• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

yes but I'm always in my own party , even if I'm soloing.. party of one . At least that's how I want it to work.
 
Man I'm really struggling for money now.

Level 50 and not sure where/how to make some decent money. Been getting by mainly on the event rewards, etc.

Trying to up my armor smith and weapon smithing but trying to get mats to up it is a huuuuuuuge money sink so i'm almost broke.

Seems like until you get to high lv's your crafting doesn't make you any money at all and you're better off salvaging the items you make to get back what mats you can.

Anyone have some good suggestions to make some money? Was thinking about going back to some starter zones and farming up copper sinc eit seems to sell so highly.
 
Man I'm really struggling for money now.

Level 50 and not sure where/how to make some decent money. Been getting by mainly on the event rewards, etc.

Trying to up my armor smith and weapon smithing but trying to get mats to up it is a huuuuuuuge money sink so i'm almost broke.

Seems like until you get to high lv's your crafting doesn't make you any money at all and you're better off salvaging the items you make to get back what mats you can.

Anyone have some good suggestions to make some money? Was thinking about going back to some starter zones and farming up copper sinc eit seems to sell so highly.

Crafting is a complete waste of money if that's what you're looking for. The only reason to craft is for the BOP things required for legendary items. Otherwise, there's absolutely no reason to craft. The market is hyper saturated by all of the crafters out there (as a result of the TP and the inherent nature of revealing lowest priced items). It's much better to just buy what other people craft vs. craft it yourself due to the money sink to level up crafting. It's not worth it.
 
Crafting is a complete waste of money if that's what you're looking for.

i miss the early days of eq2. crafting in that game kicked so much ass, people, including you, would actually use your product and crafting was extremely interactive. nothing, including eve, has come close to it unfortunately.
 
Crafting is nothing but a money sink in this game. Pretty much every item is on the TP for less than the cost of the mats, so you lose money trying to make stuff to sell. And it is pointless to do it for XP since there are easier and more cost effective ways to do get it.

I just gathering everything I see and at the end of the day throw it up on the TP and that is how I'm making my money.
 
Crafting is nothing but a money sink in this game. Pretty much every item is on the TP for less than the cost of the mats, so you lose money trying to make stuff to sell. And it is pointless to do it for XP since there are easier and more cost effective ways to do get it.

I just gathering everything I see and at the end of the day throw it up on the TP and that is how I'm making my money.

Mats are worth more than the components in every MMO ever, this is commonplace. Crafting is excellent for XP all you do is hit the nodes while leveling and make shit out of what you get, nothing spent just extra XP and some profit. Losing a tiny bit of profit for the extra XP is worth it unless you play this game solely to make gold its worth it.
 
Crafting is nothing but a money sink in this game. Pretty much every item is on the TP for less than the cost of the mats, so you lose money trying to make stuff to sell. And it is pointless to do it for XP since there are easier and more cost effective ways to do get it.

I just gathering everything I see and at the end of the day throw it up on the TP and that is how I'm making my money.


Do I need crafting to make anything later on in the game? I keep hearing about a Mystic Forge also. So is it safe to just sell all my materials on the TP?
 
Do I need crafting to make anything later on in the game? I keep hearing about a Mystic Forge also. So is it safe to just sell all my materials on the TP?
Legendary weapons/items. Also it's easier to make complete sets of gear using crafting, and you'll end up with better stats. Besides, all items are free and you get XP from collecting them, so it's win/win all around.
 
Legendary weapons/items. Also it's easier to make complete sets of gear using crafting, and you'll end up with better stats. Besides, all items are free and you get XP from collecting them, so it's win/win all around.

What crafting guide are you using? I'm finding the whole crafting aspect of the game to be overly tedious because I don't exactly know what I'm doing. :) Also why doesn't my crafting materials go into my bank when I click deposit collectibles. I figured some of them aren't going because I have 250 item stacks of stuff. But the ones that I have one or two of aren't going either. So that is making crafting a pain in the butt as I'm stuck walking around with full bags. It's making me loathe crafting to be exact.

Can we recharge the Collector's Edition personal bank? That would cure it all and I could go back to enjoying myself instead of playing inventory Tetris. Should I be using higher level gathering tools in the low level zones? It seemed that I was getting more gems that way. I'm at level 39 on my Necromancer and I've only accumulated enough gems to get to level 68 Jewelcrafting. I have the ore; but no gems. :(
 
When you go to your bank look at The tabs. There will be one that says collectibles. When you use the deposited collectibles option that's where they go to. You can also access this collectibles page from the crafting windows to.
 
When you go to your bank look at The tabs. There will be one that says collectibles. When you use the deposited collectibles option that's where they go to. You can also access this collectibles page from the crafting windows to.

Yes, but when I'm out killing mobs and I hit the option in my bags to deposit collectibles only about 3 types will go to my bank. Everything else just sits in my bags. I might have onions, jute, 2 or 3 different types of leather, 1 of each type of low level gem, bone splinters, blood, etc.

If I hit deposit collectibles only the jute and one type of leather leaves my bags. Everything else stays. What am I doing wrong? Even if I right click each one and select deposit collectible they still stay in my bags. So I'm forced to go to the city and deposit them manually. I just drag them to the appropriate collectible window and they automatically stack into my bank tabs. When I say bank tabs I mean the bank collectible windows; not the tabs where I place gear for low level alts.

When I first started playing I used to have access to the bank robot from the Collector's Edition. Since that is disabled I have to go to the city to do it or I guess buy those bank things from the cash shop. Those are one time use right? Is there a direct replacement for the Collector's Edition one?
 
Hmm, don't know why I didn't think of this before. Can I mail my alts my collectibles? Sit one beside a bank and mail my ore to it so I can deposit it into my bank. Like I used to do in WoW. :) Does it cost me anything to mail items?
 
Yes, but when I'm out killing mobs and I hit the option in my bags to deposit collectibles only about 3 types will go to my bank. Everything else just sits in my bags. I might have onions, jute, 2 or 3 different types of leather, 1 of each type of low level gem, bone splinters, blood, etc.

If I hit deposit collectibles only the jute and one type of leather leaves my bags. Everything else stays. What am I doing wrong? Even if I right click each one and select deposit collectible they still stay in my bags. So I'm forced to go to the city and deposit them manually. I just drag them to the appropriate collectible window and they automatically stack into my bank tabs. When I say bank tabs I mean the bank collectible windows; not the tabs where I place gear for low level alts.

When I first started playing I used to have access to the bank robot from the Collector's Edition. Since that is disabled I have to go to the city to do it or I guess buy those bank things from the cash shop. Those are one time use right? Is there a direct replacement for the Collector's Edition one?

You can only deposit 250 of each collectible. You can move those into you normal bank bag and keep depositting. Or just sell the 250 in the bank.

Some items like slivers won't get deposited this way.
 
You can only deposit 250 of each collectible. You can move those into you normal bank bag and keep depositting. Or just sell the 250 in the bank.

Some items like slivers won't get deposited this way.

Well I guess it's back to inventory Tetris. Thx for the response!
 
Crafting is a complete waste of money if that's what you're looking for. The only reason to craft is for the BOP things required for legendary items. Otherwise, there's absolutely no reason to craft. The market is hyper saturated by all of the crafters out there (as a result of the TP and the inherent nature of revealing lowest priced items). It's much better to just buy what other people craft vs. craft it yourself due to the money sink to level up crafting. It's not worth it.

It'd be nice if the game automatically "suggested" a price for crafted gear that's, you know, actually decently higher than the freaking vendor cost. It's always like 1 copper more, and you'll end up losing money because of the TP cut. But all it takes is a few people not realizing this and it'll guarantee that the TP is not viable for profiting from crafting.
 
Mats are worth more than the components in every MMO ever, this is commonplace. Crafting is excellent for XP all you do is hit the nodes while leveling and make shit out of what you get, nothing spent just extra XP and some profit. Losing a tiny bit of profit for the extra XP is worth it unless you play this game solely to make gold its worth it.

This would be true if not for the fucking rare materials and their atrociously bad drop rate.
 
This would be true if not for the fucking rare materials and their atrociously bad drop rate.

I gather basically any node I see along my way, and I blew through everything I had just to get weaponsmithing up to like 55 or so. This would be fine if the fine crafting mats weren't so horrible to get. It would cost me like 2g just to get past 75 to get to the next level of crafting. If, I got passed there the cost goes down a lot, but the entry cost is way to high right now for me to push it with crafting.
 
Some observations after playing for a few weeks.

1) DO NOT play a necro if you want to do any end game PVE content. People are stupid and think necro's suck at PVE and won't invite you. Necro's are easily a top 3 in PVE and every group should want one. However, most MMO'ers are stupid and opinion outweighs fact.

2) Don't plan on doing WvW on a popular server. Quenes are 3+ hours and the chances of the game not disconnecting and resetting it are zero. The ONLY way to get into the WvW is to restart your client just before the mandatory restart for a patch and get in instantly after it drops everyone.

3) Don't plan on doing WvW on a non-popular server. Quene times are instant and you will be spawn camped.
 
Some observations after playing for a few weeks.

1) DO NOT play a necro if you want to do any end game PVE content. People are stupid and think necro's suck at PVE and won't invite you. Necro's are easily a top 3 in PVE and every group should want one. However, most MMO'ers are stupid and opinion outweighs fact.

2) Don't plan on doing WvW on a popular server. Quenes are 3+ hours and the chances of the game not disconnecting and resetting it are zero. The ONLY way to get into the WvW is to restart your client just before the mandatory restart for a patch and get in instantly after it drops everyone.

3) Don't plan on doing WvW on a non-popular server. Quene times are instant and you will be spawn camped.

1) Kind of sucks. I've been asked class everytime I group for a dungeon and I've been kicked because I'm a ranger and not an elementalist for whatever reason.

2) True to a certain extent. It took me forever to get 100% world completion due to Queue times.

3) Not true at all. I'm on a server that instantly queues and we do well in WvW. The servers are rating matched. This is also what helped me get my world completion - queuing from a relatively low pop server that was winning.
 
Can you be a bit more specific?

Don't waste materials crafting things you know how to craft. For example, say you're leveling weaponsmithing. Don't try to craft 10 "mighty bronze sword (simple)" items. Craft 10x hilts, 10x blades, and one of each inscription and combine them in the discovery tab. The basic formula will be: (base item component) + (base item component) + (inscription) where the base components are the hilts, hafts, blades, etc.
 
Some observations after playing for a few weeks.

1) DO NOT play a necro if you want to do any end game PVE content. People are stupid and think necro's suck at PVE and won't invite you. Necro's are easily a top 3 in PVE and every group should want one. However, most MMO'ers are stupid and opinion outweighs fact.

2) Don't plan on doing WvW on a popular server. Quenes are 3+ hours and the chances of the game not disconnecting and resetting it are zero. The ONLY way to get into the WvW is to restart your client just before the mandatory restart for a patch and get in instantly after it drops everyone.

3) Don't plan on doing WvW on a non-popular server. Quene times are instant and you will be spawn camped.

A lot of people are just idiots in this game. Seems like the message just hasn't gotten out that the old trinity is dead, people still expect warriors and guardians to tank. Bottom line is, if the group doesn't want you, they don't understand the game and it wasn't going to be a productive run anyway.
 
I call this outfit... Devil May Charr :cool:

aFDb2.jpg
 
Yes, but when I'm out killing mobs and I hit the option in my bags to deposit collectibles only about 3 types will go to my bank. Everything else just sits in my bags. I might have onions, jute, 2 or 3 different types of leather, 1 of each type of low level gem, bone splinters, blood, etc.

If I hit deposit collectibles only the jute and one type of leather leaves my bags. Everything else stays. What am I doing wrong? Even if I right click each one and select deposit collectible they still stay in my bags. So I'm forced to go to the city and deposit them manually. I just drag them to the appropriate collectible window and they automatically stack into my bank tabs. When I say bank tabs I mean the bank collectible windows; not the tabs where I place gear for low level alts.

When I first started playing I used to have access to the bank robot from the Collector's Edition. Since that is disabled I have to go to the city to do it or I guess buy those bank things from the cash shop. Those are one time use right? Is there a direct replacement for the Collector's Edition one?

I hate you, I had never had this problem until I read your post and then I had a gem from a Platinum mine and something else I forgot that wouldn't deposit but I could drag them into the collectible bank manually.
 
I hate you, I had never had this problem until I read your post and then I had a gem from a Platinum mine and something else I forgot that wouldn't deposit but I could drag them into the collectible bank manually.

Man I have a whole bag of stuff that won't deposit! :)
 
Man I have a whole bag of stuff that won't deposit! :)
There are a lot of things that are salvageable that won't deposit into your collectible's bank. Read item descriptions and carry 30-45 crude salvage kits on you at all times. You can buy them from karma vendors in the cities so they're "free."
 
On another note, has anyone noticed that magic find is broken? I find that I can wear a whole armor set of magic find and it makes little difference in drops.
 
On another note, has anyone noticed that magic find is broken? I find that I can wear a whole armor set of magic find and it makes little difference in drops.

I personally despise the fact that MF even exists. Statistically something like that only works on large numbers. Large numbers implies grind. It was just disheartening that this gear even exists.
 
Yeah, it seems like they threw a bone to the hardcore crowd there. I'm just wondering if I should keep it for money-making or if it isn't even worth it. I think I see a small difference, but I always like quantification.
 
There are a lot of things that are salvageable that won't deposit into your collectible's bank. Read item descriptions and carry 30-45 crude salvage kits on you at all times. You can buy them from karma vendors in the cities so they're "free."

This is not what we're talking about.
 
This is not what we're talking about.

You do realize that the answer was already posted on the last page though, right? I ask because I honestly don't know if you missed it.

You can only deposit 250 of each collectible. You can move those into you normal bank bag and keep depositting. Or just sell the 250 in the bank.

Some items like slivers won't get deposited this way.
 
You do realize that the answer was already posted on the last page though, right? I ask because I honestly don't know if you missed it.

I'm well aware of the 250 item stack limit and this is NOT what is happening, nor is it happening with items that don't actually have spaces in the collectible bank. I mined a Chrysocola Shard last night from a Platinum vein and it would not deposit no matter how many times I tried. However, walking right up to the bank and dragging it over manually worked just fine.

The Chrysocola Shard was the first of the stack, ie there wasn't any other in the collectible bank of it's type yet, but it also happened with an Engraved Totem at the same time which I had 4 of before I tried to deposit it.
 
Man I have a whole bag of stuff that won't deposit! :)
There are packs that you can craft called invisible bags, or something like that
and nothing you put in there will be automatically deposited, or sold to vendors...Maybe thats your issue.
 
I think its absolutely retarded they added a timer to weapon swaps.. I loved doing weapon swaps on my mesmer.
 
There are packs that you can craft called invisible bags, or something like that
and nothing you put in there will be automatically deposited, or sold to vendors...Maybe thats your issue.

OMG I bought those things off the Trading Post and all of my bags are those except a couple of jute bags. So that is why I can't deposit things I guess.

So... What is the purpose of that? I thought they had disabled vendoring items too. I've been throwing everything away since level 15 or so and my cash flow went to nil over the last few days.

I'll try buying more bags ASAP! Thank you!
 
Back
Top