• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

OMG I bought those things off the Trading Post and all of my bags are those except a couple of jute bags. So that is why I can't deposit things I guess.

So... What is the purpose of that? I thought they had disabled vendoring items too. I've been throwing everything away since level 15 or so and my cash flow went to nil over the last few days.

I'll try buying more bags ASAP! Thank you!

I carry one invisible bag for my various weapons, salvage kits etc. It's handy having the stuff I intend to keep never show up on vendor lists, easier to filter what I want to sell.
 
Didn't even know about these invisible bags. Gonna have to buy one Sk j can protect important items from my fast click selling lol
 
As a tailor on my main I can attest that invisible bags are both awesome and annoying. ;)

Just got up to making 18 slot bags now, but the runes are way out of my price range. I went broke making up 15 slotters for myself at 52 silver per rune, and the 18's use ones that are 2g each I believe. Bleh.
 
So this weekend I did my first dungeon. This game continues to impress me. No monthly is icing on the cake.
 
So this weekend I did my first dungeon. This game continues to impress me. No monthly is icing on the cake.

I, on the other hand, was curious enough to buy this game because of the lack of monthly fee. My first MMO and holy crap the only thing this game continues to do is confuse me. The wiki and tutorials do nothing for me. I shall press on!
 
1) Kind of sucks. I've been asked class everytime I group for a dungeon and I've been kicked because I'm a ranger and not an elementalist for whatever reason.

This is the downside of no Holy Trinity and not having a lot of class specific buffs. Playing Devil's Advocate here... Warriors and Guardians appear to be crazy tough while smashing out huge chunks of enemy health bars. Plus they don't have to be a liability dodging around constantly running. Elementalists drop AOE nukes that seems to never end. Then maybe you have some Thieves that annihilate mobs in very few hits and have the most escape options. So what do other classes bring to the table aside from a few buffs?

I play a Mesmer. There have been plenty of times when I am having trouble, only to see a Warrior casually walk through and effortlessly smash everything in a few seconds :( Then some ranged mobs respawn immediately seconds and kill me in seconds :mad:

I wish I had FRAPS running while playing this, the number of bullshit deaths for a squishy caster make Dark Souls look like Hello Kitty Adventure Island.
 
Last edited:
I, on the other hand, was curious enough to buy this game because of the lack of monthly fee. My first MMO and holy crap the only thing this game continues to do is confuse me. The wiki and tutorials do nothing for me. I shall press on!
Just out of curiosity, what parts in particular?
 
Just out of curiosity, what parts in particular?

Character creation was a cinch, pretty straight forward. Really what it comes down to is that you are immediately immersed into a sea of other players and/or NPC's. I look at the map and there are a myriad of icons and symbols that I have zero clue what they represent. Do I need to go to the little double triangles? What do the hearts mean? Alright, wander towards those and see what happens. This plays out and sure enough, the hearts are a good thing. Mini missions or whatever you want to call them get you some points or karma and off you go. So that this doesn't go to long I am about 10 hours into it and I am trying what I believe to be the main story line, running through spontaneous events, and keeping up with my friends who seemingly mastered the game within 10 levels.

Loot system, crafting, skills, and everything else are just killing me. It is a beautiful game and I really, really want to "get it" but so far I guess I am trying to see the forest through the trees.
 
I wish I had FRAPS running while playing this, the number of bullshit deaths for a squishy caster make Dark Souls look like Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

That's funny that you say that...as a warrior, I find myself occasionally being like, "really? that was bullshit!" myself. There's only so much you can do when the game decides to spawn 8 or 9 mobs on you all at once (hello story missions!) and it gets ridiculous sometimes. The difficulty feels inconsistent. Sometimes I'll be in a fight and I'll take a huge chunk of my life for no discernable reason. The game just isn't tuned all that well to be honest. If the core game wasn't as good as it is...I'd probably not bother.
 
Character creation was a cinch, pretty straight forward. Really what it comes down to is that you are immediately immersed into a sea of other players and/or NPC's. I look at the map and there are a myriad of icons and symbols that I have zero clue what they represent. Do I need to go to the little double triangles? What do the hearts mean? Alright, wander towards those and see what happens. This plays out and sure enough, the hearts are a good thing. Mini missions or whatever you want to call them get you some points or karma and off you go. So that this doesn't go to long I am about 10 hours into it and I am trying what I believe to be the main story line, running through spontaneous events, and keeping up with my friends who seemingly mastered the game within 10 levels.

Loot system, crafting, skills, and everything else are just killing me. It is a beautiful game and I really, really want to "get it" but so far I guess I am trying to see the forest through the trees.

Well, you figured out the hearts. Also, you can expand the map by dragging the corner, so you don't have it as a little tiny rectangle. That might help you head towards dynamic event zones (outlined in orange circles.)

The double triangles are vistas - look for a way to climb/jump up and you'll be able to "view" the vista when you get to the glowing map icon there. That'll give you some XP and a panoramic shot of the surrounding area.

Tiny black squares on the map are just points of interest. Go up near them to explore them and you'll get some XP and credit towards map completion.
 
I just wish I could get a digital copy for cheap... The day I decided to get it was the day they started selling out of the normal versions...
Ah well.
 
That's funny that you say that...as a warrior, I find myself occasionally being like, "really? that was bullshit!" myself. There's only so much you can do when the game decides to spawn 8 or 9 mobs on you all at once (hello story missions!) and it gets ridiculous sometimes. The difficulty feels inconsistent. Sometimes I'll be in a fight and I'll take a huge chunk of my life for no discernable reason. The game just isn't tuned all that well to be honest. If the core game wasn't as good as it is...I'd probably not bother.

I would be happy if this crap only happened to me in story missions! :p As a Mesmer, I have plenty of tools for dealing with one or two mobs. I can take down veteran mobs pretty easily if I have space to work with. Unfortunately once shit starts respawning and getting aggro, things fall apart very quickly. And it is not like I am dodging back and running like crazy either, I always stay within a small area to avoid other mobs. I have a bitch of a time working through many areas because I can't kill mobs faster than they respawn. Or I just hit one mobs and then three more come running over 5 seconds later. Some areas are fine for this, others make me want to smash my keyboard in frustration.
 
Just wait til you get later on in the game.

Around lv 50 up almost ALL mobs have some form of knockdown/root, etc.

Also, is anyone else wanting to like underwater but finding it annoying? It seems that they REALLy populated the fuck out of it with enemies, I mean you can't swim anywhere without having 10 things trailing behind you on aggro, especially in area's where there are krait (Most hated enemy in teh game, SO ANNOYING).


This the one thing that GW2 and most mmo's dot hat I hate, having enemies so over-populated in the world that it makes exploring it not as fun as it should be.

A game like TES and what not knows how to do it well and mmo's could learn a lesson or two. Exploring the open world you shouldn't have aggro enemies every 10 feet.

I also wish the animals and creatures had real AI, and didn't just "sit there" waiting for someone to attack, rather that they actually had routines and wandered around.

That was something that games like Gothic and Stalker knew how to do well.

Just a little annoying pet peeve of mine and mmo's.
 
Those AI animals just sit the because there are so many other animals around they are afraid to move :p

I am around L50. The mobs would be less annoying if damage would slow the cast times... I guess I am supposed to see them casting a big spell, but i dont have an interrupt anyway.

And screw some of the underwater areas. The underwater Mesmer weapons do close to zero damage, no idea wtf they were thinking. It just doesn't work when you have four Krait witches eating your face.
 
It's weird how some weapon setups feel like they do next to no damage. Warrior longbows are just bad in terms of DPS output for example.
 
It's weird how some weapon setups feel like they do next to no damage. Warrior longbows are just bad in terms of DPS output for example.

Certainly lower, but I gave up using a rifle a long time ago because single target dps being lower is a small price to pay when you're clearing huge groups of mobs with the longbow AoE.
 
As a level 35 elementalist, Im wondering at what point do I feel powerful? Even being downtuned to level 28 I still get my shit pushed in hard. Running scepter/dagger, and if I get caught between more than 2 mobs I am boned.
 
As a level 35 elementalist, Im wondering at what point do I feel powerful? Even being downtuned to level 28 I still get my shit pushed in hard. Running scepter/dagger, and if I get caught between more than 2 mobs I am boned.

Lots of bitching on the official forums about the Elementalist and how underpowered they are. I'd play another class until they buff them in a patch.
 
Also, is anyone else wanting to like underwater but finding it annoying? It seems that they REALLy populated the fuck out of it with enemies, I mean you can't swim anywhere without having 10 things trailing behind you on aggro, especially in area's where there are krait (Most hated enemy in teh game, SO ANNOYING).

I was liking it as an Ele, but then I wasn't really clicking with that class on land so I switched to my old standard Warrior, and now it's the other way round, he feels pitifully underpowered underwater. But mostly it's those god DAMN barracuda that annoy me the most. One or two are ok, but then they summon others and before you know it you've got half a dozen or more taking sizeable chunks out of you.
 
Lots of bitching on the official forums about the Elementalist and how underpowered they are. I'd play another class until they buff them in a patch.


I've been seeing that alot, too. I figured maybe I was just playing wrong, but even after changing my traits up, and gearing, Im thinking they're right.

What should I roll in the meantime? I hear ranger is good for PVE and soloing, which is what I do a majority of the time.
 
Certainly lower, but I gave up using a rifle a long time ago because single target dps being lower is a small price to pay when you're clearing huge groups of mobs with the longbow AoE.

If you want aoe as a warrior the long bow still sucks outside of PvP. Greatsword > longbow.
 
Don't play engineers!! They are terrible! Their support sucks, their damage is especially lackluster, especially with piercing pistols and stacking condition damage! Their combo field stacking is terribly useless and nobody likes standing in the healing / buffing / condition removing fields!
Being able to destroy other ranged players in PVP is boring and gets old quickly!
*wink*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1faOKMs7YBw <--- use this build
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxH9zGbVUYk

/Engineer

I don't play PvP so an engineers that "destroy" ranged players means nothing to me. I find the class boring but if you like it that's great. I'm sure many people do.
 
Was trying to get the digital edition so I wouldn't have to wait for shipping :(

Well Amazon 2 day isn't bad at all man or just pony up a few more bucks for overnight shippin from Amazon, its cheaper than anywhere else you'll get it with overnight shipping.
 
Is it safe to say gw2 has more content to it than d3? More value?

Oh God yes. I finished D3 in less than 20 hours and while it was a fun ride, I didn't have much desire to replay it again. I've got 110 hours logged in GW 2 already and I haven't finished the main story yet and I'm nowhere near close to maxing out my characters. The original GW had enough content to keep you playing for 3-5 years for most people. This one is about 3x larger from what I've seen so far, not only map area but also content. I've never had a game that has given me more bang for the buck than the original GW and GW 2 has even more, its almost a crime to pay $50-60 for a game like this.
 
Got my cooking to 400 this morning but it looks like Anet nerfed the ability to purchase some of the cooking supplies for karma from the Chef vendor in towns. They took out some stuff like packs of butter and chocolate bars and you apparently have to get them from packs off of enemies now. Glad I got 400 before the nerf but that's pretty shitty. I guess it was just too easy. I got 10 levels out of cooking easy.

If it was an exploit, why was it shitty?
 
Yes, but when I'm out killing mobs and I hit the option in my bags to deposit collectibles only about 3 types will go to my bank. Everything else just sits in my bags. I might have onions, jute, 2 or 3 different types of leather, 1 of each type of low level gem, bone splinters, blood, etc.

If I hit deposit collectibles only the jute and one type of leather leaves my bags. Everything else stays. What am I doing wrong? Even if I right click each one and select deposit collectible they still stay in my bags. So I'm forced to go to the city and deposit them manually. I just drag them to the appropriate collectible window and they automatically stack into my bank tabs. When I say bank tabs I mean the bank collectible windows; not the tabs where I place gear for low level alts.

When I first started playing I used to have access to the bank robot from the Collector's Edition. Since that is disabled I have to go to the city to do it or I guess buy those bank things from the cash shop. Those are one time use right? Is there a direct replacement for the Collector's Edition one?



If your collectibles aren't going to your bank then its full.
 
A lot of people are just idiots in this game. Seems like the message just hasn't gotten out that the old trinity is dead, people still expect warriors and guardians to tank. Bottom line is, if the group doesn't want you, they don't understand the game and it wasn't going to be a productive run anyway.

Necro is pretty lame right now though in PvE. The Necro from the original GW that everyone loved is gone now. I have one of each class and I struggle to find the motivation to play my Engineer and Necro. All other classes are quite fun and viable.
 
On another note, has anyone noticed that magic find is broken? I find that I can wear a whole armor set of magic find and it makes little difference in drops.

I seriously doubt its broken, the chances of finding magical items is simply going to be low, period otherwise it would ruin the game if it were common. You will find a lot more magical items as you go up in levels and the areas that match your level.
 
I'm well aware of the 250 item stack limit and this is NOT what is happening, nor is it happening with items that don't actually have spaces in the collectible bank. I mined a Chrysocola Shard last night from a Platinum vein and it would not deposit no matter how many times I tried. However, walking right up to the bank and dragging it over manually worked just fine.

The Chrysocola Shard was the first of the stack, ie there wasn't any other in the collectible bank of it's type yet, but it also happened with an Engraved Totem at the same time which I had 4 of before I tried to deposit it.

If you found a bug, report it. The in game report feature works great. Use it.
 
That's funny that you say that...as a warrior, I find myself occasionally being like, "really? that was bullshit!" myself. There's only so much you can do when the game decides to spawn 8 or 9 mobs on you all at once (hello story missions!) and it gets ridiculous sometimes. The difficulty feels inconsistent. Sometimes I'll be in a fight and I'll take a huge chunk of my life for no discernable reason. The game just isn't tuned all that well to be honest. If the core game wasn't as good as it is...I'd probably not bother.

This game is polished as a diamond, not sure what you're talking about. If its not your cup of tea, move on. There are other games out there and this one is going to be big for years and years for most people.
 
Just wait til you get later on in the game.

Around lv 50 up almost ALL mobs have some form of knockdown/root, etc.

Also, is anyone else wanting to like underwater but finding it annoying? It seems that they REALLy populated the fuck out of it with enemies, I mean you can't swim anywhere without having 10 things trailing behind you on aggro, especially in area's where there are krait (Most hated enemy in teh game, SO ANNOYING).


This the one thing that GW2 and most mmo's dot hat I hate, having enemies so over-populated in the world that it makes exploring it not as fun as it should be.

A game like TES and what not knows how to do it well and mmo's could learn a lesson or two. Exploring the open world you shouldn't have aggro enemies every 10 feet.

I also wish the animals and creatures had real AI, and didn't just "sit there" waiting for someone to attack, rather that they actually had routines and wandered around.

That was something that games like Gothic and Stalker knew how to do well.

Just a little annoying pet peeve of mine and mmo's.

They countered the monster population/exploration problems quite well though. If you played the original GW, running to high level areas was next to impossible because aggro would get your killed almost every time. I've run to level 50+ areas with a level 20 characters and just about anywhere in GW2 without being killed because monsters don't always chase you. Some seem to be more aggressive than others, some will let you walk right by without attacking, some come right after you. However, many of them don't hit you with anything to stop you so you can explore quite a bit actually above your level without too much issue as long as you don't stop and stand around all the time in those areas you aren't supposed to be in.
 
It's weird how some weapon setups feel like they do next to no damage. Warrior longbows are just bad in terms of DPS output for example.

The longbow wasn't meant to be a high DPS weapon for the warrior. I would think that just makes sense to most people. The longbow is for pulling, and for ranged attacks. The warrior's meat and potatoes is melee combat. If the warrior had high DPS with a longbow, what would be the purpose of a Ranger?
 
The longbow wasn't meant to be a high DPS weapon for the warrior. I would think that just makes sense to most people. The longbow is for pulling, and for ranged attacks. The warrior's meat and potatoes is melee combat. If the warrior had high DPS with a longbow, what would be the purpose of a Ranger?

Not true.
Most class can do good dps range and melee.

A warrior with a rifle can do some impressive single target dps.
The longbow is mostly AoE so obviously single will suffer.

There's options and that's what makes this game great.
 
It wasn't an exploit.
Though I think it's a bad idea, cooking is already a pain to level because of all the ingredients required.

You got years and years to play this game, with no subscription fees might I add. Everyone wants to complete 100% of the game in the first 2 weeks, then they would be complaining there's nothing to do. You can't please everyone it seems.
 
They countered the monster population/exploration problems quite well though. If you played the original GW, running to high level areas was next to impossible because aggro would get your killed almost every time. I've run to level 50+ areas with a level 20 characters and just about anywhere in GW2 without being killed because monsters don't always chase you. Some seem to be more aggressive than others, some will let you walk right by without attacking, some come right after you. However, many of them don't hit you with anything to stop you so you can explore quite a bit actually above your level without too much issue as long as you don't stop and stand around all the time in those areas you aren't supposed to be in.
This isn't true starting in the 70-75 zone just outside of Orr and in the Orr zones. Every mob has a snare / pull / immobilize / some sort of CC. Getting full completion in those zones by myself (literally no one else was in those zones with me at the time) was a huge PITA. Killing mobs becomes much slower at higher levels and the solo respawn rate is ridiculously high.


Warrior Longbow is an AOE weapon. Yes it's designed that way and no you can't treat it like a single target dps ranged weapon (that's what a rifle is). That said, I think they made a huge mistake with weaponization. You now choose your weapon based on what skills have been pre-defined for each one rather than choosing skills for your weapon. They could have made the game much deeper if they allowed more skill options per weapon.

Got my cooking to 400 this morning but it looks like Anet nerfed the ability to purchase some of the cooking supplies for karma from the Chef vendor in towns. They took out some stuff like packs of butter and chocolate bars and you apparently have to get them from packs off of enemies now. Glad I got 400 before the nerf but that's pretty shitty. I guess it was just too easy. I got 10 levels out of cooking easy.
You do realize butter is dirt cheap on the TP? I got 30 stacks of that stuff from a single CM run. I'm surprised Tyrians aren't ridiculously fat. They're oozing butter from the surface of the land.
 
As a level 35 elementalist, Im wondering at what point do I feel powerful? Even being downtuned to level 28 I still get my shit pushed in hard. Running scepter/dagger, and if I get caught between more than 2 mobs I am boned.

I felt this way too on my 32 elementalist, dagger/dagger or staff. I started an engineer this weekend and love it. Not looking back, as it definitely more my play style...woot
 
Not true.
Most class can do good dps range and melee.

A warrior with a rifle can do some impressive single target dps.
The longbow is mostly AoE so obviously single will suffer.

There's options and that's what makes this game great.

Was true, as I stated, its balanced as it should be.
 
Back
Top