GOD'SlittleSERVANT
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2001
- Messages
- 7,269
What's karma do?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Someone mentioned a few pages ago about it not "stealing" a node if you hit it when someone else is. How does that work?
Nodes are unique to each character. The nodes show up in the same place for everyone, though. Watch next time someone runs up to mine something. It won't disappear for you.
What's karma do?
you buy stuff with it from vendors.. its like a point system and you can get awesome gear. just gotta find a vendor
Saw some of the gear from some of them, wasn't anything spectacular, but I can see it being a cool system, and maybe the gear later on is better, or?
Anyone know if there are any wikis up for the game yet? Mostly interested in crafting-centric info. Really digging the crafting. I'm hitting up every resource node I see, in case I do start another character with a different profession(s).
One of the many, many awesome design decisions made in this game.Nodes are unique to each character. The nodes show up in the same place for everyone, though. Watch next time someone runs up to mine something. It won't disappear for you.
Is there a way to deposit items directly to your bank from your bags. Hate running back and forth.
One of the many, many awesome design decisions made in this game.
Also, I was playing with a friend this weekend, and I finished my starter area (Norn) and was ~ level 17 and I hopped a few gates over to Divinity's Reach and met up with my friend (human) who was level 11. Not only could we continue adventuring, but when exploring the map we were laughing about how many times we would just stop and really look at what we were seeing - details, art, just an awesome scene, etc. The amount of the thought that went into every little detail in the game is just staggering - what an incredible game, especially on launch (which is odd to say, but considering most games at launch it's a rarity now).
Crafting stations have a tab for your bank and for your collections(crafting mats). You also don't have to learn the crafting skill to access those items from a certain station.
So if you are out in the world and you find a crafting station you can use it and deposit stuff into your regular bank.
On a side note, how does the level scaling work? If I quest with a friend who is a lower level, will the quests in his area still give me exp? If so, how much?
I'm getting much smaller amounts of karma than what would be level-appropriate. That sound right?If you are level 20 and you go to a level 5 area it will make your effective level 5 (your stats will be like you were level 5). You will still get experience and loot like you were in a level 20 area.
If you are level 20 and you go to a level 5 area it will make your effective level 5 (your stats will be like you were level 5). You will still get experience and loot like you were in a level 20 area.
Sounds somewhat confusing...but if it works, it works.
dremic said:Quote:
Originally Posted by BiH115
I've got everything as high as it can go in-game, and I'm getting 50+ all day, with laptop in sig. I'd figure a 670 desktop could do much more than a "7870" desktop equivalent card.
idk man. something is pretty inconsistent with the performance to be honest. im sitting at GPU usage sometimes as low as 45% and up to 70% ish and i am losing frames becuse of it. i cant even turn on SS with the performance like this. which really doesnt make any sense as my 670 is a beast.
in terms of looks the game is fantastic to look at. i see people complaining about the chaotic nature of the game and i understand that, the only thing i could complain about there is seeing who the hell im targeting and the loot on the bodies should probably be a little bit more visible. otherwise i like the large scale chaotic combat events. we were stopping a minotaur charge yesterday there was like 20 of us it was epic.
probably the best thing about this game is level scaling. it is brilliantly thought out. I met up with a bunch of friends all of us different levels. one being level 20. I hadnt played all weekend so I was level 3. We went to the norn because nobody had been there yet and just did the starting area. all of us together.. it was a blast. and it was really cool to be able to play with others even though there was such a significant level difference. another thing that makes that feature cool is I am way ahead in levels for my main quest.. now when i go back it wont be super easy because of my level it'll still be a challenge.
so far its pretty dope. I'll reserve judgement for a couple months down the road though as this game is significantly large and there are plenty of things i dont know or understand yet. . still exciting
oh btw people your main city has a portal to lions arch and lions arch has a portal to every major city, I had a buddy walk from the sylvari starting area to the charr.. hahaha took him an hour.. i found the portal in 10 minutes rofl
Is there a way to deposit items directly to your bank from your bags. Hate running back and forth.
Saw some of the gear from some of them, wasn't anything spectacular, but I can see it being a cool system, and maybe the gear later on is better, or?
When you see it, you will realize how awesome it is. Good example, I have been leveling armorsmithing and needed more weak blood vials. These drop from certain mobs under level 15. I was level 31, I went to the lower zone and my effective level dropped to 11 while I farmed these level 9-11 mobs. I got XP similar to mobs that were level 30 in the level 30 zone. When they dropped weapons or armor, it was level 26+ gear, closer to my gear level and potentially useful.Sounds somewhat confusing...but if it works, it works.
Your display name is a unique account identifier that consists of a name and a randomly generated four-digit code. You'll use it on the Forums, and in Guild Wars 2 after launch. The name and four-digit code will be your handle on the Forums.
Do some dynamic events, some exploration (find vistas and points of interest), try some crafting, if you're still underleveled you can go to other starting zones via the Asura gate in your home city.Ok, so I played a bit and got to level 8. My next story quest is recommending I be level 11. What am I doing wrong? I am doing most of the public quest or whatever they are but I don't seem to be leveling properly. Are there any side quests in this game?
www.gw2db.com is one I have found that has all the crafting recipes and such.
I salvage everything I find and gather every chance I get (except when I'm being lazyI wish I could find better weapon drops. I have yet to find a greatsword to try on any of my alts.
I do need to decide on crafting. It doesn't look like you really have enough mats early on to do two professions that use the same mats like armor and weaponsmith. I guess that is true for most MMOs though.
I wish I could find better weapon drops. I have yet to find a greatsword to try on any of my alts.
I do need to decide on crafting. It doesn't look like you really have enough mats early on to do two professions that use the same mats like armor and weaponsmith. I guess that is true for most MMOs though.
No... just buy the salvage kits. The item itself will say "salvageable" on it, then double click on the salvage kit, and select the item.
I salvage everything I find and gather every chance I get (except when I'm being lazy), and I find for both of my professions I've wound up with like one main material I've wound up with way too much of and another material way too little. I've managed to level them, but I'm leveling faster than my professions easily (i.e., stuff I can make is 5-10 levels below me).
I run low pretty often, but I think I abuse the waypoint system way too much so I don't usually have too many issues there.I do the same and I even gather food though I don't plan on cooking. I figure I will just pass it to the guild once I remember to ask for an invite when I am online.
I need to salvage more. I tend to never notice the merchants so I have salvage items piling up and no kits on me. Of course the weaponsmith and armorsmith only sell them for favor so I never buy them there.
I agree. I am not normally a completionist type person, but I have been having fun doing a few zones to 100%.
Neither am I, but I 100%ed Divinity's Reach, Lion's Arch and the first two human questing zones completely. There's some really cool shit hidden in this game that's not part of the 100% zone completion. One of the vistas in Lion's Arch, if you actually bother to watch the cinematic video it shows you, points you down a lion's mouth and into this cool series of puzzles that ends with a loot chest. Fun stuff like that needs to be in more MMOs. It was like a cool version of a datacron from SWTOR.
Just got an unrecoverable graphics driver error about 30 min after installing new drivers.
Sweet.
Yea, I posted about that earlier in the thread. It's very glitchy in tight spots (i.e. jumping puzzles and small indoor areas). My "workaround" is to press alt+enter to go into windowed mode (single screen res) for those areas. Fortunately, it seems to switch almost instantly for me so it's not too terrible.but, my 3rd monitor got back from RMA, and I tried Eyefinity, and I can only say what in the hell is up with the camera, this is glitchy as shit. It is freaking out any time the camera clips or nudges a hill causing the camera to dislodge from the character, I cant even walk into tight tunnels and a few towers i tried to climb the camera just got stuck at the base..
Are you talking about the newest beta drivers, 306.02, which mention they are optimized for gw2 among others?
Yea, I posted about that earlier in the thread. It's very glitchy in tight spots (i.e. jumping puzzles and small indoor areas). My "workaround" is to press alt+enter to go into windowed mode (single screen res) for those areas. Fortunately, it seems to switch almost instantly for me so it's not too terrible.