic forge is a huge gamble and for me it has NEVER once paid off. I have probably dumped in over 16 greens, 20'ish blues, and not got a SINGLE good piece that I could use myself, it's 90% crap that your class won't use, I always get shortbows/light armor and I'm a warrior so it's useless.

I think you'd be much better off just ignoring mystic forge <lv 80 and vendoring/trade housing all of your items.

Never gonna drop any greens or shit in the mystic forge again, learned my lesson.

I disagree.
And no offense, but you don't seem to understand the Mystic Forge.

Here's the deal, and this has been the same deal with GW1. You get semi-cool looking gear throughout your journey in the game world. To get the real cool gear, you need to save up and farm it. What is the point of getting epic looking gear at level 20? It doesn't jive with the game. They increased the cost because it isn't meant to be an upgrade to looks & stats. It is only meant to be an upgrade for vanity purposes. You pay a vanity tax for that.

Mystic Forge isn't really a gamble, per se. You save up items of similar quality (4 blues or 4 greens) and type (4 shoulders or 4 leggings) and throw it in. You will get a better quality item of the same type. So if you throw 4 Heavy Green shoulders in, you will get a Yellow Heavy shoulder out of it. The gamble part is the stats and sigils.

It seems that pretty much ALL of the cool gear is end game.

Yup. How is this different in any other game?

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to start a fight. I just hope I can show you my opinion and my understanding of the forge to help. :)
 
Started playing an alt. DAMN IT -- I always have trouble sticking to (1) character. Thought I'd roll an alt and realize meh don't feel like playing another character up just yet but it's FUN and now I'm going to be dual leveling 2 characters >_<. OHHHH well. Love this game damn it.

I'm leveling 6 characters at the same time. I prefer it that way to leveling one to the max and starting over. It also has benefits in that if I get a weapon or armor drop that I dont need or can't use on one class, I can always give it to another one of my characters since they will be close to the same level.
 
Thinking of picking up this game soon after I get some more time. Think the starting and lower level areas will be dying down any time soon or they should be populated for a good while?

As for buying gold, is it from other players (RMAH) or is it in the form or micro-transactions straight from GW2 itself?

Straight from GW2 itself. You buy gems (10$, 20$, 35$, 50$ corresponding gem amounts per dollar) and then in the game by using the Currency Exchange (press 'O') you can convert gems to gold. There's a cut that ArenaNet takes to keep prices stable somewhat. Also, it works just like a normal currency rate. Every time you open the Exchange, you may get a higher rate or a lower rate.

I also leveled with a friend who just picked up the game and he was in the newbie area. I'm level 63. I leveled from 63-65 last night playing with him in the zone and there were tons of people about.
 
Ya i enjoy the down level feature. Running through a level area ran into an event i had missed earlier, went to help and i actually had to play. Keeps the game fun, of course being a sword n board guardian with tons of toughness stills and traits the real lobbies don't have yet i was taking them all like a boss compared to them.
 
Yup. How is this different in any other game?

There's a variety of different looking armor even at low levels in most other MMOs. In WoW/Rift/EQ2/etc. I was excited to see what a new piece of armor looked like. There's like 2 different but similar looking models for each armor type at low/mid level in GW2. It doesn't help that they look even more alike since they use the same colors that you picked during character creation.
 
Mystic Forge isn't really a gamble, per se. You save up items of similar quality (4 blues or 4 greens) and type (4 shoulders or 4 leggings) and throw it in. You will get a better quality item of the same type. So if you throw 4 Heavy Green shoulders in, you will get a Yellow Heavy shoulder out of it. The gamble part is the stats and sigils.

Am I getting screwed or something wrong? I put in 4 green weapons and got a green bow...does it have to be all the same like 4 green bows to get a guaranteed yellow?
 
Am I getting screwed or something wrong? I put in 4 green weapons and got a green bow...does it have to be all the same like 4 green bows to get a guaranteed yellow?

There is no guaranteed yellow. You MIGHT get a yellow. You, more likely, will get another green. If you want a bow, you need to put in bows.


There's a variety of different looking armor even at low levels in most other MMOs. In WoW/Rift/EQ2/etc. I was excited to see what a new piece of armor looked like. There's like 2 different but similar looking models for each armor type at low/mid level in GW2. It doesn't help that they look even more alike since they use the same colors that you picked during character creation.


Plenty of variety after 20. And you can dye your gear any colors you want. Stop complaining. There is no real item grind in this game per say, it's a cosmetic grind. You are not going to have the coolest looking stuff day 1. And you are using WoW as a comparison? Early level armor looked terrible in WoW.
 
Last edited:
There's a variety of different looking armor even at low levels in most other MMOs. In WoW/Rift/EQ2/etc. I was excited to see what a new piece of armor looked like. There's like 2 different but similar looking models for each armor type at low/mid level in GW2. It doesn't help that they look even more alike since they use the same colors that you picked during character creation.

I disagree. I've gotten at least 3-4 different "sets" of armor and I've only done one dungeon. I'm also level 65. Most map zones have heart vendors and those heart vendors sell one piece of that set. You can get a variety. Also, I disagree with you on the various games. I played WoW for 7 years and in all my time, I never got cool armor that low level. Actually I didn't even get shoulders until like late 20s. That was some balls. This was on my first characters, in Vanilla.

Am I getting screwed or something wrong? I put in 4 green weapons and got a green bow...does it have to be all the same like 4 green bows to get a guaranteed yellow?

Must be green bows. You are not guaranteed a yellow, but it's a pretty high chance. I've done several of these 'recipes' and have gotten a yellow every time. I've done it at least 20 times. Also, it doesn't matter which item level the item actually is. The Mystic Forge will generally give you an item that is equal or better than what you have. This doesn't happen all the time though.
 
agreed on a lot of the things although my character is absolutely DECKED. i have 1000 power and 42% crit at lvl 36. really its all about professions and playing with friends who have other professions. I have a cook friend, a jewelcrafter, a weapon smith and im a leatherworker. all of my armor ive made and its the best i can possibly wear pretty much. i made a chest at level 30 that had 20 power 14 precision. i have friends making me jewelry and i make them bags. shit like that.

again it comes down to playing with a community. this is an mmo after all. :)


i do agree that you do not look even remotely cool until late 20's maybe even 30's+

You gonna be on tonight? I was on last night with Indian guy, was a good time. I still need to send you the leather...you still need the lower level shit I have? I need bags! Have a ton of other mats too. All I do is gather.
 
You gonna be on tonight? I was on last night with Indian guy, was a good time. I still need to send you the leather...you still need the lower level shit I have? I need bags! Have a ton of other mats too. All I do is gather.

naw my leatherworking is way passed what i need it to be im at like 200. the items i make are lvl 45 +


the level 40 dungeon is retarded easy and grants 20k exp. were gonna run it like 20 times today for easy xp. im level 42 right now and i was level 36 when i logged on yesterday. insane
 
naw my leatherworking is way passed what i need it to be im at like 200. the items i make are lvl 45 +


the level 40 dungeon is retarded easy and grants 20k exp. were gonna run it like 20 times today for easy xp. im level 42 right now and i was level 36 when i logged on yesterday. insane

I see. Well I still need some bags please. :eek:
 
I see. Well I still need some bags please. :eek:

i can make 12 slots now, leather is cheap if the outpost is open.. youd have to buy some cause you probably havent found any of the right leather at your level. it also takes a blue rune of holding i think those are like 8s each or so
 
So I just played for the first time today. Sorta feel confused. I just seem to be running around to these world events and mashing a couple buttons and hoping im not the one getting hit.

So each weapon type only has a few attacks? Or do some much more advanced options open up in later levels?

Only a level 3 warrior atm.
 
So I just played for the first time today. Sorta feel confused. I just seem to be running around to these world events and mashing a couple buttons and hoping im not the one getting hit.

So each weapon type only has a few attacks? Or do some much more advanced options open up in later levels?

Only a level 3 warrior atm.

5 skills per weapon but most of the classes can switch between weapon sets at level 7 giving you access to 2 sets. Can be used strategically to your advantage during cooldowns of other abilities etc. etc. Also you have your 6,7,8,9 abilities that you get starting at 5 that come from a large pool of skills you choose from with skill points.
 
I'm not going to spend that much now, hahah. But 20$ here and there isn't bad.

ive spent about 30$ so far. prolly wont spend any more for awhile. bought a bunch of bag slots and i converted a bunch of gems to gold
 
Wow, oh wow...the thief class is awesome. I've enjoyed the game on my warrior, and the other classes were OK too, but for some reason, the thief class just feels like it clicks with me in a way none of the other classes have. I've never played rogue/thief types before in MMOs, either. I usually gravitate towards whatever class wields a giant sword, hammer, or axe.

Yep. I'm playing a ranged thief. Playing melee feels... a little meh, but that may be due to my button setup on my Nostromo. Dual wielding pistols though is a blast!
 
Yep. I'm playing a ranged thief. Playing melee feels... a little meh, but that may be due to my button setup on my Nostromo. Dual wielding pistols though is a blast!

I liked Sword/pistol with a bow in the back up slot. Open up with the bow bomb and choking gas and switch over and finish them off real easy. I have been playing a couple of alts and thief is pretty cool albeit super squishy compared to my main (Guardian) who is a sword/board vitality/toughness spec and basically unkillable unless theres 5+ mobs on him at once.

Dual pistols is fun and "safe" but lacks in the AoE damage department. When you are playing a class that you are using a ranged weapon as your main weapon you will/should probably be switching weapon sets and getting in close for AoE damage. The only time I don't is when it's a boss and I stay backed off as to not die due to squishiness.
 
my thief is straight daggers, it is so fun for me. i crit for around 1000-1700 at level 40. which is pretty insane. heartseeker does crazy damage if they are low on hp
 
The rules of the Mystic Forge that I've sorted out so far:

1. All four items must be of the same rarity (white, blue, green, yellow, orange).
2. If you throw in four of a kind, you'll get the same kind with a chance at increasing the rarity. Four of a kind means four short bows, four greatswords, four heavy shoulder pieces, four light foot pieces, etc. No mixing short bows and long bows, or swords and greatswords. No mixing heavy, medium or light armor.

After a while of trying to collect four of a kind of white and blue armor, I've given up on that as way too much muling. I'll save all green and higher items I get. White and blue are for selling to merchant or salvaging. One of this month's monthly achievements is salvaging 500 items.
 
So each weapon type only has a few attacks? Or do some much more advanced options open up in later levels?

Only a level 3 warrior atm.

The complexities that are not immediately apparent are weapon swapping and traits. You'll be earning trait points later. These amplify weapon skills in different ways. For example, one warrior trait reduces the weapon swapping in combat cooldown by 5 seconds. Another one increases your critical hit chance for every signet you have equipped in your 6,7,8,9,0 slots.

An interesting warrior build uses a long bow and a sworld/shield. You start by using Signet of Fury to fill your adrenaline, which allows you to use your F1 skill immediately, which on the long bow is an AOE fire attack; you follow up with the long bow 3 skill, which is another AOE fire. You then swap to sword/shield and use the 2 and 4 attacks, which are leap attacks; if you do these while the fire AOE is still active, you finish a combo and give yourself Fire Shield which burns your enemies.
 
Back
Top