• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Is anyone crashing to Desktop or have their computer reboot? I don't have any part overclocked. My Q6600 reached 51 C and my 260 216 reached 69 C. Seem to be acceptable. I'm also using the latest official drivers. Maybe I should use the latest beta drivers?

Yeah, I had my PC freeze once.

My big problem is I keep getting that Error 7 disconnect.
 
Is anyone crashing to Desktop or have their computer reboot? I don't have any part overclocked. My Q6600 reached 51 C and my 260 216 reached 69 C. Seem to be acceptable. I'm also using the latest official drivers. Maybe I should use the latest beta drivers?

Yeah, couple of reboots so far, once while overclocked, once not. Haven't tried the new beta drivers yet.
 
I got BSODs left and right when I tried the beta graphics so back to good ole 301.42 for me.


Also turned off AA and shaders to medium and am getting 50-60 fps on 2560x1600 with a GTX 470 which feels great.

Finally I got around to rebinding me my keys and the game is so much more playable. I don't know how other people can reach the F keys, i just can't do it reliably. With everything close together now i've changed my play style to be constantly strafing which is making the game way easier than before. I was playing it like wow with dodge but now i'm moving nonstop.
 
Kind of weak. Was happening even walking on some hilly areas. Might put in a support ticket about it and see what they say, can't be intentional to work like this.

It definitely didn't happen during beta, so I'm not sure what happened. I submitted an in game bug report. Probably won't do much, but that seems like the only way to communicate with the devs until the official forums are back up.
 
I installed the newest beta drivers from nvidia. Still no performance boost. The game will go into the low 20's during heavy combat. This game has a lot of potential if fps cam be boosted and animations can be smoothed out.
 
It definitely didn't happen during beta, so I'm not sure what happened. I submitted an in game bug report. Probably won't do much, but that seems like the only way to communicate with the devs until the official forums are back up.

I put in a ticket too.
 
I installed the newest beta drivers from nvidia. Still no performance boost. The game will go into the low 20's during heavy combat. This game has a lot of potential if fps cam be boosted and animations can be smoothed out.

yeah i still am having performance issues. during heavy combat situations my gpu usage drops to 40% and my frames to like 20 -_- check my sig
 
"Driver 306.02 is still based on R304_00 branch so no new features from the previous 304.79 driver. The focus was on bug fixes for bugs submitted by end users and performance improvements." - ManuelG_Nvidia

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1713612

I am running a GTX 680 and i5-2500k at 1680x1050. Switching between 304.79 and 306.02, I don't think I see any difference in FPS, though it's hard to find a consistently challenging place to test. I found that if I climb up the edges of the pyramids in Rata Sum I can get the camera stuck, but haven't seen that anywhere else. Certain places looking down into deep pits (there seem to be lots of those in this game) the landscape will disappear.

I have not experienced any crashes whatsoever since Friday night.
 
How do I register the purchased game code on my account that I used to play in the beta weekends? Or do I have to create a new account?

edit: Ok, nevermind, I've got it.
 
Last edited:
Cant wait ordered my Key off ebay since GreenMan was sold out. I installed a remote desktop utility so I can install the game from work today and hopefully be able to play when I get out of work.

Funny thing is when I got home from vacation yesterday I checked my email and someone tried to reset my password for my old guild wars account. Interesting ......... Oh well really exited I hope nobody has my in-game name.
 
I really love the mining concept where the ore serve each player individually. No matter how many times other players mine it, it will still be available to us until we mine them.
 
I really love the mining concept where the ore serve each player individually. No matter how many times other players mine it, it will still be available to us until we mine them.

Same here. I love everything Anet does to take away from players playing AGAINST each other to get the upper hand. Whether it be nodes, or KSing mobs for loot/exp, etc. Anet has done a REALLY good job at preventing competitive play in the PvE side of things. It's keeping my blood pressure low, haven't ragequit the game once yet!!! New record for me!!
 
I really love the mining concept where the ore serve each player individually. No matter how many times other players mine it, it will still be available to us until we mine them.

This has really stoked many of you on this thread. Is this really some huge revolutionary design decision? Do other mmo's do it the opposite way?
 
This has really stoked many of you on this thread. Is this really some huge revolutionary design decision? Do other mmo's do it the opposite way?

Most MMO's follow the traditional concept of when the first person hits the node, it's gone. Same with the first person who hits the mob, gets full credit and loot, and anyone else (not in the players group) get's nothing. I haven't grouped with a single person in any world events and you still get full exp and loot for hitting a mob.
 
I really love the mining concept where the ore serve each player individually. No matter how many times other players mine it, it will still be available to us until we mine them.

+1. I don't have to pull out my bolo and trip anyone up just to get to a resource node. Mine, mine I tell ya! "I brake for nodes!" :D
 
+1. I don't have to pull out my bolo and trip anyone up just to get to a resource node. Mine, mine I tell ya! "I brake for nodes!" :D

And even if you don't plan on crafting, the exp and daily rewards from mining are worth carrying a stack of pickaxes to mine nodes when ya see them.
 
+1. I don't have to pull out my bolo and trip anyone up just to get to a resource node. Mine, mine I tell ya! "I brake for nodes!" :D

Yeah, that was one of the few things I thought was actually nice about the game.
 
So for the past 2 nights I have done the world boss in Queensdale. It is called the Shadow Behemot (youtube for videos). Anyways the first night I got there kinda late and grabbed the waypoint. I thought the fight was easy, but whatever.

Last night there was way less people and I ended up getting there at the start. Lets just say it was a lot harder than the first night. It seemed like everyone took turns on res duty. Pretty insane just running around resing people and avoiding death.
 
how is he still allowed to post in this thread hahaha we need to just report him.

Eh that wasn't really a troll-ish kinda post. He said it was one of the few things he liked about the game, just a personal opinion, no more. As long as he's not blatantly shitting on the game there's really no harm done.

That being said, I think Guild Wars 2 is the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long while. I jumped in for an hour and some change last nights (I'm in my 20s on my first char) and got 2 levels. The level curve is great for casual players and scaling is absolutely one of the best features I've ever seen in a game like this. My brother has been playing a lot more than me and he came and helped with some events and bosses and while it was pretty EZ-mode for him, he still got good exp and karma points and it was worth his time to help me out. All in all, great game for casual players, awesome PvP for casual or hardcore players. To the guys who are already 80 and complaining, you played the game wrong.
 
I wish they had more weapon slots. I started a thief last night and I want to carry every possible option.

I need to check my account since I just got a reminder email about getting the box and serial number, but I bought the digital copy from Gamefly. Did they send this out to everyone?
 
So if I got the preorder key from gamespot, my 3 day headstart is over right? Now i need to physically go into the store and pick up the copy?
 
People are seriously level 80 already???

I've been playing for 3 days and I'm like level 11 or something, still exploring the shit out of Queensdale and have a few level 1 alts. I am in absolutely NO rush to beat this game, just take my time exploring everything, every viewpoint vista, side quest etc.. and rake up achievements. :)
 
People are seriously level 80 already???

on reddit there was a level 80 yesterday that got there from crafting :)





crafting is dope by the way.. took me a bit to figure out but basically here it is


for leatherworking its all about finding new recipes. finding a new recipe gives tons of experience, not only that it also gives you the item you discover and then the ability to make it


leatherworking you have insignias and that determines the modifier that the piece of gear will have on it like power or precision or stamina etc and then you take pieces for instance a top sole of a shoe and a bottom sole and then an insignia say i want +power on my boots i put a mighty insignia in with the pieces, and then a pattern appears. walllah! new recipe, new boots and like 1000 exp
 
I've been playing for 3 days and I'm like level 11 or something, still exploring the shit out of Queensdale and have a few level 1 alts. I am in absolutely NO rush to beat this game, just take my time exploring everything, every viewpoint vista, side quest etc.. and rake up achievements. :)

Same. I'm 36 but have lots of experience from previous BWEs so most of the Asura zone (Metrica) I've already done. Same with the Charr. But this time around, I went Asura->Human in terms of zones. So I've 100% Rata Sum, 100% Lion's Arch, 100% Queensdale, and more. I think I have a couple more in Kessex but still working on it.

Intense fun, man. Especially the crafting. Downside is, I've explored so much and got so far ahead that if I were to level one profession, I'd have the right level items to play with the items I craft but can only benefit really from one profession. My other one is Armorsmith and if I go around the low level zones and pick up those materials - I'll actually end up with items crafted that would actually be crafting items BELOW my level. Heh.

Not sure how to solve that problem unless I just avoid as many mobs/events as possible while I work to get one profession up to the other.
 
The guy who made 80 mostly from crafting, I believe he had his entire guild feeding him mats. So that's in no way indicative of someone doing it normally.
 
The guy who made 80 mostly from crafting, I believe he had his entire guild feeding him mats. So that's in no way indicative of someone doing it normally.

i was just pointing it out because its often overlooked but man its totally worth your time for the experience
 
i was just pointing it out because its often overlooked but man its totally worth your time for the experience

Aye, lots of people who hate crafting will likely ignore it and lose out on that sweet, juicy XP. I'm hitting every node I find if I can, even food nodes, just in case I start another character who needs the mats. Should end up with a nice amount of low level mats for a new character.
 
I'm just enjoying the game at my own pace. Three days in and I'm just lv 15 and finished exploring the entire map of the Sylvari starting area and got the chest for finding all the waypoints/hearts/points of interest, etc.

I am still a bit confused about pvp and vendors.

I have two "mystic coins" that it says I can make items with, where? I also pvp'd a bit and I have like 10 badges of honor, I assume this buys things as well? Where are the pvp vendors for that stuff?


Also is there no one playing on Borlis Pass? I thought it was the [H] server? Can I get a guild invite yet or what? Feels so lonely not being in a guild atm :(.
 
I'm just enjoying the game at my own pace. Three days in and I'm just lv 15 and finished exploring the entire map of the Sylvari starting area and got the chest for finding all the waypoints/hearts/points of interest, etc.

I am still a bit confused about pvp and vendors.

I have two "mystic coins" that it says I can make items with, where? I also pvp'd a bit and I have like 10 badges of honor, I assume this buys things as well? Where are the pvp vendors for that stuff?


Also is there no one playing on Borlis Pass? I thought it was the [H] server? Can I get a guild invite yet or what? Feels so lonely not being in a guild atm :(.

hit up thetoe of you can add me in game and i'll tell them you're from hard dremic.2596



mystic coins are for the mystic forge.. still learning that ... there is plenty to learn. it can fee a little overwhelming hah


EDIT: lookie http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge <--- :)
 
Mystic Coins are used by the mystic forge in Lion's Arch (central hub city). You can access Lion's Arch by going to the asura gates from your race city or from the mists pvp area.

The PvP vendors (for Badges) can be found in World vs World at the staging area you start out in. I am not sure if they are in Lion's Arch.

Some invites for some guilds are not functioning properly, and you may need to get in touch with someone who is the guild leader for the [H] guild. I'm on another server in another guild, so I cannot help - sorry.
 
hit up thetoe of you can add me in game and i'll tell them you're from hard dremic.2596



mystic coins are for the mystic forge.. still learning that ... there is plenty to learn. it can fee a little overwhelming hah

Better be on tonight...and the Indian guy better be on too (he's awesome). :mad:
 
Better be on tonight...and the Indian guy better be on too (he's awesome). :mad:

definitely dude. so hooked its retarded. stayed up till 2 getting 100% caledon forest or whatever... totally worth it though 3 greens and 40 leather... got an entire level with that leather. so awesome hahaha I'm sure he'll be on too... still going mad over my 670 performance issues. ive been browsing newegg 7970s, no joke. hahahha
 
Back
Top